NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
The Red Wings beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout. Yeah, the same team that is absolute garbage in OT or SO situations (Detroit) finally managed to win a shootout again.

I saw most of that game, @AnthonyD1993. Congratulations to your Red Wings on downing the Blackhawks in their house. It was a pretty tough game. Seemed like when one team scored, it didn't take too long for the other to respond. Almost like the game was bound to go to a Shootout (let alone Overtime). On the Chicago side, I'm pretty sure Jonathan Toews lamented not cashing in that would-be wraparound goal that probably would have put Chicago up for good. But in the end, Detroit picked up the win in a Shootout.

During the broadcast, NBCSN shown off some of the greats to play in this long-running rivalry. Most of the names that played for either team are hockey royalty- even including the great Gordie Howe. It was pretty cool seeing this game.

Practice Day is going on with the Stadium Series game between the Los Angeles Kings and the San Jose Sharks. Interesting seeing some hockey this weekend outdoors in Northern California at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA.

Enjoy your NHL hockey this weekend.

The Red Wings played the Dallas Stars today in Dallas. Both teams decided to let the defenses take a vacation because the final score was Detroit-7, Dallas-6. I stopped watching because Dallas would score when I watched, and Detroit always scored when I flipped channels. I must be a curse or something to the Wings.

All congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings for winning 2-1 in the LA vs. SJ Stadium Series game at Levi's Stadium. Even more so that goalie Jonathan Quick picked up his 200th win in this game. I read the announced crowd in attendance was 70,205. It was still very cool for this game to take place at that fairly new stadium.

The Red Wings played the Dallas Stars today in Dallas. Both teams decided to let the defenses take a vacation because the final score was Detroit-7, Dallas-6. I stopped watching because Dallas would score when I watched, and Detroit always scored when I flipped channels. I must be a curse or something to the Wings.
That goal to send it to overtime was a goal that shouldn't have counted. There was some goaltender interference there, but since that it is not reviewable...

Razor, the Dallas color commentator, brought up a startling fact. Toronto (the league offices, not the Maple Leafs) this season is trying to collect data on questionable goals this season in an effort to expand instant replay. They are collecting all forms of data, including whether the goal was scored under some form of goaltender interference, clean goals that were missed, and so on.

Starting to believe the Wings could do something in post season now. Our team could not look in better shape; Fit, young, driven and all this in a season we were ridiculed and told we wouldn't make the playoffs. The Wings don't disappear that easily, regardless of how journalists seem desperate for it to happen.

Hi everyone! The Wild are back in a Wild Card spot:) All it took was the month of January and most of Feb., Devan Dubnyk and not giving up. It's good to be back in a somewhat decent position:sly: 6-2 victory over Dallas on Hockey Day in America, and we just keep rolling:lol:

I don't know what the heck happened in the third period of DAL at MIN. The Wild... well, got Wild. All those goals in that period were insane. Dallas didn't exactly tap out, but they did score one goal to make it 6-2. Still, damage done. With authority. Ouch.

Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks is on long-term IR. More information courtesy of Yahoo! Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blackhawks-put-kane-long-term-injured-190507151--nhl.html

NBCSN's "Wednesday Night Rivalry" game this week is the Pittsburgh Penguins at Washington Capitals. Two other games are on the card for tonight, and they are the Calgary Flames at the New Jersey Devils and the Ottawa Senators at the Anaheim Ducks. Enjoy this final night of Hump Day Hockey for February 2015.

Bouncing back from an embarrassing loss to the Edmonton Oilers, the Wild out-played the Nashville Preds and won 4-2 at Nashville, in a likely preview for the first round of play-offs. :)

Sorry for the Double post, no action in this thread since Thursday.

The Wild manage to beat the Colorado Avalanche again, 3-1. It took 200 minutes of total play time this season for the Av's to "score" on a play that probably shouldn't have been a goal. 2 fights, a large number of cheap shots that weren't called and a fight in the stands, make this just another typical game between the Wild and the Avs... Pretty annoying what the refs missed, especially at the end of the game. We move within 1 point of Winnipeg with a game in hand:)

So that's the most important hockey news to me. In other news Ottawa knocks off San Jose

So I'm proud of the Panthers for being the first team to encounter a rule written in 1965. Stupid refs didn't even know what to do when Montoya went down. That's why the NHL is a terrible league.

So I'm proud of the Panthers for being the first team to encounter a rule written in 1965. Stupid refs didn't even know what to do when Montoya went down.
It is kinda the Pantheriest thing I can think of to happen. There's been lots of times where a team has only dressed one "real" goalie and the backup was a college kid or a goalie coach due to travelling or minor league playoffs, but I've never seen it actually happen where a team had both goalies injured in a game.

That's why the NHL is a terrible league.
Don't even get me started. There are plenty more reasons :lol:

Do your best "Doc" Emerick impression because you'll likely hear his voice and his witty play-by-play commentary tonight as part of Wednesday Night Rivalry. Hump Day Hockey this week features two Original Six teams who'll clash in MoTown. It's the New York Rangers at AnthonyD1993's Detroit Red Wings. That's the big one on NBC Sports Network tonight. Other games:

* OTT Senators at WPG Jets
* PIT Penguins at COL Avalanche
* MON Canadiens at ANA Ducks

Enjoy this Wednesday night of hockey, folks.

I share great news. Tyler Seguin could return with the team as soon as next week. He was at morning skate skating with the team this morning, according to DallasStars.com

Give hockey a chance. If you do, you'll get some great games... like today. TWO Original Six games are on tap today on the NBC Sports Networks among today's six game schedule. On deck right now on NBC is @AnthonyD1993's Detroit Red Wings at @Tzun's Boston Bruins. Then later tonight on NBC Sports Network, it's the New York Rangers at the Chicago Blackhawks.

Enjoy some NHL hockey, folks!

Jackman's center ice goal last night on thar lazy goalie... :lol:

Tonight's big NBC Sports Network Wednesday Night Rivalry game is the New York Rangers at the Washington Capitals. Other games tonight:

* Buffalo Sabres at Toronto Maple Leafs
* Anaheim Ducks at Calgary Flames

So tonight's NBCSN game is the only game played United States game tonight. The other two are in Canada. Enjoy you some hockey tonight.

That one's actually on the Military channel, premiere of the new season of Greatest Tank Battles.
Wouldn't the Sabres coverage be on the Military Channel since they love tanking and the Maple Leafs coverage be found on the History Channel because all they do is talk about the past?

Go enjoy some hockey today. Right now as of this post, NBC is showing the Detroit Red Wings at the Pittsburgh Penguins, which will faceoff shortly.

Back