Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
I actually prefer understeer over oversteer in Gran Turismo. Much easier to manage. And understeer kind of forces you to adjust your driving habits and find the right line to help minimize the understeer. They're not just looking for a fast gamer, they take into account the critical thinking to put in that fast lap. With this car being FF, it's all about getting it slowed down early and powering through the corner with the right line. As you said it's not much different from your everyday FF hatchback, but the driving technique is the same.

If you got a good feeling for oversteer its ten times more fun to drive. Understeer cars in comparison feel boring and feel lke you can't really control them nearly as much as you would want.

@GranTurismo guy so its a good car because it has some kind of physics glitch in the game? ok. I highly doubt this would be possible to do in real life.

At that speed? sure... -.-
...At any speed? It was going about 150mph at that point. BTCC cars have gone sideways at those speeds at Thruxton and kept it straight. Physics doesn't just cease to exist when you reach a certain speed.

hsv
...At any speed? It was going about 150mph at that point. BTCC cars have gone sideways at those speeds at Thruxton and kept it straight. Physics doesn't just cease to exist when you reach a certain speed.
pretty sure they do in this particular case. its not the same to lose it at 100km/h or 250 km/h. Also we're talking about a very aerodynamic LMP1 car not a BTCC one.

pretty sure they do in this particular case.
Physics doesn't exist past 150mph, you heard it here first!
its not the same to lose it at 100km/h or 250 km/h.
If you're on Bonneville at 300mph and lose it, then maybe you'd roll instead of pulling it round. On tarmac, dropping it a few gears and burying the throttle will pull that front of the car round. No exceptions.
Also we're talking about a very aerodynamic LMP1 car not a BTCC one.
I don't see how a car with lower frontal drag can't spin its front tyres to the point of gaining more traction than static rears when going sideways.

uuaTUCJh.jpg

Got to love those brake lights. Oo oO

Well, body weight transfer and aerodynamics physics in GT6 have overturn/rolling constrained, you can make extreme moose tests and see that. So I dunno how 'possible' that video is because while the car was at near 90 degrees with the movement vector, I don't see the angle of the front wheels and load the left side, or even the speed.

Well, body weight transfer and aerodynamics physics in GT6 have overturn/rolling constrained, you can make extreme moose tests and see that. So I dunno how 'possible' that video is because while the car was at near 90 degrees with the movement vector, I don't see the angle of the front wheels and load the left side, or even the speed.
Keeping the wheels straight will pull an FF car forwards. Doesn't mean you'll automatically save it, it's entirely possible to flick the other way through over-correction, but nothing will stop tyres with more traction dictating the direction of movement.

hsv
Keeping the wheels straight will pull an FF car forwards. Doesn't mean you'll automatically save it, it's entirely possible to flick the other way through over-correction, but nothing will stop tyres with more traction dictating the direction of movement.

I think it's possible for these saves to happen, I meant I didn't know if your video variables included GT's constraints as a helper.

I think it's possible for these saves to happen, I meant I didn't know if your video variables included GT's constraints as a helper.
Oh, definitely much easier on GT. Also, with the GT-R LM, the front tyres are so much wider than the rears it's naturally front-endy. That must play a huge part in it.

If they lower the downforce they ciuld compete with the rest of the field.
But that would not help with the understeer though. There is already understeer from the FF layout, but as we all know lowering the downforce will make a car understeer more and make it more unstable.

During the time trial it gets to 346kmh before the first chicane at Sarthe. With oil change, the car can get to around 355kmh before the first chicane at Sarthe. It can go higher with medium and softs because you can brake later and accelerate sooner from tertre rouge.

Last edited:
Back