Official GTPlanet GTA V Crew | Covering the World of Grand Theft Auto

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 3,457 comments
I guess when you are a certain rank within the crew you can just add your friends without anyone noticing, which is why there are so many unknown players.

Unfortunately this is true, and I have no way of seeing who was invited by who. :indiff:

As an update for my absence...
I'm patching the game overnight, hopefully it actually works this time.

I haven't invited anyone new to the crew, although I did recently re-invite @Mudd after he was deleted from the crew. :irked:

That said, is there an ongoing problem that I'm not aware of? From what I've read here the issue most recently discussed involved active GTPL members who went unrecognized as friendlies as they happened to not be flying the GTPL flag at the time, rather than the other way around....

Are there non-forum members active in the GTPL crew out there causing trouble?

According to the OP in this thread there are 217 crew members in GTPL.

According to R* Social Club there are 485 crew members in GTPL.

Yeah I've seen that for a while now. Always thought it was weird how we have so many members yet I rarely run into them online.

Which means we have spies within our own group! *gasps*

No anomalies on PC so far. Any member I can see online on the crew member list are ones I can cross reference here.

Me neither. PS4.

I obviously don't know all 485 crew members on the GTPL crew, however I can comment that there are probably less than 50 active users on PS4. That said, I do keep several different PSNs myself, although not all are members of the GTPL crew there are some that are. I also can think of half a dozen folks that are active on here and PS4 that maintain multiple PSNs. I expect that isn't terribly uncommon.

Regardless, I suppose I'm confused about the advent of this topic. Is there a problem that we are looking to solve?

There's a lot of inactive members, most who signed up when the game first came out but quickly lost interest. It's difficult trawling through posts and profiles trying to figure out who is who, though. The member list in the OP wasn't a thing when most of these people joined, unfortunately, so their details haven't been entered.

eLVO8z9.jpg

...speaking of which, anyone know who this is??

Last edited:
..reset and add that everyone needs to seek permission before adding anyone/everyone has to sign up properly?

I know that'll be a whole lot of work, but it'd tidy it up significantly and probably give a more representative image of who's still active.

Before we go asking of our volunteers to shoulder some ridiculous workload here, I'll ask again what problem we are looking to solve.

I don't think it's nessessarily a problem but it could be worth tidying up the crew roster and figuring out who is who, who is active, etc?

How about a purge? Maybe mark yourself as active and those who don't get removed from the crew?

Anyone who is active but rarely on here or online can always request being added again.

Just a thought

I don't think it's necessarily a problem but it could be worth tidying up the crew roster and figuring out who is who, who is active, etc?

One of the reasons I bring up this point is because I suppose I'm still struggling to grasp how folks not flying the GTPL flag and being mistaken for randoms is going to be fixed by removing folks(them?) from the crew. It certainly seems that would increase the difficulty of identifying friendly players if they are removed from the crew. Furthermore, last time there was a cleanup some long time active members were removed seemingly because they do not post in this subforum regularly and/or joined prior to the registry. It is clear that many folks, perhaps even most folks that are active in the crew on the game regularly, don't post here regularly anymore. In the past month, there have been less than two dozen unique posters in this subforum; not representative of the number of crew members active on the game. Not counting the Role Playing thread...which while we're on the topic of cleanups; should probably be of the highest priority. :lol:

There are crew members occasionally inactive for several months when working abroad, school, or in a particular case a crew member who suffered a house fire. I'm opposed to punishing these folks for not turning on the game daily, weekly, or whatever metric may be used to determine who is active. I also imagine that while not significant, folks might be upset to lose their crew level and associated abilities such as using the crew decals, crew colour paints, crew parachute and tyre smoke.

To me, I don't care who you are; if you fly the GTPL flag I consider you friendly. I even gift money to many GTPL crew members that I don't know if I see them in a room.

In summary, removing folks from the crew would only serve to increase the frequency of incidents like what catalysed this discussion by preventing folks from being able to display GTPL as their crew to be identified as friendly and likely create undue hostility.

One of the reasons I bring up this point is because I suppose I'm still struggling to grasp how folks not flying the GTPL flag and being mistaken for randoms is going to be fixed by removing folks(them?) from the crew. It certainly seems that would increase the difficulty of identifying friendly players if they are removed from the crew. Furthermore, last time there was a cleanup some long time active members were removed seemingly because they do not post in this subforum regularly and/or joined prior to the registry. It is clear that many folks, perhaps even most folks that are active in the crew on the game regularly, don't post here regularly anymore. In the past month, there have been less than two dozen unique posters in this subforum; not representative of the number of crew members active on the game.

There are crew members occasionally inactive for several months when working abroad, school, or in a particular case a crew member who suffered a house fire. I'm opposed to punishing these folks for not turning on the game daily, weekly, or whatever metric may be used to determine who is active. I also imagine that while not significant, folks might be upset to lose their crew level and associated abilities such as using the crew decals, crew colour paints, crew parachute and tyre smoke.

I think the idea is to remove those who are not registered on the GTPlanet forum/crew thread. Not to remove all inactive players. I think a better idea would be to give them a chance to register before removing them. More clicks on GTP can only be a good thing.
Asking people to register on GTP and make them aware of the crew rules seems totally reasonable. Probably when RDR2 is released the crew system will come back into play and people will flock back.

To me, I don't care who you are; if you fly the GTPL flag I consider you friendly. I even gift money to many GTPL crew members that I don't know if I see them in a room.

Not the issue, it just makes sense to keep a track of all members. It seems like that crispystrips guy is a serial offender so why hasn't he been warned or removed, or the person who invited him demoted or whatever? Regardless what his crew tag is, he griefs and is a member of GTPL but not in the forum.
How generous of you by the way.

Not counting the Role Playing thread...which while we're on the topic of cleanups; should probably be of the highest priority. :lol:

Why? They generally keep to themselves in one thread.[/QUOTE]

I think the idea is to remove those who are not registered on the GTPlanet forum/crew thread. Not to remove all inactive players. I think a better idea would be to give them a chance to register before removing them. More clicks on GTP can only be a good thing.
Asking people to register on GTP and make them aware of the crew rules seems totally reasonable. Probably when RDR2 is released the crew system will come back into play and people will flock back.

Not the issue, it just makes sense to keep a track of all members. It seems like that crispystrips guy is a serial offender so why hasn't he been warned or removed, or the person who invited him demoted or whatever? Regardless what his crew tag is, he griefs and is a member of GTPL but not in the forum.

Why? They generally keep to themselves in one thread.

Don't forget to check the member list in the OP for the trusted members of the crew that aren't a member of the forum. If they're not listed as one of the 'N/A' members then they haven't had permission to join.

And the RP thread is just full of people who've registered on the forum to join that club despite the fact it died a long time ago.

Many of the folks that would be affected by that would be the OGs that were here from the start prior to the registry. That just doesn't seem right to me. Particularly when you consider that we do have folks on the crew who only joined the forum to join the GTA V crew. To exclude some of the OGs who may not be active on the forum(at least 3 of the people I see online on GTA V regularly, forum members of 5-10 years; haven't posted here in a year or more) and to lose their crew level upon failure to respond in the prescribed window to register before removal seems off. The clicks on the site are rather irrelevant to me(and everyone in this thread) as no matter how many times I click no checks appear in my post box. :lol:

As for Crispy, I don't have an answer, but perhaps it could be some inconsistency in folks' interactions with him. While I do see a couple of notes concerning him, I do also see a few posts that appear to reflect a positive experience playing with him.

I have had ZERO interaction with the individual, so I cannot comment from experience, and as such please do not take this post as defending him in any way. Simply looking to gain a more complete picture of the situation.

:lol: It wasn't intended to be a boastful statement, but rather a heads up for folks hanging round online to feel free to join and get in on it. Ironically enough, the last crew member to whom I gifted cash (I haven't been on much in the past week between racing last weekend and my new occupation as a professional funeral attendee) subsequently followed me while I drove a load of bunker goods and proceeded to unload several magazines of ammunition upon the rear section of the rig during the process in attempts to blow up the shipment. They are lower level, so I assumed they were newer to the GTPL crew. I lodged no complaints, and of course being a bunker mission the vehicle was nigh indestructible so success in halting the mission was not had, as such it warranted no action.

Why? They generally keep to themselves in one thread.

As detailed in that thread, the group has dissolved. The folks who have been posting there lately have been coming from google search with no connection to the forum as it is the first result for a relevant search. The last two YEARS of posts in that thread are randoms from the vast depths of the internet with no responses and no ties to the forum. It really doesn't concern me personally, but it might perhaps be best to clear that up as to not mislead the people who have landed here without the care to read back and find that the thread is dead.

Lastly, and most of all; I would rather not ask the volunteer(s) who manage the crew to undertake such a burden without any clear benefit to the crew. Perhaps that statement is out of line, and I don't want to speak on any of the volunteers' behalf; but I imagine it would be a fair amount of work/time for little to no reward. I don't have any horse in this race as I haven't invited anyone outside to the crew, but I'm looking at this from the perspective of both minimising the workload asked of our volunteer(s) and the inconvenience to the legitimate members of the crew who may or may not frequent this subforum regularly.

:cheers:

Need I remind folks of one of the rules that to join the crew, you had to have at least 10 posts on GTP to join, which to me at least, means that one "should" be active on the site. It's the GTPlanet crew after all, not the "Play With Randoms" crew. If I wanted to play with people I've never even seen and/or heard of, I would just join the IGN crew, and odds are...I'd still be killed by crew members. :lol:

Sure, we all like to add our friends to the crew, but the crew itself is a representation of this community, and if you're no going to be apart of that anymore, why be in the crew anymore, as well?

While it may be an elitist position, I would struggle to consider those who requested to join the crew only to then go out in the forum to make 10 random posts elsewhere active at that point. Perhaps some became contributing members of the forum, and perhaps some did not. I'm not in the business of keeping tabs on folks, so I don't know the numbers on that. Either way it doesn't concern me as long as they're not harming anyone. To me, that is probably the bottom line as to whether or not an individual is a good fit in the crew.

Conversely, there are a lot of reasons why someone might be an active member of the crew, the forum, etc, while not being an active poster in this subforum. I wouldn't fault them for that.

The main reason I made the 'minimum 10 posts' rule is to stop random people simply joining this forum, requesting an invite to the crew, and then never using the forum again. At least if they have to make a few posts, anyone who is genuinely interested will make the effort, and anyone just looking to join a crew and cause mayhem will be put off.

Back