Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
This car is a sales trick,will not achieve any successes,only advertising Nissan and Gran Turismo.
Will fail just like The DeltaWing

GT-R LMP1 probably front engine,four wheel drive,losing conception from the beginning.
I see only huge understeer,this year Nissan will bring next gen GT-R and this exercise is by this reason.

Some people called me troll because of this post,but you can see now that I was right.

6 more MJ and the 4wd system active should see it more competitive next year. I'm impressed they got one to the finish . 24h @ that speed is a bloody long time. Even for spectators.:D

Ahem. You need to keep it for a month. You've done about 4 days.

And @fortbo, you still have 3 weeks left on your avatar bet as well. But where's the avatar!?

Disappointing.

I see that it's quite hard for some people to stick to their promises.

I get bored easily, I'll switch back soon.
Sure, sure. That's what Fortbo said, he hasn't done it yet.

It's absolutely beyond me as to why people get into a bet, only to not live up to it when they lose. You can't exactly put $5 on a team to win a game of football, then when they lose not pay the money back to the bookmaker you filed the bet with.

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away this thread was about the Nissan GTR LM Nismo...
So, on that note, I present something on topic [I know - shocking isn't it :eek: :P)

Some exclusive footage from last week's Le Mans 24 hours? Maybe not. For one thing, the car doesn't break down...
Hopefully they get it working better for next year. In the meantime, I hope one or two people might enjoy this...

:cheers: :gtpflag:

With this car being retired, I wonder what will they use for next year's GT Academy final event? If it's still running that is, what's with Nissan's motorsport programme getting major cuts lately and PD's focus shifting to GT Sport next year.

I was baffled about this program when it was announced and it's no surprise they couldn't get it to be competitive and work out the bugs. At least it's immortalized in a couple of video games now.
Isn't that the point of racing cars though? To baffle you with their amazing new technology and odd approaches to problems?

It's problems were in it's First year, and being such a radical car then it would have a few bugs but who's to say if they worked around them or not? A change in management is more likely to have stopped the LMP1 programme than a lack of pace in, to repeat, it's first year.

I think there is a reason why the Nissan is willing to also brings this car to Forza 6.

So the car will be well known by more people upon its impending death. Respect to the car. Brings back the experimental days.

I saw this coming. Nissan thought they had a magic formula that would rewrite the rules of how to make racing cars. If throughout history the fastest racing cars have evolved into mid-engine and rear wheel drive its for a reason

I saw this coming. Nissan thought they had a magic formula that would rewrite the rules of how to make racing cars. If throughout history the fastest racing cars have evolved into mid-engine and rear wheel drive its for a reason
Nissan saw a gap in the rules that enabled them to make an LM special on a budget substantially lower than that of the other three works entrants.

Their pace at Le Mans this year was nothing to do with the concept of the car, but their hybrid vendor failing to provide them with the promised system. You can't redesign such a highly strung car on a whim. The project was doomed from then.

Again, the car was not FWD. It was 4WD like all the other entrants. This is common knowledge, anyone who states anything otherwise has either not been paying attention and is bashing based on substantial misconceptions or is blatantly trolling.

I suggest that everyone who tries to pull the "I told you so" or "lol FWD" cards actually gets their facts straight before posting. We had enough of said rubbish back in June.

Bo
Nissan saw a gap in the rules that enabled them to make an LM special on a budget substantially lower than that of the other three works entrants.

Their pace at Le Mans this year was nothing to do with the concept of the car, but their hybrid vendor failing to provide them with the promised system. You can't redesign such a highly strung car on a whim. The project was doomed from then.

Again, the car was not FWD. It was 4WD like all the other entrants. This is common knowledge, anyone who states anything otherwise has either not been paying attention and is bashing based on substantial misconceptions or is blatantly trolling.

I suggest that everyone who tries to pull the "I told you so" or "lol FWD" cards actually gets their facts straight before posting. We had enough of said rubbish back in June.
:lol:
would you calm down a bit?
I said nothing about FWD. I said that if the fastest racing cars are mid-engined its for a reason.
And the mid engined le mans cars are 4WD but they are mostly rear traction, you know what I mean.
Maybe the hybrid system failed but I think its more than that, its the whole concept.

I said nothing about FWD.
Well if you find fault with it being:
rear wheel drive
Then you can't be implying anything else.
And the mid engined le mans cars are 4WD but they are mostly rear traction, you know what I mean.
And the hybrid system would've delivered majority power to the rear wheels.
Maybe the hybrid system failed
Mmmm... nope, it definitely didn't work without grenading itself, there's no maybe about it.
its the whole concept.
So even though you've never actually seen it function as it should, and the only non-hybrid issues it suffered were either subsequently rectified in private testing or were caused as a direct result of the lack of hybrid function, you can still call fault with the work of professional motorsport designers and engineers?

Bo
Well if you find fault with it being:

Then you can't be implying anything else.

And the hybrid system would've delivered majority power to the rear wheels.

Mmmm... nope, it definitely didn't work without grenading itself, there's no maybe about it.

So even though you've never actually seen it function as it should, and the only non-hybrid issues it suffered were either subsequently rectified in private testing or were caused as a direct result of the lack of hybrid function, you can still call fault with the work of professional motorsport designers and engineers?
I think if it was such a good concept they would've kept faith in it, but the team concluded they wouldn't be able to reach the targets they wanted so they withdraw.

I think if it was such a good concept they would've kept faith in it, but the team concluded they wouldn't be able to reach the targets they wanted so they withdraw.
They couldn't keep faith in the concept because...
Bo
If something like the above happens then yes, they can't reach their targets but, here's the kicker, it's not their fault but the suppliers.

They couldn't keep faith in the concept because...

If something like the above happens then yes, they can't reach their targets but, here's the kicker, it's not their fault but the suppliers.
So couldn't they seek for alternative suppliers?
Couldn't do any minor redesign to the car at all, and everything was completely doomed from then??

Sorry but I dont buy it.

Back