On GT7, TAKE OUT EITHER VAUXHALL OR OPEL!

• Thread starter Logoncal21
  • 195 comments
hsv
Because Opels are Vauxhalls. I think there's been confusion surrounding that - they used to be separate entities, but now all Vauxhalls are penned by Opel. All I was trying to say was if a car is built in a country and stays there with a specific badge, it can't be considered a "rip-off" of a car that is exactly the same but gets shipped off elsewhere with a different badge.
I know. I understand where you are coming from @hsv. Its not me you need to tell. @RESHIRAM5 is who you need to tell.

Here is an article on the Opel Speedster/ Vauxhall VX220. The exterior was designed by Niels Loeb at Opel's design HQ in Russelheim, Germany, the interior was designed by Steven Crijns but that doesn't matter because... we only get standard Opels/Vauxhalls. :(

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/information/press/press/press1999/auexm99.html

Some other interesting bits on how it is different from a Lotus Elise.

What it won't be, however, is a blatant imitation of the Elise. It will boast extra creature comforts as well as delivering a markedly different and less frenzied driving experience...

...Although engineers from Lotus have been heavily involved with the running gear and drivetrain development, the Speedster driving experience will be tamer than that of a Lotus, and feature a neutral handling balance more suitable for less experienced motorists. The extra weight of the Vauxhall/Opel engine will also have an influence on how the car behaves, according to Lotus, calling for different suspension settings to those of the Elise. Despite weighing in at 800kg, performance from the Speedster will still be impressive, with a potential top speed of 138mph.

ok I'll go back on topic.

hsv
The car is now semi-premium, so looks a tad better than the GT3 model. Would like a nice premium one though.
How semi-premium if it doesn't have an detailed interior?

And Vauxhall can't be removed from GT7 because there's models of Vauxhall are not sold on Germany like the Monaro and the Nova.

Yes, it has an premium exterior but I don't see the interior...
FACEPALM.png

Semi-premium. Not a premium.
Yes, but "semi-premium" means that interior is under developpement.
You said it yourself.

British players should have Vauxhall, and the rest of Europe should have Opel. For other regions, I'm not sure.
By that logic, then the car list for GT7 would be region specific and that would be stupid.

Just keep either Opel or Vauxhall and get rid of what's not being kept as the two are basically the same.

Like this one:

Vauxhall-Monaro_VXR_2005_1600x1200_wallpaper_05.jpg

That's pretty much a Holden Commodore, haha. Well that's the problem you get by trying to include so many cars in the game. Manufacturers share platforms to drive down costs and often re-badge products I guess inevitably you'll get that in the game as well. If they would all be premium cars and could see the interiors maybe it would make more sense.

Ok, does any of you agree of PD still putting both Vauxhall and Opel? Their car list are exactly the same.

The only thing that changes is the brand. That's it. Same specs, same version, same everything.

I see alot of people complaining that PD puts like 40 skylines and 30 miatas, but i never see people complaining that they put 2 dealerships that have the exact same cars

The Opel Calibra Touring car has a shorter tracking than the Vaxhuall, this is because both of them actually raced in different series.

In other words if you cannot decide, get the Vauxhall.

Last edited:
It's actually not like that. In real life an Acura NSX would have significant differences from its Honda equivalent (especially the hotter Honda ones) as the Acura models were heavier and softer for the purposes of federalisation and equipment differences (most Acura NSX models were targas after a certain year I can't remember off the top of my head), and PD actually took the time to model them. Neither holds true for any of the Vaxhaull/Opel models actually in the game; and certainly not for the Vaxhaull models that PD just made up entirely.

Last edited:
To weigh in, I say keep both Opel and Vauxhall for GT7, but PD must also add some new cars to each manufacture.

Examples that I'll put in quotes.

Opel:

Vauxhall:
That Carlton that you refer was made by Lotus, not from Vauxhall. I think that you're refferring to Vauxhall Omega.

That Carlton that you refer was made by Lotus, not from Vauxhall. I think that you're refferring to Vauxhall Omega.
Tuned by Lotus, the Carlton is a modded Vauxhall Omega. So, it's technically both and thus; I normally call it the Vauxhall-Lotus Cortina. Like how people refer the modern Shelby GT500 as the Ford Shelby GT500.

The Opel Calibra Touring car has a shorter tracking than the Vaxhuall, this is because both of them actually raced in different series.
Thank you for that. I just noticed the visual difference and thought "that can't be right," but apparently it is. ;)

In other words if you cannot decide, get the Vauxhall.
Actually, a Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car as in the game never raced anywhere or in any series. The only thing that comes close was the Calibra used in ITCC for one or two races at british circuits when they changed the livery to show Vauxhall emblems, it twas technically still an Opel Calibra DTM/ITCC.

Actually, a Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car as in the game never raced anywhere or in any series. The only thing that comes close was the Calibra used in ITCC for one or two races at british circuits when they changed the livery to show Vauxhall emblems, it twas technically still an Opel Calibra DTM/ITCC.

Same goes for the Astra.

Same goes for the Astra.
Yep. When ITCC was finally done and they returned to call it DTM Opel didn't even change the livery for races in Britain. So while you could justify the Vauxhall Calibras existence with livery change excuse. The Astras didn't even have that. IMO, both Vauxhall race cars are fictional and could in fact stay out for GT7. Better bring a real Vauxhall, anything from Baby Bertha to a BTCC car of the 90s to today. Really, anything as long as it actually existed.

Back