• Thread starter andrea
  • 50 comments

andrea

(Banned)
Japan
Japan
virtualnao
5a737f38329a905f4c083xbknf.jpg

Excellent game... that I need to play more of. Currently sidetracked by Turok 2. :P

I got it on PC. A respectable port from Platinum, but as expected it's not perfect. There is a resolution bug that exists, the only way to fix it is run the game in borderless windowed mode. In addition the game is surprisingly demanding past 1080p. I run at 1440p with my GTX 1070

Another bit I've found is the loading screens are a bit deceptive. Because the game already finished loading by the time it completes the animation. A downer for SSD users.

edit: So there's an unofficial fix by a kind Steam user...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/52422...87798205/?tscn=1489953868#c135511913390730088

Last edited:
Deeply hooked on this game. The first play through was incredible, and while the second run feels a skosh repetitive, there is so much plot twist and revealing that it's insanely addictive to me. :eek: There's another run after this one apparently (gonna get intense I bet :drool: ), and I cannot comprehend how it could get any crazier. :drool:

Zero gripes with this game. Graphics, combat, play styles and story are all amazing. This game just keeps on making me question what the hell is going on and sometimes being a bit gross as well... :scared:
Robots...devouring androids?! What the hell?! :ill: Those poor androids at the resistance camp being eaten. :odd: Why?!

Is the third run with scary lady 2A? :drool:

The premise sounds interesting, but it looks somewhat mindless hack and slash to me. What's the gameplay like?

The premise sounds interesting, but it looks somewhat mindless hack and slash to me. What's the gameplay like?
Goes from forging, to combat, to searching, to dealing with NPC's. It's actually varied, there is a lot of fighting yes, but there is a lot of banter between the characters and searching around and deep story to go with it. I can't say more without spoiling things, but let's just say you have to change your mindset about combat between run through's, and things carry over. The way the plot evolves and the way your views about what's going on make the story addicting. It's like, well, a massive mind ****. It is very much an RPG/Action Adventure/Combat game.

Edit: Also, the game blows your mind by an unspoken freedom of choice. I'll leave it at that. :scared:

Last edited:
As it turns out, there is a demo on PSN. I'm really not a fan of the 2D and top down sections, but other than that, I enjoyed the combat, the audio design and the way the character moves. Just feels really fluid. I played the demo with Japanese language, as the English dub didn't appear that good based on trailers. The voice actors sound decent, but the writing doesn't appear to lend itself well to English speech.

I made the leap and bought the game.

As it turns out, there is a demo on PSN. I'm really not a fan of the 2D and top down sections, but other than that, I enjoyed the combat, the audio design and the way the character moves. Just feels really fluid. I played the demo with Japanese language, as the English dub didn't appear that good based on trailers. The voice actors sound decent, but the writing doesn't appear to lend itself well to English speech.

I made the leap and bought the game.
Nice decision, won't regret it. :D Prepare for feels, and a mind blowing story. I'm into the 3rd part, and it's now preparing for a mind bending finish by appearances. :eek:

Nice decision, won't regret it. :D Prepare for feels, and a mind blowing story. I'm into the 3rd part, and it's now preparing for a mind bending finish by appearances. :eek:

Are you playing it in Japanese or English? Which do you prefer?

Goes from forging, to combat, to searching, to dealing with NPC's. It's actually varied, there is a lot of fighting yes, but there is a lot of banter between the characters and searching around and deep story to go with it. I can't say more without spoiling things, but let's just say you have to change your mindset about combat between run through's, and things carry over. The way the plot evolves and the way your views about what's going on make the story addicting. It's like, well, a massive mind ****. It is very much an RPG/Action Adventure/Combat game.

Edit: Also, the game blows your mind by an unspoken freedom of choice. I'll leave it at that. :scared:

This game is going to be an instant classic. I agree, it's a massive mind 🤬, so much that I get MGS2 vibes from this game. Premise sounds basic, but as you progress through the story, it gets deeper and crazier. Yoko Taro is an absolute genius.

So I just beat the game (well achieved one of the many endings that's non-gag), and I'm pretty much speechless. This is probably the most unique game I've played in a while, and it was a craaazy ride.

If anyone is on-the-fence about this game, just get it. It's not just a spectacle fighter - there's like several game genres strung in, it's pretty ridiculous.

I find it a bit of a shame that the Steam version does not come with the OST, least offering it as DLC. The soundtrack is fantastic

So I just beat the game (well achieved one of the many endings that's non-gag), and I'm pretty much speechless. This is probably the most unique game I've played in a while, and it was a craaazy ride.

If anyone is on-the-fence about this game, just get it. It's not just a spectacle fighter - there's like several game genres strung in, it's pretty ridiculous.
Like completed runs A-C? I'm taking a short break
because emotional pain of seeing 2B get killed...she even called 9S "Nines"... :(
in the midst of C and I fully agree. :eek:

After having completed much of the game (beyond 100% enemy list and fish encyclopedia :P) I got all main endings and I can tell you that the story line is a big trip of all emotions. Can't wait for you all to get to the same point as well. :cheers:

Just played through most of Bayonetta (another Platinum game) and really enjoyed it and am heavily considering picking up NIER Automata because of it. I did play the PS4 demo when it came out and really liked it so just might get it next month.

This game.... I like it....

I will post a full review once I am properly done with it.

Pearl Harbor Descent needs to be made into a movie.

Just played through most of Bayonetta (another Platinum game) and really enjoyed it and am heavily considering picking up NIER Automata because of it. I did play the PS4 demo when it came out and really liked it so just might get it next month.

Speaking of bayonetta there are rumors of Bayonetta coming to Steam. Sega recently added an 8-bit Bayonetta game on steam, and there's an achievement that hints at the prospect

After just short of 60 hours, I've completed the entire game and have my Platinum trophy.

Granted, I bought 7 of the trophies that I couldn't be bothered with, such as upgrading all weapons and pods, or looking up 2B's skirt ten times. Also couldn't be bothered grinding levels to be able to beat Emil, who just seemed plain OP in terms of health and damage output. Even at level 69, I couldn't touch him. Also no way I'm going to grind out the remaining 19 endings that I didn't get on my own.

What a game. It's not always as well executed as I would've liked, but it sure was unpredictable. 2B's death, and especially the moments leading up to it, was amazing. The 3rd act in general was pretty damn great.

In the end, I opted to delete all my save data in order to help someone else. Not sure how that actually works, but I thought it was a neat little idea, and I guess I might as well start over from scratch when I play it again sometime in the future.

I finished ending C after 25 hours...and I have comments and a question to be answered... :eek: (spoiler contains comments regarding ending A-B-C-W...don't mind the W...that uh...yeah that's an embarrassing one :lol: :
A2's sacrifice saddens me, but she turned out to be a rather thoughtful character, she died a hero, and saved 9S' life even though he'd gone insane. My question is...am I done? I hit start game last night and it gave me the beginning. I closed the application (PS4) because I had to get to bed and I was drained from the almost 3 hours of tower and resource unit fighting. Is there still more? I feel like I haven't gotten the full end yet. The game ended, but at the same time it felt as if there was a swath of unanswered questions. Minor spoilers are okay for me, I just wanna know if I'm done yet or not.

I finished ending C after 25 hours...and I have comments and a question to be answered... :eek: (spoiler contains comments regarding ending A-B-C-W...don't mind the W...that uh...yeah that's an embarrassing one :lol: :
A2's sacrifice saddens me, but she turned out to be a rather thoughtful character, she died a hero, and saved 9S' life even though he'd gone insane. My question is...am I done? I hit start game last night and it gave me the beginning. I closed the application (PS4) because I had to get to bed and I was drained from the almost 3 hours of tower and resource unit fighting. Is there still more? I feel like I haven't gotten the full end yet. The game ended, but at the same time it felt as if there was a swath of unanswered questions. Minor spoilers are okay for me, I just wanna know if I'm done yet or not.

There are five real endings in total, three of which are chosen in the very last moments of the 3rd playthrough. The endings change depending on which character you choose for the final fight, with 9S getting yet another choice of two options.

You can go back and see the other endings via chapter select.

There are five real endings in total, three of which are chosen in the very last moments of the 3rd playthrough. The endings change depending on which character you choose for the final fight, with 9S getting yet another choice of two options.

You can go back and see the other endings via chapter select.
Ah okay good. Cause I was feeling like there was more. Need to redo that then with the chapter select. Thanks! :D

So the aforementioned DLC came out today... anyone have it?

Apparently the DLC on PC goes for $14... a little much for just a couple of costumes an an arena, but this is Squeenix

So the aforementioned DLC came out today... anyone have it?

Apparently the DLC on PC goes for $14... a little much for just a couple of costumes an an arena, but this is Squeenix
They charge $15 for outfits in FF14 so I'm not surprised. Gonna get it, need to get money first. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back