One of a kind diesel engine.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carl.
  • 7 comments
  • 785 views
Messages
2,767
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Tomlinson.htm (scroll down for detailed pictures - link taken from fark)

This is one heck of a hobby.

clen1m.jpg


That thing has 18 cylinders.

Crankshaft assembly: :crazy:

clen33.jpg
 
Holy ****, that's small for that many.

What does this engine power?
 
I've heard of model engine building before, but it was always just muscle car stuff; Hemis, small blocks, flatheads, etc. This is pretty esoteric, and very cool. (I've never seen conrods like that before, let alone the wierd configuration)
Awesome stuff, thanks for the link 👍.
 
As if one amazing hand built engine isnt enough he says, "The next model engine will be another Napier; The Sabre. This is an “H” 24-cylinder, sleeve valve unit. He is working on the design, and it is some challenge!"
 
Props to who ever can find the video of the dude who made the scale Ferrari.
 
I only see twelve cylinders.

Very amazing.
 
I'm currently looking at other pages from this site, it's effing cool.

I've worked on some of these in real life:

Jordan06.JPG


This is absolutely amazing... 1/14 scale, 7.8" high, and it works. :crazy:

Jordan12.JPG


:drool:

Another one, 1/18 scale, CNC 5 axis fully functional mill:

SpielCin2.JPG
 
Back