November: Car of the Month - Lotus Evora '09

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
22656970662_eaf903ca15_c.jpg

November: Car of the Month

Lotus Evora '09
Quite the challenge this month, as we shall tackle the pesky Evora. Although it looks like a larger Elise, it is in fact quite different, from overall chassis design to weight. But still carrying a mid engine design, but with a V6! And that V6 is very common, the same basic engine as found in Grandma's grocery-getter Toyota Camry, or Soccer Mom's Sienna minivan. The intake has been refined and upgraded, giving it plenty of punch and fight, and power supply is never in doubt. Larger than the Elise, it is not quite as nimble, but if you can get the suspension tuned correctly, it can be a surprise. Heavy rear weight is the trick, controlling it through adjustments or balancing through ballast. Which will be your method?

Originally aimed at competing with the Cayman, yes I mentioned the "P" car company, this car sold with a strange option package, rear seats. As if you want or need them? But I believe in stock form, it might be close in value and performance. So lace up your racing shoes, strap on that helmet and let's get busy! Show off what you can get out of it, just (as usual) give tire and track choice when possible, or you never know where I might test it ;).

Last edited:
15769038980_9f8ba03936_c.jpg

"The Tunes"
By Bowtie-muscle:
Evora 500pp SH-SS (Sport Soft make it alive)
Evora 550pp SS

By @shaunm80 :
Evora 500pp SH-SS

BY @Pete05 :
Evora 489pp SH
Evora 496pp SH Old W.I.P. tune

By @Burned_Rubber :
Evora 500pp SH Mullet Bullet
Evora 500pp SS High and Tight
Evora 550pp SS

By @TheInfamousJEW6
Evora 500pp
Evora 550pp SS

@lBt_33 :
Evora 500pp SH

By @sinof1337:
Evora 500pp

BY @OdeFinn :
Evora Real World Replicas - 457pp - 473pp - 483pp

By @viotunes :
Evora 500pp SH

By @danlimski :
Evora "Kitchen Sink Tune" 573pp RS

Last edited:
Here is my version of the Evora. It was tuned on SH tyres but it can also work very well on SS tyres with the change noted in the tune details. This was one of my first tunes I created when my garage was created. I am looking forward to seeing what you make of my early foray into the world of tuning. :)

The link for the tune is here.

evora-jpg.111845

@Pete05, You do have a tune in my garage which is still down as a work in progress. Seen as you have entered the world of tuning now, would you like to finish your tune off and submit it to this thread to see what others make of it? If so, the original link to the tune is here.

Hopefully you are up to the challenge :)

I know you struggle to upload pictures sometimes so I will put the original image I had of your tune here too. For anyone that has seen the film "The Host", you will understand the paint work on this car.

evorapeteimg2-jpg.169013

@Pete05, You do have a tune in my garage which is still down as a work in progress. Seen as you have entered the world of tuning now, would you like to finish your tune off and submit it to this thread to see what others make of it? If so, the original link to the tune is here.

Hopefully you are up to the challenge :)

I know you struggle to upload pictures sometimes so I will put the original image I had of your tune here too. For anyone that has seen the film "The Host", you will understand the paint work on this car.

evorapeteimg2-jpg.169013
Hey Shaun, if I remember correctly, this thing was proving difficult to keep the right side of the fence & had a habit of trying to join the BBQs on top of the Mountain :scared:
I'll throw a few things at it but I suspect if you & I combined couldn't cure it's wicked ways, I alone don't have much of a chance :dopey:
Those days of working together on tuning selected cars were easily some of my most enjoyable laps in GT6 👍 :cheers:

Hey Shaun, if I remember correctly, this thing was proving difficult to keep the right side of the fence & had a habit of trying to join the BBQs on top of the Mountain :scared:
I'll throw a few things at it but I suspect if you & I combined couldn't cure it's wicked ways, I alone don't have much of a chance :dopey:
Those days of working together on tuning selected cars were easily some of my most enjoyable laps in GT6 👍 :cheers:
You can let me know if you are going to play with it some more or if I can link to the older version. Not a bad car once you find what it wants.

You can let me know if you are going to play with it some more or if I can link to the older version. Not a bad car once you find what it wants.
I'll have a tinker with it because the way Shaun and I left it the suspension was definitely unfinished business & no one deserves that torture.
We were using Bathurst, Mt.Panorama as our test track and the only way to complete a lap was at a cruising pace. Anything more was fraught with a lot of :scared:, :irked: & :banghead:

Apologies for the double post but I wanted to keep the tune separate.
Here goes nothin :scared:
Tuned at Mt.Panorama on SH tyres with a DS3 & MT transmission.

PARTS FITTED
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Aero Kit Type A
Special Wing- Type A
Wheels: Inch Up RAYS 57 Ultimate

SUSPENSION
Ride Height
100 105
Springs. 4.10 7.75
Compression 3 3
Extension 3 3
Anti-roll 3 2
Camber 0.0 1.0
Toe Angle. 0.00 0.50
Brake Balance 6 5
DRIVETRAIN (Transmission)
Install all power parts first,
Set Final Gear to 3.777,
Set Max.Speed to 300 km/h,
1st
2nd 1.913
3rd 1.407
4th 1.091
5th 0.885
6th 0.749
DRIVETRAIN
Inital
Accel 40
Decel 20
BODY
Downforce
Ballast Weight 15
Ballast Position -50

This tune (although largely default in several areas) is good enough to lap Mt.Panorama in 2:19:983. If you're sensible with corner entry speed, the back end won't try to lead you out of the same corner and power down will be ok. You'll need to be smooth when applying power in 2nd gear as it can still power oversteer but the drift is manageable. Enjoy :)

I'm torn between two good 500pp SS tunes at the moment. One of them a mullet tune where as the other is more of a high and tight :D . @Bowtie-muscle would you mind if I posted both even though they are in the same class? I will probably have a 3rd also as this car and I seem to get along pretty well.
Why don't you make one of those tunes a SH tyres tune and then you have two tunes which are totally different. :)

Lotus Evora '09
"Mullet Bullet"

20151109_085607-1.jpg

500pp
Paint: Blu Abu Dhabi
Aero Kit: Type A
Rear Spoiler: Standard (this time ;) )
Wheels: Inch up 1. BNS RE-MG (stock color)
Tires: SH
343 Hp
1176 Kg
45/55 Weight Distribution

Full custom Suspension:
Height: 103/107
Springs: 4.70/9.90
Comp: 4/4
Ext: 5/5
ARB: 4/5
Camber: 0.2/0.8
Toe: -0.09/0.22

Racing brakes 5/2

Full custom trans:
Initial Final Gear: 5.000
Top speed to 112 (far left)
1st: 3.200
2nd: 2.360
3rd: 1.830
4th: 1.490
5th: 1.260
6th: 1.090
Final Gear: 3.100
Adjust final gear to suit track as needed.

Full custom LSD:
9/12/32

Triple Plate Clutch
Standard Drive Shaft

Power:
Stage 1 engine
Sports computer
Sports exhaust

Power Limiter 100%

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Carbon Hood: Carbon
Window weight Reduction: Yes

Ballast: 88kg @ -50

Note: This thing will make you think you are in control until you try to enter a slow corner too hot. The idea behind the Mullet Bullet was to take advantage of the heavy rear and drive it like a snub nosed muscle car. Lots of available grip on SS tires.

Last edited:
Lotus Evora '09
"High and Tight"

20151109_085745-1.jpg

500pp
Rear Spoiler: Mount A, Wing D, Winglets C. Height: -4. Width: -20
Tires: SS
343 Hp
1176 Kg

Full custom Suspension:
Height: 100/90
Springs: 5.20/11.20
Comp: 3/3
Ext: 4/4
Camber: 0.4/1.2
Toe: -0.16/0.12

Racing brakes 6/3

Full custom trans:
Initial Final Gear: Default
1st: 3.780
2nd: 2.890
3rd: 2.290
4th: 1.870
5th: 1.580
6th: 1.370
Final Gear: 2.500
(Note: This gearing is only.good for short-medium tracks as the actual top speed is only around 165mph.)

Full custom LSD:
8/9/40

Triple Plate Clutch
Standard Drive Shaft

Power:
Stage 1 engine
Sports computer
Sports exhaust

Power Limiter 100%

Downforce: 15

Note: This tune is more of a precision instrument that an all around tune. You can take it anywhere and it should be up to the task, but it likes a specific racing line. Hit it right and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Lotus Evora '09

20151109_085808.jpg

550pp
Rear Spoiler: Mount A, Wing D, Winglets C. Height: -4. Width: -20
Tires: SS
487 Hp
1200 Kg
46/54 Weight Distribution

Full custom Suspension:
Height: 95/100
Springs: 7.00/13.50
Comp: 6/4
Ext: 4/6
ARB: 4/6
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: -0.04/0.09

Racing brakes 6/2

Full custom trans:
1st: 3.000
2nd: 2.290
3rd: 1.850
4th: 1.540
5th: 1.300
6th: 1.120

Full custom LSD:
8/12/28

Triple Plate Clutch
Standard Drive Shaft

Power:
Stage 3 engine
Sports computer
Sports exhaust
Isometric Manifold
Cat Converter: Sports
Intake: Tuned

Power Limiter 100%

Downforce: 20

Ballast: 112kg @ -50

Note: Fast and Furious. Nuff said. Try it on a high speed track like Spa

Last edited:
Lotus Evora '09
"Mullet Bullet"

Pics coming soon

500pp
Rear Spoiler: Standard (this time ;) )
Tires: SH
343 Hp
1176 Kg

Full custom Suspension:
Height: 103/107
Springs: 4.70/9.90
Comp: 4/4
Ext: 5/5
Camber: 0.2/0.8
Toe: -0.09/0.22

Racing brakes 5/2

Full custom trans:
1st: 3.200
2nd: 2.360
3rd: 1.830
4th: 1.490
5th: 1.260
6th: 1.090

Full custom LSD:
9/12/32

Triple Plate Clutch
Standard Drive Shaft

Power:
Stage 1 engine
Sports computer
Sports exhaust

Power Limiter 100%

Note: This thing will make you think you are in control until you try to enter a slow corner too hot. The idea behind the Mullet Bullet was to take advantage of the heavy rear and drive it like a snub nosed muscle car. Lots of available grip on SS tires.
Thanks for posting 3 tunes 👍, you can list 2 tunes of the same pp WITH the same tires if that is what you truly wanted. If they are slightly different anyway.

Side note: this is Revival Week for me, so my time is minimal. I will update tune list when time permits and post my 550pp version as well. If I am slow to update or respond, please be patient. :)

npng8xEGm3s4VXVrCg_0.jpg

Car
: Lotus Evora '09 "Stage 1" Tune
Color: Laser Blue

Specs:
500PP
345HP
1198kg
300ft-lb

Parts:

Fully Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom Transmission
Full Custom Diff
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Stage 1 Engine
Sports Computer
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Tires: Sports Hard

Suspension: Front/Rear

Ride Height: 95/110
Spring Rate: 5.75/8.40
Compression: 4/3
Extension: 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0.4/0.0
Toe: -0.07/+0.05
Brake Balance: 5/4

Transmission:

Reset to Default
Set Final to 5.500
Set Max Speed to 124mph

First Gear: 2.460
Second Gear: 1.865
Third Gear: 1.480
Fourth Gear: 1.205
Fifth Gear: 1.000
Sixth Gear: .850

Final Gear: 3.500

Fully Customizable Diff: Rear

Initial Torque: 6
ACC Sensitivity: 9
Braking Sens.: 20

Power:

Power Limiter: 100%

Body:

Ballast: 110kg
Postition: -50%

Tuned with all assists off except ABS 1

View attachment 474475

Car
: Lotus Evora '09 "Stage 1" Tune
Color: Laser Blue

Specs:
500PP
345HP
1198kg
300ft-lb

Parts:

Fully Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom Transmission
Full Custom Diff
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Stage 1 Engine
Sports Computer
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Tires: Sports Hard

Suspension: Front/Rear

Ride Height: 95/110
Spring Rate: 5.75/8.40
Compression: 4/3
Extension: 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0.4/0.0
Toe: -0.07/+0.05
Brake Balance: 5/4

Transmission:

Reset to Default
Set Final to 5.500
Set Max Speed to 124mph

First Gear: 2.460
Second Gear: 1.865
Third Gear: 1.480
Fourth Gear: 1.205
Fifth Gear: 1.000
Sixth Gear: .850

Final Gear: 3.500

Fully Customizable Diff: Rear

Initial Torque: 6
ACC Sensitivity: 9
Braking Sens.: 20

Power:

Power Limiter: 100%

Body:

Ballast: 110kg
Postition: -50%

Tuned with all assists off except ABS 1
Nice picture. I don't recognize the track though. Where is it?

Red yes, Canyon red actually and it looks really good. No horns, but front aero and a wing do help. Feisty mare as it is, shows why it was chosen this month. But, if you hit the mark with it, you will be more than satisfied. Miss it, and it can be infuriating.
I think its trying to HURT ME! Went to a RUF car I was working on,( a long term project), and I am sure they are related! This car is SO far from a big project I have been working on it defies logic!

I'm interested to know if anyone has been for a drive in my example yet? It was built as an Evora S but without the ability to fit a supercharger, I had to compromise to reach the desired BHP level.
Any feedback, good or bad is welcome.

I think its trying to HURT ME! Went to a RUF car I was working on,( a long term project), and I am sure they are related! This car is SO far from a big project I have been working on it defies logic!
Ballast helps this car more than most to get proper balance and control the rear. Too much will induce a push on entry and mid corner however. In fact, my 500pp tune has quite a bit but not all the way forward. @Pete05 even questioned the amount when I originally posted it, but I was able to keep it around 1200kgs, extra weight did not hurt as the lap times are not bad for the pp range. My 550pp tune, which I have not had time to post as of yet, is lighter with less ballast, but can be nasty on a tight course. It prefers to stretch it's legs and have room to roam if you get what I'm saying. Try some of these others, including mine, and see if it helps guide you. @shaunm80 is always good at stabilising these tougher cars, so maybe try his first.
Just a thought.
I'm interested to know if anyone has been for a drive in my example yet? It was built as an Evora S but without the ability to fit a supercharger, I had to compromise to reach the desired BHP level.
Not as of yet good sir, as I mentioned days ago, my time has been limited and have not touched my ps3 since Sunday morning. But I will hopefully get to it over the 3 or 4 days. Maybe, if not, within a week I would assume. Fall here, and lots of leaves calling my name that need rounding up. Yard is a blanket of color.:irked:

I will give it a spin . Probably tonight. Will let you kbow how it went.

Back