NFS Shift Racing League season II (Arvore's Playground)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 326 comments
I don't recall sending you off the track either. Like I said it's lag. I'm a clean racer and there isn't any need for me to bump. I was in last place in Spa, I started last place, I didn't send anyone off the track purposefully.

I don't want to ruin someones fond memories of giving room but my video as filmed directly behind Fresh as he gets into Add's rear as depicted by Addd is reality.

I would help if You could share your videos with us as I do.
It helps a lot to see the interesting moments back, than we can compare our view to each other.. I had a few strange situations, but I upload the videos first, then I'll comment them and your movements guys.. We had terrible lag problems this weekend, I'm sure noone was unfair directly but As Lefty, I had problems with this too..

Videos will be posted today!
Please tell me if you see anything on them what was happened on an other way in your view.

Brands Hatch GP
Part1
As You can see Lefty, nobody hitted you in the end of lap 3, it was a lag, or your car had steering problem after you came back to the track from the gras. I bet the same kind of problem happened in lap 2 where I thought you putted me hardly out of the track in turn 3..
Part2
Part3

Ambush Canyon:
Part1
In lap 1 turn 1: I was in the close inner line on the track when I felt someone pushed my rear bumper. As Shark told me he saw this situation in an other way, he saw that I was steering right and he was bumped out.. as you can see on the video he was spinning around but i don't feel it was a mistake, maybe an other lag..:( Sorry Shark once more!
Jay, we had some great close moments in the first 2 laps, I wish we could do it more times! Good racing!
Part2

Tokio Circuit:
Part1
The video starts just when we had a huge crash.. I had no time to break and flought into the others.. of coure in life my race should be over.. so if you guys think disqualify me!
After this situation I had no problem, I needed 2 laps to get in the pole with fastest lap, I loved that combo!!
Part2

SPA:
Part1
In the first lap i had some problem with my new setup, and i went out of the track. I tried to give enough space for the others who came after me. but in the next corner i saw Jay get out from the track. than he came back fast and hit my back and I just saw in the mirror that he was spinning around. I don't know if it was my fault but as you left the track i didn't believe you can get as close to me there as you did.
Part2
And than I get dc.... I'm happy you don't understand what did i say LOL

BTW, I enjoyed the races, we had good combos (thank you jay:))

And now please comment the situations my friends! (still waiting for one more person who can record the races, because of the problems we need it to make clear some of the moments..)

Last edited:
Mo you never made the end of lap 4 (the half way point) No Wonder you was cursing lol.

Mo you never made the end of lap 4 (the half way point) No Wonder you was cursing lol.

Have I ever told you I finished lap 4?:) that *****g game, i needed only 50 meters to halfway... my head was red of anger LOL

Gentlemen, all I can say is.......GREAT RACING!!! I'll tell ya, a game completely changes when you have some good racers to go up against! While my lap times may leave a little bit to be desired, some on-track battles I had over the weekend more than made up for my lack of pure speed! (at least, compared to you ringers!!)

First and foremost, Lefty, I greatly apologize for the 'red haze' that consumed me going into that descending right on the Tokyo track....First lap I believe....I had been running in second behind you and felt that I had a run into the braking zone. Only problem.....that turn is NOT the turn to try any fancy footwork!!! I definately DID mess up, and I DID become a parked car on track....and for that I am sorry. Consider it a lesson learned by me!

As for the old 'using the back bumper as a brake pedal' thing going into first turn, I can honestly say that I don't remember doing that to any of you, as I always try to make it a point to avoid that. If I did do that, be it because of lag or the loose nut behind the wheel, I do apologize. I really did try to drive my first league races with a bit of my aggression held back, and I will continue to do so if it's causing problems.

Race-wise, it was awesome! Addictions (Jay, I believe), that was some fun racing at Brands Hatch!! I could be 3rd or 43rd place, if I have that close of a battle with a fellow driver, I'd take that over victory any day! Apologies for the few bumps we had with each other, but I really think we raced fair and clean, with a good result! I'll tell ya, I had my eyes GLUED on that mirror the whooole race, quite the challenge! That's why I joined this league, for challenges like that!

Lefty, I did see that you had a problem in that race. While I didn't see the actual incident that caused it, I'll tell ya there were some goofy glitches going on in that race. Shark....all of a sudden....was placed behind me for about thirty seconds.....then jumped back up to being leader!! Maybe just bad lag?? One way or the other, you all-of-a-sudden chasing me down gave me even more of a reason to watch that mirror!

All in all, I had a great time with you all. I'll be the first to admit, I'm still learning how to dice with you guys safely, and I'm sure I'll be getting better with that as time goes on! Thanks again for the friendly welcome into your community, and I look forward to continuing the fun for weeks to come!!

Edit: **Catches breath after breaking record for most long-winded post of the day!!!**

I had no chance to race with you this weekend, maybe next time mate!
And don't worry about the mistakes, we all do them (me too /except Jay, he is the most fair driver I've ever raced I think/, I always learn and try to make my style better and better, and try to avoid every kind of contact) as you can see on the videos, and if there is a lag it is not your fault!
Hope you join us next time too!

Heh, that lack of a chance to race with me would be caused by the fact that I'm 2-3 seconds a lap slower than you guys!!! I've found that I just need to practice a bit more before the races next time, just to get a feel of the car. Hey, the way I figure, you guys need a few mid-pack racers in the field, just so you have someone to worry about if you spin out of the leader group! No matter where I ended up, I had great races. I'm watching the videos now.....granted my only appearance is parked on the outside of a turn in Tokyo.....but hey, we all need to start somewhere!!

As You can see Lefty, nobody hit you at the end of lap 3, it was a lag, or your car had steering problem after you came back to the track from the gras. I bet the same kind of problem happened in lap 2 where I thought you putted me hardly out of the track in turn 3

I am so pissed at the SHIFT game, Mo your right and video shows something different. I will post the insidents of intrest and our game SHIFT has the potental to make uncomfortable friendships for no good reason. I saw the part whare I got into you and my apologies, you never came up on the radar and I also felt nothing. Like I have mentiond in the past it takes me so long to output a video it is like a job. Just for the highlight real it will take me about 5 - 6 hrs, just the UL time alone is about 2-3 hrs :grumpy:

My apologies to everyone, if this Fn game has given me the wrong imformation about how my car is portraid to anyone who I raced against this last weekend. Guys this game is like playing with a snake I am getting the impression that it is impossible to race tight against each other. I will do a side by side comparison using Mo's video intigrated into my video like a real incar video that the broadcasters use to show on tv, I AM PISSED and I feel like SHIFT has made a fool out of me. GERRRRRRRRRR

I am so pissed at the SHIFT game, Mo your right and video shows something different. I will post the insidents of intrest and our game SHIFT has the potental to make uncomfortable friendships for no good reason. I saw the part whare I got into you and my apologies, you never came up on the radar and I also felt nothing. Like I have mentiond in the past it takes me so long to output a video it is like a job. Just for the highlight real it will take me about 5 - 6 hrs, just the UL time alone is about 2-3 hrs :grumpy:

My apologies to everyone, if this Fn game has given me the wrong imformation about how my car is portraid to anyone who I raced against this last weekend. Guys this game is like playing with a snake I am getting the impression that it is impossible to race tight against each other. I will do a side by side comparison using Mo's video intigrated into my video like a real incar video that the broadcasters use to show on tv, I AM PISSED and I feel like SHIFT has made a fool out of me. GERRRRRRRRRR

There is no anger in me my friend! The biggest thing I've learned here is to think with cold head and to not be angry of any situation, and to be patient and loyal. I knew you never do a maneuver what happened between us, but you're right, this game can make the driver mad.. LOL

Be patient Lefty, there is only 4 month and 8 days until we can race with the ultimate game!!:) Hang on, don't let this s**** make you angry!

BTW, what do you have for us Mr President for this week??:)

PS: I'm lucky that I've got a very-very fast UL speed in my job and lucky that my boss can't see what am I doing in my worktime:)

Man Mo we were haveing the greatest race and the game Fd us both. It was tooth and nail and for a few laps it almost felt real until the DEVIL lag screwd me. You are such a smooth driver and I can only race like that in GT5p, I just can't get these cars to track like yours, but my slides at speed do look so fn cool....he he he

Just for a little GT5 personal imfo " I PREORDED THE " CE " VERSION " Weeeeeee

Agree with you Lefty, I just can not drive my car like Mo does in his replays!!! It's crazy....because now I KNOW where I need to be quicker....just don't know how yet. With practice, hopefully!

Watching the first video of the first race, you can see how i was in 3rd place, then all of a sudden i get sent off track, I'm in the rear view mirror. No one was even next to me! In the mirror you can see that I was running just fine, then boom!- I go off to the right? No one even touched me but I swore i was bumped! What can explain that?

Watching the first video of the first race, you can see how i was in 3rd place, then all of a sudden i get sent off track, I'm in the rear view mirror. No one was even next to me! In the mirror you can see that I was running just fine, then boom!- I go off to the right? No one even touched me but I swore i was bumped! What can explain that?

I think the reason that you don't know how you spun out is because you were behind me, as depicted in my mirror as well as the tote board, and you must have, as I am now understanding how deceptive the game is, drove into me spinning us both out.

You guys are talking about the first race.....as in the first one posted here on the forum, AKA the Brands Hatch race??

Just trying to get on the same page with you all!

Another Edit: 52 seconds into the first video of the Brands Hatch race.....Seth goes flying!! Doesn't look like anyone is nearby going by the rear-view mirror......

Last edited:
I think the reason that you don't know how you spun out is because you were behind me, as depicted in my mirror as well as the tote board, and you must have, as I am now understanding how deceptive the game is, drove into me spinning us both out.

I'm talking about the slow left hander coming up the hill, right before the straight away on the first race. No one was even near me yet when i was running 3rd i get punted into the sand box to the right. I didn't run into you.

You guys are talking about the first race.....as in the first one posted here on the forum, AKA the Brands Hatch race??

Just trying to get on the same page with you all!

Another Edit: 52 seconds into the first video of the Brands Hatch race.....Seth goes flying!! Doesn't look like anyone is nearby going by the rear-view mirror......

Yeah that's what I was saying. I didn't touch anyone, but yet when i was playing I all of a sudden get sent into the sand box to the right. It seemed like in the game someone hit me around that turn, but no one was even there. I wasn't driving too fast around the turn because I was right behind mohamu (video confirmed @ :52), then all of a sudden i get 'hit' and go into the sand? Shift's servers must have been off or something. How can i get 'hit' and not get hit at the same time?

Last edited:

Yes I remember! I saw your flying from first row:tup: Was funny(sorry), but not for you of course.

It was crazy huh? That's shift for you. And I was doing 1:30's in practice with the civic around that track. Oh well, maybe next time shift wont piss on me and send me into the wall without anyone near me.

Just for a little GT5 personal imfo " I PREORDED THE " CE " VERSION " Weeeeeee

Please tell me where and how can I order it!!! I tried to look after it but I didn't find any info about the Collectors Edition! I WANT it!:)

PS: I just read that "track editor" will be contained in GT5!! WOW! that means you'll never be able to be bored with that game! Man, it is still 4 month...:( I hope our League will continuous in that game too and finally we will have the chance to race against each other and not against EA servers!

Agree with you Lefty, I just can not drive my car like Mo does in his replays!!! It's crazy....because now I KNOW where I need to be quicker....just don't know how yet. With practice, hopefully!
It all depends of your setup and of practice! I can tell you when I joined the League I was about 2-3 sec slower on every track. Maybe some practice with Arvore can help you:scared::D;) He can motivate so much when you see he is miles away from you after only 2 turns.. LOL :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well, the fact that you were just as slow as myself when joining the league gives me a lot of confidence down the road! I won't stop working on it, I'll tell ya that! On that note, when will the tracks/cars be decided upon for this coming weekend? I have some time tonight to practice, I'd love to start on the league cars!! Otherwise, if anyone is around (23:30 GMT) I'd love to just race around in anything tonight!!

I definately feel everyones' pain with the way Shift seems to screw us over time and again in our races. I, for one, will always keep in the forefront of my mind the fact that our races are still decided a bit by our luck......consider it mechanical failure!!

As for the track editor, I just cannot wait!! With the mention of karts as well, I wonder if it will just allow us to make kart tracks?? I'd have no problem with that, though- karting is amazing fun!! Anyone ever try 'em??? Talk about neck-bending!! I sure do hope this league migrates over to GT5 too, can you guys imagine the fun we're going to have?!?

Speaking of....anyone in here looking forward to Codemasters' F1 game? I'm a huge fan of Formula 1, can't wait to throw that Force India car into Istanbuls' Turn 8!!!

Speaking of....anyone in here looking forward to Codemasters' F1 game? I'm a huge fan of Formula 1, can't wait to throw that Force India car into Istanbuls' Turn 8!!!
Shark is your man in this case!

I think Jay will post this weeks combos as soon as he can, usually he posts it on the beginning of the week.

I'm sad but I don't have time during weekdays to play, but maybe on friday we can have some race. If I remember well, this Friday there will be Endurance runs too, look on the thread if you're interested and make a setup for the Porsche 911 GT2 14 rated car!

Ok fellows here is my first VID from the Brands Hatch race, it is the coolist Vid I have put out eventhough the Fn game boned me....lol.... Just for your info, this took me about 6hrs to cobble together....ouch

NFS SHIFT LAG PROBLEM

It was crazy huh? That's shift for you. And I was doing 1:30's in practice with the civic around that track. Oh well, maybe next time shift wont piss on me and send me into the wall without anyone near me.

Well maybe this will solve the mystry about how you ended up on the side of the track at Ambush

Ambush at Ambush

Last edited:
Woah, holy phantom cars, Batman!! Looks like the game got a bit freaked out when both of you got so close to each other on the straight, happened at the same time as some lag I bet. I remember driving by you splitting time between wondering what had happened and watching Jay heckle me in my rearview!!

Awesome video though, shame it takes so long. Now I'm looking at all the other league videos you have, good times!

Here you go Mitz links to some old videos.

Sorry guys been busy this weeks races should be posted tomorrow.
Mohamu :)And don't worry about the mistakes, we all do them (me too /except Jay, he is the most fair driver I've ever raced I think
I've made plenty of mistakes this season due to lack of practice.

Last edited:
Jay, I'd love some old league vids to watch- keeps my mind fresh with the tracks!

I can say from my (short) experience, you are quite the clean/fair racer, mistakes or not. That one ten minute battle with you at the 'Hatch will have me hooked on these league races for ages!! Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure everyone in the league is a fair racer- just havn't had the chance to dice with you yet!

No rush on this weeks' races either. How do you pick them anyway.....randomly?

Lefty, I got a bit nervous watching the second video you put up.......I knew I was in the group of cars going up the hill--crossed my fingers I didn't step on anyones' Kool-aid!! My bad on the small bump though...

Ok fellows here is my first VID from the Brands Hatch race, it is the coolist Vid I have put out eventhough the Fn game boned me....lol.... Just for your info, this took me about 6hrs to cobble together....ouch

NFS SHIFT LAG PROBLEM

Well maybe this will solve the mystry about how you ended up on the side of the track at Ambush

Ambush at Ambush

What's the video supposed to prove? That there's a mysterious bug in shift that makes people's cars go haywire? I ended up in the same wall as you did in that race. So it's not like I sent you into it, i wasn't pushing you at all. Like i said I don't need to push or race unclean, which is a reason I signed up for this league. Shift has a funny way of doing things. As those videos pointed out, it seems to make enemies of us when were not racing that way according to our own viewpoints.

Last edited:
The Vid shows how you and me ended up off the track and I posted it to try to end the Mystery that you were mesmerized by, so that you weren't scratching your head as to the unknown aspects of how you ended up in the wall off the track. As you stated "send me into the wall without anyone near me" well that would be me in front of you. There wasn't any blame from me other then indicating that your car got into mine. By what ever happend I got taken out 5 times Sat., 2 were accidents and 3 were most likely Lag.

I see. I wasn't actually talking about Ambush canyon though. I was talking about Brands Hatch. But I remember Ambush Canyon as well. In fact I remember doing the same thing you did, crashing right into that wall in the same exact space and time. I think it's just so funny yet stupid to think that a game could do this. How are you supposed to race clean if you're in one spot and then a split second later you're into the back of someone in a wall? Weird for sure.

Back