NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
You "half-expected" a loss, and the Red Wings were more like, "relax. We got this." And did they ever! Detroit won 5-1 at Pittsburgh earlier today. I think both teams came in with 19 losses on the season, so the loser would pick up loss number 20. Congrats to your Red Wings, @AnthonyD1993 . đź‘Ť

Just want to say quickly... enjoy tonight's games, even including the Original Six match with Chicago at the New York Rangers on NBC Sports Network.

Meet at center ice. Drop the puck. Win the faceoff. Shoot that improbable goal. Celebrate with your boys on the ice. Then go to the sideline and fist bump your boys on the sideline. Speaking of fists, maybe you'll get into that occasional fight. Whatever the case, enjoy the great sport of hockey.

Today, the NHL Game of the Week on NBC is St. Louis at Detroit. Other games slated for today:

* BOS Bruins at TB Lightning
* ANA Ducks at NYR Rangers
* VAN Canucks at ARI Coyotes

Last night, I read that in Minnesota's 6-1 victory hosting St. Louis, six different players scored in their big victory over St. Louis. Either MIN was great in spreading the wealth or that STL just got punked by six players. Congrats to the Wild on winning and winning this way.

Enjoy today's games and tonight's games.

The Los Angeles Kings have a brutal road trip ahead that starts tonight. How brutal? Check this out:

* 3/23 - at NJ Devils
* 3/24 - at NYR Rangers
* 3/26 - at NYI Islanders
* 3/28 - at MIN Wild
* 3/30 - at CHI Blackhawks

Folks- that's almost basically Murderer's Row! Almost like a five-game road trip through Hell. It would be a heck of an accomplishment if the Kings got through this one with a winning record. Not impossible, but very tough.

And on the road against a free-falling Toronto, the Wild pulled out an unconvincing 2-1 victory. Hopefully we can get stuff figured out and back together before tomorrow's game against the Islanders...

And on the road against a free-falling Toronto, the Wild pulled out an unconvincing 2-1 victory. Hopefully we can get stuff figured out and back together before tomorrow's game against the Islanders...

I'm not worried about the Wild, it's impossible to play at the level they have been without a few rough games. Thankfully they were playing a team that wasn't that strong so it minimized the damage.

Toronto choking at the end of the season is an annual NHL tradition.

I'm not worried about the Wild, it's impossible to play at the level they have been without a few rough games. Thankfully they were playing a team that wasn't that strong so it minimized the damage.
I suppose so. It was just a bit worrying with the mistakes they were making. I guess I worry too much about them:scared:

So far, so good for Los Angeles on this 5-game road trip. They won 3-1 last night at the Devils. LA's got some NY Rangers problems tonight at Madison Square Garden as the only back-to-back on this road trip. This LA at NYR game is one of eight games tonight. Here are the other games on tonight:

* MIN Wild at NYI Islanders
* STL Blues at PIT Penguins
* ANA Ducks at COL Blue Jackets
* ARI Coyotes at DET Red Wings
* FLA Panthers at TB Lightning
* MON Canadiens at NAS Predators
* WPG Jets at VAN Canucks

Tuesday night NHL hockey. Enjoy your hockey, friends.

NBC Sports Network's "Wednesday Night Rivalry" this week features the Chicago Blackhawks at the Philadelpha Flyers. Tonight's other two games are in Canada:

* DAL Stars at CGY Flames
* COL Avalanche at EDM Oilers

Hump Day Hockey. The final one of March 2015. Enjoy.

[UPDATE] CHI at PHI, not CHI at PIT. Edits made.

Last edited:
After "Doc" reads a promo on NBC Sports Network for Premier Boxing Champions, a fight broke out between two players. It was a great segway! :) What wasn't so great is the beating if you're a Blackhawks fan, as the Flyers won 4-1 tonight over Chicago in Philly.

The only other Final as of this post was Montreal winning at home 4-3 over the Colorado Avalanche. Congratulations to the eventual winner of Dallas at Calgary (DAL leads 1-0 currently with 12:42 left in the 2nd Period).

Quiet night tonight around the NHL with just 3 games being played. All 3 of these games though can be considered important in the playoff hunt. On tap for y'all tonight are:

Dallas Stars at Edmonton Oilers
Columbus Blue Jackets at Chicago Blackhawks
Calgary Flames at Minnesota Wild

Only the New York Rangers have clinched a playoff spot at present. So look for NYR to be among the teams with a chance to play for Lord Stanley's Cup this season.

Busy day today!
Already completed are the following games:

Nashville @ Washington: NSH(4)- WSH(3)
NY Rangers @ Boston: NYR(2)-BOS(4)
Anaheim @ NY Islanders: ANA(3)-NYI(2)
San Jose @ Philadelphia: SJS(3)-PHI(2) S/O
Arizona @ Pittsburgh: ARI(2)-PIT(3)
Tampa Bay @ Detroit: TBL(0)-DET(4)
New Jersey @ Carolina: NJD(1)-CAR(3)
Ottawa @ Toronto: OTT(3)-(TOR) OT
Florida @ Montreal: FLA(2)-MTL(3) OT
Columbus @ St. Louis: CBJ(4)-STL(2)
Los Angeles @ Minnesota: LAK(1)-MIN(4)
Buffalo @ Colorado: BUF(3)-COL(5)
Dallas @ Vancouver: DAL(4)-VAN(3) OT

I'll be updating the scores as the games are happening.

The race for playoffs is heating up! 3 teams are locked in already: the Rangers, Preds, and Ducks

Last edited:
I know AnthonyD1993 will be happy to know his Red Wings slapped around Tampa Bay 4-0 in MoTown. Congratulations to Nashville and Anaheim on making this season's playoffs. So that's now three teams looking to win Lord Stanley's Cup this postseason.

Big win by the Wild tonight, as they dethrone the Kings 4-1. We jump ahead of the Blackhawks in the Central Division standings. The 1st line had a big night as Nino Niederreiter and Mikko Koivu each had 2 goals and Chris Stewart had 2 assists and a fight

As he tends to do :) That was a crazy good game! I honestly was nervous about that game from start to finish. Hopefully the Kings can rally and get the W over the Hawks on Monday

Another big day of games is on tap. Who's "in" for the playoffs so far? As of this post, here are your NHL Playoff teams for this upcoming postseason:

EASTERN CONFERENCE:
* Montreal
* New York Rangers

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
* Nashville
* Anaheim

Nobody has clinched a Division yet. Current top two in the Wild Card ranks are Washington and Boston in the East, and Chicago and Winnipeg in the West. Still a lot of hockey to be played.

Good luck to all of your teams, especially those still in the playoff race.

Welcome to April! This is the final month of the regular season, and it isn't as pleasant of a month if your team(s) is/are currently on the outside looking into the playoffs. This is the last chance to make the postseason if your team(s) still has a chance of getting in. If not, you're basically playing for pride and draft picks.

This week in Wednesday Night Rivalry, it's all about the Keystone State. We got the Philadelphia Flyers at the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight on NBCSN. Which Pennsylvania team will win tonight in the Steel City? We shall see.

There are also three other games on tonight. Here are other games slated for tonight:
* TOR Maple Leafs at BUF Sabres
* EDM Oilers at ANA Ducks
* COL Avalanche at SJ Sharks

I don't fool around, and I surely don't do April Fool's Day. So go enjoy some Hump Day Hockey on this April Fool's Day.

During the Red Wing's 2-1 loss at home last night, Red Wings LW Drew Miller was injured after his face was cut by a skate. It was a scary moment for sure, but it easily could have been worse than it is. He has been practicing and has stated that he wants to play in the next Wings game despite nearly losing his eye in the incident.

Latest Posts

Back