Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
It's exciting knowing we may possibly get the GT-R LM Nismo in GT6 reasonably soon but that for me is just a huge bonus.

I am so looking forward to just seeing a new Nissan LMP1 car and the mystery surrounding it's configuration is only adding to it.

I'll be 100% behind Toyota as always but having a new contender in the class is only positive for us WEC fans.

Last edited:
...............I just had a weird thought here: since Turn 10 had that reveal with Ford GT being their cover car for FM6, what if PDI decides that this Nissan is good for the GT7 cover?? Wouldn't that mean it will only show up in GT7???

...............I just had a weird thought here: since Turn 10 had that reveal with Ford GT being their cover car for FM6, what if PDI decides that this Nissan is good for the GT7 cover?? Wouldn't that mean it will only show up in GT7???
Not necessarily. It may mean timed exclusiveness like Turn10 had with the LaFerrari and P1 and will surely have with the awesome new Ford GT. I could not imagine Nissan not wanting to maximize awareness of it's new WEC programme by limiting game appearances.

Remember, Darren Cox said it will be in all the racing games we play so expect to see it crop up in FM at some point.

Not necessarily. It may mean timed exclusiveness like Turn10 had with the LaFerrari and P1 and will surely have with the awesome new Ford GT. I could not imagine Nissan not wanting to maximize awareness of it's new WEC programme by limiting game appearances.

.................I meant to say that this car won't show up in GT6 as a DLC if it's going to be a cover car for GT7; that's what I'm afraid of. If I'm wrong, whew that's a relief but if for some ungodly reason I'm right...then well I might go into psychic business...

They wouldn't put a real race car on the cover. It would scare off the little kids who want to race Veyrons on SSR-X.

Remember, Darren Cox said it will be in all the racing games we play so expect to see it crop up in FM at some point.

FM will likely be the only place it will race any of its 2015 opponents. Turn 10 always has Audi's latest LMP in their game.

They wouldn't put a real race car on the cover. It would scare off the little kids who want to race Veyrons on SSR-X.

But isn't that exactly what we want to have happen ? :sly:

Or is that just me ? :lol:

Hmm, now I find myself wondering what % of GT players those SSRX drag-queens represent, and if GT's sales/numbers really need that market. Though if I had to guess, using PCARS/AC as a reference, I'd say no, which imo is a good thing. 👍

Translating that to somewhat clearer English, I think he meant this is going to be yet another VGT car that we would use only in Arcade racing. Problem is:

A) It's an actual real race car;
B) It's not a VGT;
C) You can use it outside of Arcade mode because it's a LMP car;
D) For god's sake, stop using the VGT name as a complaint every single time your favourite car doesn't get released. If you want a certain car, ask PD, maybe they can help (and then again, maybe not, but just pointing that out);
E) All the above.

Last edited:
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not really excited about this car coming to the game. Just not a big fan of these types of cars. I'm just more of a street car kinda guy. Great addition though for the fans looking for these types of cars. 👍

At least you're honest and understanding when you say that. See, this is how you approach these releases, not "hurr durr useless VGT car Arcade durr".

👍 to you Cargo, hopefully one day you'll have a new and good street car to drive in the game.

At least you're honest and understanding when you say that. See, this is how you approach these releases, not "hurr durr useless VGT car Arcade durr".

👍 to you Cargo, hopefully one day you'll have a new and good street car to drive in the game.
VGT? What?

This car is a sales trick,will not achieve any successes,only advertising Nissan and Gran Turismo.
Will fail just like The DeltaWing

This car is a sales trick,will not achieve any successes,only advertising Nissan and Gran Turismo.
Will fail just like The DeltaWing

And this based on what, just your cynicism and negativity?

Also, the Deltawing wasn't a "Failure". It was a proof of concept and it wasn't intended to compete against the P1 cars. This car IS.

Back