Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, how hard is that darn mission! I can't even pass the second place car and I need some help fast!!! I try to drive every corner perfect and I still cannot catch that stupid gullwing that is 123 seconds ahead!!! I'm trying to win the Prize car which is a Nissan race car but I cannot win this race! It is the last race by the way in the driving missions.

Help Please, I'm very frusterated.

I beat Mission 34 after trying for 3 days YES!

Now I feel invincible, heh, lol (me invincible is impossible) :sly:

👍
👍

We should have a special race at the ring for all the owners of the Nissan 80C race car and see all the "Ringmeisters" who beat Mission 34 would stack up to the horses of a real hard earned race car!

I'll post my initial time here when I get another chance to play GT4

Oliver_Newton
Congrats. 👍 I haven't tried that one yet. I'm almost affraid to. lol

Well you better start practicing. That R89C is awesome, but more importantly, Nurburgring is (one of) the most fun track in the game.

I know the feeling - I felt like King of the World when I beat Mission 34!! :dopey:

It's interesting that it gets so frustrating that you want to smash the TV and the PS2, yet when you finish it, you feel amazing because it was so hard. If it wasn't hard, there'd be no reward.

Well done buddy :) , are using PAL or NTSC?

Nice 👍. I've only tried twice on that mission and came up 5 secs behind on the second try. It's the only mission I've got left so I'll be working on it a lot now.

Congrats on your accomplishment! 👍

I'm sure everyone is happy to hear that another member has met their goal. :D

Also, don't be shy about posting up a nice 'Ring race in the spot race forum.
Try to do one that will include more than just the R89c... Maybe work it to include other LMPs as well as the R89? :sly:

Good luck with it if you decide to try your hand at spot races.

Now, for the bad part of my post...

Generally speaking we do not allow threads to be created for this sort of subject.
There have already been dozens of threads regarding the missions, there is even an official Mission Hall thread.

Posting a new thread just to say, "I did it" is not exactly allowed.

Sorry, I hope you can understand. :D

On a side note... Instead of just "closing" this thread I am going to merge it with the "official mission hall thread."

Hope to see you continue your discussion in there. :cheers:

I have seen the Video.. But I still cant manage to do it >.< After like 2 Attempt's u r Finger starts to hurt .. I am getting a wheel soon i need it :(
I am talking about mission 23 btw

Hey Everyone,

First post...just had to tell someone!

I finally beat this darned mission (#34)...but...I did it the dirty way. :guilty: After missing it by .6 then .357 a number of times (wall-riding and lawnmowing when necessary), I passed the second-to-last checkpoint 14.9 seconds behind. I bore down on, then passed, the second place car and saw the evil SL right in front of me, so I aimed right at him and clipped the car/nailed the wall for a 5-second penalty. He must have still been spinning behind me because I was able to get back on the pavement and pull out a 9'11" time - Yes :)

I have a question for the board. I know that I needed to get just under 9'13" to pass the mission, so has anyone completely slammed into the wall "without" hitting the lead car and still pull out the win? If so, what was your time? In getting a 9'11" I'm thinking I might have been able to avoid hitting the car and still have won, but it sure didn't look like that in the heat of the moment. There also was a type of visceral satisfaction in just slamming it out of the way and going for the win...but that's another topic.

I also recently got all golds but I don't see that thread anymore. BTW, I'm not bragging or anything because these two things (80 golds and M34) took me months (off and on) to complete. Nothing like the true drivers on this board who did both of these months "ago". Hats off to you guys!

Thanks,
ZDriver

Zdriver
Hey Everyone,

First post...just had to tell someone!
I have a question for the board. I know that I needed to get just under 9'13" to pass the mission, so has anyone completely slammed into the wall "without" hitting the lead car and still pull out the win? If so, what was your time? In getting a 9'11" I'm thinking I might have been able to avoid hitting the car and still have won, but it sure didn't look like that in the heat of the moment. There also was a type of visceral satisfaction in just slamming it out of the way and going for the win...but that's another topic.

Thanks,
ZDriver

Shame on you, racing dirty. :lol: J/K

Anyways I beat it clean in every way on my 5th try with a time of 9:12:650. During this race the only mistake I made was getting two wheels off in the left-right s-curve about a quarter of the way around. I didn't hit anyone or anything. I won by a .257 margin of victory.

rsmithdrift
Shame on you, racing dirty. :lol: J/K

Anyways I beat it clean in every way on my 5th try with a time of 9:12:650. During this race the only mistake I made was getting two wheels off in the left-right s-curve about a quarter of the way around. I didn't hit anyone or anything. I won by a .257 margin of victory.

Wow...Beating that mission on your 5th try is pretty darned good. I'm assuming it was the NTSC version. I think this was my 205th try. :) Maybe I'll go back and try to do it clean one of these days for fun, but I need to let the emotional scars heal first. :nervous:

Thanks,
Zdriver

Zdriver
Wow...Beating that mission on your 5th try is pretty darned good. I'm assuming it was the NTSC version. I think this was my 205th try. :) Maybe I'll go back and try to do it clean one of these days for fun, but I need to let the emotional scars heal first. :nervous:

Thanks,
Zdriver

Of course it was the NTSC. But I find that the real trick to this race is to run the first part so quick that you pass the first car just before the famous "banked harpin". Sorry don't know the real name of it, but if that car holds you up at all you won't make it.

It's amazing how this mission can ruin your day. I was happy so I decided to give this mission a try and after 1 long 123 seconds wait just to end 15 seconds behind after crashing in the wall. But now I take the slr and go full speed and crash into a wall after a fail at this mission. It really feels better after that.

hi... im new to forums overall..... seems quite cool reading.....
how much time did u beat the first car by???????
ne wais...... i dunno wat my lap time was for this mission but i beat the car by over 2 seconds....... i was celebrating............. 5 days of constant retries each day without doing anything else but spending 2 hours doing this over and over till i got it........ i skipped mission 11-29 and did all 1 lap magic wen i was about 15%........ was just wondering whats the fastest lap time or how much did u beat it by.........

just hate waiting 2 minutes before doing it..... :indiff:

MegaManX
hi... im new to forums overall..... seems quite cool reading.....
how much time did u beat the first car by???????
ne wais...... i dunno wat my lap time was for this mission but i beat the car by over 2 seconds....... i was celebrating............. 5 days of constant retries each day without doing anything else but spending 2 hours doing this over and over till i got it........ i skipped mission 11-29 and did all 1 lap magic wen i was about 15%........ was just wondering whats the fastest lap time or how much did u beat it by.........

just hate waiting 2 minutes before doing it..... :indiff:

Welcome! There are many threads on this - use the SEARCH facility.

"ne wais" - does it really take that much more effort to move your finger two keys across from "E" to "A" and write "anyway"? Assuming of course, thats what you are trying to type.
May I also take this opportunity to remind you of the existence of capital letters and the full stop.

First of all, welcome to the GTP. You might want to do a search on this next time. It's pretty good that you beat it though, and aren't asking how. Not that I wouldn't want to help, simply that you might get flamed for asking and not searching. ;) As for the times, that looks pretty good beating it by 2 seconds.

gaaaah. i hate mission 34. and the subaru one. in the subaru mission im always half a second down somewhere, and mission 34 the closest ive been is 3 seconds on my second attempt. the third time i tried it i was all over the place crashing into everything. guess i missed my golden time :(

For me mission 13 was by far the hardest one. I'd say it took me 45 tries to beat 13 and about 10 to beat 34. I already knew the ring by heart and that benz handles pretty well.

34 and some of the 3 lap missions are the toughest ones out there, for me at least. I have been trying to get mission 13 under my belt for two weeks now. But I tell you what; having a good set of DFP break pedals makes a world of difference.

I played a little bit dirty to beat 13 the first time. I put my back bumper into the 2nd place car HARD in the right hander after the long straight, that way I flew through the corner and didn't get the 5 sec penalty. I was sick and tired of not being able to get around the lead car cleanly so I used the 2nd place car as a helper. :)

I went back a couple days later and was able to win the race without cheating, I was just pushing too hard in some of the corners the first time around.

Now I'm at 89% with only rally races to go, man I hate these worse than the missions. :(

i dont have all the time to read every post. but the only missions i cant beat are numbers 14, 23, and 34. the superbird for 14 handles like dog poo, the 3-6 skylines are too slow (i get within 2 seconds on my own, but only 7 when drafting with them), and i suck at the ring. i push the slr as hard as it can go, and it only gets withing 25 seconds. any help?

rcravincase
i dont have all the time to read every post. but the only missions i cant beat are numbers 14, 23, and 34. the superbird for 14 handles like dog poo, the 3-6 skylines are too slow (i get within 2 seconds on my own, but only 7 when drafting with them), and i suck at the ring. i push the slr as hard as it can go, and it only gets withing 25 seconds. any help?

23 is simple i beat it by 2 seconds,you HAVE to draft the other skylines at every staight,if you dont youll never win it.

ive tried it so many different ways, and i still cant beat it. ive drafted in the turns only, on the straight only, the whole place, not at all, hooking up with one car only. everything they do in nascar ive tried. the closest i get is hugging the inside the entire time and i can get within 1.243 seconds. if i draft only on the straights, then they get left behind because they hit the brakes entering the turns and i stay out front doing 164 in sixth gear and they never catch up again.

rcravincase
if i draft only on the straights, then they get left behind because they hit the brakes entering the turns and i stay out front doing 164 in sixth gear and they never catch up again.

Stay in 5th gear untill the last lap, last pass near the end then kick it to 6th.
Another thing to do is after you pass the cars get in front of one and when he is about to pass you slide to the right, he'll pass you on the endside.

ive tried all your tips and so far, i havent gotten closer than 2.2 seconds. number 14 is impossible because the buick has an unfair advantage of being lowered, having sport suspension, 125 more hp, and 350kg less than the superbird. i never get closer than 5 seconds. im not going to bother with 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back