Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Shlubby, first season of Parks & Rec Chris Pratt or the new, fresh from the sculptor Chris Pratt?

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

This week's member is one who crawls in the night, forever keeping watch of those who need help. A person whose gift of snackery was eaten before it could be presented; someone has some serious explaining to do! Until that time comes welcome the newest inductee to the Member of the Week madhouse, nk4e!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
The feeling is awesome! Though it seems like a small matter but the person is picked out of the thousands of GTPers. (maybe someone should pray to Asuka a bit more...>.>)
2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
How the forums are run, the users, and the fact that everyone is friendly....(seems like it...just do not go to the General Anime Thread, I hear that they have tons of cakes...and you know..the cake is a lie..)
3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
Yes! There is alot of do in the forums. My first years, I was frequently in( lurking) Movies ( General Anime Thread/What are you watching), Gran Turismo 3( Drift section both bad and good years), and Opinions & Current Events). Currently, it is Movies and TV or Console and PC gaming.
4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
It was a simple rivarly in GT3 with one of my older brothers.
5. How did you come up with the name "nk4e"?
Do you want the long version or the short? Exhaust_N0te from Monkey D came up with these avatars for our Team sites. He had shortened it from nightkids4ever.( I wish I still had the picture...)Now I use nk4e for everything.
6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
Both, they kind of stack up the same in my book...though Forza tends to have the American 240sx..>.>. I joined teams in Forza and Gran Turismo.
7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
At my local arcade, it was Sega Rally, San Francisco Rush 2045, Initial D, Wagan Midnight, Battle Gear and probably Race Room. I guess that is too many titles...My windows phone ( H8 me m8!) has a Drifting X Racing game which is fun.
8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
It is simple and clean. It didn't take alot of time to get use to and I love it! ( Geez...12...I still remember being excited for GTP10)
9. It's new year and that usually means new things are on the horizon; what do you see changing for the racing genre this year?
The physics and graphics get closer to the real thing! GTP hosting a GT Acdemy! It is big news for those in the racing genre who want to make it big like their counterparts ( FPS and FG genres) We got a chance to make it big!
10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
I really do not know what I can bring to GTP aside being a Veteran ( posting Pepperridge Memes will probably not help); I can still help newer members to follow the AUP/TOS and still try to help them get the answer they are looking for.
11. I asked Ken this question but I'm all about equal opportunity: did you bring the snacks? If your answer is "no.", leave. Leave right now..
Yeah...I think Cano ate them..(X.X)
12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Would it be normal if I said Sword Art online? Any game...it would probably be Gundam Series( being in Fire Emblem would be awesome also)..The advancements in technology from a Mobile Suit to a talking Haro...
13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
Ken Park the movie was filmed and Kevin Costner went to one of my local Highschools.
14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", and I'd like to know how long you've been playing it? If you haven't been playing it... wha, what's wrong with you?
I heard of it, it just didn't attract me. The only two futuristic FPS games for me were Halo and probably Perfect Dark. I constantly watch my friend play it and the grinding is too much for me.
[15Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
I make Arcade stick art from time to time. I only create my own and post it on my Facebook.
16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
1990 Nissan Slow..240sx Hatchback, I love how it handles and tackle the corners when you put the effort.
17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
Currently, it is Guilty Gear Xrd. ASW knows how to send cupids Arrow my way...I love pressing buttons. ( probably till Street Fighter V comes out or I go back into First Person Shooters)
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
If I were presented a opportunity...(make everyone believe in Asuka?) I will probably be more active and try to enforce the AUP/TOS to the letter. Making sure new/old members love GTP since their first post.
19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
Cano made me do it...maybe Deadpool can be a monkey, there are tons of Deadpools out there! ( he is everywhere...)
20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
Pre-Ordered, you get the "fun" of figuring out things.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up any of the current generation consoles?
PS4, the Fighting Game Community is going towards that way.
22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
Simple and clean...but it has to be in Black. :lol:
23. How would you measure success?
I don't think you can't, you finished your goals that you wanted and built off of that. Never stop spreading the influence of positive success.
24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
We are our own worst crtic, but I believe I am at a 8 currently..Ten years ago was probably a 5.
25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, the smooth looks and the prestige of it coming around a corner. It plainly says that I am a fanboy.
26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
Do you really want to know? I believe it went along like this in the GT3 Drifting sub-Forums "I needz Tunez for R32" and it differs now that you can read my sentences...
Here is a example from page 7
i watch anime
the ones i like were initial d, love hina, ex driver ,berserker,trigun,hellsing,macross,gundam seed, over rev,dbz,and dbgt ,etc
27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?
Computer products then I swarm into the Anime Dvd section trying to find Japanese movies. I found the live action of Balisk like that...:lol: It was title "Shinobi"
28. If you're a comic book or a fan of the action/adventure genre are you looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
I am looking forward how they portray Ultron and how they use the Hulkbuster.....( though I am really looking forward Civil War)
29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?
Probably two months and it was in 09' when Street Fighter IV came out( I went to Shoryuken.com under the same SN). The General Anime thread was kind of dead and I owned a Xbox 360 Elite. Racing game have dropped down for me since then.
30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?
For me, it is Omnis. I always looked up towards Famine, SilviaDrifter (DR),Azuremen, AOS,Shadow_Drifter, Kirkis9 ( Cano..is there...somewhere..hiding.. with alot of the TGAT members)
31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
You can not really please the fans but one change would be a easier way in creating liveries...( not that people put awesome effort in the FM galleries. I want to see how another car will look like if it was supported by Castrol or Advan. otherwise, just more sport level aftermarket parts.
You do not need to camber to make a car look awesome.
32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
A Elephant with a Hippo? Elepho? Wasn't that a pokemon? GUESS THAT POKEMON!
33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
Terry Crewes, no homo at all. We can probably figure out a way and still make fun of the situation.
34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
I don't know if the Weekly Drifting Series would be a part of it. Does the Drift battles count also? I was never good at traditional racing...
I went against Swift, then against Mike Le chat No, and a few others...

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
Probably the GT3 Drifting section, I would of used the outcomes of the races for a Manga project that was canned.
36. Anything else you'd like to say?
I do feel honored in getting the "member of the week", I don't know what I have done for GTP,but GTP has given me some friends that I still talk to today.
10 Years went by fast and I wanna keep on support GTPlanet in anyway I can. Thank you Jordan for giving us a bigger place to share a passion.

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

This week's inductee is the result of a literal onslaught upon my poor, poor inbox (may it rest in peace) and I'd be a fool to ignore how ever many requests there were for who I'm continually told is one of the most helpful, insightful, and well-mannered members here. Welcome Dragonwhisky to the Member of the Week madhouse!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
Stunned. Or, as was noted elsewhere, flabbergasted.
Gran Turismo and a question about the best way to grind up some credits. I'm a glutton for bacon?
3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
According to my watched threads list, besides Clubs And Leagues, I hang out in some of the threads in the Rumble strip. Most of the threads I visit on GTPlanet is just lurking around for information and entertainment. Oh yeah, and bacon, and hatcakes.
My son. He got me hooked on this crack, with GT5, then bailed out once he and his mother got tired of me visiting his house for a fix once a month and hogging up his PS3 all weekend.
5. "Dragonwhisky" sounds like an awful concoction one would use to make themselves inhuman/superpowered, how'd you come up with that name?
I've liked dragons, and I must qualify, in my opinion, if it doesn't have wings, it ain't a dragon, since I was about 14. Think that mighta' been around 1978 or so. 2 or 3 years later I was introduced to uisge beatha. That, and the user name I wanted on PSN was taken. The rest is history.
Forza what?
7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
Nope.
It works. Mostly. I would love a persitent header bar that maintains it's location with everything sliding behind it as it's read, so we don't have to scroll back up through 30 posts, with a random picture bomb here and there, to get to our next adventure on GTPlanet. Oh yeah, can someone tell me why switching from BBCode edit mode to Rich Text causes weird tags and characters to be inserted in a post?
9. It's new year and that usually means new things are on the horizon; what do you see changing for the racing genre this year?
This is something I've never given much thought about. I don't concern myself with things I don't really have any control over.
10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
What? Read the answer to question 11 yet? Well, read it. Only one way to improve on that. Bratwurst. Wrapped in bacon?
11. I asked Ken this question but I'm all about equal opportunity: did you bring the snacks? If your answer is "no.", leave. Leave right now..
Who's Ken? Doesn't Matter. Of course I brought snacks. Taco Flavored Doritos, York Peppermint Patties, Whisky. Oh yeah, and bacon. Lots of bacon. None for monkey boys though.

Can't say I've played any video game I'd really want to live in.
Can't say there's all that much really interesting about where I live. Which would be one reason I still live here.
14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", and I'd like to know how long you've been playing it? If you haven't been playing it... wha, what's wrong with you?
I've heard of this game. Played on consoles with a controller right? There's no way. Console controllers and I don't get along very well.
15. Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
I have had many "hobbies" over the years. GT6 is but one and I share that already.
As in right now? Unless you call an MS 4000 special, then no.
At the moment there are only 2 video games I play. GT6 and Zombie Gunship. I don't play games that aren't favourites.
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
I would have to respectfully and humbly decline. I have enough to do with my current involvement at GTPlanet.
19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
It's a custom avatar made by the same person that made the new SNAIL Logo. It's got my car colors, my number and a dragon on it. With some "carbotanium" texture just for uniqueness.

c) Used.
Why is there no None of the Above option there. Don't care if the price has dropped, don't usually buy used, only game I've ever "pre-ordered" was GT6. All the rest were purchased straight up by me, regardless of their price status or distance from release date, or gifted from someone.
21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up any of the current generation consoles?
I have certainly made plans. Those plans depend entirely on the decisions others make however.
22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
Build car, sell car. I have no idea what "boutique car manufacturing" is. Is that what Ferarri is?
He, or she, who dies after eating the most bacon wrapped hatcakes, wins.
24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
When I was younger, perhaps an 8 or 9. These days? Maybe I could eek out a 2 or 3 on that scale.
25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
Can't say as I have a single favorite car. When it comes to owning 4 wheel domestic transportation, GM/Chevrolet or nothing. European, I'd go for one or all of what Aston Martin builds. Asian, I've owned a Toyota Corolla and beat the stuffing out of it and can't say it let me down where I couldn't push it home, even after being bashed in the left rear in Italy. My wife and I drove that car from CA to AK to UT to Italy to where I live now. You'll all have to make up your own minds what that might say about me.
26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
I couldn't really say if my posting style has changed in the last 3+ years I've been lurking around. Not really about digging my first post up either but, it was probably in a series PURE was running involving a front wheel drive car that set the tone for my dislike of racing that drivetrain to this day.
27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?
I honestly don't recall the last time I was actually in an electronics store. I suppose I used to cruise by the PC aisles regularly before Newegg and Amazon hit my shopping conciousness.
28. If you're a comic book or a fan of the action/adventure genre are you looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
Oh, hells yeah I am.
29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?
Days. A week spent on a cruise ship.
30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?
There are to many to name. Pretty much anyone who's fought to keep this community, and the racing that's organized using GTPlanet as a platform for doing so, alive and kicking.
31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
I only get one? Might as well find some bacon. With that said, I'm not usually one to worry about what could be, I generally work with what is and if what I want to do isn't supported by the tools provided, I'll move to something else. It's entertainment for me. If the fun becomes outweighed by the fight to make it fun, it's time to go where it isn't.
32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
Without a doubt, cross that Hippo with the common domesticated pig. Bigger Pork Chops, More Bacon! I reckon you could call it a Hippig or a Pigpottamus. Wouldn't matter, as long as the Pork Chops are thick and the bacon plentiful.
33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
Well, there would be more than one I could chose, but, since you're limiting me to one, I'd have to go with Charlize Theron. Explaining why is pointless, you'll either already know why or you'd disagree with the why.
Yes. Not one of them gave away hatcakes either.
35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
Nope. Leadership isn't something I do well nor seek to attain. Before anyone calls BS to that last statement, I never really asked to be where I am with respect to GTPlanet or SNAIL. I offered to help, in what I hoped was some small way, to pay back some of what I felt I owed and a couple someones thought I would be better in a different capacity. I still think I might owe those people a punch in the nose for thinking that, and, would take the punch back for accepting the responsibility. At any rate, I offered, they said go here, I said yes, the rest just seemed to follow.
Thanks to all the folks that nominated me for this honor. Really. I will have to find some way to repay each of you. Providing I find out who you all are anyway.
:cheers:

Congrats @Dragonwhisky , GOLD!!
upload_2015-2-21_4-50-47.jpeg

This week's inductee is best described as cool and cultural. Or maybe just "cool". You decide as we direct our attention toward someone most likely found in one of the many Cool Wall threads found in our Automotive section (perhaps even creating a few!). Welcome GranTurismo916 to the Member of the Week madhouse!

I...never thought this would happen, really. I'm just an average, extremely reserved 13 year old. :lol: I definitely feel like I've contributed to the site less than most of the previous MOTWs, but I'll roll with it. :P

I was wondering what GT5 would be like since I was sitting around playing GT4 for 4 years. Somehow I managed to search "Gran Turismo 5" on Google the day it came out. The first news result was from GTPlanet. I clicked, and the addiction adventure began.

I can be found almost everywhere, but I'm most frequently in Cars in General. Before I became Cool Wall curator, I was in there mostly for threads like Would You Rather and Questionable Mods.

I have loved cars as long as I can remember. At three years old I could identify most cars on the street, according to my parents. I became interested in the GT series after going into Sam's Club with my father at 3 years old and picking up GT3 (and Dance Dance Revolution which sparked an interest in that too, but that's not what we're talking about). I've been addicted ever since.

5. How'd you come up with "GranTurismo916" as your name here?
Nothing, really. I was 9 years old (yes, I joined the site at 9) and needed a username, and the site was about Gran Turismo so I thought why not "GranTurismo916?" The 916 comes from my birthday, 9/6/01, although the numbers are mixed up.

Both. Mostly GT though because I've stuck with it for such a long time. I can't seem to get into Forza.

Need For Speed, but the semi-old ones on PS2/GameCube like NFSU, NFSU2, and Carbon. I have also borrowed Burnout and Blur from the library before and enjoyed both.

It was hard to get used to in the beginning, but I definitely enjoy it now. Although I wish user titles were visible on posts again.

I think console games are going to be geared more towards less hardcore gamers, unfortunately. The hardcore sims will start to be reserved for PC.

I think I give people a more positive view on early teenagers. I think I should contribute to discussions more often. I'm a bit scared to get into an argument where I don't realize I'm wrong, though. :P

11. I asked Ken Koios this question but I'm all about equal opportunity: did you bring the snacks? If your answer is "no", leave. Leave right now..
Possibly. *hides Doritos behind back*

I don't know...probably not any of the ones I've played. Maybe Kingdom Hearts.

There's nothing interesting about Warwick, New York, except that maybe both George and Martha Washington stayed at Baird's Tavern in the 1780's.

No, but I'm not really interested in games like that.

15. Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
I'm a great short distance runner, if that counts as a "hobby". I also play the violin.

I wish I was.

Kinngdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX. I haven't played the original Kingdom Hearts 2 for a long time, so getting this game was awesome.

Probably turn it down. I would be a horrible moderator. My judgement isn't all that great.

I have this avatar because, if you haven't noticed by the previous questions, I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan. My avatar is Sora, the main character of the series.

c) Used.
A, B, or C is fine. I like to pre-order games that I can't really wait to get, like GT6 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If it's a less known game I'll get it at the first price drop. If it's an old game I'll get it used because new would be way too expensive anyway.

I have a Wii U and want a XB1 and PS4, but I'm not getting either of those any time soon.

To create fun, yet fuel efficient vehicles. Kind of like Tesla.

If others are happy, then I'm successful. Successful enough, at least.

2 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon, and 10 at night. So 9/10.

The Subaru Impreza WRX STi. I've liked Japanese cars since I was little(r) and the WRX is the one I fell in love with. I think my love of this car shows that the quiet, shy, humble part of me is only that, a part of me.

My first post was in the Caption This thread in the GT5 Photomode section. I don't know exactly what the post says but all I remember is that the last time I looked back at it I thought it was stupid. My posting style before 12 1/2 years old was a lot happier, but a lot more annoying and ignorant as well.

Electronics store? Myself? Go? I don't do that; all I do is sit at home on GTPlanet.

I honestly think superheros are stupid. I probably just made 30 or so people hate me.

11 months, but that was right after I joined. Other than that it's been four days at the most; I was at my cousins' house and wanted to spend time with them instead of the people on GTPlanet (I still loved you guys!!)

@Slash, @hsv, and @Aki Ishikawa. Even though this doesn't have much to do with the actual forum, they've helped me answer questions not even I knew about myself and helped me get through times where I doubted myself. I genuinely love those three.

More options. Most racing games are short on the options. I'd love to be able to do almost anything I want to do. I'd love a lot of customization, livery editors if the game didn't have one before, and lots of tuning options (and to above 1,000 hp for cars that are often seen with more than 1,000).

An elephant. Elephants are my favorite animal. It'll be called the hippophant, because I'm too lazy to be original.

None of them. They all suck.

Just kidding. I'd choose Lorde. Mainly because she's the only celebrity I could think of that's even close to 13 years old.

I've done WRS Time Trials, @watermelon punch's Makeshift Shuffle, and some of RAcing Community Evolved (RACE)'s events.

I have considered it, but I don't have the organizational skills or the time to manage my own racing series. If I ever did create one, it would have to be with someone else.

Sorry for the crappy interview.

And also...
k

Back