November: Car of the Month - Lotus Evora '09

I've got a question about this car. I see a lot of people adding around 100 kgs of weight to the front of it. Are you doing this to
1. create more PP headroom to squeeze more horsepower out of the tune
2. to rebalance the car once it has the additional horsepower?

I'm currently running a stable tune with only 30 kgs of extra weight (330 bhp), wondering if I am missing out on that additional horsepower. I tried adding the weight and engine parts, but that didn't help it as much as I wouldve liked it to, it started understeering in the wrong parts of the track so I couldn't make any gains (SH tyres).
Done more for balance. Ballast may cause minor understeer, but tunes right can improve center and exit. If right, you can gain more on exit than you lose on entry. Becomes personal preference and feel. It can be over done, and the rest of the settings become even more important. Not a requirement, you tune it as you prefer.

Thanks @Bowtie-muscle! Sorry about the missing info on the tuning sheets. I will remedy that asap! Glad you liked driving my tunes, it seems as though I tune everything with a bit of understeer... Guess I need to get used to letting the cars stay a little looser. These critiques are very helpful, and I really appreciate the time you take for these reviews! :cheers:

Thanks @Bowtie-muscle! Sorry about the missing info on the tuning sheets. I will remedy that asap! Glad you liked driving my tunes, it seems as though I tune everything with a bit of understeer... Guess I need to get used to letting the cars stay a little looser. These critiques are very helpful, and I really appreciate the time you take for these reviews! :cheers:
Wasn't being critical on the missing info, just pointing it out for others. Little understeer is manageable, too loose is not. Your tunes are good, keep them coming, and I did enjoy.

@lBt_33 Evora 500pp review:

A few things to clarify:
  • Did not specify weight reduction parts, but figured it out by the weight which you did give
  • No mention of front aero or wing (not installed
  • Stiff springs, lower rear ride height, high LSD accel - wheel user?
Tour of Europe - Brands Hatch (SH)
Lots of exit oversteer, slid right through turn 1 into the sand, but that's on me. Using left stick steer and triggers, had to be gentle and precise with inputs. Throttle while turning was an adventure, control needed on exit. Minor entry understeer, characteristic of what can make this car a handful. Once I settled in, it worked and on to an easy win Even on hard tires. Personal preference would be to have the gears more evenly spread, but it helped with accel down the straights. Gap between 5th and 6th did not hurt as I expected. But, as I said, this is my preference. Best lap was 1:37.733

Now to Spa
Tight in, loose off. Avoid curbs at higher speeds. Better here, though the LSD accel took getting used to on ds3, but always felt on edge and waiting to loose control. Never happened, but I was tip-toe-ing in spots. Not a fast track for me, best lap 2:42.152.

Not a bad tune, likely a joy with a wheel. Once you learn what it wants, and how to drive it, it's up to the task. My time at Spa is more the way I drove the track, Brands was a pretty good time I thought. Interested in seeing more versions from you.

@shaunm80 500pp Evora review:

Tour of Europe - Brands Hatch
Typical Exeter tune, simply amazing the amount of grip and stability. Very easy to drive and get the power down. Had to make sure I had SH tires installed it was so good. Normal rear heavy MR issues, some very minor understeer on entry when pushing too far and deep into the corner. Minor exit oversteer on faster corners. Great tune with one disappointment was the lap time as it felt much faster than I achieved. Best lap of 1:36.041

On to Spa
This tune gave me confidence, knowing how far I could push it and what I was able to do with it. Again, gobs of grip begging to be pushed further. Great turn in and mid corner rotation, with a hint of easily managed exit oversteer. Great under braking, good LSD setup. Wonderful tune, just don't blitz corners like you have racing tires on it. Grip will not fail if driving hard, but not if driven insane. Best lap of 2.39.999.

In the running for favorite of the month, but I still have a few more to go. Paint Meteorite Silver from Viper GTS, install rear wing and Rays 57Xtreme +1 inch rims. Stunning! :crazy::eek:

@shaunm80 500pp Evora review:

Tour of Europe - Brands Hatch
Typical Exeter tune, simply amazing the amount of grip and stability. Very easy to drive and get the power down. Had to make sure I had SH tires installed it was so good. Normal rear heavy MR issues, some very minor understeer on entry when pushing too far and deep into the corner. Minor exit oversteer on faster corners. Great tune with one disappointment was the lap time as it felt much faster than I achieved. Best lap of 1:36.041

On to Spa
This tune gave me confidence, knowing how far I could push it and what I was able to do with it. Again, gobs of grip begging to be pushed further. Great turn in and mid corner rotation, with a hint of easily managed exit oversteer. Great under braking, good LSD setup. Wonderful tune, just don't blitz corners like you have racing tires on it. Grip will not fail if driving hard, but not if driven insane. Best lap of 2.39.999.

In the running for favorite of the month, but I still have a few more to go. Paint Meteorite Silver from Viper GTS, install rear wing and Rays 57Xtreme +1 inch rims. Stunning! :crazy::eek:
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed the tune. I am looking forward to seeing which tune is your favourite come the end of the month now. :)

@shaunm80
Lotus Evora '09

PP = 500
Max Power 342bhp
Weight 1200
Weight Dist 43/57
Tyres - Sports Hard tuned but works well on Sports Soft

Aero Parts.
Aero Part A
Custom Wing A
Inch Up 1 Wheels

Oil Change

FC Sus
F/R
90/90
7.50 / 13.50
5/5
4/4
2/5
Camber 1.0 / 0.5
Toe -0.04 / 0.08
Racing Brakes
BB 7/5

FC Trans
Set final to 5000
max speed to 112mph
1st 2.850
2nd 2.206
3rd 1.789
4th 1.470
5th 1.248
6th 1.093
final géar to 2.850

LSD FC
10/14/6
Triple clutch

(If using sports soft tyres, initial torque can be raised to 12 to allow for extra grip available)

Power 95%
Engine Tuning stage 1
sports computer
sports exhaust

Downforce set at 15
Ballast 48kg @ -50
Weight reduction - Stage 2
Carbon Bonnet

View attachment 111845

Ok so here's your review. Now before I start, I need to know one thing. Being this was only your 8th posted tune in your garage, how in the world did you manage a FITT style tune while most of your tunes were made using tc1? What I mean is, this tune is from way back, yet, the tuning style seems much more modern for you in terms of the cars handling and overall performance. A few of the older tunes of yours sometimes feel so grippy they are almost boring to drive to the limit because you almost can't break the tail free. Please don't read me wrong here, your tunes are all pretty awesome, but as far as your older tunes go this tune is probably one of the best ones I've tried so far. :)
Now that Thats out of the way, on to the review...
I didn't get the numbers to match perfectly because I didn't change the oil but, I did apply the same parts and with a little tweaking of the transmission numbers, I was able to match them to get the proper gearing. Like Mr. Muscle, (there, I said it :D) I went to the Tour of Europe to get testing started. I'm going to lump both track reviews together because the car handles pretty much the same at both tracks.
Right away I noticed this cars attitude. It demands to be driven as the bad @$$ it was created to be or the back end will try to overtake and ruin your life. (A little dramatic maybe?) Turn one at BH can be taken surprisingly fast if the line is right. The rear overtaking the front at high speed was a good method I found to make that turn count and save me around a half second per lap if properly executed. The brakes felt good at both tracks and had just enough front bias to allow proper rotation in to a turn and blended with the lsd decel almost flawlessly. The transmission and limited slip worked well for me also. The mid corner grip while on throttle on SH was plenty to stay planted easily if I wanted and could brake the back free if I wanted as well. Overall I had a great few races at Brands Hatch and at Spa and tons of fun at each. I'm glad this tune made it in to this thread. I think a lot of people could have fun with this style tune. Very well done

@shaunm80

Ok so here's your review. Now before I start, I need to know one thing. Being this was only your 8th posted tune in your garage, how in the world did you manage a FITT style tune while most of your tunes were made using tc1? What I mean is, this tune is from way back, yet, the tuning style seems much more modern for you in terms of the cars handling and overall performance. A few of the older tunes of yours sometimes feel so grippy they are almost boring to drive to the limit because you almost can't break the tail free. Please don't read me wrong here, your tunes are all pretty awesome, but as far as your older tunes go this tune is probably one of the best ones I've tried so far. :)
Now that Thats out of the way, on to the review...
I didn't get the numbers to match perfectly because I didn't change the oil but, I did apply the same parts and with a little tweaking of the transmission numbers, I was able to match them to get the proper gearing. Like Mr. Muscle, (there, I said it :D) I went to the Tour of Europe to get testing started. I'm going to lump both track reviews together because the car handles pretty much the same at both tracks.
Right away I noticed this cars attitude. It demands to be driven as the bad @$$ it was created to be or the back end will try to overtake and ruin your life. (A little dramatic maybe?) Turn one at BH can be taken surprisingly fast if the line is right. The rear overtaking the front at high speed was a good method I found to make that turn count and save me around a half second per lap if properly executed. The brakes felt good at both tracks and had just enough front bias to allow proper rotation in to a turn and blended with the lsd decel almost flawlessly. The transmission and limited slip worked well for me also. The mid corner grip while on throttle on SH was plenty to stay planted easily if I wanted and could brake the back free if I wanted as well. Overall I had a great few races at Brands Hatch and at Spa and tons of fun at each. I'm glad this tune made it in to this thread. I think a lot of people could have fun with this style tune. Very well done
Thanks for the great review. This tune might not have been in my first group of tunes as my old garage stopped working correctly after a month or so. When that happened, I had to copy and paste all the tunes across to a new garage so it was tuned a good time before Exeter GT Tuning garage was created. I rearranged them a little to make the garage seem more presentable. If you find Tuning Garage of VFC at any point, that will be the order in which I published my first bunch of tunes :)

As for FITT tuning, I tune with ABS 1 only because they are the rules. As for my garage, TCS 1 is my default tuning aid as it is much easier to make the cars behave like I want them too. Most people find that my tunes work well with TCS 0 anyway so it doesn't seem to affect the overall tune it appears.

Most of my older tunes were very safe as that is where I started. My FITT Mini is one of those tunes but I learnt quickly that for FITT, you have to go outside your box sometimes to find a compromise that every tester will enjoy. I think you will understand this better than most now given your first win with the last FITT event. :)

Last edited:
22482561660_b6368915e6_c.jpg

Evora '09

Paint: Inferno Orange Metallic
Rims: Ray's 57Xtreme inch +1

PP: 500
HP: 477
WEIGHT: 1148kg
WEIGHT DIST: 43:57
TIRE(S): Sports:Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - Custom Wing - A-C-F, Hgt+0, Wdt+0
Flat Floor - No
Other - Inferno Orange Calipers

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 95 / 105
SPRINGS - 5.50 / 12.00
COMP - 5 / 7
EXT - 7 / 6
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.20 / 0.25
BRAKES - 5 / 6

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 4.000
2ND - 2.525
3RD - 1.905
4TH - 1.530
5TH - 1.265
6TH - 1.080
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.200
(^^^Adjust for top speed here)

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 25

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Standard
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - NO
POWER LIMITER - 100%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 60kg @ -35
DOWNFORCE - 0 / 20

NOTE: Not as happy with it as I was with the 500pp version, but not bad. It's got a feisty attitude, be gentle and it will reward you.
@Bowtie-muscle, dude, I think I need to create awareness here :odd: so I'm just going to have to come right out and say it. I think you have a knack for tuning :bowdown:. There. I said it. Just in case someone who hasn't tried one of your tunes from your garage yet might be apprehensive about it don't be. You stated "Not as happy with it as I was with the 500pp version, but not bad". That, sir, is an overstatement if I've ever heard one 👍. The only thing your 500pp tune has over this one is the fact that it is more manageable with less power. Don't sell yourself short here. Or ever. Remember, "with great power comes great responsibility":lol:. Seriously, well done.
I decided to try to throw this one through a loop (literally).
I loaded up and headed off to the magical world of PDland to race against cars rarely seen in their natural habitats, a track. That's right, International B 650pp SS or less Tuned Car Festival; Race 3-Cape Ring. This car matched the lineup perfectly with the red paint, black spoiler, rays wheels, and (my own preference), carbon hood. Now I was a little concerned at first with the fact that I would be 100pp under the leaders, but that melted away by the end of lap 1 when I could see the Red Devil in the lead.
The turn in on this ride is stunning. It feels like it has a lot more sensitivity than mine. It is very easy to manage the bit of oversteer in every turn. Once I did a few laps around the ring, I realized I was pushing nearly 120mph without spinning out. Lots of tire noise, yes, but no smoke :) . The weight bias toward the rear reminded me of a suped up version of @shaunm80 tune. Easy to control the tail slide. Very well done. The transmission was also in good order with me as a AT user. The acceleration was pretty spot on in low gears without much fear of roasting if trying to catch up if I made a mistake. LSD seemed a little high given the stiff rear springs, but not an issue because it exits like a rocket. Brake balance, like Shauns, matched the decel rather well and made late brake slamming and sliding to entry a breeze if I really need the brake power. I really like this tune. Nice job!!👍

Edit: @Bowtie-muscle just for good measure, and since I only posted your 550 review for one track, I figured I'd take a stab at the same event with your 500 tune. Result: an easy win! Granted, the Aspec AI are kinda weak in career mode, but a win at a 150pp deficit is not too shabby. Especially with the same rabbits, a clean race, and 1st place before lap 2/2. Again, well done

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle, dude, I think I need to create awareness here :odd: so I'm just going to have to come right out and say it. I think you have a knack for tuning :bowdown:. There. I said it. Just in case someone who hasn't tried one of your tunes from your garage yet might be apprehensive about it don't be. You stated "Not as happy with it as I was with the 500pp version, but not bad". That, sir, is an overstatement if I've ever heard one 👍. The only thing your 500pp tune has over this one is the fact that it is more manageable with less power. Don't sell yourself short here. Or ever. Remember, "with great power comes great responsibility":lol:. Seriously, well done.
I decided to try to throw this one through a loop (literally).
I loaded up and headed off to the magical world of PDland to race against cars rarely seen in their natural habitats, a track. That's right, International B 650pp SS or less Tuned Car Festival; Race 3-Cape Ring. This car matched the lineup perfectly with the red paint, black spoiler, rays wheels, and (my own preference), carbon hood. Now I was a little concerned at first with the fact that I would be 100pp under the leaders, but that melted away by the end of lap 1 when I could see the Red Devil in the lead.
The turn in on this ride is stunning. It feels like it has a lot more sensitivity than mine. It is very easy to manage the bit of oversteer in every turn. Once I did a few laps around the ring, I realized I was pushing nearly 120mph without spinning out. Lots of tire noise, yes, but no smoke :) . The weight bias toward the rear reminded me of a suped up version of @shaunm80 tune. Easy to control the tail slide. Very well done. The transmission was also in good order with me as a AT user. The acceleration was pretty spot on in low gears without much fear of roasting if trying to catch up if I made a mistake. LSD seemed a little high given the stiff rear springs, but not an issue because it exits like a rocket. Brake balance, like Shauns, matched the decel rather well and made late brake slamming and sliding to entry a breeze if I really need the brake power. I really like this tune. Nice job!!👍
Wow :embarrassed: just Wow :eek:, and I thought it was a little too much of a handful. I'm overwhelmed that you enjoyed it. 👍 :dopey:

Now I only wish PD had allowed a flat floor on this car, then it might make it totally awesome. Was one of my original thoughts many months ago when I built the 500pp tune. But, not available.:grumpy:
Still, could be up to taking down race cars though.;)

Thanks for the review.:D

Wow :embarrassed: just Wow :eek:, and I thought it was a little too much of a handful. I'm overwhelmed that you enjoyed it. 👍 :dopey:

Now I only wish PD had allowed a flat floor on this car, then it might make it totally awesome. Was one of my original thoughts many months ago when I built the 500pp tune. But, not available.:grumpy:
Still, could be up to taking down race cars though.;)

Thanks for the review.:D
Flat floor could be a good option for in line speed, which would be awesome, but I wish they could represented front aero with actual downforce. Or at least made the rear stronger to help it be more predictable. Be that as it may, it is what it is. A very fun tune any way you look at it. (Enter cat skinning comment here, @Pete05 :lol:). Well done sir. I just hope you approve of my method used to open up this fiesty flower. :cheers:

Flat floor could be a good option for in line speed, which would be awesome, but I wish they could represented front aero with actual downforce. Or at least made the rear stronger to help it be more predictable. Be that as it may, it is what it is. A very fun tune any way you look at it. (Enter cat skinning comment here, @Pete05 :lol:). Well done sir. I just hope you approve of my method used to open up this fiesty flower. :cheers:
Been busy, but yours are up next :sly:

So the next victim....err..I mean contestant up is @TheInfamousJEW6 with his (her?) 500pp tune. I went out to buy a 3rd one, as the car is fun/affordable enough for me to keep all the tune tabs full of CotM entries. This time I went for that yellowish color they call Isotope Green since I already have Laser Blue and Canyon.
So, I went the other way with this one. Bowtie added aero and changed oil, I did not...yet. I might make this car my oil change car but, at the time of testing I tested it as is.
I went a slightly different route with this one. I decided to do National A 500pp SS or less NA Sport Series race 1 at Silverstone, then went to IB Tour of Europe to go to Spa again, because this car really seems to like that track with all the ones I've tried so far.
After reading reviews and trying your FITT car against my own, I had a certain expectation of how this car would respond to me behind the ds3. The first right hander at Silverstone is all I needed to see how this was gonna play out. Luckily, I braked early enough to rocket through the turn with ease. The rest of the laps played as well as I expected from a podium finisher (congrats for that by the way. Your FT concept is a great car and you deserved it). It had a bit of understeer which is manageable, but will push you off track if you come in too hot. The transmission and soft tail let me get the power to the road with almost no wheelspin at all. The transmission could be shorter however. I never really got in to 6th gear at either track, so I adjusted the final gear to 3.900, I believe. The brakes were plenty powerful to bring the car to a stop with minimal tire squeel and perfectly balanced as to not over rotate in to a turn or to straighten up too tightly to miss my mark :bowdown:. Not to sound negative by any means, but the LSD settings are a little weak matched with the soft rear springs :boggled:. It makes the exit speed very good because I can go full throttle before I even reach the apex, but doesn't allow that characteristic exit spin and tail slide that some of the others have. The heavy ballast at the nose is what really makes this car stand apart, though. You somehow managed an incredibly grippy SH tune that feels like it has a 50/50 weight distribution:eek:. The overall balance and grip of the car is superb and I am pretty impressed at the overall flow of the tune. Nice job, sir 👍. I did however made a couple very slight adjustments to suit my driving style after the testing was done. I'm not sure if it would make it easier to drive in your already fast hands or not. I upped the lsd initial to 12, and added rear camber to 1.0. That's it. I knocked 1.2 secs off of my time in a 3 lap race at Spa. Thanks again! :)

So the next victim....err..I mean contestant up is @TheInfamousJEW6 with his (her?) 500pp tune. I went out to buy a 3rd one, as the car is fun/affordable enough for me to keep all the tune tabs full of CotM entries. This time I went for that yellowish color they call Isotope Green since I already have Laser Blue and Canyon.
So, I went the other way with this one. Bowtie added aero and changed oil, I did not...yet. I might make this car my oil change car but, at the time of testing I tested it as is.
I went a slightly different route with this one. I decided to do National A 500pp SS or less NA Sport Series race 1 at Silverstone, then went to IB Tour of Europe to go to Spa again, because this car really seems to like that track with all the ones I've tried so far.
After reading reviews and trying your FITT car against my own, I had a certain expectation of how this car would respond to me behind the ds3. The first right hander at Silverstone is all I needed to see how this was gonna play out. Luckily, I braked early enough to rocket through the turn with ease. The rest of the laps played as well as I expected from a podium finisher (congrats for that by the way. Your FT concept is a great car and you deserved it). It had a bit of understeer which is manageable, but will push you off track if you come in too hot. The transmission and soft tail let me get the power to the road with almost no wheelspin at all. The transmission could be shorter however. I never really got in to 6th gear at either track, so I adjusted the final gear to 3.900, I believe. The brakes were plenty powerful to bring the car to a stop with minimal tire squeel and perfectly balanced as to not over rotate in to a turn or to straighten up too tightly to miss my mark :bowdown:. Not to sound negative by any means, but the LSD settings are a little weak matched with the soft rear springs :boggled:. It makes the exit speed very good because I can go full throttle before I even reach the apex, but doesn't allow that characteristic exit spin and tail slide that some of the others have. The heavy ballast at the nose is what really makes this car stand apart, though. You somehow managed an incredibly grippy SH tune that feels like it has a 50/50 weight distribution:eek:. The overall balance and grip of the car is superb and I am pretty impressed at the overall flow of the tune. Nice job, sir 👍. I did however made a couple very slight adjustments to suit my driving style after the testing was done. I'm not sure if it would make it easier to drive in your already fast hands or not. I upped the lsd initial to 12, and added rear camber to 1.0. That's it. I knocked 1.2 secs off of my time in a 3 lap race at Spa. Thanks again! :)

Thank you very much sir! :D Your review flatters me! Glad you enjoyed running it around Silverstone and Spa. I was trying to get as much grip out of it as possible as I find the MR and RR platforms SO overly tail happy that I can't keep 'em straight on exit! :lol: I will definitely try your changes and see how I like it! Thanks again for taking the time to review these tunes! :cheers:
P. S. It's Mr. Infamous ;)

@TheInfamousJEW6 You're welcome, Sir Infamous. You ready for the 550pp review? Me too. I took this one too Cape Ring just like Bowtie's, since that's where the pic was shot. I figured it had a good chance to thrive there. I was right! It really and I mean REALLY likes it here :eek: ! Very fast in this track considering the SM tire choice. It felt like I had SS tires throughout the race. Here's what I found....
This felt like a scratch tune compared to the 500pp version. Though some of the values are the same, the changes you made to accommodate the pp/tire difference are spot on :) . This thing flies around the track with no real complaint from me at all. The balance and weight transfer seem near perfect. All the positives from your 500 tune still hold true with this setup with the added bonus of speed and that extra rotation I mentioned in the previous review. Just for fun, I took it to the Aspec Matterhorn Dristolen British Lightweight event on SH. Ya know, for sh:censored:s and giggles. Though it likes to slide a bit and isn't a fan of the rumble strips, it came out an easy winner with no major flaws. The entry speed had to be scrubbed a bit to avoid spinning past the apex, and throttle management is a must with the harder compound, but the thrill of the car/track combo was exciting to say the least. It handles everything you throw at it and seems to recover easily on hard or medium tires, granted the slip is still recoverable. All in all, it is a good tune as well. Just for funs, I slapped on some SS and made the same minor adjustments, 12 accel and 1.0 rear camber, and jetted back to Cape Ring just to see how it faired to the other 550s I've tried there. Its less noticeable on this one but still managed to improve laptime and stability a bit by my own (terrible) driving standards. Thanks again for a fun tune! :P
Edit: oops! Forgot the tag :dunce:

@TheInfamousJEW6 You're welcome, Sir Infamous. You ready for the 550pp review? Me too. I took this one too Cape Ring just like Bowtie's, since that's where the pic was shot. I figured it had a good chance to thrive there. I was right! It really and I mean REALLY likes it here :eek: ! Very fast in this track considering the SM tire choice. It felt like I had SS tires throughout the race. Here's what I found....
This felt like a scratch tune compared to the 500pp version. Though some of the values are the same, the changes you made to accommodate the pp/tire difference are spot on :) . This thing flies around the track with no real complaint from me at all. The balance and weight transfer seem near perfect. All the positives from your 500 tune still hold true with this setup with the added bonus of speed and that extra rotation I mentioned in the previous review. Just for fun, I took it to the Aspec Matterhorn Dristolen British Lightweight event on SH. Ya know, for sh:censored:s and giggles. Though it likes to slide a bit and isn't a fan of the rumble strips, it came out an easy winner with no major flaws. The entry speed had to be scrubbed a bit to avoid spinning past the apex, and throttle management is a must with the harder compound, but the thrill of the car/track combo was exciting to say the least. It handles everything you throw at it and seems to recover easily on hard or medium tires, granted the slip is still recoverable. All in all, it is a good tune as well. Just for funs, I slapped on some SS and made the same minor adjustments, 12 accel and 1.0 rear camber, and jetted back to Cape Ring just to see how it faired to the other 550s I've tried there. Its less noticeable on this one but still managed to improve laptime and stability a bit by my own (terrible) driving standards. Thanks again for a fun tune! :P
Edit: oops! Forgot the tag :dunce:

Yeah I fell head over heels for the 550pp tune! This car was just begging for a bit more power in 500pp form. Once again great review! Thanks! :cheers:

@Burned_Rubber Evora 500pp review:
"The Mullet Bullet"

Only one issue with building the tune:rolleyes:
  • Could not find BNS rims so used BBS :sly:
On to the British Lightweights- Madrid
Wanted to do something different, so why not to a tight city road course (I really don't like some of them by the way, prefer open race tracks) and competition with more (supposedly anyway:dopey:) nimble cars. Lightweight Rocket and Caterham out front and a field full of Elise models. Could this not so light weight keep up? Of course it could.
Nice and easy ..... to drive that is. Good rotation in slow corners and flows the the quicker ones. Easy to get the power down and blow past the wanna-bies. Taking down the AI was never really in doubt, the handling was but was quickly put to rest. Trans and LSD made tackling the track a breeze, with only the rotary being a minor issue. Rear would job out on brake release, but it might have helped had I adjusted the brakes to your setting and upgraded to racing :dunce:. Even with standard brakes, this car got slowed down and managed flawlessly. Best lap was 1:33.355.;)

Now for something a little more comfortable, Spa event in Tour of Europe.
And time to take down some stronger competition. And this tune was just the way I like them, stable and smooth, yet fast with tons of grip even on SH tires. Only issues here were caused by driver error :guilty:. Does what you want and how, point it there and it goes. Some rear stepping out of course, but not like you would expect from an MR. Just don't over drive entry (dah!) and be careful not to tickle the curbs with a rear tire at the wrong time, watch out for the grass as well. Keep it on track, and it will satisfy. Best lap was 2:38.813.

Great job indeed, from the most recent FITT winner. Well done here too, great job taming this baby.👍

"High and Tight"

Time to show off my driving prowess (or lack there of :irked:), or the bad PD AI. :lol:

Tighter, stiffer suspension and an installed rear wing. Looks like a touring car if you add a number on the door 💡.
So why not get crazy (brave or stupid is more like it) and try a real challenge. So I took it to the 550pp World Touring Car Championship, Mt Panorama. Not my best track by a long shot, but one I enjoy when I can keep it on the track. Not knowing your tune and how the changes would work, should make this interesting. Lower rear ride height had me a tad concerned it would be super loose, but never really experienced that. The real challenge came from being under powered-less grip from the tires (kept SS on)-and from lack of downforce. Yes, an option to add some front would be welcomed as would just a touch more in the rear. But, anyway, on we go. This was great fun and the tune made it so. Plenty of grip, not quite RH but enough. Good setup on the LSD and trans made it comparable with all it's short comings compared to the field. Would eat them alive in the uphill and down hill section, but was not really powerful enough to compete on the long straights. Did, however, manage to get closer to the leaders with every lap. That is, until lap 4 when I had my now famous blunder in my least favorite turn. Quick cut across the grass and back to work. But it was enough to cost me a chance at catching the rabbit BMWs. Really good tune, handling was fantastic, and finished in a respectable 3rd place, 5.097 seconds behind, with a best lap of 2:18.479. Perhaps a touch more power would have made things closer, but I really enjoyed chasing them.

How about Grand Valley Speedway? Should have a punchers chance there right?

Well, mission accomplished..........just barely though.

22420248424_d44143ac0d_z.jpg[

This was a little rocket itself here, cutting down the AI with ease and making my way to the front. Handling was even better here as well. Nothing at all to complain about, as I was thoroughly satisfied with every aspect of the tune. Well, maybe 2nd could have been a little shorter to give me just a touch more accel out of corners, but as it was I was able to get on the gas a touch quicker and feel safe. Minor push on entry just before the second tunnel but likely from me entering too deep. Every lap the gap got smaller and smaller, and this time I made no mistakes. Caught the leaders just before the end of lap 4, passed them entering turn 1. Did I really say no mistakes? Well maybe one, passing them in turn 1 and going off because I broke too late. No matter, was in the lead again before the hairpin. Beemer Boys must not have been happy however, as they were all over me like bees to honey. Several times on my bumper or door to door, causing a good fight to the end. I did get a great (flatout) run through the final corner and beat them to the line. By a mere 0.082 I might add. Another 100 yards and I may have finished second. Best lap was just under 2:00, with a 1:59.152. What great fun, and great effort from you with this tune. I highly suggest you (and others) try this challenge. The tune is up for it, and will pleasantly surprise that its not on racing tires. Well done, very well done. I enjoyed this, @shaunm80 might want to hear that though :scared: as this is also in the running for my favorite of the month. :D

"High and Tight"

Time to show off my driving prowess (or lack there of :irked:), or the bad PD AI. :lol:

Tighter, stiffer suspension and an installed rear wing. Looks like a touring car if you add a number on the door 💡.
So why not get crazy (brave or stupid is more like it) and try a real challenge. So I took it to the 550pp World Touring Car Championship, Mt Panorama. Not my best track by a long shot, but one I enjoy when I can keep it on the track. Not knowing your tune and how the changes would work, should make this interesting. Lower rear ride height had me a tad concerned it would be super loose, but never really experienced that. The real challenge came from being under powered-less grip from the tires (kept SS on)-and from lack of downforce. Yes, an option to add some front would be welcomed as would just a touch more in the rear. But, anyway, on we go. This was great fun and the tune made it so. Plenty of grip, not quite RH but enough. Good setup on the LSD and trans made it comparable with all it's short comings compared to the field. Would eat them alive in the uphill and down hill section, but was not really powerful enough to compete on the long straights. Did, however, manage to get closer to the leaders with every lap. That is, until lap 4 when I had my now famous blunder in my least favorite turn. Quick cut across the grass and back to work. But it was enough to cost me a chance at catching the rabbit BMWs. Really good tune, handling was fantastic, and finished in a respectable 3rd place, 5.097 seconds behind, with a best lap of 2:18.479. Perhaps a touch more power would have made things closer, but I really enjoyed chasing them.

How about Grand Valley Speedway? Should have a punchers chance there right?

Well, mission accomplished..........just barely though.

22420248424_d44143ac0d_z.jpg[

This was a little rocket itself here, cutting down the AI with ease and making my way to the front. Handling was even better here as well. Nothing at all to complain about, as I was thoroughly satisfied with every aspect of the tune. Well, maybe 2nd could have been a little shorter to give me just a touch more accel out of corners, but as it was I was able to get on the gas a touch quicker and feel safe. Minor push on entry just before the second tunnel but likely from me entering too deep. Every lap the gap got smaller and smaller, and this time I made no mistakes. Caught the leaders just before the end of lap 4, passed them entering turn 1. Did I really say no mistakes? Well maybe one, passing them in turn 1 and going off because I broke too late. No matter, was in the lead again before the hairpin. Beemer Boys must not have been happy however, as they were all over me like bees to honey. Several times on my bumper or door to door, causing a good fight to the end. I did get a great (flatout) run through the final corner and beat them to the line. By a mere 0.082 I might add. Another 100 yards and I may have finished second. Best lap was just under 2:00, with a 1:59.152. What great fun, and great effort from you with this tune. I highly suggest you (and others) try this challenge. The tune is up for it, and will pleasantly surprise that its not on racing tires. Well done, very well done. I enjoyed this, @shaunm80 might want to hear that though :scared: as this is also in the running for my favorite of the month. :D
:scared: oh dear... Hide @Burned_Rubber and hide well. I do not like this news at all. :lol:

Thanks for the fantastic reviews Bowtie! I really enjoy your reviews, especially the recap of your races. To be honest, I'm a little surprised the High and Tight worked out at MP, given the short transmission but hey, fun is fun, right? I'm going to have a go at the touring car races next time I'm on. Sounds like fun! :D Thanks again!

So this is the first time I actually tune a car to run at 500pp on Sports Hard. I'm not sure how these cars are meant to be run but I just tried to develop a clean and controlled driving style, then did changes that in my opinion increased the car's turning speed with the limited grip. I managed to reduce my laptimes by over 2 seconds over the past week, so I figured I should try submitting this one (even if there is still room for improvement). I went for a little less weight because the car felt like it was losing on corner exit, the way it is now it really works around tighter courses like Trial. I also ran Midfield Reverse, which worked great too, after some getting used to the circuit I had no trouble pushing the car.

viotunes '09 evora

ofr7sqk.jpg

Performance Points - 500
Max. Power (HP) - 343
Max. Torque (ft-lb) - 291
Weight (kg) - 1158
Power-to-Weight Ratio (kg/HP) - 4,57
Oil Change - N
Body Rigidity - N
Wheels - Sports Hard

Body
Downforce
- 0/0
Ballast Weight - 55
Ballast Position - -50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Hood - Standard
Windows - Standard

Power
Power Limiter
- 99.9%
Engine Tuning - Standard
Computer - Sports
Exhaust - Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold - Standard
Catalytic Converter - Standard
Intake - Tuned
Turbo Kit - N/A
Supercharger - N/A
N2O - Standard

Fully Customizable Transmission
Transmission Flip Initial Final
- max.
Max. Speed (auto set) - min.
1st Gear - 2.795
2nd Gear - 2.093
3rd Gear - 1.659
4th Gear - 1.346
5th Gear - 1.137
6th Gear - 0.993
7th Gear - N/A
8th Gear - N/A
Final Gear - 3.372

Fully Customizable Suspension
Ride Height
- 99/91
Spring Rate - 5,90/7,54
Dampers (Compression) - 4/5
Dampers (Extension) - 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars - 3/3
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle - -0.31/0.10
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 6/3

Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
Initial Torque
- 19/0
Acceleration Sensitivity - 13/0
Braking Sensitivity -16/0
Clutch & Flywheel - Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft - Standard
Front/Rear Torque Split - N/A

Notes

I am not 100% sure, but all the settings should match without an oil change, if they don't then apologies in advance, I don't always remember if I've done one or not. If you have the right parts installed and you're at 500pp, it should be possible to set the transmission to these values.
Anyway, the car feels and looks loose in the rear, but that makes it feel like it can turn better. I've also achieved some better laptimes with this setup than I did with the one I had last week, so I thought this might be the way to go. The feel of the car is kept pretty default, I tried to stop it from being boring but also keep it drivable. It never spins out on me, only on midfield when I hit the curbs after trying to take a corner atrociously like an amateur.
Room for improvement here definitely, but I wanted to submit it as it is to get some opinions.
Tuned with ABS1

Last edited:
Blue Strike

Tyres : Sport Hard

Horsepower : 352 PS
Torque : 403 Nm

Weight : 1210 ; 117kg of ballast at -50 position

Weight distribution : 46/54
Power Limiter : 100 %

500 PP

Parts :

Paint : Persian Blue

Install :
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Isometric Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sport
Customizable Suspension Kit
Customizable LSD
Customizable Transmission
Double Clutch Kit
Racing Brake

The Setup :

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 98 93
Spring Rate: 8.40 14.20
Dampers (Compression): 4 6
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.03 0.15

Transmission :

Set to default
Adjust final gear to 4.000
Move the max speed to 210km/h
1st. 3.800
2nd. 2.650
3rd. 1.870
4th. 1.520
5th. 1.280
6th. 1.000

Final gear. 3.200

LSD

Initial Torque : 5 /
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27 /
Braking Sensitivity: 27 /

Brake Balance

2/3
@lBt_33 here is your review good sir.

Blue Strike

First, I wanna let you know that the skill it takes to drive this beast quickly is a little beyond my skill level to really take advantage of all the great aspects of this tune. It seemed obvious to me after a few turns that you tuned this on a wheel with MT. I myself had quite the adventure trying to get used to it, being a ds3 user x go □ stop and AT. But I gave it a spin (literally, more than a few times :lol: ) and had a blast doing so. If I would have named it, probably would've been Straight Jacket, because it's a real loon and you have to be crazy to take this car to it's limit with a ds3 :) .
Anywhoo, so this car and I got to know rather quickly what each of us expected from the other. I wanted clean entry and fast exit, and he wanted to be a drifter :boggled:. After a couple of runs at Silverstone Race of NA Sports, we came to an agreement. I wouldn't push on corner entry, and he wouldn't pull on exit. As it turns out, the slow in fast out method is perfect for this tune, as long as your throttle control is perfectly even through mid corner. The LSD accel seems a bit high for my own liking, but was able to manage the wheelspin if I really concentrate on my inputs. The suspension and brakes are very good. I didn't have much trouble with weight shift or balance once I got the exit oversteer under control. Actually, the weight transferred very well as I didn't notice any skipping or jittering as the car made its way on and off throttle. The tranny seemed odd at first glance, but it suited the track just fine. As a matter of fact, most of Brands Hatch was 3rd-4th gears and helped eliminate a lot of the wheelspin though most of the track. I was able to win with ease on both tracks as I learned how he wanted to be driven.
Phase II : I wanted to try something to make it a little easier on myself and other ds3 users alike. I tried a few options. TC1? Nope. That remedied some spin in 1st, but not any higher gears. Reduce lsd accel? Nope. Caused unwanted understeer mid corner. The answer had been starting me in the face the whole time. SS tires? YEP!! This made almost all the difference. The tune remained stable and fast. The only thing I would've changed with softer tires would've been to add more rear camber. Soft tires brings out more (snap oversteer? ) sudden loss of rear grip. Camber would make the grip loss more gradual and a bit easier to catch and recover.
It is, imo, a good fast tune that is reserved for more skilled drivers than myself, or wheelers. Nice job! Thanks for letting me test my skills on such a needle point tune! :cheers:

@lBt_33 here is your review good sir.

Blue Strike

First, I wanna let you know that the skill it takes to drive this beast quickly is a little beyond my skill level to really take advantage of all the great aspects of this tune. It seemed obvious to me after a few turns that you tuned this on a wheel with MT. I myself had quite the adventure trying to get used to it, being a ds3 user x go □ stop and AT. But I gave it a spin (literally, more than a few times :lol: ) and had a blast doing so. If I would have named it, probably would've been Straight Jacket, because it's a real loon and you have to be crazy to take this car to it's limit with a ds3 :) .
Anywhoo, so this car and I got to know rather quickly what each of us expected from the other. I wanted clean entry and fast exit, and he wanted to be a drifter :boggled:. After a couple of runs at Silverstone Race of NA Sports, we came to an agreement. I wouldn't push on corner entry, and he wouldn't pull on exit. As it turns out, the slow in fast out method is perfect for this tune, as long as your throttle control is perfectly even through mid corner. The LSD accel seems a bit high for my own liking, but was able to manage the wheelspin if I really concentrate on my inputs. The suspension and brakes are very good. I didn't have much trouble with weight shift or balance once I got the exit oversteer under control. Actually, the weight transferred very well as I didn't notice any skipping or jittering as the car made its way on and off throttle. The tranny seemed odd at first glance, but it suited the track just fine. As a matter of fact, most of Brands Hatch was 3rd-4th gears and helped eliminate a lot of the wheelspin though most of the track. I was able to win with ease on both tracks as I learned how he wanted to be driven.
Phase II : I wanted to try something to make it a little easier on myself and other ds3 users alike. I tried a few options. TC1? Nope. That remedied some spin in 1st, but not any higher gears. Reduce lsd accel? Nope. Caused unwanted understeer mid corner. The answer had been starting me in the face the whole time. SS tires? YEP!! This made almost all the difference. The tune remained stable and fast. The only thing I would've changed with softer tires would've been to add more rear camber. Soft tires brings out more (snap oversteer? ) sudden loss of rear grip. Camber would make the grip loss more gradual and a bit easier to catch and recover.
It is, imo, a good fast tune that is reserved for more skilled drivers than myself, or wheelers. Nice job! Thanks for letting me test my skills on such a needle point tune! :cheers:
Thanks for reviewing other's tunes, I still have a few to get to including your 550pp tune. I will be away until Saturday evening, so will not be able to update tunes or reviews but will when I return.

Looking forward to testing the others.

Thanks for reviewing other's tunes, I still have a few to get to including your 550pp tune. I will be away until Saturday evening, so will not be able to update tunes or reviews but will when I return.

Looking forward to testing the others.
You are more than welcome :). I just wish more people would jump in and test these tunes every month. I appreciate the work you put in to these threads so I decided to do some testing with you when I have a few extra moments. It's a lot of fun to see what other tuners consider a good tune and most of the tuners will usually have the decency to say "thanks".
I look forward to what you think of my 550 version.

I would test all of these tunes, I am just pretty bad at time management and currently adding GT related activities to my day would probably result in me giving even more way to my Gran Turismo 6 addiction, the game is starting to interfere with work already which really sucks. However, I'm down to start testing tunes whenever I have work sorted out to increase the momentum in Cotm.

Back