Notification of Maintenance 7/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not go be nothing probably. I think if the course maker was coming it would of been on the pit stop blog by now probably. But whenever the course maker do come out I will plug back up my ps3 and check it probably.

Well, I give it 12hrs. If nothing has been announced, then it's 95% likely it will just be a maintenance.

Makes me wonder what they are going to fix with the maintenance that could warrant a 3 and a half hour down time.
Server Stability. At the very most, I see a HotFix coming out to correct the SRT Tomahawk X online bug, amongst other things.

Oh_he_mad.jpg

I don't really see why a PitStop article is what decides anything... I mean, it preceded B-Sped and Midfeild and a couple other features, but not every single bit of content...

It may come, and it may not come, but I don't really what PitStop has to do with it.

I don't really see why a PitStop article is what decides anything... I mean, it preceded B-Sped and Midfeild and a couple other features, but not every single bit of content...

It may come, and it may not come, but I don't really what PitStop has to do with it.
When we're talking about the most anticipated featute, It doesn't make sense for PD not to announce it prior to it being released in game. The features you listed were highly anticipated and they were announced prior to the update being released via the PitStop Blog. PD has set a precedent, and when looking to see if something will happen, you go back and look at said trends. Plus, announcing the most anticipated feature in GT6 before it's release, is really only common sense, if we're honest.

When we're talking about the most anticipated featute, It doesn't make sense for PD not to announce it prior to it being released in game. The features you listed were highly anticipated and they were announced prior to the update being released via the PitStop Blog. PD has set a precedent, and when looking to see if something will happen, you go back and look at said trends. Plus, announcing the most anticipated feature in GT6 before it's release, is really only common sense, if we're honest.

They announced the new course maker upwards of two years ago, back when GT6 was revealed. It's been "regularly" (used loosely) confirmed and re-confirmed that it it'll be coming in a future update sometime down the line. Re-"announcing" (considering this is a blog post that isn't widely advertised, it's not really a "breaking news" type deal) pre-launch that it will be in the next update doesn't really do anything. In fact, if they're going to do any more announcements, I'd imagine it'd be on the full site, post-launch, as it was with most the other features and updates. There isn't reason why it needs a pre-announcement in order to be confirmed for this maintenance period.

Even if there is a "pre-announcement" type deal on PitStop within the next 17-or-so hours before the maintenance period, it still could've been happening and not had a "pre-announcement" PitStop blog article made for it. And in fact, if there is an article, I'd imagine it would be made on a more official and popular site to gather more attention and maybe make a couple extra bucks somehow, if that's still viable.

Though props to you if something goes on PitStop in T-minus 16 hrs, 52 minutes and 27 seconds. (*Edit: And/or before the next maintenance period/update if it doesn't come this time around.) Let's just see what happens. 👍

In fact, if they're going to do any more announcements, I'd imagine it'd be on the full site, post-launch, as it was with most the other features and updates. There isn't reason why it needs a pre-announcement in order to be confirmed for this maintenance period.
They've split announcements for game features between PitStop and the GT6 Site pretty evenly. B-Spec, for instance, was announced on both sites, so was Midfield. All VGT's are announced post-update, though. Yeah, you're absolutely right, it doesn't need a pre-update announcement, but it just doesn't make sense why PD wouldn't announce the most anticipated feature for GT6 before any possible update.

Anyway, as I've made known already, I expect nothing more than just maintenance. Maybe a HotFix, at best. But to be brutally honest, I'd prefer Server Stability to be improved over the Course Maker. But that's just me.

It's just sketchy the way PD has been, more tight lipped than usual. Kaz actually answering questions, but still being vague. Why would you announce the most anticipated feature, when you could surprise all the nay-sayers, like yourself. I have faith and optimism in PD and Kaz, but if it doesn't it doesn't. If it does. I'll be busy as hell. And I'd really like to be busy.

the nay-sayers, like yourself.
I don't think of it as nay-saying, it's more like common sense and refusing to get your hopes up, only for them to get crushed. Forget 'expect the unexpected', it should be 'expect the expected', which in this case, is nothing. :)

Just a crazy thought? What if this update is just to add the Premium interior to the SRT VGT cars

P.s I did say just a crazy thought :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back