Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
rcravincase
ive tried all your tips and so far, i havent gotten closer than 2.2 seconds. number 14 is impossible because the buick has an unfair advantage of being lowered, having sport suspension, 125 more hp, and 350kg less than the superbird. i never get closer than 5 seconds. im not going to bother with 34.

come bro, more than 50% of members have completed the game. It's not easy but possible.

gt4falcon
Stay in 5th gear untill the last lap, last pass near the end then kick it to 6th.
Another thing to do is after you pass the cars get in front of one and when he is about to pass you slide to the right, he'll pass you on the endside.

BUMP DRAFT LIKE HELL!!!!! What I do is let them pass me at corner exit, then push one of them all the way down the straight, move out of the way to let the other cars blow by then ram them right as they hit the brakes so that they don't slow down that much, push that car through the turn and repeat. On the last turn, of the last lap instead of hitting him I blow by him going to speed, catch the draft of the lead car and beat him by .2xx of a sec.

Took me around 20 tries.

^i did the skyline one first try. no bullshít. its easy, just drive on the yellow line at full throttle and eventually one will catch the draft and speed up, let him past then draft him. keep on full throttle and let him pass again. draft, pass, draft, draft, pass, draft yellow R34. win :)

rcravincase
ive tried all your tips and so far, i havent gotten closer than 2.2 seconds. number 14 is impossible because the buick has an unfair advantage of being lowered, having sport suspension, 125 more hp, and 350kg less than the superbird. i never get closer than 5 seconds. im not going to bother with 34.

Hey there,

I was able to complete mission 23 on my second try because I watched Famine do it on Daan's GT4 movie site --> http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/gt4_videos.htm#mission

After watching someone else do it, you get it into your head that it is not impossible and that really helped me. Hopefully, this will help you too.

Thanks,
Zdriver

neurokinetik
Suzuka has a lot of tricks and traps...

- The left hand sweeper is the hardest part of the course to get right. It can be taken at full throttle with the proper line, but the Civic will probably be in your way. You need to get by the Civic without spinning out, getting a penalty, or losing much speed. Doing this part correctly gets you a long way toward beating this mission. I ended up putting all four wheels on the grass at 260kph to pass the Civic at the apex of the turn.

hehe, "target civic"... that mission was a riot.
i didn't even care that it took me 5 or 6 tries to beat it, since every failure involved alot of comedy on the replay; due to blasting the poor target civic off the road and clear over the beach and into the wall.
the programmers must have engineered that on purpose, when on pace to beat the mission the poor little civic is putting along on the outside of the fastest corner on the track.
good times.

i finally beat 23 today. i guess the secret is to bump draft in the first turn, get the penalty, stick with them until three, pass em, and let em catch up. beat it by 1.450. the suzuka one was easy, i passed it on my second try. the trick to passing that civic is to turn in early because he swerves right at the last second, and you can pass him underneth with a good foot of clearence. then you brake late in the hard section, and just fly past the little thing in front.

Honda mission is hard as hell.... the closet I got was .54 sec behind..... does anyone have any tips.... I hate waiting freaking 90 secs every try too... what a pain..

First off, a high five to all who have completed GT4 already. I'm a huge fan. At 26 years old, I feel like a dweeb sometimes so much I spend time on this thing. Oh well...

Basically I started consulting this board for the Skyline mission which I finally passed the other day. Then just "rolled" down within 2 hours to mission 34. And now I'm back on the board.

After searching a bit, I found a clip where the driver "technically" mows the grass of The Ring at numerous corners. "Is that what I need to do to pass this mission ??!!" I've played all 3 previous series and experienced the enhancement in the game engine and always tried to drive as if I was in the car itself, therefore avoiding grass and spreading my paint on the fences and various guard rails.

I wont hide from the board I was trully suprised when I re-watched that useless clip and noticed 1- the different exterior view (much higher with better front perspective) and 2- the ****** mission starts at 1:56 !!!! A FULL 7 SEC BEFORE ME ??!!! :ouch: 🤬 :mad: :banghead:

I wont hide my best time was only roughly around 9:24 but shave off 7sec and I'm like 2-3sec from the 300SL, NOT 10 !!!! After two or three self-inflicted headbutts on my table I decided to write to you guys....in search of wisdom and enlightment.

I'm from Montreal, QC, Canada, I own a NTSC/UC version .... are there any others in my situation ? are there more things that diffentiate the two versions ? I read something on the net regarding more cars in PAL and different opening movie (not like I care for the last one) ...I'm confused, maybe the source wasn't good, I do indeed have the cars stated on that page but not the same intro song...I checked in options there are no FAR, NEAR option for my exterior view...what am I missing ? Wasn't I not born at the right place ? nor at the right time ??!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHhhhhhh,,,,,HEAR MY SYNCROS CRY POLYPHONY.... I WILL NOT DO AN OIL CHANGE FROM NOW ON !! NO MORE CLUTCH FOR SHIFTING (crazy/scary laugh) hahahaha !!!! HERES TO YOU PD.... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: AND 👎 👎 👎 for making me wait 123seconds instead of 116 !!!!

P.S.: Should I understand that PD recongnises North American drivers to be more competent than the rest of the world ? That's probably why Canada has no EVO VIII, no GTO, they'd rather see us paddle our way on the ring in our self-made canoes made of sequoïa tree trunks ....hummm **** that ****, I'm off to Japan for some blood spilling !!!! CAWABUNGA !!!!

lol @ Homemade,

I hope you didn't mean my video clip . I tried to keep two wheels on the track all the time.

I know. It's PAL and I have to wait only 115 seconds (8 seconds less than yours). M34 is definately easier in PAL. For some reason they (PD) have made changes to the different versions of the game. It's not the first time. In GT2 they had several license tests where NTSC and PAL had different times. Then it was mostly NTSC which was easier.

The time in my run was 9:03.303 and if you add those 8 seconds you'll have 9:11.303 which should be good enough for the NTSC version too. I just wanted to make a good time for that reason.

The AI cars are naturally on different places than in NTSC version, but they all still have to be overtaken somewhere on the track.

Edit
Check this thread in GT4 Race Reports subforum. There are some write ups and other video clips too (including mine).

You should brake early enough before the curves. When you're standing on the brakes the car won't turn at all.

If you watch my clip you can see that I had two placed where I was too late on the brakes. The other was the entry to the Karussell where (during the run) I thought I had lost it. But the car didn't touch the rail and I just could turn it to the right direction.

I used DFPro.

I recorded the video with exterior view, but I always have used inside cam (bumper cam) view when playing. Well, some rally tests with the hood cam. I thought the exterior view would give more information to the viewers.

NY has been killing me also... gonna try that later.

ps: weird... no flames? By the way... Duke (or any admin), why don't you put mission hall official thread as sticky on top? :)

MachOne
Good way to ressurect with something completely and utterly stupid!
Easy, big fella. It's better than starting a redundant new thread on this subject. We can't bust people's stones for starting new threads and for digging up old ones.

I agree that he could have added a more detailed or useful comment, but that's minor compared to not looking for an old thread in the first place.
👍

Mission 23 Help...?

A quick search of this under the search-term "slipstream" got this post regarding mission 23.

I suggest you get creative with search terms and continue looking for something that will help.

Also, I am sure there is a way to find a video of the missions you are looking for. 👍

twinfire
You guys, whats all this fussin about huh???

Mission 23's a breeze (a 57 degs C breeze) sorta.

The lead car is stuck waaaay out in front for a reason....time/timing.

The key to success is in the mission itself, use the A I drones to your benefit, flat chat all the way, ride low in the bends without scrubbing off speed-makes the track shorter.

Pass the pack of drones, ride low in the corner, on the straight the pack will draft you and pass you, you draft a car to gain speed just in time to head into the bend a t warp speed, once again ride low, on the straight the "pack leader "repeats the draft you you draft him thingy allowing you to rocket through the bends, this doesnt always happen so dont panic. While your doing this your bringing your slipstreaming buddies closer to the elusive leader, on the last lap/corner you should be in a position to pass easily that yellow bleeping car.

Keep it floored.

will post my time later

love gt4

Kent
Also, I am sure there is a way to find a video of the missions you are looking for. 👍
Possibly.....

What's the biggest text I could put on the link to my site in my sig without getting into trouble?

Thanks for your reply Alavilla. I have to admit that going more in depth in your thread I realised that it is doable.

Dude !!! You used the DFPro ?? Whoa :dopey:
I tried this beauty on an oval contest for some Montreal Grand Prix tickets and since I tried the wheel (even though it was a simple oval) I'm litteraly hooked !!!
Question now : Are your times better with the wheel or the DS controller ? I recall using a crappy V3 FX racing wheel and my times where better with the controller by then... (gt3)
http://www.psreporter.com/aznB00004U8KG/v3_2.php

What about you ?

So to fallow your advice, break early and strong and it's possible to stay clean and be victorious ?
I can say that after trying the grass-hopping method my split-times weren't improved at all...

So my Target time for the NTSC is 9:13 roughly ? boy-o-boy ! I'm still off by 10 secs. The Ring is still a HUGE 20KM circuit so cutting down is possible....but damn, I guess being "safe" to be clean is out of the question... Being on the edge and clean during 20.83KM is the only way

If GT4 is really a reproduction of reality, a simulator per say, I go M5 instead of that heavy SLR with those ugly gear ratios...**** they're mainly the reason why we need to brake so hard b4 a corner....

Anyways....I'm up to varnish on my canoe....Beware PD, I'm coming full force with titanium paddles !!!!

Homemade ,

I've used a wheel since early 2002. I have Logitech Wingman FF GP, original MOMO and now DFPro. MOMO doesn't work with GT4 and at first I used Wingman for a few weeks, but I didn't like it. After I got DFPro the game got much better because it's clearly made for that 900 degrees wheel. 180 degrees wheel produce too much horizontal G forces at Sarthe straight with the fast cars.

I'm clearly slower if I use DS2 pad, but I still did some license tests (for example the pace car test at Costa di Amalfi) to gold with the pad when I didn't have the wheel with me during the Easter holidays.

I think you should brake early, but not always to 100%. Try to use only about 50% of the brake indicator and for a short period of time. Also if braking hard before a slow curve lift the brake in the end because the car seems to slow down better that way. Also it's possible to steer if you won't stand on the brake (100% braking). I know that with the pad it's not so easy to do because the movement of the button is so short (or if you use the right side stick).

If you've watched my run you can see that I was too late on the brakes at some places. A good example of poor timing is at Karussell where the car goes to the outer side of the curve and I have to do some extra work to get it back to the line. I watched too long time the car in front and missed the braking point.

At Planzgarten after I overtook the third AI car (almost bumped to the rear of it) I used both the brake and the gas at the same time. I don't know how the game handles that input, but I tried to take the car under my control. That can be done if you brake a little and don't lift the gas totally.

If you have enough credits in the game then buy the car and also one step harder sports tires to it. Keep ASM and TCS on (maybe TCS set to 2). Then go to Free Run and just do several laps there. Try to find concistency on your lap times. You should be able to do at least three laps which times are within 1 second.

With the default tires I could get flying laps to 7:01 - 7:02 and with the harder tires they were maybe 2 or 3 seconds slower. I think you should be able to get 7:04 flying laps to be sure. If you can do such flying laps then you don't have to push yourself over the limit in the mission. You just have to know what to do. It's not a question of being lucky.

When I did the flying laps I usually had to do three or four warm up laps which were about 5 seconds slower and after that I got the pace close to what I wanted.

You don't have to be on the edge to be clean (I assume "clean" = two wheels on the track). At least not all the time. I think being "safe" might be about 1 second slower than being on the edge. There were three places where I was on the edge:
- Schwedenkreuz (slight left bend before Aremburg right curve) where the car went too close to the inside
- Miss-Hit-Miss where I was a little too late on the brakes
- Karussell too late on the brakes

Just about everywhere else I had a feeling that the car was in my hands and I knew how to handle the next curve.

AI cars may cause some problems because they aren't in the same place all the time when you overtake them. For example I had to decide in a second how to handle the first AI car when I passed it at Bergwerk. I had passed it earlier just before the curve during braking and after the curve, but never before in the curve.

Here is a satellite picture of the Ring so that you can follow the names of the curves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back