Notification of Maintenance 7/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
But speculating is funner. :D
I think the most funnest is after the speculation finishes and the result of the maintenance the speculation was about results in... nothing. The disappointment expressed at a missing update that was never announced can be somewhat hilarious.

I think the most funnest is after the speculation finishes and the result of the maintenance the speculation was about results in... nothing. The disappointment expressed at a missing update that was never announced can be somewhat hilarious.

I feel the very most funnester, is when PD reveal a feature noone expected in an update and the elation from those that expressed hope versus those that kept that hope buried deep down inside, somewhere noone would ever find it. I can't wait for the memes on this one.

During this "maintenence" slot it happens to be the football world cup semi final between Japan ladies and the England ladies teams, poly just wanted to make sure they could watch it whilst at work.. perfect excuse to watch it for them, as everything is switched off. Party time..
Easy morning no work and football what a good boss Kaz is as they have an office party whilst translating all the stuff people of the world think they are doing, drinking shots of various alcohols and eating cake everytime some one mentions course maker or scores a goal.
So if we get anything at the end it's because someone drunkenly hit the go live button. Or if we don't get anything they were to drunk to find the go live button. Or they just wanted to watch the football without the cleaners with the hoovers diving around the offices ;)
It's as good as theory as any of the rest :)

During this "maintenence" slot it happens to be the football world cup semi final between Japan ladies and the England ladies teams, poly just wanted to make sure they could watch it whilst at work.. perfect excuse to watch it for them, as everything is switched off. Party time..
Easy morning no work and football what a good boss Kaz is as they have an office party whilst translating all the stuff people of the world think they are doing, drinking shots of various alcohols and eating cake everytime some one mentions course maker or scores a goal.
So if we get anything at the end it's because someone drunkenly hit the go live button. Or if we don't get anything they were to drunk to find the go live button. Or they just wanted to watch the football without the cleaners with the hoovers diving around the offices ;)
It's as good as theory as any of the rest :)
Maybe they're going to give us national women football teams so we can play soccer in a racing game! :dopey: way to go PD, way to go!

Or they could be trying to fix hacked cars (if they are still a thing) by the wayif you guys said that already i'm sorry i just got here.

But the maintenance was scheduled prior to Japan winning the game that put them into tonight's game...
They won the final last year so were always likely to win the quarter finals this year. The final is Monday morning so if they win tonight (which they won't) and suddenly an new maintenence is produced for Monday morning we know they wanted to watch the football. But as I said it's just fun to guess what they are upto, as they aren't telling us that they just want a few hours off.

I haven't seen a hacked car in over 4 months now. I don't think they're much of a "thing" anymore. Probably due to the decreased excitement in GT6, but perhaps that discussion is best left for another thread.

Last edited:
90 more minutes till maintenance starts
de31892c24bcef004400f9f62e02c46b.jpg
Yea i'm that excited

All i know is that i don't want to be on this thread after the maintenance starts , for either good or bad reasons ...

Since the Course Maker is coming in two parts... perhaps the feature PD wants to push is the GPS function... so maybe the Vanilla Course Creator will come today.

Later on PD would advertise the hell out of the GPS functionality. Maybe.

Soon.

Since the Course Maker is coming in two parts... perhaps the feature PD wants to push is the GPS function... so maybe the Vanilla Course Creator will come today.

Later on PD would advertise the hell out of the GPS functionality. Maybe.

Soon.
GPS on gt6? never heard of that.. good idea though

It could be a surprise VGT car. For those who remember last year the BMW and Mitsubishi VGTs were unannounced (ahead of time before their updates were released) so it may happen?

But the maintenance was scheduled prior to Japan winning the game that put them into tonight's game...
But the semi final game was scheduled before the maintenance was scheduled prior to Japan winning the game that put them into tonight's game... :lol: PD has everything planned out.

GPS on gt6? never heard of that.. good idea though
It's on the website.

Theoretically using a GPS equipped device (such as your cell phone) to record length/elevation data of a circuit or road, then uploading that data into the game and using the coarse creator to recreate what you recorded digitally.
Maybe the Peugeot 208 Pikes Pike coming to GT6
Oddball assumption out of nowhere.

It could be a surprise VGT car. For those who remember last year the BMW and Mitsubishi VGTs were unannounced (ahead of time before their updates were released) so it may happen?
Oh man, I'm really looking forward to a possible update to get a surprise VGT (or maybe more) after about 3hours of maintenance, that would be really great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a VGT. :)

It's on the website.

Theoretically using a GPS equipped device (such as your cell phone) to record length/elevation data of a circuit or road, then uploading that data into the game and using the coarse creator to recreate what you recorded digitally.

Oddball assumption out of nowhere.
Kaz did say that we could expect the Peugeot Pikes Peak.

I don't think this will happen but it could be 2015 cars (i don't know it could happen :D but probably not..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back