Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
Ironically enough they're at about the level which Roy Hodgson is good at.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa back.

a little bit surprised about that to be honest..but im not shocked.. i thought they would give him another season at least

So it begins:

"Horatio! Dalglish has been sacked!"

"Well I guess it looks like he's..."

*puts on sunglasses*

"...walking alone!"

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

---

What a day for Stewart Downing. Not only has he made the England squad but he just claimed his first assist of the season when he helped Dalglish get the sack!

:( Sad to see the King leave.. Not liking all of the names being thrown around either.. Brendan Rodgers, Paul Lambert, Roberto Martinez? Don't get me wrong they've done great jobs with they're clubs but little experience at the top level..
Not so sure on the AVB rumors either.. Rafa please!

Oh dear lord, haven't Liverpool suffered enough?

article-0-087B36F9000005DC-763_472x346.jpg

Ummm, nope.

Also Mcleish is 66-1. ;)

So it begins:

"Horatio! Dalglish has been sacked!"

"Well I guess it looks like he's..."

*puts on sunglasses*

"...walking alone!"

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

---

What a day for Stewart Downing. Not only has he made the England squad but he just claimed his first assist of the season when he helped Dalglish get the sack!

LMAO!! How he got infront of Adam Johnson beats me:crazy: Even more crazy is Jordan Henderson being on the standby list wtf!!:eek: Ahead of Carrick please yes thats how bad Henderson is imo. As for Dalglish i for one wont miss him (taking my UTD hat of for a minute) i was getting to the stage were i was hiding behind the couch before his MOTD post match interviews:yuck: surly arrogant sod not to mention his handling of the Surez affair good riddence!👎

Liverpool candidates:The foreign contingent

Rafael_Benitez-1-200-200-85-crop.jpg
Ranieri_Claudio-200x200.jpg
Fabio_Capello.jpg

I'd be surprised if they appointed someone domestic. Martinez isn't quite good enough, and Paul Lambert or Brendan Rodgers would be major longshots.

Please if there's one thing Liverpool are good at lately it's producing shocks. Waiting for the headline Rafa Benitez interviewed at Anfield.

Hope he comes back, also heard that Murinho is interested in coming back to English football. Wouldn't be a bad decision to offer him a interview. ;)

also heard that Murinho is interested in coming back to English football. Wouldn't be a bad decision to offer him a interview. ;)
Yes, and why not ask Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo while they're at it? :P

Rafa is probably the best bet, although managerial returns don't have a great history of working out well. I think Martinez would be a good choice, personally.

Touring Mars
Yes, and why not ask Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo while they're at it? :P

Rafa is probably the best bet, although managerial returns don't have a great history of working out well. I think Martinez would be a good choice, personally.

Cause there not gonna come for anything less then 100m. :dopey:

And I personally would like Rafa back. Cause he did an awful lot of good for Liverpool not to long ago. And I believe he only left through disagreements with the previous owners.

Cause there not gonna come for anything less then 100m. :dopey:

And I personally would like Rafa back. Cause he did an awful lot of good for Liverpool not to long ago. And I believe he only left through disagreements with the previous owners.

Totally, agree with you Matty on this one.

Asking for Mourinho or Guardiola or even some of the German and Dutch managers is a big ask. Mourinho has only really performed well at clubs where money has been no object and has been able to splash the cash. With the Premier League at the moment, a budget of £30m would've been sufficient to grab a Top-4 about 2 or 3 years ago but now that's almost standard.

Benitez is truly still loved by lots of Liverpool fans and for sure there will be question marks over his ability of nurture young players, his rotation policy and his controversial tactics of zonal marking and so on but the Liverpool players and fans are the some of the most welcoming players and fans in the world. Such a great connection between players and fans and lets try and connect that relationship to the owners too.

Potentially something maginificent to come out of this managerial decision. Just needs to be the right guy in the right job.

Benitez won them a European Cup, an FA Cup and got them 2nd in the league.

Look at them now.

Think of their squad 2007-2009 with players like Alonso and Garcia.

And look at it now.

Says it all.

I would love Rafa to come back to Liverpool.

Mourinho? No thanks. Absolutely loathe everything about him.

Chqr
Totally, agree with you Matty on this one.

Asking for Mourinho or Guardiola or even some of the German and Dutch managers is a big ask. Mourinho has only really performed well at clubs where money has been no object and has been able to splash the cash. With the Premier League at the moment, a budget of £30m would've been sufficient to grab a Top-4 about 2 or 3 years ago but now that's almost standard.

Benitez is truly still loved by lots of Liverpool fans and for sure there will be question marks over his ability of nurture young players, his rotation policy and his controversial tactics of zonal marking and so on but the Liverpool players and fans are the some of the most welcoming players and fans in the world. Such a great connection between players and fans and lets try and connect that relationship to the owners too.

Potentially something maginificent to come out of this managerial decision. Just needs to be the right guy in the right job.

Exactly, he held a good team together and left when the owners tried to do his job. We should have a decent amount of money now with Warriors £30m sponsorship + Standered Chartered and Fenway Sports.

Liquid
Benitez won them a European Cup, an FA Cup and got them 2nd in the league.

Look at them now.

Think of their squad 2007-2009 with players like Alonso and Garcia.

And look at it now.

Says it all.

And Arbaloa. Hicks and Gillette ruined Liverpool.

toplesscouple

I wouldn't mind Mourinho. He made Chelsea what they are today with Abromavic's money. But I think he'd make a good job outta Liverpool and IIRC he said he's looking for a new challenge and would like to go back to English football.

I wouldn't mind Mourinho. He made Chelsea what they are today with Abromavic's money. But I think he'd make a good job outta Liverpool and IIRC he said he's looking for a new challenge and would like to go back to English football.

I don't think there's enough money floating around Liverpool to suit Mourinho. Personally, I would much prefer the dignified Rafa to the arrogant media-hound Mourinho is.

toplesscouple
I don't think there's enough money floating around Liverpool to suit Mourinho. Personally, I would much prefer the dignified Rafa to the arrogant media-hound Mourinho is.

What you say there I have to agree with. But, there may just be enough money for him.

They get roughly 30m of Warrior for wearing there jerseys. Maybe 10m of Standered Chartered and I'd say 30-40m of Fenway Sports Ltd.

So around 80m to play around with. Whoever takes this job has a good amount to buy with.

The only think I believe that will stop Mourinho from getting the job is Fenway's search for a long-term replacement - four, five years long. Mourinho I highly suspect based on previous spells won't match that contract.

Chqr
The only think I believe that will stop Mourinho from getting the job is Fenway's search for a long-term replacement - four, five years long. Mourinho I highly suspect based on previous spells won't match that contract.

I suppose your right. Rafa did a good six year term before but I don't know of he would want to again.

I can totally see Capello at Liverpool; I think it would be a good fit too. Martinez? Yea, that will work because Hodgson did.....oh wait.

. Yea, that will work because Hodgson did.....oh wait.

I remember hearing Hodgson being interviewed a few weeks after he got the Liverpool job, and on being asked if Torres preferred playing as a lone striker or with support he replied 'I don't know'. That did it for me with him. He was the manager, it was his flipping job to know!

Whoever the new manager is, he really needs to have a clear out of all the dross.

Considering the absolutely diabolical form Torres was in during that 18 month period, I'm not surprised he didn't know. He looked like a pub footballer between late 2010 up until recently. And even now he's nowhere near a world class striker.

i know that this is slightly of topic..

..but as a swansea fan can i just say how delighted and relieved iam that brendan rodgers has turned down an approach from liverpool..if he goes in the summer we could be relegated before easter!..and another thing there are a few internet rumours that the swans have argeed a 7mill deal with hoffenhiem to sign sigurdsson..god i hope there are true! :nervous:

Say what you will about Mourinho but he's the best coach footy has now, or has ever seen

and yes, I'm a bit of a Mourinho fanboy. You want success and glory, almost guaranteed? You get Mou.

I'm really interested in seeing who Liverpool picks up as coach and I wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa back.

Say what you will about Mourinho but he's the best coach footy has now, or has ever seen

and yes, I'm a bit of a Mourinho fanboy. You want success and glory, almost guaranteed? You get Mou.

Wrong. Alex Ferguson, Bob Paisley or Brian Clough are more worthy of that award.

Back