nowcontrol
Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Tokyo R246 / Reverse

DT#50 - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Tokyo R246 ~ Reverse.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#50] - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Tokyo R246 ~ Reverse.jpg

:gtplanet:

NO TANK CAR ALLOWED! :lol:

Last edited:
Well in the Entry Requirements, it's looking for a Normal car that's 5000 inches or less... that's 416.67 feet. :eek: I wonder how many cars that includes??? :lol:

Cheers

Last edited:
Yay, they've left out the Tank Car!

@petaloudas has a tune for RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" 1987 in the recent Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring. I watched a high placed V8 Vantage replay and then drove this RR layout to 11,554 points.

Took a few tries - had to maintain more angle than I expected and increase speed through the end of the long left. Be patient at the entry; I just kept the launch speed until I reached the shadow of trees. Then full power and a little Scandinavian Flick to initiate drift. Immediately easing off gas and feathering it all the way round, constantly adjusting the steering to keep the drift angle.

Slowing enough for the final right is hard. This setup tends to go straight if you simply lift off gas. So I scrubbed off speed during the left entry corner. Used some handbrake in transition and then gentle throttle. That got it driving forwards through the final right.

If you haven't already decided a car to use here, I recommend this one. RR layout drifting is a novelty in GT6.

Used a stock XKR Coupe '10 and got a fairly easy gold on the first try.

Wow, took out the only FF seasonal drift car I've used in the past (Honda 1300 Coupé), and slammed in a 18k score in no time at all (about 10 minutes), currently 11'th. my best drift result ever, but probably won't hold.

But this really shows how clueless PD are sometimes, they limit the event to cars that are less than 5 meters long, that's pretty much every single car in the game apart from the Tank car. but then they link together 2 score zones, making 1 long score zone, wich because of the straight of course favours FF weaving drifting. Surely this could not have been their intentions when they excluded the Tank car? Thew FF cars would still have been superior even if the Tank car was'nt excluded here!

Just whipped together an IROC Camaro and had fun, very easy to gold.

EDIT: Meant to put this for the current normal car drift. But I used the IROC here too. Becoming a favorite drift car just to give it something to do.

Last edited:
Yay, they've left out the Tank Car!

@petaloudas has a tune for RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" 1987 in the recent Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring. I watched a high placed V8 Vantage replay and then drove this RR layout to 11,554 points.

Took a few tries - had to maintain more angle than I expected and increase speed through the end of the long left. Be patient at the entry; I just kept the launch speed until I reached the shadow of trees. Then full power and a little Scandinavian Flick to initiate drift. Immediately easing off gas and feathering it all the way round, constantly adjusting the steering to keep the drift angle.

Slowing enough for the final right is hard. This setup tends to go straight if you simply lift off gas. So I scrubbed off speed during the left entry corner. Used some handbrake in transition and then gentle throttle. That got it driving forwards through the final right.

If you haven't already decided a car to use here, I recommend this one. RR layout drifting is a novelty in GT6.

2nd try in the yellowbird and golded it :D previous best was in my old buick special I love that car :P

Back