NWN or Morrowind?

• NWN

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Morrowind

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • or Both

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Neverwinter Nights all the way, I've got a thread with a screenshot a few threads below this. Morrowind was OK, but it had a clumsy interface and was too open ended for my tastes. (Very little cohesive storyline driving me on.) I also didn't think that Morrowind had decent graphics at all. It had nice landscape, and the water effect was excellent, but all the textures were extremely washed out, and low res in feel. The characters were also way too blocky looking.
Neverwinter Nights however has an excellent storyline which you can play through in any manner you wish. You can play a virtuous Paladin saving everyone, or you can murder people and take their money to buy better weapons. 😈
NWN also has an excellent interface, probably one of the best I've ever seen, and it just reeks of quality. The graphics are also top notch, and Morrowind shouldn't be compared to it at all let alone think that the graphics are better. The grass effect is worth the price of admission alone (As you walk, the long grass pushes aside instead of your character clipping right through it as in other games.)
Add in perfect music, excellent sound effects, spell effects up there with the best games (except Final Fantasy's Summons, nobody has beat those yet...)
I gave up morrowind out of boredom and frustration (terrible combat controls), and I'm about halfway through NWN right now, and I can gaurantee that I'll be finishing this one, as it's the best game I've played in years. :)

Attachments

• nwn3.jpg
    nwn3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 57
I have to agree with Tom on this one. If someone just gave you their copy of Morrowind, I would install it and check it out, but if your looking to buy one or the other, definately go with NWN. Great storyline, great graphics (You can install 16, 24, or 32 Bit Textures......I went with 32bit textures, :) ), great gameplay, great music, great weapons, great interface. Can you tell I think this game is great? :D

Anyhow....

:cheers:

I've played Morrowind, which i think is excellent. I haven't played NWN, but have heard many good things. So i vote both.

Back