VGT like them or not? (Poll)

• Thread starter Igano
  • 86 comments

Do you like and use VGT cars in GT7?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm guessing the OP wasn't going for subtlety. I'll abstain until there are more nuanced choices. I don't really like the ones that appear to be just graduate school thesis projects with minimal to no brand identity, but I quite like the ones that are more considered and have more brand identity, like the Honda 2 & 4, Bulgari VGT, Copen, AMG, Mazda RX-Vision, Suzuki and a few others.

What I do hate is how they take up a slot in being added over a real world car.:yuck:

GIF by Tokkingheads

I do like most of them. The Infiniti, Tomahawk S, Jaguar, and the new Genesis are among my favorites.

Last edited:
I take the exact same approach with the Vision Gran Turismo series as I do with concept cars I see at the car show each year.

Great to see, and sometimes they make it to production, but I know most of them won't make it beyond the show circuit.

One huge advantage is I can "drive" these, which can't be said of most show cars.

I love them personally, even the ones I dislike (if my signature wasn't any obvious indication on where I stand on this) - I feel the VGT project has been brilliant for car designers and the game as a whole with some really fun and interesting interpretation of the basic design 'brief' set out initially - how many of the participants take it in wildly different ways, their implementation into the game and their lack of tuning for mostmof them at the hands of PD aside I think they are great, id love to see more, sorry VGT haters but the looks of the poll are a bit more of a closer vote than some haters might like to believe :P

Last edited:
Why? It's going to stay around 50-50 no matter how much I leave it.

If I had a third option with a mild dislike negative votes would have been a strong majority I believe.
More nuanced and numerous options and a single question would have been more interesting of a poll I think

I don't mind them, Enjoy some of them but the ones with no cockpit view are not even gonna get raced, But would rather they focused fully on Cars that exist in the real world.

I the question should be do you like the concept of vgt cars not do you like specific cars. I answered yes, it's cool to get concepts before they are released but I prefer the ones closer to reality.

I would say 95% of them aren’t worth it. They have no upgrade path so the majority top out at about 165 mph making most straights a great spot to get passed by the AI.

Question: when you’re in one of these no cockpit VGTs in VR, does it go into chase cam or is the view like you’re just floating in the air or something?
It uses the roof cam. You're still able to look around, and it's like sticking your head out of a sunroof. Feels a bit weird but pretty fun actually. Since you don't see the tachometer you have to shift by sound.

I raced Sophy the other day in the VW GTI Supersport VGT:

As a concept and advertising model they're neat, but I'd prefer to have those modelling resources put toward actual cars. PD needs to adjust its staffing to ramp up production of cars and tracks, and I would be okay with paying for future DLCs as well. There are a tremendous number of cars from GT2 and 4 in particular that need to be in this game, especially classic cars and 80s/90s era. There are tons of race cars from that era that would be great editions to the existing groups as well, like the Super Touring/Class 2 cars that would be a great fit for Gr4 and a ton of fun to race. In fact, I try to put Super Touring era liveries on all my Gr4 cars simply because I want those types of cars in the game.

Last edited:
I had to vote no. Though if there was a third option, I'd vote that. It isn't that I hate them or their presence. Many of them look quite cool and drive nice, but the problem lies in the application of the cars. Outside of the VGT events, they have little use. Some of them in particular have no use at all such as the Tommy X. The Tommy X can't even be used in the VGT events making it completely useless for anything other than money exploits.

Now say if there were more of the VGT events, and a dedicated event series for both the Tommy X and the Daihatsu in particular, since these two seem to be the odd balls performance-wise, I'd probably have a more positive opinion of them.

Last edited:
Voted yes. Like the concept behind them and the few I dislike are the ones which are more sci-fantasy (Chaparral / Tomahawk).

I hate VGTs like the new Genesis one: only able to go absurdly fast on a straight. I'm ok with the "realistic" ones.

[...]
Now say if there were more of the VGT events, and a dedicated event series for both the Tommy X and the Daihatsu in particular, since these two seem to be the odd balls performance-wise, I'd probably have a more positive opinion of them.

No reason not to extend it to other VGTs too.

An easy way to highlight these cars would be to be to pair them up with other relevant models within the same brand - something as simple as making it the highest category of a multi-class event series or just one-make events if they are that outlandish.

VGT rivals... Manufacturer vs Manufacturer. Wouldn't that be something?

Spitballing...

There's a handful that are actually OK such as the AMG's, BMW and Mazda, but I would never deliberately choose to use them unless a race dictates. The others are all utter nonsense, seemingly having plucked a number from the sky for a ridiculous bhp headline figure, like that silly Genesis thing, making them near undrivable. In a nutshell, I hate them! 🤣

Voted yes. Some of them are among the best cars in the game, concept cars are in the GT DNA since PSX and in VR some are simply fire.
Also, I think it's really cool that manufacturers trust Polyphony enough to make these (especially Ferrari).
Never understood the hate toward them.
same its silly. dont like them fine dont drive them.

What are some of the ones you enjoy?

Back