NFL General Discussion

Looks like I was wrong on all three counts:

Jones > Rhodes
Walker > Colston (close one though)
Issac Bruce >> Berrian

On that last one, who knew Bruce could play like that these days? That's his best game in 2 seasons maybe? It's ok though, because Berrian was good enough and I had Vince Young carrying me to victory.

Well, I got beat out by four points as LT got me the least points he's gotten all season.

Oh well, it wasn't a money league so nothing lost but pride.

I am so disappointed in Dallas. I guess i could look on the bright side and say "at least they made the playoffs." But seriously, come on...

I think Terrell Owens is going to be cut after the season is over. Sorry, but that guy is horrible.

I think he should. I was against him coming here from the beginning; especially after i heard they cut Keyshawn to make room on the cap for TO. Keyshawn was just as good if not better, and he didnt cause all the riff raff. It was all just a publicity stunt by Jerry Jones. It's the same thing Mark Cuban did when he hired Dennis Rodman.

I am so disappointed in Dallas. I guess i could look on the bright side and say "at least they made the playoffs." But seriously, come on...

Yeah, Me aswell. They were going so strong until they played Philly. Hopefully they'll turn it around for the playoffs, but I don't know...

I think Terrell Owens is going to be cut after the season is over. Sorry, but that guy is horrible.

Yeah I think so too. Even though he had a nice 10+ TD season (I dont know the exact number), he has been a "distraction" in my opinion and just a bad influence on the team with his selfishness.

My predictions for the 2007 playoffs:

Round1:
Indy beats KC
Jets beat NE
Dallas beats Seattle
Philly beats NY

Round2:
SD beats Jets
Indy beats Ravens
Chicago beats Dallas
NO beats Philly

Round 3:
SD beats Indy
NO beats Chicago

Superbowl
SD beats New Orleans

What I'd like to see happen?
Indy beats Philly in the superbowl.

wow. after that dallas game...wow. I actually feel bad for Romo. You know most people are gonna give him hell over it. I'm still on his bandwagon and know he'll pick up again next season. I'm sure no one feels worse about that than he does.

Unfortunately, it will be Romo's mistake that everyone will talk about, but what of Terry Glenn's mistake? That was damaging also.

Mine:

Round1:
Indy beats KC (could go either way if LJ runs all over them, though)
NE beats Jets
Seattle beats Dallas
Philly beats NY

Round2:
SD beats NE
Indy beats Ravens
Seattle beats Chicago
NO beats Philly

Round 3:
SD beats Indy (or the Ravens if KC makes it)
NO beats Seattle

Superbowl
New Orleans beats SD. (just for the hell of it) CLOSE GAME.

What I'd like to see happen?
SD and NO share the championship. Those two teams are the most class we've seen in a while. I hope they play eachother in the superbowl so I can be happy for whoever wins. The only downside to New Orleans winning is that the press is going to EAT IT ALIVE! They're just going to eat up the story and sensationalize it to oblivion. My god, I really don't feel like having the saints shoved down my throat on every network. That idiot Ray Nagun is gonna be like, "OMG CHOCOLATE CITY IS BACK IN ACTION!"

Edit: Holy crap, I didn't realize that the cowboys already played.

I'm 3/4 on round 1.

Seattle advances in place of the cowboys, so I have to ammend my round 2 predictions.

Indy > Ravens (still)
Saints > Eagles (still)
Bears > Seahawks
SD > Pats (still)

Then Indy loses (unfortunately) to SD
Bears lose to Saints

...and we still have a SD/Saints superbowl (in which SD wins easily)

(go manning and garcia!)

I'm 3/4 on round 1.

Seattle advances in place of the cowboys, so I have to ammend my round 2 predictions.

Indy > Ravens (still)
Saints > Eagles (still)
Bears > Seahawks
SD > Pats (still)

Then Indy loses (unfortunately) to SD
Bears lose to Saints

...and we still have a SD/Saints superbowl (in which SD wins easily)

(go manning and garcia!)

Wow. You do not like us. Oh wait. We suck. That is part of it. Of course, a lot of teams in the playoffs have had pretty bad second halves of their seasons. I'm looking for a good game vs. Chicago. Either we're blow out or we win in a close game.

I think the Ravens will stop Indy. Am I a delusional homer, sure, but even realistically I think it can happen.

The Pats/SD game is gonna be tough, and I'm still not decided on it. I'm leaning towards SD, though.

Indy and New Orleans advance. My predictions have all been correct so far.

What an awesome game NO played. I'm enjoying their games SO much.

I'm devastated. It completely killed my night. Oh well, there's always next season.

I'm going with Saints and Chargers for the superbowl.

Andy Reid is horrible at decision making. Go for it on 4th and 10, but not on 4th and 15?

LOL at you Andy Reid. It reminds me of the Super Bowl a couple years ago when his clock management was apallingly bad.

Yeah, I remember watching that game and saying, "Does he think there are five quarters or something? I know it's the Super Bowl, but they do use the same game format as the rest of the season."

Andy Reid needs a new timepiece.

I'm 3/4 on round 1.

Indy > Ravens (still)
Saints > Eagles (still)
Bears > Seahawks
SD > Pats (still)

Ok, you got the first one, but you phailed on the second one, by a feild goal. The Bears and Seahawks are yet to be decided, but I hope it's the Bears. :D

The Pats most definitely will not lose. No way. They're gonna advance and then beat Indy then beat [farley]Da Bears.[/farley]

Damn. Looks like I was wrong about Seattle. Those make far too many mistakes. Well played by Chicago.

I'm still pulling for the Saints, but the NFC Championship is going to be a hell of a game.

Wow. New England seems to find ways to win. Brady was throwin like crap all game but he came on fire when he needed too. Thats good, all my picks won this weekend. New Orleans and Colts in the Super Bowl. That all depends on which Colts defense shows up. And really it's a tough choice anyways. I'm sayin Colts but it could easily be New England. I'm pushin slightly towards Colts though because I wanna see Peyton and Dungy win a Super Bowl.

New England's offense was just garbage.

Luckily for them, they just beat the best team in the NFL so it's all downhill from there. The Colts are the most overrated team in football, outside of the Seahawks.

I'm 3/4 on the second round. I picked San Diego to go on (and win the superbowl), so I'll have to adjust my next round predictions to take into account that the patriots are still alive.

Colts > Patriots
Saits > Bears

Finally, Colts > Saints

What a great round of playoffs that was! The Eagles narrowly lost to the Saints (dashing my hopes of a manning/garcia superbowl). The Seahawks narrowly lost to the bears in OT (being one of the very few teams to come back to the playoffs and actually win a game following a loss in the superbowl). The Ravens narrowly lost to the colts in a defense happy interception fest on both sides of the ball. I know how Ravens fans feel this year, last year my Colts had a bye and home field advantage and lost in the first round to the crappy (soon to be superbowl champs) steelers (barely). The ravens had a great season only to blow it the first chance they got in the superbowl, sucks to be ravens fan right now (just like it sucked to be a colts fan last year). San Deigo narrowly lost the patriots in a game that was closely contested and in which the patriots were quite simply out played in just about every aspect. Brady looked horrible accounting for 4 turnovers, but somehow that patriots team finds a way to win in the playoffs. I don't know how it happened, even after watching the game. I felt sure that San Diego would win all the way up until the last moment. I know how chargers fans feel right now, blowing a fairy tale season on their first shot in the playoffs. The chargers and ravens were outstanding teams this year, I'm still stunned that they both crumbled to the usual susepcts in the playoffs.

And now we're left thinking about the fact that either manning or brady will be in the superbowl, it's a guarantee, and it's not something I would have expected this year. I've picked the colts to win it for a number of reasons, but I'm actually a little scared of the weird bubble that surrounds the patriots in the post season. If the patriots go, they don't deserve it. The've looked pretty bad this season, getting shut out by the dolphins, losing to quite a few poor teams, having few stars on offense, and getting mauled for a good portion of the season on defense. They're not the powerhouse you'd expect to go to the superbowl from the AFC, that's why I picked the colts. But it's hard to imagine the patriots losing when they're this close.

Colts > Patriots
Saits > Bears

Finally, Colts > Saints
I hope you are wrong and it is Colts/Bears.

However your choice will be much more tolerable than Saints ("America's Team") vs Patriots ("Team of the Decade"). The NFL marketing department will mess their pants if they get that one.

This round has helped convince me that my theory about kickers is holding true. I have brought it up in another thread that they never get the credit they deserve, but get trashed when they fail. It's like the CIA.

Anyway, Indy won by scoring nothing but field goals, the Saints won by the difference of a field goal, Chicago won by a 49 yd OT field goal, and the Chargers lost because of a last second missed field goal.

Come next season the Colts will be all about Manning again and Vinatieri will be a small blip until it gets close again. Yet, if you miss six field goals in a row to lose in the playoffs they show the videos repeatedly in the pre game show of your first game next season. Itis a thankless job that will only get you a few minutes of glory in a post game interview while the highlight reels will show your QB who couldn't get it in the end zone.

I say we all give the kickers from this weekend some love.

They're going for two :(

Pats are gonna be AFC champs... if they can knock out the 14-2 Saints they should have a field day with the 12-4 Colts.

Gawd, the Saints are getting OWNED. Dome teams + snow = bad, bad, bad. Poor Saints.

Back