November: Car of the Month - Lotus Evora '09

@viotunes Lotus Evora 500pp review

I must say I was a little bit concerned while building this. The higher LSD and soft rear springs made me think this was going to have issues with sudden loss of rear grip. Once I got it built to spec, I was off to make my rounds at the usual tracks for this month-Brands Hatch, Spa and Silverstone. I gave all those tracks some Aspec time over the last few days and they all had the same thing in common. This tune is good. Really good. My initial fear of grip loss went away once I learned what the car wants. It wants to go fast. The suspension setup was pretty soft, but that made for good grip and decent rebound. Maybe a little faster than it needs to be, but I found the handling surprisingly neutral so it wasn't long before I found the breaking point at all of the tracks. Nice job on some very easy credit farming. Now, the real test. I decided to give it a try at Matterhorn to see what the elevation changes and strange braking points had to offer. Wow. This tune met all the criteria needed to pull off a win with two different rabbits. Race 1 was a game of catch up to Tweety (that's the Yellowbird, for those who aren't familiar). I was in 2nd place by the end of lap 3 of 4 and flubbed the last hard right (driver error :ouch:) at the bottom of the mountain and got passed by 3rd-6th on the last turn :mad: for a 7th place. You know I had to try again :mischievous:. Race 2 was a similar story but I pushed a little harder early on and discovered the grip loss limits at high speed...more than once :lol:. Anywhoo, I pulled off a win and had a best (yet sloppy) lap of 1:11s. Could be better with a wheel and manual transmission, but this served my button pushing AT using hands nicely. Could be in the 1:10s or better with enough laps. Just for funsies, I exited and re-entered for another rabbit. This time it was the F-40. The AI has really done something special to that car. With a stock tune I can't keep that thing on the road to save my life :scared:. The real battle started toward the end when I caught up to him in lap 4. What a jerk :irked:. I got side swiped and rammed through most of the lap, but still pulled a victory with a best lap here of 1:12. Without a stable tune as this, I don't think I would've made it out alive against him. Sorry for the damages, you can find the :censored:wad in the Ferrari at Dristolen. He'll take car of the repair bill for me. Thanks for a fun tune. I look forward to another from you soon.
Edit: corrected errors and gave thanks

Last edited:
@Burned_Rubber cheers man, glad you enjoyed it! Surprised it did well on these tracks, maybe making a tune on Trial isnt such a bad idea after all.

I'll try to testdrive tunes from this thread soon, the problem is that I'm ill and I don't think my driving will be up to scratch. Hang in there

Yeah, I think tuning onTM did well to suit Matterhorn. If you haven't tried there yet you should it really is a blast. ๐Ÿ‘
Regarding the test driving post I made earlier, I didn't mean to come off as negative by any means. As of the last few months at least, I've just noticed a lot of tunes being dropped off here with an expectation for @Bowtie-muscle to test it and leave them a review. If anyone has a chance to review the tunes that's awesome, but I just don't want to see great monthly threads like these go to waste if Bowtie starts feeling it as a chore rather than a joy for everyone. Maybe I'm out of line, sorry. He puts in a lot of time and effort to keep this alive and fun for everyone who wants to participate. I just want to help by posting reviews to keep the momentum going. :cheers:

Yeah, I think tuning onTM did well to suit Matterhorn. If you haven't tried there yet you should it really is a blast. ๐Ÿ‘
Regarding the test driving post I made earlier, I didn't mean to come off as negative by any means. As of the last few months at least, I've just noticed a lot of tunes being dropped off here with an expectation for @Bowtie-muscle to test it and leave them a review. If anyone has a chance to review the tunes that's awesome, but I just don't want to see great monthly threads like these go to waste if Bowtie starts feeling it as a chore rather than a joy for everyone. Maybe I'm out of line, sorry. He puts in a lot of time and effort to keep this alive and fun for everyone who wants to participate. I just want to help by posting reviews to keep the momentum going. :cheers:
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

@Bowtie-muscle, I do apologise, I had hoped to get a few more done before the end of the month but it seems it's upon us already :eek: where did the time go :crazy:

Anyway here's a couple I've managed to get to, with another 2 lots of notes to write up and 1 more car I want to test. I'll get these sorted over the week and get them up too ๐Ÿ‘

So without further ado...

@lBt_33
500pp SH test:

Notes: This was tested with a little power difference (due to previously done oil change, and with a wing on the tail (set to 5 for test) because the car was just sitting there in my garage with some free settings pages :guilty:

Tracks/races: Intermediate level non-racecar challenge at Matterhon Dristelen. finished 2nd behind D. Salazar in his GTO on the first go with a fastest lap of 1:12.441. It wasn't the car's fault as much as the driver a couple of times :guilty: and once when I got held up by some tourist in a Boss 302 being hounded by a guy in an M3 GTR :irked:

Impressions: This is the first time I've gotten round to trying one of your tunes. I know that you're pretty darn quick on track (well...on snow anyway :P) so I was quite interested in how this one was going to turn out :)

The car feels nice and balanced for the most part here, a bit on the very precise side up front, loads of grip for the turns but a bit too easy to turn in too sharp and cook the outside front :eek: (this was using DS3 and I'd not been awake long :lol:)) but once I'd woken up a bit and stopped driving like an idiot, there was no issues getting it round the race track/mountains. I know you're a wheel user and I can imagine this one will be a pretty good fit for a wheel ๐Ÿ‘ I find it only just a little on the sensetive side for my big fat thumbs and the throttle control that a DS3 stick and X-button will afford :odd: But I still felt comfortable enough to try and push harder with it, even if it didn't always work out (mostly my fault :guilty:)

I liked the LSD settings in this one, a good 2-way setup can work wonders for the MRs in GT6 and I'd say it was the perfect choice for this car ๐Ÿ‘ it helped maintain composure in the corners well and helped to get the power down coming out, what more could you ask for :) nice work ๐Ÿ‘

Got a fastest lap in the low 1:12.2xx range but could have been a bit quicker with smoother inputs and less cars in the way :) The tight left atop the hill was a little :scared: in this one, but only if I was trying to hard. MT users should be able to keep the higher gear and limit the wheel spin that will result from being too eager with the loud pedal :guilty:.

My only real complaint about this car would have to be the 4th gear....was there a 4th gear?:odd: The rest of the transmission seemed to work well, but for me in the first turn you either had to sit very high in 4th or low in 5th either way the car just seemed to lack the punch coming back up the hill. Don't suppose this was based on a IRL transmission too was it? :odd: Other than that minor issue, which could be entirely the fault of the driver and his cornering habits :mischevious: it did work pretty good ๐Ÿ‘

Overall this was a pretty good tune and a really fun drive. Still had the character of the Evora but made a little safer, I like it, nice work. I'll be keeping hold of this one to try out with the wheel at a later date (when I stop crashing soooo much with it :lol:)๐Ÿ‘ :cheers:

@Bowtie-muscle

So this is the animal that's a bit picky about who it eats then is it? :eek:...Oh, sorry my bad. That's picky about how it's driven! That's it OK then :embarresed: Hope she likes the way I'm going to be treating her then :mischevious:

Well, apparently she didn't seem to mind too much :) This isn't the first time I've tried out one of your tunes and it certainly isn't the first time I've found one to be pretty close to how I like em ๐Ÿ‘. It might just be down to me having had a few races round here already today, but then when you take almost 2 seconds off the fastest lap you've recorded so far with a 1:10.669, you really have to ask, was it me or the car? ( or, did that big nasty M3 GTR get past the Boss 302 and out of the way before I got to them :grumpy: :lol:) I'd say in this case it was the car ( I got passed the BMW before he caught the yank tank :P:tup:). The transmission was almost spot on for the track as far as top speed goes, it just started bouncing off the limiter near the foot of the hill before turn 1, but I can't complain too much about how it was set-up. The acceleration was good throughout and there was little cause for concern coming out the slower corners. Still not good enough to get the win though :irked:.....OK, I still wasn't good enough to get the win :guilty: I got a little careless chasing down 1st and 2nd (1st was the GTO '84, can't remember who I passed for 2nd :() and had a nasty spin that cost me a bit of time :embarresed: It should have taken the win comfortably but I didn't have time for a rematch, so I'll be taking this one back there before the seasonals change for some more fun :)
Thank you for a nice easy to drive fast tune for one of the special cars in GT6. Nice work dude:tup;:cheers:

@Burned_Rubber's 500SH "Mullet Bullet"

Took a few laps to get use to this one but once I did it was good fun round that mountain ๐Ÿ‘ Your's gets the first win at the seasonal race (although this is a different session with differemt cars in the field) passing the Yellow Bird coming out of the last tight corner on the last lap :)

Fastest lap in race was 1:11.470...then as I was going to start complaining about the transmission being too long :odd: and the gears not really doing much for me in the corners, I realised....Stupid me for got to install it :dopey: :banghead: :lol: So back to find the right settings then for a rematch :mischevious:

That went a bit better :D:tup: I wasn't able to beat the previous laptime due mostly to traffic in the wrong spots :( but the transmission definitely works a lot better the way you wanted it too :embarresed: and I got passed the RUF a couple of corners earlier this time too. This is a little rocket of a car, it can still get a little wild if you ask for too much but generally it was pretty well behaved.
Jumping back on the gas after a hard braking zone could be costly in the slower corners, mostly due to the extreme LSD settings I'd say, the braking sensetivity seems a little high to me, it doesn't really allow you to roll into the lower speed corners all to well and if for any reason you need to come off the throttle in a corner there's a big chance you're going to lose traction as the wheel speeds try to equalise :scared:, either then or when the wheels are allowed to break free on throttle re-application :eek:
This can cause a lot of issues in race conditions when there are other cars around and the enexpected can and does happen:ouch: Getting back on the throttle slightly before braking is done with can help minimise the issue for entry but mid corner, you take your chances.
On your own on track and in control you should be fine, this car will do some great times and put a smile on your face while doing it, but in a crowd (especially on-line with the less careful drivers :mischievous: ) things can get a bit squirrly at times.

This is definitely a car you need to be sure of your lines with or you could be if for a nasty surprise. Treat it as it wants to be and you will be well rewarded :)
I took it for a quick test round the same track in TT mode because I was sure I'd left a lot of time out there in the races. New fastest lap came in at 1:10.762 (in 4 laps), still may be a bit more there too :)๐Ÿ‘

Please don't take my comments about the LSD as an attack on your style :eek: It obviously works for you and it does get the job done. It's just that I've used similar methods myself before and found the issues I described above with a couple of them, I spent a lot of time trying various suspension tweaks to fix the problem then, but finally sourced the problem to be the LSD. I find that if there is that much of a difference between braking and accel settings (with braking being higher) there is more of a chance of some odd behaviour from the rear of the car in the corners, the slower ones especially :( I wouldn't say never use a higher braking, but I would strongly suggest that you shouldn't have such a disparity between the two. As I said in @IBt_33s review a good 2-way set-up is probably the best way to go with some of the more "difficult" MRs, it will keep the wheel speed difference into and out of the corner the same so there should be no unexpected traction loss between on-throttle and off-throttle situations, making for a somewhat safer driving experience :)

Overall I did really enjoy this car. Not exactly my cup of coffee, but still a pretty sweet drive and fast...like really fast :) Oh, and did I mention the transmission :odd: Spot on ๐Ÿ‘
This is some good work, and a very fast tune round here. Keep them coming :cheers:

Last edited:
@Burned_Rubber's 500SH "Mullet Bullet"

Took a few laps to get use to this one but once I did it was good fun round that mountain ๐Ÿ‘ Your's gets the first win at the seasonal race (although this is a different session with differemt cars in the field) passing the Yellow Bird coming out of the last tight corner on the last lap :)

Fastest lap in race was 1:11.470...then as I was going to start complaining about the transmission being too long :odd: and the gears not really doing much for me in the corners, I realised....Stupid me for got to install it :dopey: :banghead: :lol: So back to find the right settings then for a rematch :mischevious:

That went a bit better :D:tup: I wasn't able to beat the previous laptime due mostly to traffic in the wrong spots :( but the transmission definitely works a lot better the way you wanted it too :embarresed: and I got passed the RUF a couple of corners earlier this time too. This is a little rocket of a car, it can still get a little wild if you ask for too much but generally it was pretty well behaved.
Jumping back on the gas after a hard braking zone could be costly in the slower corners, mostly due to the extreme LSD settings I'd say, the braking sensetivity seems a little high to me, it doesn't really allow you to roll into the lower speed corners all to well and if for any reason you need to come off the throttle in a corner there's a big chance you're going to lose traction as the wheel speeds try to equalise :scared:, either then or when the wheels are allowed to break free on throttle re-application :eek:
This can cause a lot of issues in race conditions when there are other cars around and the enexpected can and does happen:ouch: Getting back on the throttle slightly before braking is done with can help minimise the issue for entry but mid corner, you take your chances.
On your own on track and in control you should be fine, this car will do some great times and put a smile on your face while doing it, but in a crowd (especially on-line with the less careful drivers :mischievous: ) things can get a bit squirrly at times.

This is definitely a car you need to be sure of your lines with or you could be if for a nasty surprise. Treat it as it wants to be and you will be well rewarded :)
I took it for a quick test round the same track in TT mode because I was sure I'd left a lot of time out there in the races. New fastest lap came in at 1:10.762 (in 4 laps), still may be a bit more there too :)๐Ÿ‘

Please don't take my comments about the LSD as an attack on your style :eek: It obviously works for you and it does get the job done. It's just that I've used similar methods myself before and found the issues I described above with a couple of them, I spent a lot of time trying various suspension tweaks to fix the problem then, but finally sourced the problem to be the LSD. I find that if there is that much of a difference between braking and accel settings (with braking being higher) there is more of a chance of some odd behaviour from the rear of the car in the corners, the slower ones especially :( I wouldn't say never use a higher braking, but I would strongly suggest that you shouldn't have such a disparity between the two. As I said in @IBt_33s review a good 2-way set-up is probably the best way to go with some of the more "difficult" MRs, it will keep the wheel speed difference into and out of the corner the same so there should be no unexpected traction loss between on-throttle and off-throttle situations, making for a somewhat safer driving experience :)

Overall I did really enjoy this car. Not exactly my cup of coffee, but still a pretty sweet drive and fast...like really fast :) Oh, and did I mention the transmission :odd: Spot on ๐Ÿ‘
This is some good work, and a very fast tune round here. Keep them coming :cheers:
Thanks for the review! I agree the lsd decel is quite high. I couldn't find another good way around doing doughnuts if I needed to brake hard. I suppose I could've further adjusted the brake bias, but that burns out the rubber. Man, I need to learn trail braking. Glad you liked my tune Mr. Cain! Thanks for an informative review

@Bowtie-muscle

So this is the animal that's a bit picky about who it eats then is it? :eek:...Oh, sorry my bad. That's picky about how it's driven! That's it OK then :embarresed: Hope she likes the way I'm going to be treating her then :mischevious:

Well, apparently she didn't seem to mind too much :) This isn't the first time I've tried out one of your tunes and it certainly isn't the first time I've found one to be pretty close to how I like em ๐Ÿ‘. It might just be down to me having had a few races round here already today, but then when you take almost 2 seconds off the fastest lap you've recorded so far with a 1:10.669, you really have to ask, was it me or the car? ( or, did that big nasty M3 GTR get past the Boss 302 and out of the way before I got to them :grumpy: :lol:) I'd say in this case it was the car ( I got passed the BMW before he caught the yank tank :P:tup:). The transmission was almost spot on for the track as far as top speed goes, it just started bouncing off the limiter near the foot of the hill before turn 1, but I can't complain too much about how it was set-up. The acceleration was good throughout and there was little cause for concern coming out the slower corners. Still not good enough to get the win though :irked:.....OK, I still wasn't good enough to get the win :guilty: I got a little careless chasing down 1st and 2nd (1st was the GTO '84, can't remember who I passed for 2nd :() and had a nasty spin that cost me a bit of time :embarresed: It should have taken the win comfortably but I didn't have time for a rematch, so I'll be taking this one back there before the seasonals change for some more fun :)
Thank you for a nice easy to drive fast tune for one of the special cars in GT6. Nice work dude:tup;:cheers:
Thank you for the review ๐Ÿ‘, I really liked the tune but was unsure how it would fare in the hands of others. Seems as though at least you and @Burned_Rubber like it, so must not be all that bad :dopey:. One thing is for, my 500pp version was definitely the best looking :cool::eek::sly:.

I would really like to thank you and @Burned_Rubber for jumping in and reviewing some some of these tunes. There are many really good times offered this month, would be a shame if only my long winded stories and reviews proclaimed just how good they are:drool:. I truly appreciate both of your time and effort:D.

@Pete05
@shaunm80
@viotunes
@sinof1337
@lBt_33
@OdeFinn
@TheInfamousJEW6
Allow me to thank each of you as well for the tunes you've submitted. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them. Last month was the first time I shared which was my favorite, never really felt comfortable doing that but there should be no harm since its only my opinion. This month I shall do it again, but must admit it is extremely difficult to choose just one. And please do not be offended if yours is not one of them. For myself and how I like a tune to be, 3 stood out......shaun's, viotunes', and Burned_rubber's. If I had to score them FITT DC (driver choice) style, they would each be very close, but would have to say that shaun's would be0.1 higher. The narrowest of margins separating them.

But I would also be reminded of I did not give a mention to @OdeFinn as I really liked the three he posted as well, and had great fun in each of them. Great replica offerings, and obviously a ton of thought and care went into them. Great job:tup:, only wish others would appreciate and enjoy half as much as I did. I'm still grinning:D.

Thanks guys, now to prepare for the next offering ;).

Thanks for the review! I agree the lsd decel is quite high. I couldn't find another good way around doing doughnuts if I needed to brake hard. I suppose I could've further adjusted the brake bias, but that burns out the rubber. Man, I need to learn trail braking. Glad you liked my tune Mr. Cain! Thanks for an informative review
It way my pleasure really :D It's not hard to see why you have a FITT win under your belt, the car was quire easy to get to know, pretty safe and very fast, a good combination of attributes if you ask me ๐Ÿ‘

It took me a while to get to know the LSD works in GT6, and even longer to figure out how it should be used. The best recommendation I could make it to focus more on the suspension with close to open settings (5s across the board), then once you can't get it feeling any better, start tweaking the LSD from there to support the way the car handles. I found personally doing it the other way was ok most of the time, but it limited how effective some of the suspension settings could be IMO.

Braking with AT is a bit of a pain, you have to work around how the car wants to downshift which can be a bit of a nightmare :( That was one of the main reasons I converted to MT a little while back, trail braking becomes a lot easier when you can decide when you want the car to downshift, especially in slower corners, the extra drop to first that can sometimes occur with AT can be a really handful in high torque cars :eek:

Anyway. Just keep doing what you have been and I'm sure we'll see more great tunes from you :)๐Ÿ‘

Kitchen Sink Entertainment presents a Dan's Garage production: Lotus Evora '09 in several parts for your racing enjoyment. I decided to document my process from start to finish.

Lotus Evora โ€™09 โ€“ Part 1
Purchased the following:
  • Fully customizable suspension
  • Racing brakes
  • Fully customizable LSD
  • Custom aero parts
    • Aero kit โ€“ type A
    • Rear wing โ€“ Special wing type B (set to 0/20)
  • Oil change
Current settings:
PP - 468
Max HP - 290
Max Torque - 265
Power to Weight Ratio - 4.58

Fully Customizable Suspension
Ride Height - 126/126
Spring Rate - 4.08/7.79
Dampers (Compression) - 4/4
Dampers (Extension) - 3/5
Anti-Roll Bars - 3/1
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/3.0
Toe Angle - -0.23/0.23
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 10/0

Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
Initial Torque - 0/13
Acceleration Sensitivity - 0/15
Braking Sensitivity - 0/20
Clutch & Flywheel - Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft - Standard
Front/Rear Torque Split - N/A

-----

Lotus Evora โ€™09 โ€“ Part 2
Purchased the following:
  • Inch up:1 โ€“ OZ Racing Ultraleggera
  • Carbon hood
  • Window weight reduction
  • Sports computer
  • Sports exhaust
  • Twin-plate clutch kit
  • Six-speed transmission
  • Stage 1 engine tuning

Current settings:
PP - 499
Max HP - 359
Max Torque - 309
Power to Weight Ratio - 3.66

Ride Height - 113/117
Spring Rate - 5.00/9.09
Dampers (Compression) - 4/4
Dampers (Extension) - 3/5
Anti-Roll Bars - 3/1
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/2.7
Toe Angle - -0.15/0.45
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 8/2

Initial Torque - 0/17
Acceleration Sensitivity - 0/24
Braking Sensitivity - 0/26
Drive Shaft - Standard

-----

Lotus Evora โ€˜09 โ€“ Part 3
Purchased the following:
  • Oil change
  • Sport soft tires
  • Stage 1 weight reduction
  • Isometric exhaust manifold
  • Sports catalytic converter
  • Intake tuning

Current settings:
PP - 529
Max HP - 420
Max Torque - 350
Power to Weight Ratio - 2.84

Ride Height - 109/113
Spring Rate - 5.75/10.79
Dampers (Compression) - 6/6
Dampers (Extension) - 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars - 4/2
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/3.1
Toe Angle - -0.15/0.45
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 9/1

Initial Torque - 0/19
Braking Sensitivity - 0/29
Drive Shaft - Standard

-----

Lotus Evora โ€™09 โ€“ Part 4
Purchased the following:
  • Oil change
  • Improve body rigidity
  • Racing hard tires
  • Stage 2 weight reduction
  • Semi-racing exhaust
  • Stage 2 engine tuning

Current settings:
PP - 551
Max HP - 473
Max Torque - 383
Power to Weight Ratio - 2.41

Ride Height - 93/98
Spring Rate - 7.50/13.89
Dampers (Compression) - 7/7
Dampers (Extension) - 6/8
Anti-Roll Bars - 6/2
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0./3.1
Toe Angle - -0.23/0.53
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 9/1

Initial Torque - 0/20
Braking Sensitivity - 0/32
Drive Shaft - Standard

-----

Lotus Evora โ€™09 โ€“ Part 5
Purchased the following:
  • Oil change
  • Stage 3 weight reduction
  • Stage 3 engine tuning
  • Racing exhaust
  • Nitro kit @ 40%
  • Triple-plate clutch kit
  • Fully customizable transmission
Current Settings:
PP - 573
Max HP - 536
Max Torque - 423
Power to Weight Ratio - 2.02

Fully Customizable Transmission
Max. Speed (auto set) - 420
1st Gear - 2.565
2nd Gear - 1.675
3rd Gear - 1.195
4th Gear - 0.900
5th Gear - 0.715
6th Gear - 0.575
7th Gear - N/A
8th Gear - N/A
Final Gear - 4.935

Ride Height - 83/87
Spring Rate - 8.43/15.53
Dampers (Compression) - 8/8
Dampers (Extension) - 6/10
Anti-Roll Bars - 7/3
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/3.1
Toe Angle - -0.37/0.37
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 9/1

Initial Torque - 0/19
Braking Sensitivity - 0/29
Drive Shaft - Standard

The tunes above are the basis on which I will deliver my final product. And without further ado, the final product in the link below...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dans-garage-lotus-evora-09-30-november-2015.293834/

Have fun, Dan.

Last edited:
Thank you for the review ๐Ÿ‘, I really liked the tune but was unsure how it would fare in the hands of others. Seems as though at least you and @Burned_Rubber like it, so must not be all that bad :dopey:. One thing is for, my 500pp version was definitely the best looking :cool::eek::sly:.

I would really like to thank you and @Burned_Rubber for jumping in and reviewing some some of these tunes. There are many really good times offered this month, would be a shame if only my long winded stories and reviews proclaimed just how good they are:drool:. I truly appreciate both of your time and effort:D.

@Pete05
@shaunm80
@viotunes
@sinof1337
@lBt_33
@OdeFinn
@TheInfamousJEW6
Allow me to thank each of you as well for the tunes you've submitted. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them. Last month was the first time I shared which was my favorite, never really felt comfortable doing that but there should be no harm since its only my opinion. This month I shall do it again, but must admit it is extremely difficult to choose just one. And please do not be offended if yours is not one of them. For myself and how I like a tune to be, 3 stood out......shaun's, viotunes', and Burned_rubber's. If I had to score them FITT DC (driver choice) style, they would each be very close, but would have to say that shaun's would be0.1 higher. The narrowest of margins separating them.

But I would also be reminded of I did not give a mention to @OdeFinn as I really liked the three he posted as well, and had great fun in each of them. Great replica offerings, and obviously a ton of thought and care went into them. Great job:tup:, only wish others would appreciate and enjoy half as much as I did. I'm still grinning:D.

Thanks my friend for the kind words & for testing my tune. It just so happened that I had an Evora in my garage that I'd worked on with @shaunm80 about 18 months ago. It needed a bit of a freshen up following all the updates & as tested is where I landed.

@Pete05
@shaunm80
@viotunes
@sinof1337
@lBt_33
@OdeFinn
@TheInfamousJEW6

You are most welcome, another little gem there :) and the red paint :drool: not quite as bright as I like them (Ardent Red from the dealership would have been better IMO:sly:) but can't complain too much :)

My apologies for not having something for you to try out. I do have an old one on those nasty tyres most of you guys don't get along with :P but I'm not really all that happy with it these days and not done tweaking a replacement/alternative yet :(

It was a pleasure to be able to pitch in with a review or few :sly:, and to get to try out so many different takes on a special car. Some very good tunes here this month, and as promised I'm back with another. (two newbies to go :mischievous: :lol:)

So without much more preamble.... :D

@sinof1337: Evora 500pp SH test.

Tracks/races: Intermediate level non-racecar challenge at Matterhon Dristelen.

This isn't the first time I've tried some of your work, but I do believe it may be the first time I've mentioned it :guilty: I had a little go in one ( or both, can't remember exactly :dopey: but the 340 Six Barrel I used for sure ๐Ÿ‘) of your Cudas a few months back with the intention of reviewing it for the CotM :odd:, sorry I never got round to it :(. It was some great fun on the Tour of America events :)๐Ÿ‘ 440

Notes: First off I have to say the car wasn't tested exactly as per build sheet:guilty: I did have a rear wing on this car which was not part of the build (but it was on the car already and I'm testing others with it too. Reduced to 5 for tests that shouldn't have it) and also I'm a little off power wise, I do oil changes on most cars when they come out of the dealership so I guess this one was done, so I was left with 333BHP not 337 (I do hope that was a coincidence and not because it ended the same as your username :P :lol:) So with those small technical issues out of the way....it's off to the track I go. This was actually the first built and I prepared the notes earlier than the rest but didn't test until after the others. I did go back later and build it on a fresh car too ;)

This one is a little floaty in places up front over a few of the bumps, it didn't give me the the confidence to push flat out on the fast left hander (turn 2 really) half way up the hill. I'll bet for the most part due more to the highspeed nature of the track and particular part of it rather than a set-up issue :) But I felt the rear was well planted, so it didn't cause to many issues. At first I thought this might have been due to the wing on the tail ๐Ÿ’ก, but I went back and tried on a wingless version just to be sure, it wasn't the wing :( Overall though I did like how the car drove. almost as instinctive to learn as Mr. Muscle's :) and felt real good to me in most of the turns. If it wasn't for the track choice I made :guilty: I'd say this was my favourite transmission of the lot too ๐Ÿ‘ It was bouncing off the limiter here before most of the others (maybe even all of them) but it felt awesome :tup :It just screams, "Come out of that cormer and Goooooo!" :D And sometimes with a little smoke to keep the enemy...sorry, competition behind you in the dark :) Great fun drive this, not as competitive for me as others were, but I'd give it a few extra points for grin factor :D

This car was definitly held back in the race with the transmission being so short, changing the final gear (quite a bit) will stop the topping out issue, but for me it ruins the experience of driving the car. The response just isn't the same exiting the corners. This tune will be staying on both of the cars settings pages and getting some use on the shorter tracks in the future. Great tune ๐Ÿ‘ Many thanks for sharing :D:cheers:

Back