NFL General Discussion

Wow, the Steelers won't be starting in a hole for once this year.

Touchdown on the first drive, then they recovered a New Orleans fumble on the next possession. Playoff hopes are dashed this year, but I'm glad they're still playing hard to finish the season off strong.

The Ravens are flying under the radar because no one wants to talk about how badly McNair is playing. He's liked by so many people no one wants to admit the obvious, he's washed up. Good thing they have that defense and Todd Heap.

Please. If McNair was playing that badly, they'd talk about it.

Maybe as a Baltimore Browns fan, you're not used to seeing a good offense, but McNair has been getting it done by the skin of his teeth. I wouldn't say he's playing bad, but it's clear that he doesn't have much time left, and though he used to be a star, he's merely average now.

PS. I missed the game, but it looks like he had a decent game tonight, unless those two interceptions were costly ones.

Talk about getting it done by the skin of our teeth, we barely beat Tennessee today by one point. I'd say your right, and if we didn't have the defense we have we probably wouldn't be very good at all. I just hope we can get it back together for Atlanta next week.

Miami played well today. Our defense is really picking up, man. I had a fantastic time at the game. The only bad thing about today is that my uncle had to put his dog down while we were away. Poor thing had an internal tumor that exploded.

Seahawks win again!!! You know, I think the real MVP of our team is Josh Brown :D. Seneca Wallace seems to be gaining a lot of confidence as well. If only he'd grow another 4 inches...

What a game between the Bears and Giants. Both of these "premier" NFC teams look absolutely awful. Both Manning and Grossman are over-rated posers.

Seahawks win again!!! You know, I think the real MVP of our team is Josh Brown :D. Seneca Wallace seems to be gaining a lot of confidence as well. If only he'd grow another 4 inches...
Once again the Rams defense can't hold a game together when it counts and give the other team a last minute field goal.

I have hopes for Linehan in the future but right now the Rams aren't looking much better than they did under Martz.

^Nah offensively things are looking great. Not that same "killer" offense as before but Marc is getting better with his throws here and there. Also Stephen Jackson is getting carries, but not 20+ a game though which would be nice.

Defensively we're garbage. We look just like last year. I want that 1st week defense back :(

Yeah, they played very well. All the really good QB's played like CRAP this week, though. Still, I've already voted Rivers to the Pro Bowl (along with Brees and Manning. I wonder what life would've been like with Brees in Miami.). Mr. Philip is amazing. I think he's supposed to make up for Leaf. :lol:

edit: Go Dolphins, btw. Winning record, here we come.

The best part about Phillip Rivers is that Eli Manning sucks.

LOL. Yeah, I know. I always knew Manning would be a loser. He's just riding his brother's coattails. I thought Ben Roe' was the best QB going into the draft, and I was right as he won himself awesome ratings and a superbowl ring. I just hate how ESPN overhypes people SO much. They were practically worshipping "Elijah" (as Tiki calls him :lol: ) .

27 - 0 versus the Steelers. Nine sacks. Is this proof enough that the Ravens are for real? I think so. I can't wait until we play Cincy.

I laughed so hard when that dude from the chargers grounded the ball the way he did.

As far as the Ravens game goes, the OTs on the Steelers were off of their games the whole time. The steelers totally suck, and the Ravens Defense is rock-freakin-solid.

Does anyone know if you can get Thursday night games on regular cable? I thought I heard it was only on the NFL Network or something... I may have to be taking a trip back home to see it, but I'd rather not.

A quick fantasy question for everyone:

I am in my championship round and I am having trouble deciding on my second RB. My first RB is LT (no brainer).

My choices are Thomas Jones from Chicago and Dominic Rhodes from Indy.

Jones should be able to tear up Detroit's D, but he hurt his ribs last week, so Benson will get all the power plays and clean up duty.

Rhodes can tear up Houston's D, but Addai is Indy's big guy. Now, Addai injured his ankle and might not be 100% but should still play against a weak defense.

I have a lot of factors to consider and I am just being indecisive.

Before I flipped a coin I thought I would see if any of you all could analyze it better than me or possibly had more information that I haven't seen.

If Jones is cleared, he's the obvious choice. But Indy is playing for more than Chicago is right? I believe Chicago has home field locked up, so they don't even really have to show up to the game. That might hurt Jones's numbers.

On the otherhand, I don't like Rhodes either. I had him earlier in the season and dumped him. But if Addai is no good, Rhodes might be a decent play.

Is it a flex position? Could you plug in a wideout?

If Jones is cleared, he's the obvious choice. But Indy is playing for more than Chicago is right? I believe Chicago has home field locked up, so they don't even really have to show up to the game. That might hurt Jones's numbers.
I hadn't factored that in but you are correct, Chicago has homefield clinched. Indy is still fighting for it. Jones might not play much, especially with Benson doing well. .

On the otherhand, I don't like Rhodes either. I had him earlier in the season and dumped him. But if Addai is no good, Rhodes might be a decent play.
Rhodes has just been my back up for Jones. With LT on my team anything extra from Jones was just bonus points.

Addai's ankle sprain is a lower ankle sprain and not expected to be a factor, but Rhodes is predicted to get plenty of playing time against a weak defense to help protect Addai's ankle.

Is it a flex position? Could you plug in a wideout?
Nope. My only other option is Tatum Bell, who is too unpredictable to even be an option.

Rhodes and Jones are the safe choices. I'd probably take Rhodes over Jones, but it's a tough call. Tatum might be the best option though. Cincy's defense is not very good against the run. Plus, I'll bet the Broncos try to alleviate some of the pressure from Cutler by going to Tatum often... and the Broncos need to win still right?

Tatum is definitely riskier than the others, but he might turn out to be the best play.

On a side note, should I start Bernard Berrian or Isaac Bruce?

Rhodes and Jones are the safe choices. I'd probably take Rhodes over Jones, but it's a tough call. Tatum might be the best option though. Cincy's defense is not very good against the run. Plus, I'll bet the Broncos try to alleviate some of the pressure from Cutler by going to Tatum often... and the Broncos need to win still right?

Tatum is definitely riskier than the others, but he might turn out to be the best play.
Tatum's problem is that he has gotten butter fingers lately and the coaches are taking note.

I think I will go Rhodes because he still does average while Jones might not see more than a quarter if the Lions are playing like themselves.

On a side note, should I start Bernard Berrian or Isaac Bruce?
Do you have a third choice? Berrian hasn't done much lately, but Bruce hasn't done too much all season. I hope this is a third receiver and not one of your first two picks.

I'd flip a coin, but if I had to pick I would go Bruce because, just like my case, Chicago doesn't need to win and can take the week off.

A quick fantasy question for everyone:

I am in my championship round and I am having trouble deciding on my second RB. My first RB is LT (no brainer).

My choices are Thomas Jones from Chicago and Dominic Rhodes from Indy.

Jones should be able to tear up Detroit's D, but he hurt his ribs last week, so Benson will get all the power plays and clean up duty.

Rhodes can tear up Houston's D, but Addai is Indy's big guy. Now, Addai injured his ankle and might not be 100% but should still play against a weak defense.

I have a lot of factors to consider and I am just being indecisive.

Before I flipped a coin I thought I would see if any of you all could analyze it better than me or possibly had more information that I haven't seen.

Tough choice, I'd probably go with Rhodes since he's healthier than Thomas Jones. I'm having the same dilemma choosing my receivers.

My lineup is looking like this going into the championship.

QB: Brett Favre (I had McNabb, but...:( )
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB/WR: Ladainian Tomlinson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Javon Walker
TE: Desmond Clark
D/ST: Chargers
K: John Carney

Bench:
Willis McGahee RB
Chester Taylor RB
Fred Taylor RB
Jaguars D/ST
Marcus Colsten WR
Tony Romo QB
Braylon Edwards WR
Hines Ward WR

Jones-Drew has been on fire lately, so I'm giving him the nod over some of the other quality backs on my team (I should have traded a few Running Backs for a better QB once McNabb went down, but it's too late now) As you said, LT is a no-brainer. I forgot that Favre played last night, so he's locked in as well. My toughest decision is in my WRs. I'd like to p lay Colsten, but he hasn't done much since he's gotten hurt, despite his stellar beginning to the season. Larry Fitzgerald seems like a good choice against the weak San Fransisco secodary, as I predict that game will turn into a shootout. As for my second WR slot, I'm not sure, it's between Javon Walker (vs. Cincinatti), Hines Ward (vs. Baltimore, so I'll probably sit him), and Marcus Colsten (vs. NYG) Who would you guys play?

My other fantasy team isn't quite as good, but they've made it to the championship as well, mostly thanks to Jones-Drew and Landell Betts who had been pulling a lot of weight lately after my star RB Clinton Portis went down.

QB: Drew Brees NO
RB: Ladell Betts Was
RB/WR: Maurice Drew Jac
WR: Chad Johnson Cin
WR: Anquan Boldin Ari
TE:Chris Cooley Was
D/ST: Vikings
K: Matt Stover Bal

Bench:
Tom Brady QB
Steelers D/ST
Heath Miller TE
Keyshawn Johnson WR
Mushin Muhammud WR
Santana Moss WR
Dallas Clark TE
Wali Lundy RB

I'm hoping for two championships, but I'll be happy if I go 1 for 2.

Do you have a third choice? Berrian hasn't done much lately, but Bruce hasn't done too much all season. I hope this is a third receiver and not one of your first two picks.

It's number 3... but my other options are weaker than those two. I'm leaning Berrian. I know Bruce is more likely to get me points, but I need lots of points if I'm going to win, and Berrian is more likely to have a stellar game given that Bruce hasn't had one all season. Basically, I'll be hoping that Rex gets some practice throwing from the coaches in preparation for the playoffs.

My lineup is looking like this going into the championship.

QB: Brett Favre (I had McNabb, but...:( )
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB/WR: Ladainian Tomlinson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Javon Walker
TE: Desmond Clark
D/ST: Chargers
K: John Carney

Bench:
Willis McGahee RB
Chester Taylor RB
Fred Taylor RB
Jaguars D/ST
Marcus Colsten WR
Tony Romo QB
Braylon Edwards WR
Hines Ward WR

Jones-Drew has been on fire lately, so I'm giving him the nod over some of the other quality backs on my team (I should have traded a few Running Backs for a better QB once McNabb went down, but it's too late now) As you said, LT is a no-brainer. I forgot that Favre played last night, so he's locked in as well. My toughest decision is in my WRs. I'd like to p lay Colsten, but he hasn't done much since he's gotten hurt, despite his stellar beginning to the season. Larry Fitzgerald seems like a good choice against the weak San Fransisco secodary, as I predict that game will turn into a shootout. As for my second WR slot, I'm not sure, it's between Javon Walker (vs. Cincinatti), Hines Ward (vs. Baltimore, so I'll probably sit him), and Marcus Colsten (vs. NYG) Who would you guys play?

My other fantasy team isn't quite as good, but they've made it to the championship as well, mostly thanks to Jones-Drew and Landell Betts who had been pulling a lot of weight lately after my star RB Clinton Portis went down.

QB: Drew Brees NO
RB: Ladell Betts Was
RB/WR: Maurice Drew Jac
WR: Chad Johnson Cin
WR: Anquan Boldin Ari
TE:Chris Cooley Was
D/ST: Vikings
K: Matt Stover Bal

I'm hoping for two championships, but I'll be happy if I go 1 for 2.

I think I'd start Colston over Walker. It's not an easy call, but Colston should be healthy now and I think NO's last game was a bit fluky.

It's number 3... but my other options are weaker than those two. I'm leaning Berrian. I know Bruce is more likely to get me points, but I need lots of points if I'm going to win, and Berrian is more likely to have a stellar game given that Bruce hasn't had one all season. Basically, I'll be hoping that Rex gets some practice throwing from the coaches in preparation for the playoffs.

I think I'd start Colston over Walker. It's not an easy call, but Colston should be healthy now and I think NO's last game was a bit fluky.

Plus Colston has a much better QB throwing to him, I don't trust Jay Cutler yet. Walker is a pain because sometimes he will come up with a huge game, and others he will be completely flat, I look for consistancy over big games (which is why Santana Moss has been riding the bench all season)

Back