Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
Man, they should've let Kompany and Barton have at it there. Kompany would break Barton's legs and roundhouse kick him into the lockers. One can only dream, but Barton is just a disgrace to this sport.

Am a United fan, and that was gutting but somehow I knew it was going to happen. I have always said the team that wins the league deserves to win it, and City did this year as they were the better team, looking forward to next year now. ;)

The Liverpool result is almost overshadowed by the glorious fact that utd didn't win a thing this year 👍 Going to spend the next year laughing at my brother :sly:

The Liverpool result is almost overshadowed by the glorious fact that utd didn't win a thing this year

Almost. But you guys have had a complete shocker this year. For some fans of a club as big as Liverpool to be clutching at straws in taking pride in the Carling Cup is quite depressing, really. First time since 2005 that you've finished behind Everton.

I really think Kenny needs to go. You lot deserve much better managerial wise.

Almost. But you guys have had a complete shocker this year. For some fans of a club as big as Liverpool to be clutching at straws in taking pride in the Carling Cup is quite depressing, really. First time since 2005 that you've finished behind Everton.

True that. Even Barcelona, who have chances to win the Copa del Rey and the Supercopa de España know they have been a failure this season.

The Liverpool result is almost overshadowed by the glorious fact that utd didn't win a thing this year 👍 Going to spend the next year laughing at my brother :sly:
We actually beat City 3-2 to win the FA Community Shield at the start of the season.

We actually beat City 3-2 to win the FA Community Shield at the start of the season.

Just like I've referred to with Liverpool and the Carling Cup... why would a United fan suddenly take the Charity Shield seriously? Oh, because he's suddenly got nothing else.

Face it, this was a rare season in which United won nothing worthwhile.

Just like I've referred to with Liverpool and the Carling Cup... why would a United fan suddenly take the Charity Shield seriously? Oh, because he's suddenly got nothing else.

Face it, this was a rare season in which United won nothing worthwhile.
OK not worthwhile but it was one of our best games because it was the only game where we beat City this season. That is special to a United fan.

Liquid
Pretty ironic that City used Fergie time to squeeze two goals out to win it.
:lol: City fans must have never experienced something like this since when they were Chelsea Fans, Big Big result for the Arsenal focus on keeping RVP,theo and Song sell the dead beats and bring in some well needed signings with podolski.

United going to go have a crazy summer spending I reckon sorting out that midfield. Wonder if they'll go back in for Sneijder... :?

My day: Was in the car with it on the radio, went into SuperMacs to go to the toilet, saw the scores on Sky News, says Man City 1-2, go to bathroom, come out, look at scores, sees Man City 3-2 and the whole shopping center crowded around the Sky Booth, amazing.

Shame Arsenal won but even more reason for Chelsea to lose next week.:D

United going to go have a crazy summer spending I reckon sorting out that midfield. Wonder if they'll go back in for Sneijder... :?

As a loyal Man U fan this is the most worried ive been, we managed to see off Chelsea and their money but City i think will be a far tougher challenge. Just ask why Eden Hazard has chosen the blue side?? He just the latest in a long line of top players that have turned UTD down.:nervous:

Akmuq kindly give us Modric your welcome to Berbatov in part ex.:sly:

Last edited:
OK not worthwhile but it was one of our best games because it was the only game where we beat City this season. That is special to a United fan.

Except in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Cheer up Liverpudlians, I am sure your 50+mil pound striker line-up will score some goals, when it matters, one day ;).

Nice result for the Gunners, it wasn't that long ago that 8-2 and mid table mediocrity was the talk of the town. At least we are in Europe next year. I'll be cheering for chelfy in the CL - such a shame if Spur's have to forgo their place...:D

Apologies to Liverpool fans, but it's the only funny I've found so far. I'm guessing City fans will get cracking once they recover from their hangovers.

0fBZH.jpg

It's amazing that Wigan eventually finished just four points behind teams which have been raved about all season long like Swansea and Norwich.

Just goes to show how that purple patch against the bigger teams helped them.

Also, Re: Joe Barton.

He's not a hardman, he's not a nutter. He's an aggressive guy surrounded by a bunch of complete wusses. Everything he does is child play in any other contact sport. It's laughable.

[EDIT] Okay, he is a nutter.

It doesn't help that City players like Tevez and Aguero fall down like London Bridge, but there's no excuse for what he did yesterday. I swear I read somewhere that Barton said that a team mate said to him "Take one of theirs down with you" and he obliged.

He's an absolute breast. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sold.

It doesn't help that City players like Tevez and Aguero fall down like London Bridge, but there's no excuse for what he did yesterday. I swear I read somewhere that Barton said that a team mate said to him "Take one of theirs down with you" and he obliged.

He's an absolute breast. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sold.

He posted it all on twitter, complete with some 🤬 and some more 🤬, what an idiot. By saying that his ban will likely be even higher now because it shows he was in control and did it anyway, 6-10 game ban coming for him.:lol:

Well done to Man City too, even as a Man Utd I have to admit they deserve it this year.:ouch:

Being a City fan for over 10 years, it will be a day that I will remember forever! I watched the game with my dad and grandad and I don't think we believed our eyes.

If i'm honest we all lost faith come 88 mins played. But I never thought I'd see 2 goals in stoppage time! I guess we have Joey Barton to thank for that!

Also, I NEVER want to go thru anything like that again! My voice box is 🤬 and my adrenaline shot thru the roof!

CTID!

Last edited:
Being a City fan for over 10 years, it will be a day that I will remember forever! I watched the game with my dad and grandad and I don't think we believed our eyes.

If i'm honest we all lost faith come 88 mins played. But I never thought I'd see 2 goals in stoppage time! I guess we have Joey Barton to thank for that!

Also, I NEVER want to go thru anything like that again! My voice box is 🤬 and my adrenaline shot thru the roof!

CTID!

Us reds beaten by Fergie time how ironics that!:crazy:

Us reds beaten by Fergie time how ironics that!:crazy:

I hate the term "Fergie Time" along with all the rest of the media driving terms that they come out with because they don't have anything intelligent to say.:yuck:

Yesterday there was five minutes of added time at City because of that 🤬 Barton getting sent off again and then not leaving the pitch while trying to get a Man City player or two sent off in the process.👎 Most of the time the added time is fair or predictable and that goes for everyone, not just for Fergie as most of the media and other teams' fans like to believe.:sly:

In other news it looks like the end for Alex Mcleish at Aston Villa.:indiff:

I hate the term "Fergie Time" along with all the rest of the media driving terms that they come out with because they don't have anything intelligent to say.

How else should they describe it? Supplementary post-injury time time? United have had a fair rub of the green over the years, get over it. Of course there was added time at Eastlands yesterday because of Barton, it's just usually classic United to score in the final few minutes to pick up a decent result. This time, it worked for their rivals. Just a 'humerous' observation that what usually works for United helped City win the league.

Good riddence to McLeish. He can go back to Scotland now. His teams play bad football. Poor sucker who takes the Villa job; **** team on the slide. Why would Lambert or Martinez move from better teams? They should stay.

How else should they describe it? Supplementary post-injury time time? United have had a fair rub of the green over the years, get over it. Of course there was added time at Eastlands yesterday because of Barton, it's just usually classic United to score in the final few minutes to pick up a decent result. This time, it worked for their rivals. Just a 'humerous' observation that what usually works for United helped City win the league.

How about just calling injury/added time since that is what it is, the ref can add as much as he wants to, the fact that there is no need for buzz words or phrases is what I'm getting at. When they are over used anywhere it bugs me, not just in this case.;)

I hate the term "Fergie Time" along with all the rest of the media driving terms that they come out with because they don't have anything intelligent to say.:yuck:

Yesterday there was five minutes of added time at City because of that 🤬 Barton getting sent off again and then not leaving the pitch while trying to get a Man City player or two sent off in the process.👎 Most of the time the added time is fair or predictable and that goes for everyone, not just for Fergie as most of the media and other teams' fans like to believe.:sly:

In other news it looks like the end for Alex Mcleish at Aston Villa.:indiff:

Im a Utd fan i might add not sure if ya having a go probably not just thought it was ironic thats all.:D

Back