Non-Racecar Super Lap: Mount Panorama Racing Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 262 comments
I'm 51. Doing 2.13.319 with DS3, ABS=1, everything else off. Square- and X-button for brake and speed -not Applied simultaneously. Got Space for new friends to compete with :)
Using @WhoosierGirl's setup; Thanks for posting.:cheers:

If you're a dane and like this TT, you should visit Dansk GT Racing homepage;)
I will add you tomorrow is that ok.

I thought I couldn't do any better, but was able to improve my time by almost a full second. I'm still losing a bit of time on the chicane before the last turn, but that's when I manage to keep it on the track.

I tried WhoosierGirl's setup, but it's too loose for me. The rear starts to come around at every corner, so had to change several settings to make it less tail happy. It was the same for me with the X-Bow when I tried one of the posted tunes. I'm starting to get the impression that the fast players use a loose setup. Thank you for the tune though. 👍

Only one thing I can't understand-how the f..k can this peace of a...t slide in 4/5th hear?????????

Ridiculous!!!
Not a fan of the GSX-R/4 then? :lol:

I tried WhoosierGirl's setup, but it's too loose for me. The rear starts to come around at every corner, so had to change several settings to make it less tail happy. It was the same for me with the X-Bow when I tried one of the posted tunes. I'm starting to get the impression that the fast players use a loose setup.

Loose is generally fast :)

The looser a car is, the faster it will turn in, and the earlier you can get on the gas 👍

With the GSX, you can control the rear under braking/turn-in by overlapping the throttle to help manage the weight transfer and stop the rear coming round.

Edit;

If you find @WhoosierGirl tune is too loose on turn in, increase the LSD decel until it stops. It will make the car understeer more on entry, but it will be more stable.

Last edited:
Loose is generally fast :)

The looser a car is, the faster it will turn in, and the earlier you can get on the gas. 👍

With the GSX, you can control the rear under braking/turn-in by overlapping the throttle to help manage the weight transfer and stop the rear coming round.
As long as you're not plastered on the side of a wall. :lol: What you just described would take me a LOT of practice and even then I'm not sure I could manage it. While playing GT1-GT3 I picked up many bad habits that I've been fighting since I started playing GT5 in November of 2012 and GT6 more recently.

I wonder how the hell you guys can achieve such times with the soap box, I mean that ridiculous GSX-R. :eek: This thing has sluggish acceleration and a ridiculous top speed. I could only get silver with this, and after several laps.
I then changed for the Toyota 86 GT 15th anniversary and got gold on my 1st lap with it, and there is still much room for improvement.

I wonder how the hell you guys can achieve such times with the soap box, I mean that ridiculous GSX-R. :eek: This thing has sluggish acceleration and a ridiculous top speed. I could only get silver with this, and after several laps.
I then changed for the Toyota 86 GT 15th anniversary and got gold on my 1st lap with it, and there is still much room for improvement.

:lol:

Try one of the tunes posted by @WhoosierGirl or @CRANK_U1.

The trick with the GSX is to maintain your momentum as much as possible... it doesn't have great acceleration, but it has great corner speed, so you have to keep your speed up. 175mph is a pretty decent for a car with c.250bhp!

I had a try myself....not very satisfied with a 02:17:050.
I am doing okay until Turn 10/11 (The Esses), after that I loose second after second. Damn!

Changed BB to 6 3 and got 2.12.973 ...but am really only struggling to stay within 3 secs of the leader :crazy:

Last edited:
Glad you like the setup, :)

I have no excuse for not learning proper braking and shifting with a manual other than, being blonde and already maxing out my available brain cells with left/right/start and stop. :sly:

You make that sound like you can't drive, although you are always Top50 :D.
And thanks for sharing your setups, they are always very good & easy to drive.

I golded this with relative ease using the F430 Scuderia with 600pp and no additional tuning. Chucking that through the chicane section was one of the most enjoyable moments I've had on this game so far.
"Human Drama" report - EVERY single time I attemped this race, the number 7 placed Corvette would spin out on the 2nd corner and caused at least a 3 car pile up that needed to be avoided. (Not always sucessfully on my part)!

I golded this with relative ease using the F430 Scuderia with 600pp and no additional tuning. Chucking that through the chicane section was one of the most enjoyable moments I've had on this game so far.
"Human Drama" report - EVERY single time I attemped this race, the number 7 placed Corvette would spin out on the 2nd corner and caused at least a 3 car pile up that needed to be avoided. (Not always sucessfully on my part)!

Wrong thread... this is the TT thread and I think you want the race thread :)

Golded this with several cars, but the one Im most proud of is the cv8 monaro. A holden winning at the mountain, just feels right.

I have been PM'ed a few times asking for help with right foot brake on the downhill, I am terrible at describing how I do it.
More or less I do it how @Teitzy described earlier, coast and dab a little brake and throttle.
Posting a video with the gauges was suggested so I made one last night.

Last edited:
How the hell do you guys get that smooth driving? Sometimes when I watch Top Replays, it seems to me you have kind of a slow-motion device in the corners and chicanes. I always feel like I am all over the place and thus have less time to aim for apexes and stuff. Maybe Im too aggressive?
Anybody got some advice after watching my video?

How the hell do you guys get that smooth driving? Sometimes when I watch Top Replays, it seems to me you have kind of a slow-motion device in the corners and chicanes. I always feel like I am all over the place and thus have less time to aim for apexes and stuff. Maybe Im too aggressive?
Anybody got some advice after watching my video?

I don't see anything majorly wrong with your driving... good smooth steering inputs 👍

You're just not carrying enough corner speed. I'm not sure which tune you're using, but to me it looks like you need to be a gear higher in almost every corner...

For example...

Turn at the top of the hill after T1 is 3rd gear... you drop to 2nd, and lose too much mid corner speed... you only finish around half way across the track on the exit... you should be carrying enough speed in 3rd for the momentum of the car to carry it on to the outside kerbing.

Other than that you just need to work on your lines a bit... you don't use the full width of the track.

Watch the top guys replays... it's easy to see what they do... just hard to do it yourself :lol:

Am i the only one experiencing this?, or
is it a wellknown TT-phenomenon nobody bothers to discuss anymore?

When i fire up this TT, it comes in two variations:

-One with a cloudy sky and Thus a different lighting: Road is dark, barely any shadowcasting from trees etc., or:
-One with a blue sky and much more light to the Whole Picture.

Think it's pretty much random which one shows up; i've seen 'em both several times AND i have taken screenshots to prove to myself, it's not in the head.

The thing is i now have the idea that it's also affecting track conditions: It seems there's better grip when i'm driving in the sunny version (which would make sence, of course). Surely that's worth mentioning here?

unless it's all at my end? (I'll be the laughing stock then)

If there was an xr8 or kind, I would be doing it in that too. Anyway, good to gold an Aussie track with an Aussie car.
A few times I have driven the Monaro and as you said good to have and Aussie track with an Aussie car. 👍

-One with a cloudy sky and Thus a different lighting: Road is dark, barely any shadowcasting from trees etc., or:

Think it's pretty much random which one shows up; i've seen 'em both several times AND i have taken screenshots to prove to myself, it's not in the head.

The thing is i now have the idea that it's also affecting track conditions: It seems there's better grip when i'm driving in the sunny version (which would make sence, of course). Surely that's worth mentioning here?

unless it's all at my end? (I'll be the laughing stock then)
I've experienced it, too. The worst part is losing the shadows I use for brake markers.

Experienced same, and did on last Ascari TT too.

I've experienced it, too. The worst part is losing the shadows I use for brake markers.
You mean the markers at turn 2 after the long straight, right? That's where it first came to my notice! For me, its the other way round though: The shadows from the trees are blurring my marker, being the strip of asphalt on the left side...
But yeah; how do you feel about the difference in grip? Need the sunny version, right?

...and crowded with Aussies on the leaderboard too:tup:
I wish I was on that leaderboard, perhaps the next TT I will do better but hey these TT are fun to compete with your friends on the list that are around my age and older. 👍

I wish I was on that leaderboard, perhaps the next TT I will do better but hey these TT are fun to compete with your friends on the list that are around my age and older. 👍
I was actually being careful, not to say TOP OF the leaderboard, 'cause that's the thing with GT6-leaderboard: YOU'RE THERE ..SOMEWHERE...:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back