Nissan Skyline-GTR (R32, R33, R34) Non-racing Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 152 comments
Hey Guys
very nice competition going on here, really nice =)
I tried cargorats Tune and did an 1:19:2xx which is nice, but I could be faster.
My problem is, how do I get rid of the car sliding so much without killing its great cornering?

greetings
Mario

Remove the ballast or move it forward, reduce rear brake bias or adjust the torque split (more power to the front). I always use the E brake on this track which helps me (1st corner hairpin, right hand sweeper going onto the back straight & the right hander at the end of the back straight).

Hey Guys
very nice competition going on here, really nice =)
I tried cargorats Tune and did an 1:19:2xx which is nice, but I could be faster.
My problem is, how do I get rid of the car sliding so much without killing its great cornering?

greetings
Mario

Try adjusting toe angles. cargo's settings are too extreme for me.
I'm running with 0.03 / -0.02

Dude, just wow. I know you state that the tune is for wheel drivers, but you cut 4 seconds off of my lap time with this tune, and completely changed the car from an understeering monster to a really fun to drive car. THANK YOU!!

You're welcome and thank you very much for the kind words, much appreciated. Its not so much that my tunes are strictly for wheel users, its more of that I tune my cars to be on the loose side to fit my style which in turn requires very smooth and precise brake and throttle inputs....something that is more difficult to do with a DS3. If you can tame my monsters with a DS3, you deserve a pat on the back because you have truly accomplished something. :bowdown: Controlling a loose handling car with a DS3, isn't easy....my hats off to you and the rest of the DS3 users. 👍

Well that's me done for the for a while, steering wheel broken yet again, but it's only fit for the bin this time.
I will try to keep up with you boys on controller lol arthritis will probably say no.
stewyripper:banghead: :grumpy:

Well that's me done for the for a while, steering wheel broken yet again, but it's only fit for the bin this time.
I will try to keep up with you boys on controller lol arthritis will probably say no.

Sorry to hear that stewy, that sucks. Hopefully you can find another wheel and get back into it again soon.

Bad luck Stewyripper about your wheel I hope you get another one.

This is a good chance for me to get a head of you on my friends list on the next Time Trial super laps. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

117.192 will have to do on this one. Don't seem to be making much headway unfortunately. Been using my G27 at 670 degrees on the 2-3 previous TT's which seemed quicker but 900 has been better for me with this combo.

I'm done here, getting tired of this crap.

******* (name removed)
1/5,
worst tune ever, pp way too high, slides like hell, is this a drift tune or what?
18 minutes ago Report

It is apparent this member is only interested in damaging my reputation as a tuner. I bust my ass and take the time to put out the best tunes I can and this is the thanks I get.....continuing tune bashing and unpleasant pms. I'm done all, have fun.

******* (name removed)
1/5,
worst tune ever, pp way too high, slides like hell, is this a drift tune or what?
18 minutes ago Report

It is apparent this member is only interested in damaging my reputation as a tuner. I bust my ass and take the time to put out the best tunes I can and this is the thanks I get.....continuing tune bashing and unpleasant pms. I'm done all, have fun.
you shouldn't let one person get under your skin,theres a lot of people on here who enjoy your work, comments,and driving

@GTP_CargoRatt : I agree. don't let one person get to you like that. He is obviously an idiot. or troll. or both.
Besides, saying it slides too much means he cant drive.

I'm 3'rd right now, and have the speed for 1'st. and even tho my tune is'nt exactly like yours, it is very close. (mine has got harder springs and dampers, more front biased drive, less ballast, and longer gears. everything else is exactly like yours!) My point is, its a great tune, 23 people rating it 5/5 should say it all.

I'm finished on this now.....1:17.877, and my best TT ranking ever. :D

There is possibly a tenth or two left in a cleaner lap but my time is up and I must sleep now.

Well done all, see you in the next set.

Literally only just saw here that nitrous is allowed. So THATS how the ghosts can be doing 34000km/h at the start.......
Been frustrating not getting anywhere near gold, will try this tonight

et_
@GTP_CargoRatt : I agree. don't let one person get to you like that. He is obviously an idiot. or troll. or both.
Besides, saying it slides too much means he cant drive.

I'm 3'rd right now, and have the speed for 1'st. and even tho my tune is'nt exactly like yours, it is very close. (mine has got harder springs and dampers, more front biased drive, less ballast, and longer gears. everything else is exactly like yours!) My point is, its a great tune, 23 people rating it 5/5 should say it all.

Would you mind sharing your damper, spring & ballast settings et? I'd like to break into the 116's but not sure my current setup will get me there.

Would you mind sharing your damper, spring & ballast settings et? I'd like to break into the 116's but not sure my current setup will get me there.
Just for you then;)

It's for the M*spec '02 model

Suspension:
Ride height: 125/80
Spring rate: 5.20/5.90
Dampers compression: 4/3
Dampers extension: 5/7
Anti-roll bars: 1/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/-0.35
Brake balance: 3/9

Transmisson:
final gear to 5000, then the max speed 200kmh
1'st: 3.135
2'nd: 2.390
3'rd: 1.945
4'th: 1.625
5'th: 1.370
6'th: 1.166
Final gear: 3.600

Differential:
Initial torque: 5/10
Acceleration sensitivity: 28/56
Braking sensitivity: 5/5
Torque distribution: 42:58

Power:
No oil change
install sports computer, racing exhaust, isometric manifold, catalytic converter, intake tuning
Power limiter: 98.0%
Boost level: 70%

Body:
Install all weight reductions (Stage 3 reduction, carbon bonnet, and windows)
Stock wing
Downforce: -/80
Ballast weight: 16kg
Ballast position: +50%

Edit: I actually did some minor adjustments at the very end that gave me 1'st place. got more traction and more tendency to rotate, a bit less steer-in, but overall clearly faster.
@JogoAsobi : tune is updated so feel free to post to OP:)

Last edited:

******* (name removed)
1/5,
18 minutes ago Report

Again. You are worried more about one little internet troll than everyone else who seeiously loves your tunes. You're letting him win the battle by saying things like that. Trolls should never win battles.

Edit: Gave this event one last go and got a 1:16.451 for 4th place. This would've been an awesome event if it wasn't for NOS. :(

Last edited:

******* (name removed)
1/5,
18 minutes ago Report

He probably used a DS3. I used your tune with my DS3 and the car was very loose. Changed the torque distribution to 50:50 and the car was rock solid and got gold first try. Great tune. But like all tunes, you need to know how to adjust it to your driving style.

Back