Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Like I said, it may not have been mentioned earlier in the Spotlight but there is going to be a new Member of the Week—and here we are preparing to do just that!

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

This week's inductee is a bit more modest than most and apparently has a wee bit of stage fright, but as long as the community remains as is and continues to grow he continue to call this place home. Welcome cjr3559 to the Member of the Week madhouse!

1.You're officially among the ranks and are now the Member of the Week, so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized among the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

I think it's an honor! I'm pleasantly surprised, too.

2. How long have you been a member here at GTPlanet and what is it that keeps you returning on a daily basis?

I became a member back in September of 2012 when I was searching for information about GT5, which I picked up kind of late after it was released. And with all of the helpful and knowledgeable members, there's no other place on the internet that compares to GTPlanet. Wish I had found it sooner!

3. If you could recommend any one thread on the entirety of our forum, what would it be?

Wow, there are so many. But the one that keeps me coming back are the "Cool Wall". Regardless of whatever is happening in the gaming world, there'll always be real cars to talk about.

4. What's one thing you'd like to see changed about the Member of the Week presentation? Don't be shy...

Nothing, it's fine as it is. Really!

5. How did you come up with the name "cjr3559"?

Well, I changed my username from 'ccaranna' which was just the first inital in my first name and my last name together. Then I wanted to make it the same as my PSN login. 'C' for my first name, 'jr' since I'm a junior, and 3559 is a random number that Yahoo gave me way back when I was creating a user name. Nothing special I guess...

6. When you hear the word "community" what comes to mind??

It's a group of people all working together that share similar interests and help each other out. Exactly what I find here on GTPlanet. It's by far the best community of any genre I've found on the internet.

7. When it comes right down to it, do you prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, or are you obligated to neither?

Gran Turismo. I've always been a Playstation guy ever since I moved from a Sega Genesis way back in 1997. Nothing against Forza, but I just can't split my time and (most importantly money) between two different systems and games. But if anyone has a spare XBone laying around I'll take it! I would love to try Forza someday.

8. What's one feature from GTPlanet's past incarnations that you miss the most and would love to see brought back?

You know, I probably haven't been around long enough to notice, but the site keeps getting better and better.

9. You've just been banned. What don't you do?

Laugh devilshly, because I will soon realize what a mistake I made. That, or create another username!

10. How do you feel that GTPlanet has expanded its coverage beyond Gran Turismo?

What makes this a great community is diversity and options. I don't think it would be the same place if it focused on only a single game. While I don't play much else other than GT, it's always refreshing and informative to see what else is going on in the world of sim racing.

11. If you had to prepare a speech for this most special occasion what would you say?

Speech? Do I have to?

12. Where do you see GTPlanet going in the next two years?

I see it getting better. I wish I had something more to offer the community, but as long as everyone continues to share their tips and insight, how could it not get better?

13. As you're undoubtedly aware, the GT Sport beta is due on the PlayStation 4 this spring. What are your thoughts on what this could mean for the GT franchise as we count down the days?

I think GT Sport will be great. No doubt PD will continue to put out a great product. While I don't see myself jumping on the bandwagon right away, I'm anxious to see it.

14. What positive effects, if any, do you think VR headsets will have on the racing genre?

Anything that makes gameplay even more realistic will have a positive effect on the genre. Again, I don't see myself running out to get a VR headset immediately, I predict one in my future someday. Wish I had more insight, but until I actually try one for myself, the verdict is still out.

15. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

Hmm. Nothing really that interesting. It's kind of a racing ghost town. We did have an IMSA race for a couple years back in the 80s, but it never panned out. David Hobbes actually participated. Also, Bobby Rahal lives here. Can you guess my city?

Blast From the Past. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)

Monkey? Am I missing something? I've had many avatars over the years, mostly screen shots from GT6. The one I have now is from another game, which I kind of like. Old classic car, kind of like me. Old. Can anyone guess the game?

I've been writing all day so I'm just going to sit back, relax, and copy/paste till my fingers fall numb!

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

This week’s inductee actually has a monkey as their avatar but it isn't what you're thinking. Welcome JockeP22 to the Member of the Week madhouse!

1.You're officially among the ranks and are now the Member of the Week, so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized among the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
Reading up on previous interviews I agree with the others that it's nice to be picked,
but I won't quit my day job. Yet.
2. How long have you been a member here at GTPlanet and what is it that keeps you returning on a daily basis?
I joined August 10th, 2014. It was a Sunday and there was a supermoon that day. True story.
In comparison to other full moons, supermoons can be up to 14 percent closer and 30 percent brighter, according to NASA.
3. If you could recommend any one thread on the entirety of our forum, what would it be?
What are you listening to? because I can't go a day without music and also to see whenever @Vince puts up a Rush song.
I also enjoy the threads involving travel as I've been to numerous countries myself. The U.S. once and about ten different countries in Europe.
4. What's one thing you'd like to see changed about the Member of the Week presentation? Don't be shy...
Maybe have every other presentation done in morse code. Or one in three. I learned a bit of morse code during the national service evaluation tests I did at eighteen.
5. How did you come up with the name "JockeP22"?
Jocke's my name and I've heard it pronounced in at least five different ways in english and
every one of them sounds funny. P22 comes from Formula 1. There were twenty-two cars
on the grid when I started following F1 in '98 and I was always more interested in the backmarkers than the frontrunners. I like the underdogs and watching their struggles at the back of the grid so P22 stands for position 22 as in dead last. A fine place to be I always say, everyone can't be Michael Schumacher right?
6. When you hear the word "community" what comes to mind??

7. When it comes right down to it, do you prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, or are you obligated to neither?
Gran Turismo. I've only watched my brother play Forza once or twice but GT is ingrained in me.
I played GT1 in '98 and still have a magazine from early '98 with a green Nissan GT-R on the cover. I could post it for any nostalgia lovers out there.

Someone on YouTube asked me only yesterday 'Are you still playing GT6?'
And I said sure, it's still a great game if you can find good people to race with.
8. What's one feature from GTPlanet's past incarnations that you miss the most and would love to see brought back?
I couldn't say.
9. You've just been banned. What don't you do?
I would wonder how that sort of thing could happen. I've never been banned from any forum but to be honest I always worry that a red PM will appear at any moment telling me about some inappropriate behaviour. Like the time when I liked too many statuses in the past.
10. How do you feel that GTPlanet has expanded its coverage beyond Gran Turismo?
I say go for it. Steve Maraboli said;
'Everything changes. Evolving, refining, improving, adapting, enhancing, changing. You were not put on this earth to remain stagnant.'
11. If you had to prepare a speech for this most special occasion what would you say?
I would mention a funny coincidence that @Danny and I both joined GTP on August 10th and that his YouTube account is a mere 28 days older than mine with both being from 2006. Danny is a great and friendly guy. I've gotten to know him this past year and we share a lot of interests.

I would say thanks to @The Stig Farmer for being the very first member to 'follow' me.
I think I'd only been here a few days then and didn't know my way around at all (maybe I still don't). But it was nice seeing somebody follow you even though they didn't know you at first.
I've tried doing the same gesture to other newbies after me.

I would say keep being great guys @GTRacer22 @SVX @lxmmy @TwinTurbo LM @Bo @wvmgmidget @TS040 @ToyGTone @Smurfybug @Nico_Ble99 & @Aaroh
Still so young, you can do anything you set your minds to.

I've run some clubs in the GT6 forum but the ones I've enjoyed racing with and spending time with the most are the drivers in Zero Cup, Beetle Cup, Racers Reunited, Mik's Minis, Makeshift Shuffle, Spinning Arrows and Cat7.
Those guys already know I like to hang around with them and they are too many to mention
so I'll just say thank you for the company. And if you should read this why not join me for the OOE Cup starting in a week or two. ; )
12. Where do you see GTPlanet going in the next two years?
We must move forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling.

13. As you're undoubtedly aware, the GT Sport beta is due on the PlayStation 4 this spring. What are your thoughts on what this could mean for the GT franchise as we count down the days?
I truly wish that more manufacturers would get involved in the franchise. After seeing some great designs in the VGT project I wonder why there isn't more interest from non-participants such as Skoda, Volvo and Lada just to name a few. This might go hand in hand with my liking of the underdogs but I would be very interested in seeing what they could come up with. Never in a million years did I think I would get to see Lada racing in touring cars but my jaw dropped when they entered the WTCC about ten years ago. My granny had an old Lada Riva and it was as far away from being even a distant cousin to a touring car as it could be. It looked like this;
Lada-Riva-front-three-quarter-red.jpg

It couldn't even go straight down the highway. You'd keep the wheel still and it would still move
about from side to side as the axles were built kind of wonky. I got to drive it a few times and it was quite embarrassing let me tell you. People looked at it and laughed as you drove by.
But I still wouldn't mind seeing it in GT6.
14. What positive effects, if any, do you think VR headsets will have on the racing genre?
I know too little about it but it sounds cool.
Let's hope it's at least a slight improvement on Virtual Boy.

15. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
There's a street called Västertorpsvägen close to where I grew up and I remember me
and a friend rode our bikes there one time and he got a flat tire. I didn't have time to
wait for him so I just laughed at him and rode home. Yeah he was angry with me for some time
after that.
I've also seen lots of F1 cars here through the years. Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Jaguar, Jordan, Williams, Renault. You name it.
My hometown can also be seen from outer space on a clear day.
Blast From the Past. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
But it is a monkey. This monkey;

Who? Joookee Pea22!? Never heard of him. Must be new here.

Anyway whoever he is congratulations to him and I'll probably see him around now I know who to look out for.

:dopey:

So you got into GT because you mistakenly bought a magazine that had Motorhead written on the cover, and while you were disappointed when there was no interview with Lemmy you thought you might as well try the game?

Back