No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

Other things is that I used to use AT for gt1/2/3/4/5 and couple of weeks ago decided to change this to MT. Getting more comfortable with it everyday :cheers:

Changing to manual box was the biggest step forward for myself, for ages just the thought of it confused me but once I made the decision to change it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.

Running without abs is the hardest assist to drop with GT6, with a controller its especially tough.

Other things is that I used to use AT for gt1/2/3/4/5 and couple of weeks ago decided to change this to MT. Getting more comfortable with it everyday :cheers:

Good job on changing to MT! I changed in Jan this year. I agree with Dusty1990, it was the biggest step forward for me also. I use L2/R2 Brake/Acc with the right stick as a quick shift.

It took a few weeks to feel normal with MT but once you get used to it you won't go back to AT.

@Dusty1990 & J Singleton: You've both been put on the list :sly:

@backnfourth: It's cool, i'm glad to be of service.

@JogoAsobi: Great idea! If everyone's game i'll amend the list - although i mainly use a DS3, i have a G25 aswell :boggled:

900° wheel for me too, running with ABS normally.

Sum1s2pid - 900° wheel, no AIDS (just syphilis).

Sg8vJkv.gif

Sure you're talking about me. The thing is that I used to use srf and other aids when completing seasonals but then I came across this forum and decided not to use them anymore. As I dont know how to remove my times from current seasonals I will have to wait for them to be replaced with new ones.

No probs, I understand now. 👍
Feel free to resend FR. :)

900° wheel, no aids/0 ABS.
I use clutch and manual trans (TH8 RS) when real car has one.
Gold on Seasonal TTs is totally doable even with manual clutch. :sly:

A cranky DS3 (Randomly swaps views, turns on TCS to 10 (Always fun that!) set to 7 sensitivity (It loves the chick flicks and scented candles))
No Aids at all
No ABS (Because I love going slow, sideways in a cloud of tyre smoke and foul language!)

*List of PSN IDs compiled by ZuluWraith

So I do the seasonals without SRF and ranking wise that puts me always in the thousands. I'm not super fast by any means but I like with this most recent round of seasonals (HEP G37, Rocket, and Evo Rally) I am actually interested in repeating them to improve my time. But, I have no plans on switching that SRF switch to ON. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a NO SRF/NO AIDS (except ABS 1) friends group for the seasonals so we can have some competition without the magical hand of SRF.
Like I said, I'm not super skilled by any means so driver's of all skill levels are welcome.
Go ahead and send a friend request if you would like some non SRF seasonal competition.
*List of PSN IDs compiled by ZuluWraith

So I do the seasonals without SRF and ranking wise that puts me always in the thousands. I'm not super fast by any means but I like with this most recent round of seasonals (HEP G37, Rocket, and Evo Rally) I am actually interested in repeating them to improve my time. But, I have no plans on switching that SRF switch to ON. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a NO SRF/NO AIDS (except ABS 1) friends group for the seasonals so we can have some competition without the magical hand of SRF.
Like I said, I'm not super skilled by any means so driver's of all skill levels are welcome.
Go ahead and send a friend request if you would like some non SRF seasonal competition.

@backnfourth Perhaps we can talk to GTPlanet Mods and get a NoSRF Section. I would love to have some noSRF tunes to share and thoughts on seasonals etc, start a racing league perhaps...I know that GTP Weekly Racing series does not use SRF but this could be something aside from that.....thoughts? Anyone?

I'd like to join in as well. I'm losing interest in TT really fast starting to think I'm just wasting my time on it. I use SRF on TT but nothing else, sometimes ABS-1, it's because, as arrogant as it may sound, it is possible to outperform the system IF you're really good:
a) if your steering work is so good you wouldn't need Active Steering - you can do better.
b) if your right foot is decent, you won't need TC - in fact most people quickly outperform the TC system they turn it off.
c) if your braking technique is god-like it is possible to outperform ABS - though I can't myself and even top aliens seem to accept ABS-1 is better than 0, but theoretically it is possible.

SRF is a different matter. You just need it to be on if you ever hope to win the #1 spot. I see it this way, each wheelhouse has this special sticky glue spray device that sprays adhesive liquid on to your tyres whenever onboard computer senses the car is sliding. It stabilises the car and gives you grip in a way you wouldn't expect. It doesn't behave as if though your car has two compounds better tyres, it just gives weird handling but with more grip.

I accepted whatever the means in order to go faster just like any professional drivers would. They wouldn't complain if handling changes if it gives them 4 seconds a lap advantage. Just be quiet and get on with the job and be the fastest you can be. That's what top aliens are doing, I'm sure none of them like SRF but they need it as much as F1 drivers need ERS&DRS to win #1 spot. If SRF is banned they'd still be on top except this time they are smiling more because they'd enjoy driving more.

Frankly, I'm now getting tired of it. This whole business of having have to turn every assist on in order to gain places. Getting the enjoyment out of the game now starting to outweigh the satisfaction of achieving higher places on LB. Let's face it, TT is nothing more than a torture. All these cars I've used for TT I never came back to them after the event - I locked them away to stockyard because I got sick of them...

Anyway, my point is, if I use any of assists my driving gets spoilt very quickly and takes some getting used to back to unforgiving real driving physics. Active steering is something I stay away at all cost, it gives tremendous control over your car if it is tail happy - I could go sideways at 300km/h and easily correct and carry on as if nothing happened and I could do it every time. As soon as I turned it off I drove like a noob who doesn't know how to handle MR cars and takes time to regain the senses back. I'd like to think my steering work is my forte that got me this far so I don't want any interference from the system. But then a guy above me on LB might have an AS-Strong gives me sense of feeling, "What am I doing here? What's the point in working so hard in this?":indiff:

Sorry for wall of txt, but if I'm on a different LB that everyone's driving condition is with "zero aids" makes me feel I want to challenge more. PD is not helping us to make this game worthy to invest time into so we have to come up with something to make it that way. I paid the full price for it and I haven't got the money worth yet and if I shelf this game now I'd feel I'm defeated.

@thestiggy1198 & T4MAK1NGHINI: You've been added to the now amended list ;)

If anyone else would like their preferred controller added, feel free to post it here/PM me & i'll make it so!

@thestiggy1198 & T4MAK1NGHINI: You've been added to the now amended list ;)

If anyone else would like their preferred controller added, feel free to post it here/PM me & i'll make it so!

Thank you for reply, my preferred controller is obviously 900d steering wheel.

edit: Ah, never mind, I see you've already done that for me:tup::embarrassed:

Wow, its great to see all the response. 👍 👍
Lately, I had quit putting time into Seasonal TTs.

But this is great, something to shoot for now. :)
Hopefully we get some new events soon!
:gtpflag: :gtpflag:

Congrats! :cheers: Way to go, and way to do it!
Awesome times for these past seasonal TTs you have done too. :bowdown:

----------------------------------------
Gonna have to break out the TH8 RS for Madrid & Matterhorn!

I just posted this on the FXX Seasonal thread as well.
Surprise, surprise, RA BB adjustment is grayed out, and set at 5/5. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Hey Guys A quick question:
Do you know of a way to transfer game data to a new account?
I would like to make a new non SRF account without having to go through half the game again
thanks!

If I'm not too late, I'd like to join the no-SRF list too. I use a 900º steering wheel + clutch + H-shifter (T500RS / TH8RS), aids off and ABS=0. Haven't been very active the last few weeks, but after reading that the clutch has been slightly improved in 1.05 I'm ready to check the new seasonals and try to catch your lines. Great job with this thread! 👍
PSN: SyriusDaimon

Cheers,
S.

Sorry that I haven't been on GT6 In a month now. Been playing NASCAR 14. Also Gt6 has been having a hard time trying to load lately on my ps3. It's nothing wrong with the gt6 disc it's the ps3 itself. Its like my games take like 5 to 10 tries until they finally load up (except for my digital games). But when it comes gt6 it takes like 20. I haven't try playing it yet but this was the case before I stop playing it for a month. I'm going to be on this weekend if it will load.

@Syrius & RollinMcCrash: You've made the list guys! 👍

@SW__10: I've added your controller preference.

@Elitekilla29: Sorry to hear about your recent plight, it sounds to me like you need a new laser unit! Same thing happened to me last year & a couple of years before that 👎 - i'm on my 3rd laser at the moment! :scared:

Latest Posts

Back