||Nicknamealguem's GT4 Photomode Gallery||

The Celica is brilliant! Incredible cleaning, great angle and composition...it's just perfect! The S2K is great too, I heard you saw green for a long time after editing it...:lol:

your entries for the Tournament...they bring memories alright. Great battles you entered Luis. Its hard to pick a favourite, because in all of them the quality is very high. 👍
BTW, stay tuned...Tournament news coming...

:cheers:

those are poster worthy man! i like the work that went into all of them. but for me it's the Z3 and the Woodone Supra that do it for me. they just look so real and the lighting is very good, though it's the same with all of them.

Very nice collection you posted here. The first two shots are priceless. Very nice editing here. The cars are smooth and sharp. Just how I like it. :) Session 7 looks even better! My favourite is the Swift here, because of that amazing editing job you did. The car looks great (I like that blue tone here) and the blur is just perfect. Liking the reflections here very much. The other three shots are phenomenal, too. The Mustang is vey clean and smooth. Session 8 with those three PmC shots is very good. You've shot the cars at some great angles and the editing is, as always, on every shot perfect. The 2.0 shots from session 8 are good, too, especially that amazing looking S2000. The car's color was well chosen and the brightness/ contrast adjustments you did are perfect. The lighting is great. I wish you would've added more brightness/ contrast to that Evo shot. It looks phenomenal nonetheless. The PmC shots from session 9 are priceless. The C9 looks great, thanks to professional editing skills. And finally, there are those 4 shots from session 9 with 2.0 editing rules. My favourite is this white RX-7. Pure sexiness right there, my friend. The cleaning job was perfectly done and the reflections look great. The car is very shapr and smooth, while the location was well chosen. Perfect job on this one! That Viper shot screams 'Dynamic'. The car is very clean and I like the tone of this shot, but what makes me :boggled: is the linear blur on the road. It looks unfinished. Same goes for the Clio, but the problem here is that angle, at which you can't make nice blur. But at this point, I've to say that you did a great job on this shot nonetheless. Last but not least the BMW M3 Race Car. And there's just noe word which can describe this shot and it's 'Perfect'. The car is very clean, sharp and smooth, while the background is well blurred. All in all, I can say that every single shot from the latest update is something special for itself and that you did a great job on editing every single pixel of all of them. :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words. The blur on the Clio and the Viper from last season were not meant to be that way. I had another idea like making a curve blur joining the linear zoom blur, but, for lack of skill to do it and close deadline, I left to that. I could and should have smoothed a bit the blur end, but the frustration of not managing to do what I wanted to do, took the best bit out of me. Thanks anyway 👍

I remember these very well, we had a great battle in both categories. I loved those entries! 👍
And you end up winning both :grumpy:

But, they were great battles, thanks :D 👍

The Celica is brilliant! Incredible cleaning, great angle and composition...it's just perfect! The S2K is great too, I heard you saw green for a long time after editing it...:lol:

Yep, green was everywhere that time. Glad, the trauma is already over. Thanks :P:tup:

NTX
your entries for the Tournament...they bring memories alright. Great battles you entered Luis. Its hard to pick a favourite, because in all of them the quality is very high. 👍 BTW, stay tuned...Tournament news coming... :cheers:
Best part of doing this update was going back into those week of competitions, and see all the wonderful entries that were submitted, see who lost, who won, who was my opponent, for how many votes I won, for how many votes I lost. See how we've progressed through the years, the thing that could have been done better...a truly remarkable experience 👍

I just started looking through your thread, and I'm very impressed. You have excellent instincts and the execution is top-notch.
Thanks, that is really nice for you to say, because, it is something I always work for, something that seems natural. 👍

those are poster worthy man! i like the work that went into all of them. but for me it's the Z3 and the Woodone Supra that do it for me. they just look so real and the lighting is very good, though it's the same with all of them.
Thanks. A pity the pp of the pictures is not very high (72pp vs. 300 pp, minimum for a good print). Though, that will be resorted in my next update :D. Glad you liked it 👍

Gallery News :P

I am currently (and very slowly) working on one (or two :D) big updates that will combine all my past with my present (if we can call it present, since it has been a long time since I revealed an edit of mine). I think (and hope) the update will be finished by the end of this month/beginning of the next month.

So, stay tuned. 👍

Thanks for the kind words. The blur on the Clio and the Viper from last season were not meant to be that way. I had another idea like making a curve blur joining the linear zoom blur, but, for lack of skill to do it and close deadline, I left to that. I could and should have smoothed a bit the blur end, but the frustration of not managing to do what I wanted to do, took the best bit out of me. Thanks anyway 👍

And you end up winning both :grumpy:

But, they were great battles, thanks :D 👍

Yep, green was everywhere that time. Glad, the trauma is already over. Thanks :P:tup:

Best part of doing this update was going back into those week of competitions, and see all the wonderful entries that were submitted, see who lost, who won, who was my opponent, for how many votes I won, for how many votes I lost. See how we've progressed through the years, the thing that could have been done better...a truly remarkable experience 👍

Thanks, that is really nice for you to say, because, it is something I always work for, something that seems natural. 👍

Thanks. A pity the pp of the pictures is not very high (72pp vs. 300 pp, minimum for a good print). Though, that will be resorted in my next update :D. Glad you liked it 👍

Gallery News :P

I am currently (and very slowly) working on one (or two :D) big updates that will combine all my past with my present (if we can call it present, since it has been a long time since I revealed an edit of mine). I think (and hope) the update will be finished by the end of this month/beginning of the next month.

So, stay tuned. 👍

you can still get a decent 8 x 10 from a full frame gt4 shot. as long as you don't crop it too much. i have one of my yellow type r that i did with alexwrc a few years ago! it's laminated and everything.

So, how's the update coming Luis? :D

Well, After many months without any Photoshop activity, I'll have to re-shot some of the pictures I was planning, because, I am not liking the ones I have to work with (except one or two). But, it will come, eventually.

you can still get a decent 8 x 10 from a full frame gt4 shot. as long as you don't crop it too much. i have one of my yellow type r that i did with alexwrc a few years ago! it's laminated and everything.

Problem is, I often crop allot and resize pictures.
What I was trying to do was to risen the dpi (from 72 to 300) of the unedited picture, edit the picture and then only resizing it. It should work in theory. Problem is, it is hard to work with all those pixels, and it gets very time consuming. Even for more, has the picture gets wider, Photoshop commands (blur filters and so on) get slower.

Ebn1.jpg

Last edited:
This is amazing!! Starting with the presentation...5 stars buddy!! The words that you say there...very detailed, very "personal"
Your work will always be much welcome around here, and hope to see you on GT5...imagine the possibilities there Luis :)
So...a revolution is coming?! :) :) I will be here to see...after all, you are on the best around here!!

P.S - The last photo...OMG!!! :D

What an amazing update! I have missed your works. Allow me to carefully analyze each shot.

First of all, the Viper. I like the contrast between the dark and mysterious background and the light and noticeable car, but I'm not too sure on the cleaning on the side of the car. It seems to have lost a lot of detail and looks flat. Anyway, the Cobra. I love the cleaning; the delicacy and detail of every reflection really add a great sense of realism. The tone of the shot is nice and the lighting is great. The only problem with it is that the shadow at the bottom of the front of the car is not even in places. I love the composition of the rally Evo pic. The shot would be a great base for a PmC IMO. Now the Z. I prefer the darker mood of your shot. The reflections are a bit...glowy compared to Swiss's edit, but I can't decide who got the tones right. I think you did a better job as far as car cleaning and realisticism :D go, but I wouldn't have cropped so much off the left of the shot. Next, I love the simplicity and composition of the Teggy. I am also of fan of that car/location combo. I love the tones and black-and-white-ness :D that is the battle shot, but the shot seems a little over-sharpened. There are quite a lot of jagged edges on the cars (particularly the Z's wing) and the noise on the tarmac is a bit strong. Still a fantastic shot though. I love the scenery shot, the highish saturation and softness work well. The road...ground? texture is a little crappy though. Maybe some sort of blur filter and noise would help a bit. I love the TT shot, as you said though, blur gets old after a while. The car cleaning is great, although the panel gaps are not completely straight in places. The shot is a little too green, I'm not sure if you meant to do that, but I would've taken some out using color balance. I absolutely adore the Supra shot, although I could be picky and say that the blur is a bit off in the top left corner (would be a pain in the ass to fix though) and that there are a few jaggies on the car, mainly on the bottom of the taillights and the top of the roof above the hatch. As on the Cobra, the intricacy in cleaning is amazing. Has to be one of the best shots I've seen from you. I like the S2K too, the reflections on the rear bumper and the way the car fills the frame are nice touches to the photo, as is the little sparkle on the trunk line. Finally. The last shot. I love the mystery of it, the tone and the simplicity. (It's a C4 ZR1 'Vette, correct?) I would've fixed the little green blotch on the hood though.

All in all, this is an amazing update. The shots, presentation, and descriptions are top-notch. I wish that you would update and enter more. I can't wait to see your works for the final tournament (if you enter of course). I bow down to you, my god! :D

Last edited:
Whoo, I got mentioned :embarrassed:

:P

What captures me most is the design, it's beautiful. Those stripes running down the panel are simple, yet very effective. Great font as well 👍

As for the images; You're definitely getting better at cleaning. But be subtle and careful with the panel gaps, you might want to make them more flowing and less darker. I usually create a path which is going to represent the panel gap. Then I completely remove the in-game panel gap by smudging it away and make an even surface before creating the panel gap by stroking the path with a brush (right-click and something..) Then I create the same path at the side of it, turn the brush a pixel smaller, set color to white and opacity down and you'll have a nice panel gap. Give it a try! 👍

Bram,

they're all looking great!! 👍 the scenery shot is nicely framed, but in general
there's nothing worse than a scenic/landscape shot that's blurry. in theory, they're
supposed to showcase the beauty of the place, so having parts out of focus is a
no no :D but it worked out with your picture, i would rather prefer everything to be
sharp though. but then again, it's gt4 so, we can just forget about that. everythingelse
even presentation looks great. must've taken a lot of time for this one.

Luis, first off I have to say that the presentation is fantastic, as well as your banter :lol:...Great personal touch there. The shots themselves are simply awesome! I really like them all, and your remix of my Z is just jawdropping. Great reflections. I really like the gaussin blur to the shots too, the over sharpening of the cars just makes them pop that much more. This was truly an inspirational update. It really makes me want to edit something. :D
So thanks for the inspiration, and its great to see an update from you.

The presentation is great, the photos are even better. Every shot shows a great (and cleaned) car at a nice location. The combinations are perfect and the quality of each shot is amazing. The whole update is more than a success, it's masterpiece. Now I just want to fire up my PS2, take some shots and edit them. Thank you Luis, thank you very much for this. :)

that presentation just left me speechless.......those photos are just masterpieces.......it's amazing how you combine the car and the scenery in order to make the perfec picture............my favourite picture is definately the one involving the AMUSE S2000........great work:tup:👍👍

NTX
This is amazing!! Starting with the presentation...5 stars buddy!! The words that you say there...very detailed, very "personal"
Your work will always be much welcome around here, and hope to see you on GT5...imagine the possibilities there Luis :)
So...a revolution is coming?! :) :) I will be here to see...after all, you are on the best around here!!

P.S - The last photo...OMG!!! :D

Thanks for such kind words Nuno. Yes, a revolution is coming, and very soon :D:tup:

What an amazing update! I have missed your works. Allow me to carefully analyze each shot.

wow, Thanks for the in-dept analysis 👍, it was a bit hard to decipher everything (too compact), but I have to respond to each analysis individually. :)

First of all, the Viper. I like the contrast between the dark and mysterious background and the light and noticeable car, but I'm not too sure on the cleaning on the side of the car. It seems to have lost a lot of detail and looks flat.
I know what you mean, and I agree with you. It was a detail that got overlooked.

Anyway, the Cobra. I love the cleaning; the delicacy and detail of every reflection really add a great sense of realism. The tone of the shot is nice and the lighting is great. The only problem with it is that the shadow at the bottom of the front of the car is not even in places.
That shadow came that way from the original photo. The light source and the shape of the car, made the shadow that way. I admit I didn't noticed before, since, as well, I tend to not change the shadows in stationary photos.

I love the composition of the rally Evo pic. The shot would be a great base for a PmC IMO.
Yes, that one didn't gave much of a work to edit.

Now the Z. I prefer the darker mood of your shot. The reflections are a bit...glowy compared to Swiss's edit, but I can't decide who got the tones right. I think you did a better job as far as car cleaning and realisticism :D go, but I wouldn't have cropped so much off the left of the shot.
Swiss got the tones right, I changed the Hue of the car to a more light blue/grey colour.

Next, I love the simplicity and composition of the Teggy. I am also of fan of that car/location combo.
:lol: Teggy? Cool

I love the tones and black-and-white-ness :D, but the shot seems a little over-sharpened. There are quite a lot of jagged edges on the cars (particularly the Z's wing) and the noise on the tarmac is a bit strong. Still a fantastic shot though.
Yes I know. Sometimes I came across this problem. Even if I pass the smudge tool, the jaggies tend to stay there.

I love the scenery shot, the highish saturation and softness work well. The road...ground? texture is a little crappy though. Maybe some sort of blur filter and noise would help a bit.
It already has both applied. But I think I raised the colours to much, making it to blot up.

I love the TT shot, as you said though, blur gets old after a while. The car cleaning is great, although the panel gaps are not completely straight in places. The shot is a little too green, I'm not sure if you meant to do that, but I would've taken some out using color balance.
The green was was to contrast a bit with the orange of the car.

I absolutely adore the Supra shot, although I could be picky and say that the blur is a bit off in the top left corner (would be a pain in the ass to fix though) and that there are a few jaggies on the car, mainly on the bottom of the taillights and the top of the roof above the hatch. As on the Cobra, the intricacy in cleaning is amazing. Has to be one of the best shots I've seen from you.
You are being picky :grumpy:. The problem with the top left corner it's an elevation change, so it would be difficult to the blur to fall a direct line car-track, even though O cropped most of the suppose inaccuracy (even if I don't consider much of an inaccuracy).

I like the S2K too, the reflections on the rear bumper and the way the car fills the frame are nice touches to the photo, as is the little sparkle on the trunk line.
Finally. The last shot. I love the mystery of it, the tone and the simplicity. (It's a C4 ZR1 'Vette, correct?) I would've fixed the little green blotch on the hood though.
HEHE, nop, It's another Supra, the one I used in week 106 of the 2.0 (dodn't know the exact name of it).
The little green blotch on the hood was intentional. I didn't want everything to be so black, I wanted something that could contrast and be subtle at the same time.

Whoo, I got mentioned :embarrassed:

:P

What captures me most is the design, it's beautiful. Those stripes running down the panel are simple, yet very effective. Great font as well 👍

As for the images; You're definitely getting better at cleaning. But be subtle and careful with the panel gaps, you might want to make them more flowing and less darker. I usually create a path which is going to represent the panel gap. Then I completely remove the in-game panel gap by smudging it away and make an even surface before creating the panel gap by stroking the path with a brush (right-click and something..) Then I create the same path at the side of it, turn the brush a pixel smaller, set color to white and opacity down and you'll have a nice panel gap. Give it a try! 👍

Bram,

By panel gap, you mean the body lines and door lines and so on? Anyway, thanks for the tips, I'll try to try out. Normally what I do is (in a separate layer) use the line tool over the existing lines and after I cleaned the car, I duplicate the layer and in the side of the gap, I (creating a path) dodge those parts. Then, I erase about 50% (opacity) those lines and a bit of blur. This time I only erased 2x 25%.
I get straighter lines with the line tool.👍

they're all looking great!! 👍 the scenery shot is nicely framed, but in general
there's nothing worse than a scenic/landscape shot that's blurry. in theory, they're
supposed to showcase the beauty of the place, so having parts out of focus is a
no no :D but it worked out with your picture, i would rather prefer everything to be
sharp though. but then again, it's gt4 so, we can just forget about that. everythingelse
even presentation looks great. must've taken a lot of time for this one.
Well yes, I though of that, after I done the first version of the scenery (yes, that is the 2nd, the first was even more blurred), I thought, well, if I am photographing a scenery, I'll have to put high f's, thus not having any blur. So, my photograph is technically, in terms of photography, wrong, BUT, I wanted to hide those horrible flying leaves and make the picture more soft so I decided to blur it away.

Luis, first off I have to say that the presentation is fantastic, as well as your banter :lol:...Great personal touch there. The shots themselves are simply awesome! I really like them all, and your remix of my Z is just jawdropping. Great reflections. I really like the gaussin blur to the shots too, the over sharpening of the cars just makes them pop that much more. This was truly an inspirational update. It really makes me want to edit something. :D
So thanks for the inspiration, and its great to see an update from you.
Hey, he's back :D. Thanks Swiss, glad you liked it. 👍

The presentation is great, the photos are even better. Every shot shows a great (and cleaned) car at a nice location. The combinations are perfect and the quality of each shot is amazing. The whole update is more than a success, it's masterpiece. Now I just want to fire up my PS2, take some shots and edit them. Thank you Luis, thank you very much for this. :)

WOW, I made that? I made you want to fire PS2 and take shots and edit them? wow, that makes me wanna do even more updates :D.

that presentation just left me speechless.......those photos are just masterpieces.......it's amazing how you combine the car and the scenery in order to make the perfec picture............my favourite picture is definately the one involving the AMUSE S2000........great work:tup:👍👍

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked the Amuse. 👍

Last edited:
I get straighter lines with the line tool.👍

That's the thing, you don't want straighter lines ;)

You want one single line to follow the curve of the door starting from the side mirror down to where it goes accross the side door. Doing it with one line secures precision, a nice flowing line accross the body and more importantly, no edges you get from creating panel gaps with sticking straiht lines to eachother 👍

totally agree with you. it's not like gt4 modelled that place nicely. i still like what you did to it.
Thanks again 👍

SVX
AMAZING Work Luis!

Thanks 👍

That's the thing, you don't want straighter lines ;)

You want one single line to follow the curve of the door starting from the side mirror down to where it goes accross the side door. Doing it with one line secures precision, a nice flowing line accross the body and more importantly, no edges you get from creating panel gaps with sticking straiht lines to eachother 👍

I don't? Well, yes, I don't want straight lines, but does that method grants me the same width for one part? One thing I notice when creating paths with the line tool, is that I can't manage to have a uniform and regular line, or, I am creating those paths wrong. :confused:

I don't? Well, yes, I don't want straight lines, but does that method grants me the same width for one part? One thing I notice when creating paths with the line tool, is that I can't manage to have a uniform and regular line, or, I am creating those paths wrong. :confused:

The path tool uses the brush tool to stroke itself (ehhh, don't misinterpret this now :P), so basically you can have your panel gaps the way you want using the brush tool to set your preffered settings. The path tool is a tricky tool, but once you've used it a few times, you'll love. When you activate the path tool, make sure you set it up right at the top action bar, as one of the actions whose name I've forgotten wil automatically close your path after two clicks and fill it with a colour. Basically you set your first point where the panel starts and the second point where the panel ends. Now you'll have a straight line, but let go of the mouse button when you place the second path point. You click to place it, and you keep the mouse button clicked down and dragging at the same time to arch it out.

It's basically a matter of playing around with it, you'll get the hang of it afterwards. It may be difficult, but it's an uber-huge step-up from the line-tool 👍

I have to correct one thing I said:

I don't? Well, yes, I don't want straight lines, but does that method grants me the same width for one part? One thing I notice when creating paths with the line tool Pen Tool, is that I can't manage to have a uniform and regular line, or, I am creating those paths wrong. :confused:

Ohhh, you are referring to the pen tool (I was looking everywhere for a path tool, even though everything you said reminded me of the pen tool).

Yes, I am familiar with the pen tool, I use it to select the car (instead of the obsolete lasso tool :yuck:).

But I didn't knew I could finish paths in the middle, I always thought I had to comeback to the start and never noticed that there was a button to stroke the path with the brush tool.

Of course I am going to use that instead of the now obsolete line tool :D

Thanks Bram 👍, oh and:

The path tool uses the brush tool to stroke itself (ehhh, don't misinterpret this now :P)

It's fairly difficult not to misinterpret that :lol:

Another awesome update Luis 👍 I love the 350Z shot, the car is amazingly clean and I love the soft feel, but the road texture is a little crappy. There are very few people (alex, franz, TW, and Mog come to mind) that can get realistic-looking tarmac, though. The GT-R shot has great blur and car cleaning. The Renault is a great PmC (?) shot, with great composition. The phototravel scenery shot has great tones and composition. It has amazing realism as well. Keep up the great work, and prepare for a tough battle with me :mischievous:

real nice update you have here......The Renault 5 Turbo pic is the one that i like most though. I used gaussian blur on my last gallery update and i think it turned out ok....check it out and tell me your opinion....:)

Everytime I come here...my eyes glow when they see you shots Luis!!! Really!! No more words to describe how your work is essencial to GT4 Photomode around here!!

:cheers:

Back