One Make Racing @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardy 944
  • 30 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Post deleted by me. Event sorted out.

Last edited:
Hey Scooby. As this is your idea thread do you mind me posting mine to see what reaction I get? (If you do then Ill delete this post)

I am thinking about making a race for around 500 PP cars. Cars like Teg Type R, Cooper S, Focus ST, Lotus Elise etc. This will be put on N tyres so closer racing. As in the other thread, you can have as many cars as you like but all have to be able to compete with eachother.

As these cars dont get used very much, I thought people would want to give it a try?

Any interest?

No i don't mind at all:tup: I suggested R3's tires for two reasons one, cars slide around a lot and the more they slide the more they run into each other. Second it takes the cheating possibility out of the equation:tup:

I am thinking about making a race for around 500 PP cars. Cars like Teg Type R, Cooper S, Focus ST, Lotus Elise etc. This will be put on N tyres so closer racing. As in the other thread, you can have as many cars as you like but all have to be able to compete with eachother.

As these cars dont get used very much, I thought people would want to give it a try?

Any interest?

👍 good idea Jack! sign me in for some 500pp racing, it's getting boring driving Ferrari's and all other high powered cars all the time,some variety will be interesting.
I don't know if N tyres would work in competitive racing but we can always change it to S1 after some test runs..

Last edited:
Problems with 500PP N tyred cars, 1) You'll never finish, 2) you'll cause a huge distraction at the start (you might even get hit even when trying to get out the way because the difference would be so huge), 3) you'll be a further distraction when coming round to lap in the same way someone driving backwards is a distraction. 4) It allows people to work around it and use different tyres without anyone noticing.

It is incredibly distracting when you're leading a race and you come round to a bunch of ghosts driving around, avoiding the other schedules just means you won't distract GTP racers, there's other people out there you must consider. For this reason, you should use a higher PP so you will not be lapped, and have enough grunt to get out the way at the start of the race.

Using R tyres might be a bit too much to keep it under 500pp unless i'm mistaken. Will there be a set tuning regulation that everyone must use? I heard people want to tune certain settings as some people struggle to compete evenly with the stock settings, therefore if a car is more easier to handle for a wider audience then we can expect competitive racing from the whole field, especially since most people competing in this event are from GTP anyway. Unless i'm making the event far too easy for certain people...

Last edited:
Using R tyres might be a bit too much to keep it under 500pp unless i'm mistaken. Will there be a set tuning regulation that everyone must use? I heard people want to tune certain settings as some people struggle to compete evenly with the stock settings, therefore if a car is more easier to handle for a wider audience then we can expect competitve racing from the whole field, especially since most people competing in this event are from GTP anyway. Unless i'm making the event far too easy for certain people...

Easy to handle cars don't make easy racing, if anything they make it harder because there's less of a void between skill. But as I said, 500 is a bad move because it may result in complaints. I know I'd be annoyed if I came round the corner racing normally and a group of creeping ghosts were tip toeing along the track infront of me, it's incredibly distraction in the same way drifters have been warned in the registry that they should not drift around racers and any complaint about someone doing so, would be treated very seriously.

Why does this need to be so complicated? Why does this need to be on "R" tires.

Why not simply make an event...

PP600 @ Suzuka on "S1" tires

Run any car you want, any tune... you just need to make sure your car is under 600PP and on S1 tires...like the racing we all enjoyed months ago.

No need to set all sorts of silly regulations and restrictions.

Why does this need to be so complicated? Why does this need to be on "R" tires.

Why not simply make an event...

PP600 @ Suzuka on "S1" tires

Run any car you want, any tune... you just need to make sure your car is under 600PP and on S1 tires...like the racing we all enjoyed months ago.

No need to set all sorts of silly regulations and restrictions.

Why not organise an event yourself if you don't like this one.

Problems with 500PP N tyred cars, 1) You'll never finish, 2) you'll cause a huge distraction at the start (you might even get hit even when trying to get out the way because the difference would be so huge), 3) you'll be a further distraction when coming round to lap in the same way someone driving backwards is a distraction. 4) It allows people to work around it and use different tyres without anyone noticing.

It is incredibly distracting when you're leading a race and you come round to a bunch of ghosts driving around, avoiding the other schedules just means you won't distract GTP racers, there's other people out there you must consider. For this reason, you should use a higher PP so you will not be lapped, and have enough grunt to get out the way at the start of the race.

Well first. I have seen the japanese forum do this and they didnt get hit. As you pull to the side of the track (full lock and pull power) its not going to take long is it.... They also will be looking to overtake you unless they just want to punt (which I dont have time for those racers)

Second: If it comes to the situation of being lapped (which I can only see on final lap) then we can just pull off the track or off the racing line. When the cars have pasted we can just carry on racing in the positions from when the cars came to lap you, and carry on.

Thrid: I dont really care bout finishing just good racing. If I wanted to finished I would use a GTLM.

Fourth: Thanks for the thoughts and ideas but I have thought about them and its nothing I havent seen before. So if you dont like the idea.... Dont race :cheers:

a bunch of cars diving into the grass is less distracting then ghosts? and how fast does a 500PP do a lap, the 750s will be doing around 2:05 because of the ultra slow down from the boost caused by the 500s. So i think you'll get 3-4 laps racing done before you'll have to pull over. I believe you should race a set amount of laps (work it out or test run yourself) and then you can determine your winners and losers.

With the introduction of Timppaq's Daily Cup race, there seems little point in me carrying this thread along.

@ JACK if you want to keep this thread going for your races let me know:tup:

With the introduction of Timppaq's Daily Cup race, there seems little point in me carrying this thread along.

@ JACK if you want to keep this thread going for your races let me know:tup:

There's always room for another event! 👍 ..the racers will then decide what to drive.. ;)

Why not organise an event yourself if you don't like this one.

I agree.. 👍 ...and good point. :)

There's always room for another event! 👍 ..the racers will then decide what to drive.. ;)

I agree but most of the people on here just want to drive/play with their friends regardless of the car.

This thread pretty much started with the same intentions as yours i,e the same car, same tires, same weight and power, you just have more friends than me:grumpy:

This thread had 11 posts in 10 hour's yours had the same in 1

Your Thread will be a runaway success no doubt about that, but please change the car once in a while:tup:

EFA

Last edited:
I agree but most of the people on here just want to drive/play with their friends regardless of the car.

This thread pretty much started with the same intentions as yours i,e the same car, same tires, same weight and power, you just have more friends than me:grumpy:

This thread had 11 posts in 10 hour's yours had the same in 1

Your Thread will be a runaway success no doubt about that, but please change the car once in a while:tup:

EFA

I have another thread for that.. but it's sleeping atm.. :lol:

and this is not a popularity contest, I think.. we're not so dumb here.. :) ...everybody just want's to RACE close & fast & clean (I believe).. so where that is possible, it's going to be always a success!! ;)'

OOPS, I just noticed, you had the same time slot taken already!!! Sorry for that. I'll change mine right away!!!

Last edited:
Hi scooby,

i think the difference of response is not because of the amount of friends someone has. Timppaq opened a thread with certain rules, yours lets too many room for discussion (which is not a bad thing in general), and i think thats what also "killed" uk86ze's thread, which was a very good idea, too. (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110168&page=4)

Sometimes too much democracy makes things to complicated... ;)

I would be happy to have another one make race with lower PPs cars, but for me it then should be S2/3s, about 600PPs...which others might disagree too, and then we start again from the beginning.
so i suggest just make a sentence what race you would like to see finally and open that event 👍

I'll be there.... :cheers:

INTEGRA TYPE R ONE MAKE RACE​
MAXIMUM POWER 297bhp​
MINIMUM WEIGHT 1003kg​
R3 TYRES 614PP​
FREE SETUP​
race starts XX:05, XX:20, XX:35, XX50​

CAR'S WILL RUN FRIDAY TO FRIDAY​
COMING SOON SETTINGS BY RVT-RED-VENOM-TUNING

Last edited:
sounds perfect for me!!!
i love the integra!!
and R3
and 614pp
hope enough people think like me...

There are four or five PHer's taking part each race, but no interest from GTP which is a shame

I'm not home tonight. But i'll be on tommorrow night for a while if your still running this

well i've finished for the night, but hopefully we can get it going again from around 7 GMT tomorrow night:tup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back