Non-Racecar Super Lap: Mount Panorama Racing Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 262 comments
I got gold with a tuned (if I remember right, my own dabbling) Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)'08, then ran it some more for a 1:22.43.

Last edited:
GSX-R/4 Suzuki

244hp 99.3% 200kg @ -5 20 rear downforce

Stage 3 weight reduction
Sport converter
Exhaust manifold
Semi-racing exhaust
Sports computer
Stage 3 tuning
Intake tuning
No oil change
No improved body rigidity

Can I check it is the Isometric Exhaust Manifold as seems the only way I can get to 244bhp. Thanks.

Only done 3 laps with the pad, but I had a play with the settings and noticed that the best power:weight is from a fully tuned car with no weight reduction and then enough ballast to reach the ppt limit.

I hate this car. I'm stuck in the 2:17.8 range. I can beat my 2:15.8 friends to the start of the downhill, but then I hit a wall or downshift a bit soon and spin like a helocopter roter through the esses. I just can't keep it stable while decelerating downhill.

I've modified Priano's tune for the track, and I find that easier than Whoosier's pink settings :lol:. I'll try Crank's next. Meanwhile, I guess I need to learn how to drive.

I hate this car. I'm stuck in the 2:17.8 range. I can beat my 2:15.8 friends to the start of the downhill, but then I hit a wall or downshift a bit soon and spin like a helocopter roter through the esses. I just can't keep it stable while decelerating downhill.

I've modified Priano's tune for the track, and I find that easier than Whoosier's pink settings :lol:. I'll try Crank's next. Meanwhile, I guess I need to learn how to drive.
I feel my tune is fairly stable for the DS3 though i don't understand why @esenli said it was more unstable than his yet he was running very low LSD numbers :confused:
@Stotty I tried that method mate but it felt the same for me.

Oh i forgot to mention @Jbaffoh are you applying throttle while braking in the twisty downhill section? That should sort your problem out if you're just braking.

Last edited:
I feel my tune is fairly stable for the DS3 though i don't understand why @esenli said it was more understable than his yet he was running very low LSD numbers :confused:

Haven't run enough laps to say of it's faster that way, just that it has a better power:weight in the sats 👍

Your tune should be very stable - running lots of LSD decel and plenty of rear +ve toe!

I feel my tune is fairly stable for the DS3 though i don't understand why @esenli said it was more unstable than his yet he was running very low LSD numbers :confused:

Oh i forgot to mention @Jbaffoh are you applying throttle while braking in the twisty downhill section? That should sort your problem out if you're just braking.
I haven't really explored left foot braking yet, so that might be it. I'm using a G27.

One big problem is downshifting (with paddles) where I would in any other car, IRL or in game, and spinning. It's so hard to get out of the habit to rely on small bits of engine braking. That's suicide in this car!

I haven't really explored left foot braking yet, so that might be it. I'm using a G27.

One big problem is downshifting (with paddles) where I would in any other car, IRL or in game, and spinning. It's so hard to get out of the habit to rely on small bits of engine braking. That's suicide in this car!
You don't have to do it simultaneously. Just a dab of the throttle will help with weight transfer while coasting. R1 of GTA was good practice of this method.

On the way up the hill after the first straight. Once you have cleared the right and left. For me it's full throttle with just a touch on the brake to bring the nose in (maybe a subtle lift on acc if I'm off line).

On the way down 🤬, shift early when in too high revs and the thing will spin! Overlay Acc & Brake is the key!

Left foot braking is the answer I think.

I think the top guys like @CRANK_U1 will do it like this also?

Oh, G27 also 👍

Last edited:
What are the next quickest cars at 500pp?

Just ran a few laps in the NSX R '02, 2'16.xxx, will easily do 2'15 with bit of tuning.

Different car, but @Tidgney's Bathurst GTA video (min 21:35) for the Esses is a good place to start...
...the TT is actually more forgiving than the GTA was concerning track DQs, especially the Dipper.

I only took a few runs in Suzuki last night (low 2:15s 2:15.8xx), I do 0 ABS, so my margin for error is very slim...
...I downshift before going over the crest, and brake in straight line down to green strip.

I do same as @SW__10, after the Cutting I am pretty much 100% on gas until Esses crest...
...but I left foot brake going down. :lol:

Last edited:
Different car, but @Tidgney's Bathurst GTA video (min 21:35) for the Esses is a good place to start...
...the TT is actually more forgiving than the GTA was concerning track DQs, especially the Dipper.

I only took a few runs in Suzuki last night (low 2:15s), I do 0 ABS, so my margin for error is very slim...
...I downshift before going over the crest, and brake in straight line down to green strip.

I do same as @SW__10, after the Cutting I am pretty much 100% on gas until Esses crest...
...but I left foot brake going down. :lol:
In other cars I usually gain time in that section, and I did study Tidgney's video during GTA. But I habitually make a fatal second downshift in the TT, and as I spin away, your blue line passes by. Then Wauk-azoo. Then everyone else. If I could just stay on the track from that point, I could return to the top 500. I'll hit it again tomorrow.

I am in the low 1:19.xxx using only @praiano63 suspension and LSD @CRANK_U1 transmission and it is working not to bad for almost being a Geezer and I wish I was young again so I can get at least 7 or 8 seconds better out of this GXS-R/4 using a G27 and also left foot braking helps.

Edit: I am going to retire from this one because the GXS-R/4 does not handle that good anymore and I can not beat my time and I have made no changes in the setup of the car. last night I made the 1:19.xxx time and today I was expecting to get better but it got worst so I am out of this one.

Last edited:
What are the next quickest cars at 500pp?

Just ran a few laps in the NSX R '02, 2'16.xxx, will easily do 2'15 with bit of tuning.

That was a great question and turned into my daughters punishment for smarting off to dad at the dinner table. Her results,

#87 Miura
#183 RGT
#239 Series One
#246 Miura
#297 Dino 246 GT

hi m

hi mate I use your lsd 50-60-45 don't change it.2.12.963 with your tune. rank 33
thx

LOL, I don't know any different, been doing that going back to GT5. :lol:
I edited my prior post, I confused the time with another PSN I use.
My JogoAsobi PSN run was 2:15.8xx.
I grew up driving in constant rain and snow in mountainous terrain and mostly dirt roads (Southeast Alaska) with no ABS until I bought an Audi Quattro in 1985. I need to get back to my roots, turn off ABS, and use the clutch and stick shift. I've become a soft weenie.

Last edited:
For those who like to use stock cars that give a nice challenge, I just managed 2:24.879 in the Lotus Esprit V8 '02, no tuning or adjustment, just an oil change and TCS at 0, ABS at 1. Took quite a few attempts, smoothness is the key as can get quite oversteery if you accelerate too early out of the bends, or hop a curb or two. Oh yeah that was with the DS3, presumably easier with a wheel.

Back