Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
Im a Utd fan i might add not sure if ya having a go probably not just thought it was ironic thats all.:D

I'm not having a go, I just don't like all these stupid terms that they have for everything these days. You or anything else are free to use them and while I don't have to like it, I do have to accept it. The media on the other hand shouldn't need or want to use them and yet they often create or encourage there use and that annoys me.:ouch:

Ronglish and Mersonese are two of the greatest languages to come out of football.

With semantics and metaphors courtesy of Ian Holloway.

I'm not having a go, I just don't like all these stupid terms that they have for everything these days. You or anything else are free to use them and while I don't have to like it, I do have to accept it. The media on the other hand shouldn't need or want to use them and yet they often create or encourage there use and that annoys me.:ouch:

Blimey i'd never thought of it that way:crazy: Keep smilin fella worse things happen to Blackburn fans.:grumpy:

Blimey i'd never thought of it that way:crazy: Keep smilin fella worse things happen to Blackburn fans.:grumpy:

I think finishing 92nd out of 92nd is much worse. And that was back in 2008. I've said it before, but come back when you score 98 points, break club records for wins, goal difference, points, clean sheets and consecutive clean sheets and still come away with absolutely sod all. Love the two up, two down between L2 and the Conf.

I think finishing 92nd out of 92nd is much worse. And that was back in 2008. I've said it before, but come back when you score 98 points, break club records for wins, goal difference, points, clean sheets and consecutive clean sheets and still come away with absolutely sod all. Love the two up, two down between L2 and the Conf.

Case closed:bowdown:

Anyway SAF spend some money this summer for christ sake even if it just improves the Man U fifa 12 side!!:sly:

United badly need some depth. And some quality.

So a bit of everything, really. They can still pull out the cheque book when it matters, but City are in a fantastic position to dominate English football for a long time. As long as the oil money is there, they can basically do what they want.

The truth hurts indeed If i hear anymore commentary from the City game regarding Agueros goal i think i'll head for the nearest bridge! All ive heard on Talksport today!!👎................But i aint bitter.:lol:

The truth hurts indeed If i hear anymore commentary from the City game regarding Agueros goal i think i'll head for the nearest bridge! All ive heard on Talksport today!!👎................But i aint bitter.:lol:

i know the feeling pal! i have had enough of it now as well..its all theyve talked about on sky sports news today:grumpy:..and i avoided any news of the parade like the plague!

but i think all the talk will die down in a few days though..as the CL final draws near..

I'm guessing City fans players will get cracking once they recover from their hangovers.

Seriously Tevez?!
As4MwVzCAAAGLSS.jpg

ah jesus! what a:censored:!!..well if mancini had any sense he'd sell him in the summer!!

That's appalling. Ferguson was magnanimous in defeat - congratulating Manchester City and acknowledging a campaign well fought by his club's bitterest rivals. But, since when could we expect some good old-fashioned manners and decency from the likes of Tevez? I used to think Tevez was a bit of a dick, but I was wrong - he's actually a total dick.

Seriously Tevez?!

The meaning behind the banner could well be a reference to Ferguson's famous response when asked three years ago if United would ever be underdogs against City. "Not in my lifetime," he said.

The meaning behind the banner could well be a reference to Ferguson's famous response when asked three years ago if United would ever be underdogs against City. "Not in my lifetime," he said.

So Tevez has gone to the Richard Hammond School of Victory to prove that he's a sore winner then.

City have apologised for a 'judgemental error'.

So a bit of everything, really. They can still pull out the cheque book when it matters, but City are in a fantastic position to dominate English football for a long time. As long as the oil money is there, they can basically do what they want.

What about when FFP kicks in? Heard they were going to struggle with the new rules.

What about when FFP kicks in? Heard they were going to struggle with the new rules.
Meh, UEFA is run by quasi-politicians, the clubs will no doubt have the best legal and accounting talents at hand to defeat these regulations.

Meh, UEFA is run by quasi-politicians, the clubs will no doubt have the best legal and accounting talents at hand to defeat these regulations.

I agree, there isn't much chance of these new regulations ever happening but if they do then teams like Manchester City and Chelsea would struggle to comply.:D

As for Tevez his latest actions prove he belongs in the same list as Barton, Balotelli, Suarez and the rest, who simply don't deserve to be where they are.:yuck:

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party... but absolutely amazing end to EPL!!

I know what Tevez held up wasn't right but Sir Alex's mind games should have ended and he should have kept his mouth shut the minute Man City won the title.

i know the feeling pal! i have had enough of it now as well..its all theyve talked about on sky sports news today:grumpy:..and i avoided any news of the parade like the plague!

but i think all the talk will die down in a few days though..as the CL final draws near..

Agreed already a little better today.:rolleyes: Just got to stop kidding myself Hazard might just choose the reds shame he looks some player.:grumpy:

That's appalling. Ferguson was magnanimous in defeat - congratulating Manchester City and acknowledging a campaign well fought by his club's bitterest rivals. But, since when could we expect some good old-fashioned manners and decency from the likes of Tevez? I used to think Tevez was a bit of a dick, but I was wrong - he's actually a total dick.

Amen to that 6 years in England and still dosent have the decency or intelligence to learn the language!!??!!:crazy: Maybe if he had he would relise just how bad that looks not to mention the iffy symbol on the poster aswell!!👎

Apologies for double post rant.:guilty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheer up gonna take time lol:ouch: As for Barton blokes clearly got demons my son met him at an acadamy function and he was the nicest fella you could wish to meet sad really:grumpy:

Thing is though they won't. There is only so much City can offer players and even then, like Chelsea they will only attract a certain breed 'just look at the classlessness from Nasri for example'. They'll win a couple of premier leagues and fa cups, but like Chelsea, they'll fall short of dominating anything. There is only so much money somebody is willing to waste on a football club, and it's not as if their owner unlike Roman, is actually passionate about football. The fact that United matched them with an insane injury list and a young squad should be a warning to anybody that thinks City will dominate. I expect them to win the premier league next year at a canter, but United have a fantastic young team growing. It's just a case of reducing injuries and having players step up and take over the mantle that the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Rio will leave in the next 2 years.

Lets not forget Chelsea were in the same position 7 years ago and all the money hasn't done them that well at all in the long run. They should have dominated football in that time but haven't got close. A CL this weekend will only mask massive cracks in their squad that should have been noticed in the premier league. If they don't win, you can probably say goodbye to Chelsea being a top four side for a long time.

You underestimate the power of money. Players will still move there.

Unlike Chelsea, the manager of Manchester City only signs players he wants. Roman is the master of transfer policy at Chelsea and look where it's gotten them. Plus hiring AVB was a weak move.

No-one would have predicted United's dominance in the era after Liverpool. We'll just wait and see....

the only reason why chelsea havnt dominated with all the great players and the money they have is because the have got any incredibly impatient owner who sacks someone pretty much every season!!

he shouldnt have sacked mourinho..

Back