Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
Can we at least tone those down? When the aero is nearly maxed out, it's obvious that the car will be a stiff (as in too understeery) ride...

An interesting review, but does the car have the speed to keep up with the Group C cars? Their top speeds are around the 380 km/h, so the GT-R needs at least that amount of speed to keep them at bay, And it is curious that the FF drivtrain actually puts the power down better than the MR drivetrains on the wet. Guess there is a plus for the Nismo's system.

But what if we want Bob to win the race for us?

image.jpg

Yes, B Spec Bob can win, 3 laps on first stint, a quick splash for a 1 lap sprint and then another 3 lapper to finish off. :D

View attachment 381468

Yes, B Spec Bob can win, 3 laps on first stint, a quick splash for a 1 lap sprint and then another 3 lapper to finish off. :D

Thanks, Vic, much appreciated. 👍 May I ask, what were the tires used? Only Intermediate tires, or did you use more than a single tire compound?

Yes, you do have to wear the 'I love Bieber' avatar. Hehe. :lol:

Smurfy has to comply with the rules now, and he posted them so often too, haha. Egg on his face. :lol:

Thanks, Vic, much appreciated. 👍 May I ask, what were the tires used? Only Intermediate tires, or did you use more than a single tire compound?

Smurfy has to comply with the rules now, and he posted them so often too, haha. Egg on his face. :lol:

I ran Soft tyres on the first 3 laps, then again on the 1 lap sprint and then swapped out for racing mediums for the last stint as the track was dry.

It can do 3 laps in the dry, but for once I played it safe. :P

Just drove it and despite the feeling of driving on a bumpy country roads as well as the funky steering that requires you to be Mr.Universe at times, I actually found it fun to drive. Call me nuts but of all the Rounds in GT Academy, this one took the fewest attempts to gold. Now to dig around and see the settings and what I can do with it. Will do a test run with it at the 24 Minutes Of Le Mans later on.

Just drove it and despite the feeling of driving on a bumpy country roads as well as the funky steering that requires you to be Mr.Universe at times, I actually found it fun to drive. Call me nuts but of all the Rounds in GT Academy, this one took the fewest attempts to gold. Now to dig around and see the settings and what I can do with it. Will do a test run with it at the 24 Minutes Of Le Mans later on.
Same here! It took me about 5-7 tries to get a good lap in without going off track or hitting a cone/pylon! It can be a pain to drive it on RH tires, but on RS tires + oil change it is a beast! I made a 3:35.754 in Round 4. I am in love with this car right now! :bowdown::lol:

Haven't been able to complete a lap as the low speed handling is just so unpredictable, presumably because the suspension's too stiff for the track surface.
It's on its softest settings all round.

hsv
It's on its softest settings all round.

What are the default values? Whenever I get to the final chicane, rather than managing to make the sharp left-right before the pit straight I seem to just understeer straight off, regardless of the speed I'm traveling at. It's utterly bizarre.

Is there really any significant visual changes on the real circuit that would actually require an update?

Of course. :sly:
In 2014 the huge gravel traps at Karting, and removal of trees and modifications to Tetre Rouge following the Simonsen tragedy.

What an understeering piece of junk this car is. Feels like a FWD hatchback with a LMP1 body and a lot of power. and of course the understeering default car setup, with even more ridiculous toe values.
GT in general and GT academy has been definitely geared towards the likings of the drivers who like understeer. I despise it. So frustrating and so terrible.

What an understeering piece of junk this car is. Feels like a FWD hatchback with a LMP1 body and a lot of power. and of course the understeering default car setup, with even more ridiculous toe values.
GT in general and GT academy has been definitely geared towards the likings of the drivers who like understeer. I despise it. So frustrating and so terrible.
I actually prefer understeer over oversteer in Gran Turismo. Much easier to manage. And understeer kind of forces you to adjust your driving habits and find the right line to help minimize the understeer. They're not just looking for a fast gamer, they take into account the critical thinking to put in that fast lap. With this car being FF, it's all about getting it slowed down early and powering through the corner with the right line. As you said it's not much different from your everyday FF hatchback, but the driving technique is the same.

I actually prefer understeer over oversteer in Gran Turismo. Much easier to manage. And understeer kind of forces you to adjust your driving habits and find the right line to help minimize the understeer. They're not just looking for a fast gamer, they take into account the critical thinking to put in that fast lap. With this car being FF, it's all about getting it slowed down early and powering through the corner with the right line. As you said it's not much different from your everyday FF hatchback, but the driving technique is the same.

Funny enough, that's exactly what I had to do. I couldn't push it and just lean on the grip like I was doing with the Toyota TS030 yesterday (ironically,another LMP1 Hybrid). Once I figured that out, it suddenly came...easy.

Latest Posts

Back