Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

With that said, this week's inductee has the brilliant idea for the Member of the Week to illicit interest by way of a huge cash reward! Isn't that, you know, bribery? We don't do that here. Anymore. Welcome Sick Cylinder to the Member of the Fortnight madhouse!

1.You're officially among the ranks and are now the Member of the Week, so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized among the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
Amazed and surprised!

2. How long have you been a member here at GTPlanet and what is it that keeps you returning on a daily basis?
I can't remember when I joined, but GT5 was my first racing game so it would have been soon after that. Interest in the site and maintaining the thread for my race series is what keeps me coming back.

3. If you could recommend any one thread on the entirety of our forum, what would it be?
There are too many to single one out, but I have learnt a great deal from the car suggestions thread.

4. What's one thing you'd like to see changed about the Member of the Week presentation? Don't be shy...
I have no idea although a large cash prize would be nice!

5. How did you come up with the name "Sick Cylinder"?
It sounds like Six Cylinder of which I've been a lifelong fan - anyone who has experienced a Honda CBX or Porsche 911 on open pipes knows what I mean.

6. When you hear the word "community" what comes to mind??
Friends to race with and guide me on tuning and myriad other topics.

7. When it comes right down to it, do you prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, or are you obligated to neither?
My wheel is compatible with Gran Turismo and I can't afford two wheels and an extra console so Forza is not an option for me. I like a lot of the cars on its list especially the Nissan R382 and Can Am cars which I have long thought should be in GT.

8. What's the one thing, that one feature from GTPlanet's past incarnations that you miss the most and would love to see brought back?
Sorry - no idea!

9. You've just been banned. What don't you do?
Sell my wheel and Playstation.

10. What would your reaction be if I told you GTPlanet was moving away from solely focusing on Gran Turismo?
Positive - it's a good idea to serve the wider sim-racing community.

11. If you had to prepare a speech for this most special occasion what would you say?
I would try to avoid one of those Oscar acceptance speeches where they end up crying after naming about five hundred people. However this is my chance to thank some people so, first my Dad for understanding my passion for motorsport and giving me many many happy memories of race meetings visited together. Second my Uncle Tony for having a Jaguar and driving enthusiastically on great roads whenever it was just he and I in the car. Third the great motoring writers, especially LJK Setright, whose books were a source of knowledge and wonder in the days before the internet. Sadly all have passed - perhaps I'll shed that tear now! I came to gaming late, but soon made friends online - I would like to thank them all and the one I single out for special thanks for his wise words and support is fellow GTPlanet member IfAndOr. Finally all the heroes of motorsport past and present - I couldn't do what you can do, but I can enjoy pretending, so thankyou Mr Kazunori for that!

12. Where do you see GTPlanet going in the next two years?
Continuing to improve by broadening its appeal beyond gaming into other areas of interest to car nuts such as car shows and race events.

Thanks very much for the nomination and kind words guys - it's greatly appreciated!

There now follows a shameless plug! - with a couple of guys going back to College / University a few slots have opened up to race in our next championship which starts with a Round 0 (Test Day) on Sunday 4th October and Round 1 the week after. We are replicating the cars, colours and race numbers from Le Mans in 1966 (The 1966 Sports Car Cup) and 1967 (The Three Ten Cup) so as well as great racing there will be plenty of action photo opportunities. There is no need to be a fast driver, just a clean driver. Fast drivers race in different classes using slower cars which helps to produce close racing and great on track battles.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-replicas-starts-4th-oct-2015-spaces.316026/

1966 Historic Le Mans Poster.jpg

I missed a few new MOTW. My bad.

Welcome to the madhouse. I bet you all deserved to enter the circle of the elite. :lol: Hahahaha

EDIT: @T-12: Why are all "my" questions thrown into the bin? ;)

Last edited:
A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

With that said, this week's inductee is yet another to put a favorable idea out there for the Member of the Week, by way of a PG-13 joke! Boobs. I didn't do that the way it was intended, but you were all thinking it - don't lie to me, because I was thinking it. Welcome kolio123 to the Member of the Fortnight madhouse!

1.You're officially among the ranks and are now the Member of the Week, so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized among the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
This is awesome and I never thought I would get this opportunity!

I have been waiting for a while for this moment! :)

Thanks to you for making this a thing, and thanks to the whole planet for being cool and to somebody who nominated me. :) I accept!
2. How long have you been a member here at GTPlanet and what is it that keeps you returning on a daily basis?
I landed on this planet August 27th, 2011. I originally joined to bum some drag racing tunes off of the GT5 Drag Racing forums. :lol: I don't even drag now!

I keep coming back because there is more to look at than GT news. GT news is kind of scarce most of the time so I kept myself entertained through all the other forums. And then I just got hooked. If GT does not continue, I hope this website does because I found myself more into these various forums rather than refreshing the homepage for an update on GT.
3. If you could recommend any one thread on the entirety of our forum, what would it be?
Daily Babe Thread. Nuff said. Well not actually enough said, you guys have to be premium membership to get into it!
4. What's one thing you'd like to see changed about the Member of the Week presentation? Don't be shy...
Hmm, you could have somebody put in a PG13 silly joke at the end of every interview.
5. How did you come up with the name "kolio123"?
My dad actually came up with it while I was using the bathroom. Long story short, we couldn't figure out a PSN name when I first got a PS3 and that is what we came to a conclusion on.
6. When you hear the word "community" what comes to mind??
I think of a small establishment in the 1700s where people came together and everybody has their own job to provide for the community.
7. When it comes right down to it, do you prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, or are you obligated to neither?
Gran Turismo.
8. What's the one thing, that one feature from GTPlanet's past incarnations that you miss the most and would love to see brought back?
Premium users used to be able to lock their own threads. :(
9. You've just been banned. What don't you do?
I do not make a new account and start creating more work for you and all the other staff members. I deal with it and/or contact site through email provided.
10. What would your reaction be if I told you GTPlanet was moving away from solely focusing on Gran Turismo?
Sweet! The more the better! Although it is a lot more work for the staff and writers to do, it would improve the community. 👍
11. If you had to prepare a speech for this most special occasion what would you say?
1. Thanks to Jordan for keeping to site up and running!
2. Thanks to all the mature members that make this site what it is.
3. Thank you specifically for this opportunity to prepare this speech. :cheers:
4. I have probably made some typos in this interview. :)
12. Where do you see GTPlanet going in the next two years?
I see GTPlanet going into a broader subject rather than things just GT related for the homepage. (It is there now, but I see it growing larger.)

Back