Next GT Sport Update Arrives July 31, Brings Four (Edit: FIVE!) New Cars

I believe 168 cars at launch.

The 500 was mentioned as a maximum. The actual quote was "In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars" which means people assuming 500 as opposed to 400 are being slightly optimistic.
If the only cars in the update are the 4 confirmed by the PSN store, that would bring the car count to 303. This means we would need 97 cars left to reach the 400 minimum car goal. :D
But in order to get to 400, if 5 cars were added each month, it would take about 20 months (1.66 Years) to get there. But if PD jumped the car count each future update to 10 cars, the game would have 400 cars in 9 months.

Last edited:
Agreed. At the same time.. GT Sport is going to scale totally well with PS5 (X86, AMD GPU), they just need to offload some GPGPU stuff to the CPU and then make this beautiful game even prettier, throw in some bells and whistles and call it GT7 and continue monthly updates post that game release.
Honestly, PD has NEVER had an easier next gen transition than PS4-PS5.
I bet they have ALOT of content already made and are just scaling SOME down for GT Sport, for as long as possible.
Gt sport could never become gt7. Or Any numbered title. To many features are missing for it to have the right to be called gt7. Gt sport will be playable on ps5 with as back compatible in the Wait for the next title.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the Honda S800 saying something like "oh PD could have given us a Koenigsegg instead of this ****..." I'll be 100% honest: somehow these little japanese classics entertain me more than these superhypermegacars while playing GT.

FYI, my LaFerrari has less mileage than my Honda Beat. :lol:
That is the problem, the same for me about La Ferrari, but...because of the lack of competition in N1000 class, only La Ferrari vs Veyron vs. Vulcan, Nothing interesting in that. Gt Sport need more of those kind of cars. N800 - N1000.

Gt sport could never become gt7. Or Any numbered title. To many features are missing for it to have the right to be called gt7. Gt sport will be playable on ps5 with as back compatible in the Wait for the next title.
Im sure it's going to be the start of GT7(every car, track), but Kaz's talk of past, present and future... makes me dream of the good ol' days of thick multiple layered content, fully fledged GT7, that makes GT Sport feel more like our old GT 4 Prologue friend of yesteryear than the fleshy goodness of a numbered GT Game.

If the only cars in the update are the 4 confirmed by the PSN store, that would bring the car count to 303. This means we would need 97 cars left to reach the 400 minimum car goal. :D
But in order to get to 400, if 5 cars were added each month, it would take about 20 months (1.66 Years) to get there. But if PD jumped the car count each future update to 10 cars, the game would have 400 cars in 9 months.
I think it’s Kaz who’s being optimistic here :D

T

This might confirm my theory that PD is giving less cars per update to avoid dev crunch.
I think Poly is in a complicated situation. Players (included me) expect more tracks and cars (where is the LFA!!). That being said, Poly is actively working on the next game and the challenge is obvious: new hardware, probably launch game and all the pressure with it. Why should they waste their time on a outdated hardware for a 20 euros game? For any real track added to GTSport, Poly has to rework the track for next gen. That's why I think we will never see Deep Forest on PS4. (tree tunnels)

Turn 10 or Guerilla Games are free to work at 100% on their new games for next gen, not Poly.

It kinda fits in the time frame of Next Gen console launch..so i can kinda see GT Sport having these 4-6 cars almost every month, besides as member @Nielsen point out they might be keeping the car count to a minimum just to have something to give each month....

To be honest, I think it is already quite given that GT Sport is mainly more of a spin-off of the series than something major like the numbered titles in the previous years.

If anything, the only biggest thing that would make it seem like major is that it's currently the only GT title being offered for PS4, which is why many people play it a lot.

It kinda fits in the time frame of Next Gen console launch..so i can kinda see GT Sport having these 4-6 cars almost every month, besides as member @Nielsen point out they might be keeping the car count to a minimum just to have something to give each month....

Rockstar kind of does this with GTA Online. Rather than release an update with ~20 cars, they release it with just a handful; then, slowly drop 1 or 2 cars at a time over the following weeks to keep people interested. “Drip feed” if you will, even though all 20 cars were finished in the first place.

I think PD is doing effectively this. From a user experience standpoint, it looks better for them to release 4 cars a month over 5 months, than 20 all at once and going radio silent for half-a-year.

I do think though we are overdue for a spec2.0 situation with like, 10-15 new cars. Just a bit of fresh air breathed into the game.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the Honda S800 saying something like "oh PD could have given us a Koenigsegg instead of this ****..." I'll be 100% honest: somehow these little japanese classics entertain me more than these superhypermegacars while playing GT.

FYI, my LaFerrari has less mileage than my Honda Beat. :lol:
I'd rather PD add these vehicles as they won't do the top-end hypercars justice. Many of them have ground effect aero, which GT Sport doesn't simulate; hence why the LaFerrari drives like crap. PD should hold off on these cars UNTIL they get the ground effect aero right. I would hate to see a vehicle like the McLaren Senna being completely butchered in the physics department, similar to the horrible Aston Martin Vulcan. That car should have close to GT3 levels of downforce but it handles like a pig, so that doesn't fill me with much hope.

That is the problem, the same for me about La Ferrari, but...because of the lack of competition in N1000 class, only La Ferrari vs Veyron vs. Vulcan, Nothing interesting in that. Gt Sport need more of those kind of cars. N800 - N1000.
In N1000 you can also use dodge viper srt, nissan r35, r35 nismo, veneno and pretty sure many other cars, if tuned

I'd rather PD add these vehicles as they won't do the top-end hypercars justice. Many of them have ground effect aero, which GT Sport doesn't simulate; hence why the LaFerrari drives like crap. PD should hold off on these cars UNTIL they get the ground effect aero right. I would hate to see a vehicle like the McLaren Senna being completely butchered in the physics department, similar to the horrible Aston Martin Vulcan. That car should have close to GT3 levels of downforce but it handles like a pig, so that doesn't fill me with much hope.

When you usher these kinds of words into my ears... I get all nerdy and all I can think of are the physics equations...

I now wonder how PD simulate gravity, weight, weight transfer, tire traction, fuel weight lose, cars bumping (action and reaction) speed and braking ..

I would love to see the equations and the logic behind the pretty graphics...

This is something maybe we can help them with (or create even more chaos)...

To be honest, I think it is already quite given that GT Sport is mainly more of a spin-off of the series than something major like the numbered titles in the previous years.

If anything, the only biggest thing that would make it seem like major is that it's currently the only GT title being offered for PS4, which is why many people play it a lot.
I agree. The reason why we play it so Much is becouse we Only going to have 1 gran turismo game on ps4, and its not even a major one. It sure is bigger than the prolugues but not very much to be honest. Hopefully some things will change in the next title. As for starters i want visual and tuning parts back most of all. Of course do i want more cars and tracks and a better career mode as well. But a slider is not the kind of upgrading that i want. Its not even fun to me its just a lazy option.

I agree. The reason why we play it so Much is becouse we Only going to have 1 gran turismo game on ps4, and its not even a major one. It sure is bigger than the prolugues but not very much to be honest. Hopefully some things will change in the next title. As for starters i want visual and tuning parts back most of all. Of course do i want more cars and tracks and a better career mode as well. But a slider is not the kind of upgrading that i want. Its not even fun to me its just a lazy option.
With all things said, let's just all hope that the next GT title will not disappoint or not make any controversies as much as GT Sport did. If it didn't scrimp that much, maybe at lot of people would have been satisfied about it until now but then again, it's not considered as a major GT title in the first place.

If GTS were a reboot of GT1 the way Codemasters are doing GRID, there wouldn't be as many complaints. Especially if the separation between Arcade and Sport Mode were kept as is, in GTS.

L
I think Poly is in a complicated situation. Players (included me) expect more tracks and cars (where is the LFA!!). That being said, Poly is actively working on the next game and the challenge is obvious: new hardware, probably launch game and all the pressure with it. Why should they waste their time on a outdated hardware for a 20 euros game? For any real track added to GTSport, Poly has to rework the track for next gen. That's why I think we will never see Deep Forest on PS4. (tree tunnels)

Turn 10 or Guerilla Games are free to work at 100% on their new games for next gen, not Poly.
Look this is all speculation but i think its pretty hard to believe GT7 will be a launch title.
Its a big irony but PD isnt known for being a "fast" studio.They will arrive when they have to,kinda like Rockstar Games.
I could easily see GT sport carrying the franchise for the first 2 years on the PS5 before GT7 comes.

L

Look this is all speculation but i think its pretty hard to believe GT7 will be a launch title.
Its a big irony but PD isnt known for being a "fast" studio.They will arrive when they have to,kinda like Rockstar Games.
I could easily see GT sport carrying the franchise for the first 2 years on the PS5 before GT7 comes.
Well, then it's sad...

0% chance this game hits 500 cars, also no chance GT7 is a launch title. I don't think any GT game has ever been a launch title, that is reserved for Ridge Racer:lol::lol:

Sorry of this has already been mentioned, but the Nations Cup race for the second Saturday of August doesn't have a track
20190728_155711.jpg

That makes it seem likely that a track will be included in this update.

Sorry of this has already been mentioned, but the Nations Cup race for the second Saturday of August doesn't have a track
View attachment 838883
That makes it seem likely that a track will be included in this update.

This has come up. If you check the calendar on the website it's at Willow Springs but a one make using an unannounced car, so not an indication of a new track unfortunately.

I don't think a new track is coming for this update, but 1 wet version of an existing track will be in its place. A new track will come after it, but I'm not sure if it will be mid-August or for September.

Back