Nvidia New Cards

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 180 comments
Gamers Nexus's recap of Nvidia's keynote

The RTX 3080 Ti is indefinitely postponed, because of stock issues.
One rumor that has been floating around is that there has been talk of Nvidia possibly releasing "Hopper" the 40 series cards as early as late this year to early 2022.
In one way that seems too quick since the 30 series just released fall of 2020 BUT if you look at the 30 series was originally supposed to launch in the Spring of 2020 and not the fall it could just be Nvidia getting its release roadmap back to what would have been its original time frame which 18 months to 2 years between launches if not disrupted by the pandemic would make that late 2021 to early 2022 right on a normal timeline for a new series release.
Also again many say a shortage of the ddr6x vram is causing the delays and others are speculating that it is too close to the 3090 performance level and would kill that cards sales even for content creators with only 4gb less VRAM and a MSRP OF $500 less.
But this is the second time in about as many months that a 3080ti version has been cancelled. First time was thought to be to increase performance to compete at the 6900xt price point and level which the latest cancelled iteration seemed capable of.
Seems 2021 is starting out at about the same level of 2020 concerning screwed up GPU markets.

Last edited:
What is the 3090 FE out the door price in the UK?
Here in the U.S. the price would be $1499 U.S.D. (which would be equal to 1232 euro) and in my state a 4.3% added sales tax before whatever these latest price increases may be and that would be the total paid delivered to your door.
And they are constantly out of stock in this country also.

£1399 GBP, taking off VAT and converting to USD makes that $1574. We always get a bad deal on the GBP prices of things - it better not get any worse! Although, add on your sales tax and it's not very different this time.

Maybe not the 3090 at their price point but I could see a 3080 that originally sold for a msrp of $700-$800 U.S. still bringing $350-$400 in that time frame and maybe more if the prices do keep going up.
Even right now with the current lack of supply issues I would not sell my EVGA 3080 bought at the introductory MSRP for twice what I paid for it. I am just thankful I am not still trying to find one.

Oh, indeed, and even more true of a 3080 FE at £650. Prices can only keep going up for as long as people think it's worth the money, and that 3yr resale is a big factor in that (perhaps not consciously, directly... call it a proxy if you like). £800 cards now won't sell for more than about £300 in 3 years is my reckoning.

In some ways I think GPU price inflation has gone about as far as it can. The 3080 FE is about the same price as the 1080Ti FE was, for example, and it's almost the maximum people are willing to spend. What we're seeing now is such a distorted (and limited) market that it's really hard to say much about it though.

A week or so ago I had a look at some list of people trying to get EVGA cards, and actually what surprised me was the number of entries on the list marked as 'skipped' - either missed their notification, or chose not to buy.

Absolutely these bottlenecks in chip making are not doing nvidia or amd any favours. They'd much rather sell masses of these cards, and then sell us the next series, and then the next one... yearly if they could.

Last edited:
Here is another article discussing both supply and pricing with both Nvidia and AMD giving their firsthand opinions to the current and upcoming GPU situation.https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/12/...hortage-rtx-3080-3070-3060-ti-3090-rx-6800-xt

Also here is a quote from another article concerning some prices going forward,

"A week ago, Asus warned that its graphics cards and motherboards were about to receive significant price hikes due to “increases in cost for components, operating costs, and logistical activities plus a continuation of import tariffs.” Now, other GPU makers are following Asus's lead—one overtly, and the other quietly.

Like Asus, EVGA isn’t hiding the fact that it’s increasing prices on its popular graphics cards.

“Due to ongoing events, EVGA has made price adjustments on the GeForce RTX 30 Series products. This change was necessary due to several factors and will be effective January 11, 2021,” a notice at the top of EVGA’s graphics card landing page reads. “For those who are currently in the EVGA.com Notify Queue system or Step-Up Queue, EVGA will honor the original MSRP pricing through April 16, 2021, if your purchase position is processed before this date.”

Last edited:
“For those who are currently in the EVGA.com Notify Queue system or Step-Up Queue, EVGA will honor the original MSRP pricing through April 16, 2021, if your purchase position is processed before this date.”

Well I've been in their notify queue for a while now... getting to the front by April 16th seems less and less likely!!

Well I've been in their notify queue for a while now... getting to the front by April 16th seems less and less likely!!
I bought my 3080 through their queue and about 2-3 weeks later could have have bought a 2nd 3080 but a different model off the queue system as well but ultimately decided to pass on buying it so it went to someone else.
I signed up for the 3080's on launch day as well and got my card towards the end of October so about 5 weeks.
If I had of known the continued availability issues plus the increases in the prices I would not have hesitated and bought the second 3080 card.
I have been on the queue for a 3070 as well since its launch day as I would like to upgrade the 1070 that is in my secondary system. Hopefully that one will pop to me before the April deadline price increase. If not I will reevaluate the cost versus the benefit.
April the 16th is still a full 3 months away so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Looks like I should've gotten in line for the 3060 Ti when I had the chance. Now the cheapest one is $459.99 on EVGA's site. I'm guessing that $330 MSRP for the 3060 will be close to $400 now. Then the 3050 Ti will slot in around that $330 price point.

Not too bad, but I do like a good deal. Whichever card I get, I could stretch it for a good amount of years at which point I'll probably have to upgrade the whole thing.

$799, day one. Almost guaranteed.

I'll continue using streaming services until this nonsense settles down.

Sad that the 3060 cards may well be bringing what I paid for a 3080 FTW EVGA Ultra card back last October. PC gaming is getting out of reach for many not just in product unavailability but pricing as well.
Who would have an imagined a year or two ago a 60 series card selling for that kind of money?

Sad that the 3060 cards may well be bringing what I paid for a 3080 FTW EVGA Ultra card back last October. PC gaming is getting out of reach for many not just in product unavailability but pricing as well.
Who would have an imagined a year or two ago a 60 series card selling for that kind of money?

It's ridiculous. I was going to pick up a 3080 or 3070, but how can I when availability is non-existent? It's to the point where Nvidia are bringing back the 2060, which won't help things either as miners will swipe 'em all. This is why I've turned my attention to GeForce NOW and Shadow PC (as soon as my activation date arrives...in April) because there's no other alternative at the moment.

I'm not paying a penny over MSRP, or SRP in the case of AIB partners, for either card. Not going to happen. :banghead:

I doubt the nonsense will settle down anytime in the next year. Scalpers are going to keep the price artificially high and miners are going to pay those ridiculous prices. Pretty much the entire reason I loathe cryptocurrency stems from what it did to the GPU market.

Couple that with the drain on microchips and all the other logistics that are getting 'roned and there just won't be enough supply. I have alerts set for a bunch of sites in hopes that I can snag any card, but I'm not holding my breath. I really do need a new PC, but the GPU is the biggest sticking point. I have a dislike for AMD cards, so it's not like I'm going to buy one of those either.

I doubt the nonsense will settle down anytime in the next year. Scalpers are going to keep the price artificially high and miners are going to pay those ridiculous prices.

You're right about that, unfortunately. An RTX 2060 is as much as $939 on Newegg. Nine hundred and thirty-nine dollars for a mid-tier last generation GPU.

Pretty much the entire reason I loathe cryptocurrency stems from what it did to the GPU market.

Same. I've seen many opinions since it first began a few years ago, most of which amounted to "Don't hate the player, hate the game." I'm pretty sure I hate the player because the game is only responding to it, not the other way around. And for what? They'll be dumped on eBay in a year's time anyway.

I've never cared to learn about cryptocurrency because of it.

Couple that with the drain on microchips and all the other logistics that are getting 'roned and there just won't be enough supply.

I really hope AMD goes through building a US-based fab. It wouldn't be up and running any time soon but it would at least ensure things on their end aren't as affected.

I have a dislike for AMD cards, so it's not like I'm going to buy one of those either.

Driver issues?

Driver issues?

That, and I never found them to be reliable. I've had a couple of them and they all burn out or start having issues prematurely. With Nvidia cards, they just seem to work for me, but I'm sure they aren't without their issues.

RTX 3060 has been confirmed for February 25 release. It doesn't seem like there's much hope for supply or pricing.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-confirms-rtx-3060-specs

I got these 2 brand new 5 days apart. At current MSRP.

You just gotta be willing to suffer for them.

20210215_103653.jpg

How tempting is it to put one on eBay at double MSRP? In current times I can fully understand why people are doing it, however irritating it is.

Im keeping the Suprim X. The ASUS is for sale on FB marketplace. I wanted a 3070 FTW3 or 3070 Aorus Master bit no dice. So im splitting my losses and selling the ASUS for a small profit. By no means ****ing anyone over with it.

Just trying recoup some of the excessive amount i paid for the up mark MSI are charging now. They're charging the most compared to the others.

It's ridiculous. I was going to pick up a 3080 or 3070, but how can I when availability is non-existent? It's to the point where Nvidia are bringing back the 2060, which won't help things either as miners will swipe 'em all. This is why I've turned my attention to GeForce NOW and Shadow PC (as soon as my activation date arrives...in April) because there's no other alternative at the moment.

I'm not paying a penny over MSRP, or SRP in the case of AIB partners, for either card. Not going to happen. :banghead:
I managed to get a 3080 by keeping an eye on sites that weren't accepting pre-orders. Sites with pre-orders had such long queues there just wasn't any point on those. But I signed up to stock alrets on the sites that I could and after a few failed attempts to nab one quick enough following an altert I got lucky and ordered on on time. I paid £30 over RRP for it, which for a £700+ product I can live with, but nothing like the prices I was seeing on Amazon and other sites.

Last edited:
@Dave A can I ask which site you got yours from? I signed up for stock alerts from CCL (I figured they'd be less popular than Scan or Aria) a couple of months ago but so far haven't had a single email.

I'm considering buying a prebuilt, my brother desperately needs an upgrade from his very well used 4.5GHz 2500K/GTX 680 rig that I built in 2011 so I could get a prebuilt with a 3080 and swap my current 1080 into it. I doubt he'd be interested in chipping in (he knows if he waits long enough I'll take pity on him) but I'd rather not spend four digits on just the card when I could, in theory, spend a bit more and get an entire PC with it.

Then again I haven't looked at any prebuilts so I don't know what they cost, I suppose prices on those have inflated too lately. Frankly I'm afraid to look because I might actually buy one! I mean, I'd like a 3080, but I don't need one.

Last edited:
@neema_t it was actually CCL, I got several alerts in mid-Late November-December. I signed up for alerts for 4 or 5 cards I was happy to purchase, I was too slow to the first few alerts but managed to get one eventually.

Perhaps I was just lucky though, I'd have thought stock would be more readily availalbe by now, but no signs of that happening that soon. You'd likely get a pre-built PC faster, just buy one you'd be happy with that has enough parts you'd be happy to consider an upgrade from what you already have.

@neema_t it was actually CCL, I got several alerts in mid-Late November-December. I signed up for alerts for 4 or 5 cards I was happy to purchase, I was too slow to the first few alerts but managed to get one eventually.

Perhaps I was just lucky though, I'd have thought stock would be more readily availalbe by now, but no signs of that happening that soon. You'd likely get a pre-built PC faster, just buy one you'd be happy with that has enough parts you'd be happy to consider an upgrade from what you already have.

That's what I did this week. I bought one of these that came with a 3080. I'll be selling my older pc with an AMD 5700 next week.

Jerome

Last edited:
That's what I did this week. I bought one of these that came with a 3080. I'll be selling my older pc with an AMD 5700 next week.

Jerome
Yeah that's problably the easiest way to get a 3080 now without paying almost as much to a scalper for just the card, looks like a good spec and the mobo will allow a CPU upgrade in the future if you ever need/want one.

Is there no RTX3080ti? I can't find it in webshops.
At this point the answer is no. A "ti" model has been announced to be coming several times and with several different specs but each time has been either cancelled altogether or delayed and as of right now there is no "ti" model or credible information whether there will ever be one or if so when it may become reality.

Last edited:
Yes, but the prices are ridiculous (and that is even an understatement). My knowledge of the English language isn't good enough to say how unbelievable ridiculous the current pc hardware prices are.

Is there no RTX3080ti? I can't find it in webshops.

Delayed indefinitely. News continually pops up about it (an article recently popped up about it having capped mining performance) but don't expect it anytime soon.

And my knowledge of the English language is good enough (that's not me teasing you :P) but my choice of words would result in me having to ban myself, so... :lol:

Every time nVidia is heavily rumored to announce Ti versions of the 3080 or the 3070 they get browbeaten to death with shame for the audacity of trying to launch premium versions of SKUs that are already nonexistent in supply and cancel it again.

At this point they'll probably do a Super refresh at the end of summer and be done with it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back