VGT like them or not? (Poll)

• Thread starter Igano
  • 86 comments

Do you like and use VGT cars in GT7?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Voted yes. Some of them are among the best cars in the game, concept cars are in the GT DNA since PSX and in VR some are simply fire.
Also, I think it's really cool that manufacturers trust Polyphony enough to make these (especially Ferrari).
Never understood the hate toward them.

I couldn't really care less regarding VGTs. If I don't use any, it's for the same reason I don't use 93.756% o the cars in this game. Most of them have little use unless you're setting up custom races.

That being said, I'd trade them all for the 296 GT3, 488 GT3, C8R GT3, new Mustang GT3, or 720 GT3... or any of the other woefully outdated GT cars. Or a track. So if any of the resources spent on the VGTs were to be spent elsewhere I wouldn't be upset. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I’m on the fence with them really. As someone who’s mostly into JDM cars and sports coupes I don’t really use them so much but I think it’s a pretty cool idea for manufacturers to use a car simulator platform to simulate ideas for new car designs. As long as they don’t get too silly and unrealistic. I’m not even all that offended over the ‘spaceship’ designs. A lot of actual real hypercars look like that to me anyway, it’s just the way the look of modern cars are going these days. Like all things these kinda designs will be out of fashion in about 5 years to be replaced by something even worse probably :lol:

Last edited:
I voted 'yes' but only because a better, more nuanced, option wasn't available.

I simply don't care whether they are there or not. Like others have said, some are good while others aren't.

I don't know the entire details of the process of how cars get added to the game, and I don't think anyone here does either. Unless someone works for PD, how could we know? So the argument that a VGT is taking the spot of a car some user wants more is unverifiable given what we don't know about the process (licensing, scanning, time, etc.). Thus, I don't think it's an argument that holds water.

I voted also yes, since there is no middle option. I like a few of the VGTs but most of them I don't care at all.

Having said that though, I have purchased only 1 of them with my credits (the Alpine because Extra Menu), all others I have either driven in GT Sport or are prizes from campaigns/Roulette. I have so much trouble generating credits that I will not use them for a VGT when so many legendary cars exist.

There are some very good exceptions, such as Ferrari Porsche and McLaren... Unfortunately, the lack of a cockpit in many of them takes my interest away from them....
We are in 2024!!! Not in 2004....

Last edited:
Question: when you’re in one of these no cockpit VGTs in VR, does it go into chase cam or is the view like you’re just floating in the air or something?

There were some VGT's I actually enjoyed, such as the Toyota, Bugatti and Porsche, and I was actually able to see the Nissan in real life, when I visited the Nissan Crossing store in Ginza, Tokyo. So I'm more on the positive side of VGT.

Unfortunately I had to sell most of my VGT's just to buy the Porsche 917K and have not recovered from losing them. So far, the only VGT I currently have in my garage would be the Ferrari (for now).

Last edited:
I voted yes because i do use them, would not drop a dime to buy one but when they are given to me i will keep and use / abuse

Depends a lot of the car in question.

Some are awesome.

Some are trash.

Some are meh.

But none of them are implemented correctly in the game. They could have done so much more with them.

Last edited:
Can’t really say I hate them, but the majority of them…I nothing them. They’re just there, go unused and are all but forgotten about for me. Many of them I just purchased to complete the car collection and never even test drove them. Some of them I test drove but don’t really have any use for as I’d rather use other cars, but a few of them I do really like how they look and/or drive.

Can’t really say I hate them, but the majority of them…I nothing them. They’re just there, go unused and are all but forgotten about for me. Many of them I just purchased to complete the car collection and never even test drove them. Some of them I test drove but don’t really have any use for as I’d rather use other cars, but a few of them I do really like how they look and/or drive.
Some of them sound nice but otherwise they're not much more than simplistic "art" fun to look at but that's about it

There needs to be a 3rd or 4th option to this poll, it's a bit too binary IMO. For example, I can dislike that we're getting flooded with VGT's while other categories are being ignored.

I don't think most GT players give a darn about the VGT's one way or another, they want balance. They want more Kie cars (which I personally hate), GR3, GR2, road cars, etc. etc.

Most people prolly dislike VGT vehicles because they feel oversaturated by the amount provided. I own a 2018 VW Golf R, it's not in the game. I'd love to see that instead of another VGT. Heck, I'd take a forklift over another VGT at this point.

The one VGT I am most disappointed with is the Mini, looks so good but you cannot upgrade it at all...
Most if not all of them can't be upgraded or even tuned if I'm not mistaken.

In that regard, the one that I hate the most is the Lamborghini VGT. It would be so much fun to use if it wasn't caged in that horrible transmission.

It kills time with a small discussion, before we all eventually perish and realise it was all for nothing.
What if it’s not all for nothing though? What if it determines where your soul spends eternity? Or what if we don’t even realize it was all for nothing when we perish? What if we’re not even alive right now? What if we are and don’t actually die when we think we do?

Back