NFL General Discussion

The Bears got exposed last night. That was a fluke win and there's no way they'll go undefeated, let alone win the Super Bowl. Rex Grossman turned the ball over 6 times, If you play anybody but the Arizona Cardinals and turn it over 6 times, you're going to lose. This is an above average team in the worst division in football, which made them look dominant.

The Bears got exposed last night. That was a fluke win and there's no way they'll go undefeated, let alone win the Super Bowl. Rex Grossman turned the ball over 6 times, If you play anybody but the Arizona Cardinals and turn it over 6 times, you're going to lose. This is an above average team in the worst division in football, which made them look dominant.
So, who do you think will be in the Super Bowl? It looks like everyone has been exposed. Even the two undefeated teams have had games so close that a single non-talent related issue could have changed the game.

Four teams I think it could be, but have recently seen them show enough weakness to make me question their ability to survive teh playoffs have been Chicago, Cincinatti, Indy, and San Diego.

I think New Orleans might be the unexpected, but I can't see them sustaining this momentum.

The Bears got exposed last night.

I don't agree. The Bears got lazy and cocky last night. They didn't think arizona would pose a threat - they underestimated how much improved arizona is. When you're expecting a week off against a poor team and suddenly you find yourself having to play hard, you're going to have to stage a comeback.

The bears are legit. They've made some pretty good teams look stupid already. I think this is exactly the kind of wake-up call they needed to keep them focused. I think they have an even better chance of going undefeated at this point.

So, who do you think will be in the Super Bowl? It looks like everyone has been exposed. Even the two undefeated teams have had games so close that a single non-talent related issue could have changed the game.

Right now, I'd say the most complete teams in the AFC are Denver, New England, and San Diego and the most complete team in the NFC is Carolina, despite their slow start.

I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to call the Bears a super bowl contender after Rex Grossman turned the ball over 6 times against the Arizona Cardinals of all teams. That being said, they chose a good team to choke against, as Arizona simply can not close out a game. Their defense is unreal, but that offense just isn't going to last in my opinion. New England will hand Chicago their first loss if they don't lose before that.

ESPN is all over San Diego's jock every single year (they think they're absolutely the best this year as well), but they never even make the AFC championship.

^They'll obviously make the playoffs in that division. Although Denver has a little winning streak going...

Week 7
Byes: Bears, Titans, Rams, Saints, Niners, and Ravens
Additional notes: Tiki retiring after this season???

Steelers at Falcons (ATL blew the lead against the Giants. How will Big Ben do against the ATL defense?)

Panthers at Bengals (Winless Bucs beat the Bengals. Panthers are undefeated with Steve Smith this season)

Eagles at Bucs (Bucs seem to have figured some stuff out)

Giants at Cowboys (How many times will drew get sacked??)

I don't believe in Phillip Rivers. Don't worry, when the Chargers finish the season 9-7, this unjustified love-fest will end.

Philip Rivers is for real. FOR REAL. Dude has STUD written all over him. The Chargers were the best team not to make the playoffs last year and they could be the best team in the AFC, or even the NFL.

I believe in the powder blue and you should too. Thirteen wins is a strong possibility. That defense is too good and that offense is too good for them to go 9-7.

Sorry came a litttle late here. Well to revisit some crazy happenings of Week 7:

-Bryant kicks 62 yd FG to win against Eagles. (Huge loss for the Eagles in such a tough division)
-Giants beat QB-confused Cowboys
-Cincy beats Panthers after a bad decision by Delhomme.
-Vick and Falcons defeat the Steelers to break the tie they had the last time around.
-Matt Hasselback out for 3 games, Shaun may be back after a week. Also Vikes get the victory.
-Raiders win their 1st game. Matt got sacked how many times? :lol:
-Texans beat Jags at Houston.

That's all I can think of. But I luckily was able to watch the ATL vs. PIT game on TV. I gotta say it was insane. Vick threw for more than 2 TDs first time in his career and Hines Ward had the hat trick during the game. Game was so good that it went to OT.

What an embarrassing week to be a Steelers fan. :(

After this week, I am no longer entertaining any playoff hopes for this year, which were still alive until the embarrassing showing yesterday. I just don't understand it, they have so much talent on their roster, but blow a game to such an awful team, Oakland's offense didn't even get a touchdown for god's sake.

I don't know what the hell has gotten into Ben, but all I know is that he'd better get all of this losing out of his system this year, because people around here won't put up with two awful seasons like the one he is having now.

Perhaps he wasn't that great to begin with and was only the product of playing with a fantastic defense and the best running game in all of football. Now all that is slowly falling apart and so is Roethlisberger.

Either way I love it. :)

Yeah, the old system QB argument, but the thing is that they didn't lose very many players from last year, they are a solid team, but the whole isn't equalling the sum of its parts right now. Also, if Roethlisberger's system is falling apart, then how did he pull off two almost perfect games in a row against Kansas City and Atlanta? Besides those two games, he has been awful, but he has shown what he is capable of.

I expect the Steelers to finish this season strong, even though they are not making the playoffs this year, they are still a solid team, and they will be back among the top teams in the AFC next season.

Just thought I'd say something:

Peyton Manning is the best QB of our time. Period.

I think Ben Roethlisberger has finally been exposed for what he really is: stupid. He rides a motorcycle without a helmet, and insists that he can play with a scrambled brain. Neither of those decisions turned out well, now did they?

GO RAVENS! 6-2! Billick > Fassil for offensive coordinator. I think we could go far.

Also, there goes the Bears' undefeated season. And to Miami! Crazy.

Screw that. We are raw when we don't make mistakes. We screwed up a few times, but the Bears messed up more.

I think the changes made with the O-line are turning the Dolphins around. Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers played a great game, and our defense was superb.

Why is this place so barren? We're waist deep in the NFL season, isn't there some discussion to be had?

Beats me. Nobody seems to want to talk football. I thought the bears falling apart was fascinating. The depths to which oakland has fallen is also fascinating.

SF managed to take out the same Vikings that Tom Brady got so much praise for defeating.

The Colts defeat NE and they still don't get love from the commentators.

Pitt is now reaching oakland depths.

The Broncos are playing some good ball these days.

KC's got the afterburners on.

What's not to talk about?

SF managed to take out the same Vikings that Tom Brady got so much praise for defeating.

The Colts defeat NE and they still don't get love from the commentators.
I can rant about the media's lovefest for Brady all day. As you said, even after the Colts won I still heard about all of Manning's mistakes and how great Brady performed as if Manning played horrible and just got lucky and Brady had a perfect game or something.

What is with the media's love of the Patriots? I mean, it's almost as if they are the perfect example of football and all competitors suck.

I dunno, I hear the Colts get a ton of praise. In any case, that seems like the Bengals - Ravens game. Ravens won, and all anyone talks about is how "Bengals aren't playing as good as they are, they need to fix some things if they want another division title, Chad Johnson blah blah blah".

Nobody talks about how the Ravens won, bolstering their record to 6-2 leading the AFC north by two games. I think we're totally underrated.

I dunno, I hear the Colts get a ton of praise. In any case, that seems like the Bengals - Ravens game. Ravens won, and all anyone talks about is how "Bengals aren't playing as good as they are, they need to fix some things if they want another division title, Chad Johnson blah blah blah".

Nobody talks about how the Ravens won, bolstering their record to 6-2 leading the AFC north by two games. I think we're totally underrated.
I agree the Ravens seem to not be getting commented on, but it isn't as if they were praising the Bengals. I mean, Brady lost and they still couldn't stop talking about how awesome he was.

That said, Manning does get praised (as he should), but the pre-game and post-game stuff at the NE game just seemed to forget about Manning's talent in order to continue their lip service for Tom Brady. In fact, it is really the way any team against NE gets treated. No matter how good teh opponent is and no matter the outcome of the game Tom Brady is treated like the greatest that ever lived.

I also agree that the ravens are flying under the radar. They're a good team for sure, they absolutely embarrased the Saints recently, so you know they've got great playoff potential.

I don't know what the deal is with New England either. All I keep hearing is that you can put anyone on the feild and Tom Brady will connect and be a super QB. I half expect the Patriots to draft Stephen Hawking at WR next year. If they did, the announcers will talk about how great NE will be.

Brady had an awful game. No TDs, 2 picks, and didn't he fumble? I remember that it was bad because I was playing against him in fantasy football. Now I'm a big brady fan. I like the guy, I think he's a great QB. But that wasn't his best game.

The Colts get a ton of praise too of course. But if you go 8-0 twice in a row, I think you deserve some praise.

Poor New England were outcoached in that last game. The Colts run defense sucks! It's the worst in the league, by far. You have Corey Dillon and Malroney (is that how it's spelled?) and you're not running the ball down their throats? The coaches made Brady throw too many balls and Brady can't outthrow Manning.

The Ravens are flying under the radar because no one wants to talk about how badly McNair is playing. He's liked by so many people no one wants to admit the obvious, he's washed up. Good thing they have that defense and Todd Heap.

I'm going to the Dolphins-Chiefs game today at 1pm est. Look for me in the nosebleed section. I couldn't ask for better weather!

Back