Next GT Sport Update Arrives July 31, Brings Four (Edit: FIVE!) New Cars

People used to complain about cars or tracks they didn’t want. But now they are QUICKLY losing hope for GTS. They be like, “Oh well that seems to be the last update. GTS sucked, now let’s wait for GT7.” Ugh, smh after I see comments like that, its becoming annoying. Come on people it’s not the end of the world.

So if you cared less you'd drop your phone and fall asleep which you didn't do so that means you care?
I'm confused.
Is it literally years ago? Literally? Not just years ago. lol
I guess I got the 15 bucks I put into it so I'm literally happy with that.

It is either literally years ago or it is not years ago. Are you thinking figuratively? And I have no idea about what you are talking about when you say cars act like they are all front wheel drive. Do you mean that cars with an open differential act like they have an open differential? Try putting in a customizable diff and see what happens.

For what it's worth, there's not many 10m+ cars from previous games left.

There's GT5's two Ferrari F1 cars (F2007, F10), which are unlikely. The Chapparal 2D and 2J were both 10m+ in GT5 but less in GT6, so possible but not hugely likely. And then there's the 1969 Ford GT40 race car.

We'll only know the update car count - if there's four, or if there's more - when Yamauchi posts the Twitter Silhouette.
When or if?

I find it extremely disappointing that we only have 5-7 more updates. I suppose the GTS servers will be shutting down approximately 6 months after the last update too??
So, you don't think the game will get any updates in 2020? Why?

I find it extremely disappointing that we only have 5-7 more updates. I suppose the GTS servers will be shutting down approximately 6 months after the last update too??
If the PS5 is a cross platform console, that means that the PS4 and PS5 users to would play games online together, so GTS players to would play with GT7 players and the GT Sport server will not be shutting down until sometime in 2021. I got this info from the good old internet, but I don't know if its true or not.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the Honda S800 saying something like "oh PD could have given us a Koenigsegg instead of this ****..." I'll be 100% honest: somehow these little japanese classics entertain me more than these superhypermegacars while playing GT.

FYI, my LaFerrari has less mileage than my Honda Beat. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or have PD been getting more and more frugal in the past few months? Last year we were seeing 8, 9 or 12 cars per update. Now it's 4 plus a VGT or something similar.
Are they just winding down on GTS? Can't say I really disagree with Stephen's verdict of the update. Not particularly exciting to say the least...

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the Honda S800 saying something like "oh PD could have given us a Koenigsegg instead of this ****..." I'll be 100% honest: somehow these little japanese classics entertain me more than these superhypermegacars while playing GT.

My Top 3:
3.360 km - Audi TT Gr.4
2.760 km - Aston Martin DB11
1.667 km - AMG GT S

LaFerrari - 338 km...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or have PD been getting more and more frugal in the past few months? Last year we were seeing 8, 9 or 12 cars per update. Now it's 4 plus a VGT or something similar.
Are they just winding down on GTS? Can't say I really disagree with Stephen's verdict of the update. Not particularly exciting to say the least...
PD is concentrating on the next GT game, and that is why you Guy's are only getting a few cars each months and not a dozen of cars like you should be getting.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the Honda S800 saying something like "oh PD could have given us a Koenigsegg instead of this s***..." I'll be 100% honest: somehow these little japanese classics entertain me more than these superhypermegacars while playing GT.

Those hypercars normally are very hard to drive fast so I, personally, tend to avoid them being my favorite power range between 250 to 450 on road cars. Besides, GT has always been about the under powered cars despite GT Sport not being a regular GT.

PD is concentrating on the next GT game, and that is why you Guy's are only getting a few cars each months and not a dozen of cars like you should be getting.
You keep on saying the similar thing over and over again like it's true when there's not even a evidence of some sort to back it up.

And with that logic that PD is focusing on the next game, then the updates should be lesser or to none then. And no it's not just about the cars.

Those hypercars normally are very hard to drive fast so I, personally, tend to avoid them being my favorite power range between 250 to 450 on road cars. Besides, GT has always been about the under powered cars despite GT Sport not being a regular GT.
If the Nissan 370 Z (331 hp) were in the game, it would surely be my car with the most mileage.

If the Nissan 370 Z (331 hp) were in the game, it would surely be my car with the most mileage.

Yeah, I'd love to make to make stock and tuned around 400hp comparisons between 370z and 350z but I still need the front splitters, rear spoilers and upgradable brakes. Damn, I miss GT auto and the tuning shop :irked:.

My most used car in gt5/6 - and im not a Z fan. This and isuzu bellet..

car_316_46737_555e61ac944ab.jpg

We should start 2 threads for updates now - one called ‘The +ve update thread’ and one - ‘The -ve update thread’. That way all the negative people can get together and b**ch about the update, and the rest of us can get together to appreciate PD’s efforts for still supporting GTSport,

HAHAHA great! You know what's even funnier? People who apparently hate the game are still around here commenting "this game sucks" or "this isn't a real GT" everywhere... I mean, when we hate something we avoid talking about it, right?

You keep on saying the similar thing over and over again like it's true when there's not even a evidence of some sort to back it up.
It is true because you are getting less and less content in GT Sport.

I would not lose faith THAT quickly though. We still have around 197 cars left before we reached the aforementioned 500 cars Kaz promised us from the very beginning. Given PD's track record from their recent DLC content, it is going to take much more than 7 months to release all of them.
Kaz never said there was going to be 500 cars in total. He did say between 400-500 cars by the end of its life. And to be honest the updates is slowing down. More work goes to next gt, we are pretty sure thats why we don’t see as big updates anymore so don’t expect we get more than maybe 5 cars a month from now on. It was around 8–10 in the beginning. But i am still happy we get something to play with and keep gt sport alive until we see the next title. Porsche 930 and civic ek9 are very welcome for me. Now i can do some rivalmatches for that civic and the integra. Integra is one of the Only 5 speed manuals that can get a 6 speed with the racing transmission. I wounder if that will carry over to the civic as well. As happy innan for 930 the best car in this pack for me, and i don’t see Any good rivals for it yet. Maybe the skyline and supra could be a good rivals match

Last edited:
People used to complain about cars or tracks they didn’t want. But now they are QUICKLY losing hope for GTS. They be like, “Oh well that seems to be the last update. GTS sucked, now let’s wait for GT7.” Ugh, smh after I see comments like that, its becoming annoying. Come on people it’s not the end of the world.
Talk about expecting something too much. They're used to ranting whenever they are dissapointed with that, even if those updates are still being offered for free.

It is true because you are getting less and less content in GT Sport.
Still the same though. Just because the no. of cars that the update will have is low doesn't mean the game is getting less content. There's still going to be the usual new circuit experience event, new Scapes collection, etc.

As for the track, we shall wait and see.

Look at BFV the game is dead LoL

Compared to GT sport we should be happy we are still getting content. But man I need more racecars.

We know PD can make more than 4 or 5 cars a month (even before outsourcing started). We have recently been told that work has started on the next GT. What else do people think PD are doing if not making cars and holding them back for the next game?

If the next GT launched and it just had the same cars as we had already in GTS imagine the outcry!

I have always expected this, and feel we may get a series of smaller (or even no :eek:) updates before a big update of cars to this game once they have been announced for the next one.

What else do people think PD are doing if not making cars and holding them back for the next game?
Kazunori Yamauchi
I think nowadays we are no longer in the era where you hold on to the new cars and tracks that you create for the next title, and you save it all for your release. I don’t think we work that way any more. Now it is sort of like being on Spotify or the iTunes Store; I think it is more natural to have new additional cars and tracks added to the store as they are ready to go.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-paris-interview-part-2/

Back