Official GTPlanet GTA V Crew | Covering the World of Grand Theft Auto

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 3,457 comments
Is it all right to ask for an invite for my nephew? He's known about the GTPL crew for a while now (because of me) and knows how the crew operates and works (again, because of me). I also made him read the OP and made sure he understands what he's getting into since my neck is also on the line. He's just starting out at around level 40 and wants to be able to compete/play with others who are competent enough with actual brains who won't kill him every opportunity they get.

Is it all right to ask for an invite for my nephew? He's known about the GTPL crew for a while now (because of me) and knows how the crew operates and works (again, because of me). I also made him read the OP and made sure he understands what he's getting into since my neck is also on the line. He's just starting out at around level 40 and wants to be able to compete/play with others who are competent enough with actual brains who won't kill him every opportunity they get.

That's fine, we just need his details using the form in the OP so we can add him to the member list. :)

Ah, ok. Here's his info.

Social Club Username: TFAV22
PlayStation Network ID/Xbox Live Gamertag/PC Name: Boxer4fan
Location and/or time zone: UTC -5
Console(s): PS4

Thanks for this. I felt kinda bad since he was playing by himself mostly. Hopefully now he can enjoy playing with other more respectable players.

Ah, ok. Here's his info.

Social Club Username: TFAV22
PlayStation Network ID/Xbox Live Gamertag/PC Name: Boxer4fan
Location and/or time zone: UTC -5
Console(s): PS4

Thanks for this. I felt kinda bad since he was playing by himself mostly. Hopefully now he can enjoy playing with other more respectable players.

Invite sent. 👍

I've started getting into online the past couple days. Would love to have some people to hang with so I'm not going it alone. Hop on the back of my Faggio and we'll take a ride.

Social Club Username:
dylansan
PlayStation Network ID/Xbox Live Gamertag/PC Name: dylansan
Location and/or time zone: Massachusetts/EST
Console(s): PC

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I've started getting into online the past couple days. Would love to have some people to hang with so I'm not going it alone. Hop on the back of my Faggio and we'll take a ride.

Social Club Username:
dylansan
PlayStation Network ID/Xbox Live Gamertag/PC Name: dylansan
Location and/or time zone: Massachusetts/EST
Console(s): PC

Welcome Dylan. Re-read the OP, you missed something :P

Dangit. I read the rules yesterday and reread them today looking for the thing about chicken nuggets. I see now why I didn't find it.

@Katiegan

Appeal to remove KevinRachel2009 from the crew and demote @JASON_ROCKS1998

@JASON_ROCKS1998 before you even try to pin this on me, I came to join the MC and help you guys out.. first time back in months and I need funds.

KevinRachel2009 crashed on the side of the mountain and in order to get them to your club so they don't get shot by the cops chasing you, I honked several times. They blew me to kingdom come instead.

You guys wanted to start something okay.. I went after KevinRachel2009.

I DID NOT, however, expect YOU of all people to come up behind me and shoot me in the back. 👎

@Katiegan

@JASON_ROCKS1998 before you even try to pin this on me, I came to join the MC and help you guys out.. first time back in months and I need funds.

KevinRachel2009 crashed on the side of the mountain and in order to get them to your club so they don't get shot by the cops chasing you, I honked several times. They blew me to kingdom come instead.

I DID NOT, however, expect YOU of all people to come up behind me and shoot me in the back. 👎
How the heck were we supposed to know that you were friendly? What are we supposed to expect when we're playing a game that's infamous for griefing and trolling and we see a blip rapidly approaching us during a supply run? This would have all been avoided if you had sent a message of peace to one of us.
Heck, I didn't even do anything to you, and you began killing me, so fair game on that. Don't make out like you're innocent when you began sniping me while I was minding my own business.

The real question is,
  • Who fired first/exactly how did it go down?
  • Did everyone involved have the GTPL crew set as their active crew and thus have the GTPL tag next to their name and would stand out on the minimap?
  • Videos, photos? Witnesses not related to either party? Any other form of solid evidence?

The real question is,
  • Did everyone involved have the GTPL crew set as their active crew and thus have the GTPL tag next to their name and would stand out on the minimap?
  • Videos, photos? Witnesses not related to either party? Any other form of solid evidence?
Pretty sure I was the only one in our MC with GTPL as active, and I didn't realise a GTP crew member was in the session until after the killing started.

@Katiegan

Would definitely recommend you back this up with some evidence. Remember you can bring up the PSN menu and save video after the incident.

Would definitely recommend you back this up with some evidence. Remember you can bring up the PSN menu and save video after the incident.

Should've done so... :grumpy:

The real question is,

1. I guess @ZDUPH if his PSN ID is KevinRachel2009.
  2. Only @JASON_ROCKS1998
  3. Unfortunately not.
How the heck were we supposed to know that you were friendly? What are we supposed to expect when we're playing a game that's infamous for griefing and trolling and we see a blip rapidly approaching us during a supply run? This would have all been avoided if you had sent a message of peace to one of us.
Heck, I didn't even do anything to you, and you began killing me, so fair game on that. Don't make out like you're innocent when you began sniping me while I was minding my own business.

I was blown to pieces and constantly targeted after the initial strike. Rapidly approaching? You mean trailing the conga line of cops behind you?

You came down in what I think was a jet and slammed head on into the side of the damn mountain. I assumed you were trying to take the cops out. No biggie.

You spawned on the mountain side next to a boulder and I honked at you several times to tell you to get in. Next thing I see is a damn grenade launcher equipped and a grenade headed for my car.

In no way was I threat to you. In no way did I provoke you.

Pretty sure I was the only one in our MC with GTPL as active, and I didn't realise a GTP crew member was in the session until after the killing started.

You mean after you came up to my spawn point and shot me in the back? Sure.

You know you get a notification on top of your minimap when a crew member joins you but I'll let it slide since you were in the middle of something.

Plus there were only four of us in the damn session. If you wanted to know who was approaching, all you could've done was bring up the player list.

--------

@ZDUPH is not that PSN ID I apologize. I tried shooting you across the mountain thinking you were KevinRachel2009. Even then only Jason had the GTPL crew designation on

Last edited:
There's this handy icon on the mini map that indicates someone is in your crew in the session....
jnMBsJT.jpg

Should've done so... :grumpy:

1. I guess @ZDUPH if his PSN ID is KevinRachel2009.
  2. Only @JASON_ROCKS1998
  3. Unfortunately not.

I was blown to pieces and constantly targeted after the initial strike. Rapidly approaching? You mean trailing the conga line of cops behind you?

You came down in what I think was a jet and slammed head on into the side of the damn mountain. I assumed you were trying to take the cops out. No biggie.

You spawned on the mountain side next to a boulder and I honked at you several times to tell you to get in. Next thing I see is a damn grenade launcher equipped and a grenade headed for my car.

In no way was I threat to you. In no way did I provoke you.

You mean after you came up to my spawn point and shot me in the back? Sure.

You know you get a notification on top of your minimap when a crew member joins you but I'll let it slide since you were in the middle of something.

Plus there were only four of us in the damn session. If you wanted to know who was approaching, all you could've done was bring up the player list.

--------

@ZDUPH is not that PSN ID I apologize. I tried shooting you across the mountain thinking you were KevinRachel2009. Even then only Jason had the GTPL crew designation on
I was the 'A98JeepXJ' guy that got sniped for no reason. I only fired back because I was trying to defend myself. I myself am not in the GTPlanet crew.

@Katiegan

I second what @Sting said, and in the future...
If you ever encounter a crew member breaking the rules, please report them to me via PM with the details.

Send complaints to me in a PM to avoid finger pointing cluttering the thread.

From what I can see so far, tensions were running high during an MC mission and nobody really has any idea what was going on.

If I can just weigh in on it one more time..?

For starters, basic research has revealed the GTP identity of said KevinRachel2009 personality, who, despite not appearing on the list in the OP, seems to correctly be a member of the GTPL crew.

As for the GTPL-crew-as-active-crew thing, given that the GTP ID related to KevinRachel2009 has made all of about ten posts in the GTA section - all of which are more than three years old while still on PS3 - combined with the old different-names-in-different-places routine, chances are they didn't recognise you as a GTPL member and thus saw you as a threat. My guess is, in the confusion, things escalated from there, and nobody bothered to stop and explain the situation/check the facts until it was too late.

I'd still say there's not enough (if any at all) evidence to suggest either way, much less make an informed decision. If anything I'd file this as a simple miscommunication with unwanted consequences.

As it seems likely this happened PS4, I'd suggest you get some mileage on that Share button. It'll come more than handy should something like this happen again.

Last edited:
Do we even do promotions/demotions anymore? :lol:

All I wanna add is, before flinging yourself into a group in a pub server, especially while engaged in some sort of mission.... Maybe announce yourself and your intentions in chat?

For starters, basic research has revealed the GTP identity of said KevinRachel2009 personality, who, despite not appearing on the list in the OP, seems to correctly be a member of the GTPL crew.

As for the GTPL-crew-as-active-crew thing, given that the GTP ID related to KevinRachel2009 has made all of about ten posts in the GTA section - all of which are more than three years old while still on PS3 - combined with the old different-names-in-different-places routine, chances are they didn't recognise you as a GTPL member and thus saw you as a threat. My guess is, in the confusion, things escalated from there, and nobody bothered to stop and explain the situation/check the facts until it was too late.

I'd still say there's not enough (if any at all) evidence to suggest either way, much less make an informed decision. If anything I'd file this as a simple miscommunication with unwanted consequences.

As it seems likely this happened PS4, I'd suggest you get some mileage on that Share button. It'll come more than handy should something like this happen again.

Maybe we should purge the crew of people that aren't on gtp?

I guess when you are a certain rank within the crew you can just add your friends without anyone noticing, which is why there are so many unknown players.

Back