Online Dealership...What is the Point?

  • Thread starter Thread starter suprtrukr425
  • 38 comments
  • 2,572 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
393
If they're not going to update it, then why is it there?
 
You do understand why they're not updating it this week.
Last week it was just because they doubled the size.
 
There's a reason they're not updating...
 
I nominate this thread for the "Insensitivity through Ignorance" award of 2011. The year is still so early, yet we already have an early contender.
 
Audio-of-Being
I nominate this thread for the "Insensitivity through Ignorance" award of 2011. The year is still so early, yet we already have an early contender.

Can I cast my vote now?
Or is it not a people's choice?
 
It has been more than two weeks since a single change in the OCD. When they implemented it, they updated it once a week. Then they skipped a week. Now more than two weeks with no new cars, and no reason why they aren't updating.

I don't understand the irrelevant comments above, but no need for them.

It doesn't matter what happened two weeks ago. The fact is that the country is in shambles and PD is not going to be updating it soon by the looks of it.
 
I thought it said it updates at random intervals, plus they also had the new seasonal events and remote races to update which probably put them behind. Plus the tragedy in Japan is most likely slowing them down.
 
suprtrukr425
It has been more than two weeks since a single change in the OCD. When they implemented it, they updated it once a week. Then they skipped a week. Now more than two weeks with no new cars, and no reason why they aren't updating.

I don't understand the irrelevant comments above, but no need for them.

Do you live under a rock or something?
Have you not heard of the tsunami that hit Japan, an that radiation leaks are expected to have an effect here in the US?
PD is based in Japan, a video game is the least of their worries.

As for the last week that they didn't update it is due to them doubling the size, this gave players more times to buy all the cars in the OCD due to it's larger size.
 
The purpose of the UCD is to provide you cars to compete in the Seasonal Events, or cars that you need to proceed in A-spec. The perfect example is the FGT.
 
It's hard to update it because most of Tokyo is out of power. You can't expect a small country like Japan to recover from a 8.9 magnitude earthquake in less than 2 weeks.
 
I don't understand why it doesn't run on an automated system that cycles the cars at a more reasonable pace. They don't update it with the seasonals anymore so I don't buy the theory that it's meant to compliment the seasonals.

Also, it has been 1 month since they doubled the size.
 
Do you live under a rock or something?
Have you not heard of the tsunami that hit Japan, an that radiation leaks are expected to have an effect here in the US?
PD is based in Japan, a video game is the least of their worries.

As for the last week that they didn't update it is due to them doubling the size, this gave players more times to buy all the cars in the OCD due to it's larger size.

I was aware of the tragedy (I have a friend teaching English in northern Japan and he is OK for now thank God), but I guess Americans can sometimes be ignorant because I also didn't put two and two together. They probably aren't based in the part of Japan that was hit the hardest however I can imagine the staff probably has family that may have been affected. My condolences to all the people of Japan who are suffering at this time and like others said power outages etc. I hope they get their lives back together and don't really care if they update the online UCD. For the most part I don't see a huge use for it anyway, except for the one race they barely update.
 
Do you live under a rock or something?
Have you not heard of the tsunami that hit Japan, an that radiation leaks are expected to have an effect here in the US?
PD is based in Japan, a video game is the least of their worries.

The radiation isn't going to hit us. We're fine over here.
 
I don't understand why it doesn't run on an automated system that cycles the cars at a more reasonable pace. They don't update it with the seasonals anymore so I don't buy the theory that it's meant to compliment the seasonals.

Also, it has been 1 month since they doubled the size.

Gee, last I checked the Used Car Dealership is exactly what you described.

I was aware of the tragedy (I have a friend teaching English in northern Japan and he is OK for now thank God), but I guess Americans can sometimes be ignorant because I also didn't put two and two together. They probably aren't based in the part of Japan that was hit the hardest however I can imagine the staff probably has family that may have been affected. My condolences to all the people of Japan who are suffering at this time and like others said power outages etc. I hope they get their lives back together and don't really care if they update the online UCD. For the most part I don't see a huge use for it anyway, except for the one race they barely update.
They still have rolling blackouts and a potential nuclear disaster in the country. Anyone who is thinking that there should either be an update to seasonal races or to the OCD if it is done manually is extremely insensitive and callous.
 
Honestly, I had completely forgotten about the disaster. I still feel like the OCD is a waste of space on my GT Life screen though. It wasn't being updated fast enough before the disaster, so my frustration with it still stands. It's irritating to have it always have the same cars that I have already picked though still in there two weeks later.

OCD = FAIL.
 
Tower Turn 13
I was aware of the tragedy (I have a friend teaching English in northern Japan and he is OK for now thank God), but I guess Americans can sometimes be ignorant because I also didn't put two and two together. They probably aren't based in the part of Japan that was hit the hardest however I can imagine the staff probably has family that may have been affected. My condolences to all the people of Japan who are suffering at this time and like others said power outages etc. I hope they get their lives back together and don't really care if they update the online UCD. For the most part I don't see a huge use for it anyway, except for the one race they barely update.

I wasn't talking to you. (Not in a rude tone)
Judging by the track map in your avatar, you must be a pretty good guy.
+1 to the rest of your post.
One of my teachers is from Japan, and was very upset, because 90% of her family lived in the part that was hit the hardest and she hadnt heard from them until just yesterday.
It was heartbreaking how it was affecting people even here in Japan.
 
You still don't seem to understand. You're complaining about a small feature in a video game when the staff of PD and Tokyo have better things to worry about; like fixing their city in ruins.
 
EliteDreamer
The radiation isn't going to hit us. We're fine over here.

I actually did read something that there is going to be very minor effects on people living on the west coast.
 
Honestly, I had completely forgotten about the disaster. I still feel like the OCD is a waste of space on my GT Life screen though. It wasn't being updated fast enough before the disaster, so my frustration with it still stands. It's irritating to have it always have the same cars that I have already picked though still in there two weeks later.

OCD = FAIL.


Good for you, tomorrow ask the world how you wish to be like. Ever think of others trying to save the money eagerly to get one of the cars?
 
Everyone has an opinion, and mine is that the OCD is pointless. Yours can be whatever you want it to be. I had forgotten that there was a disaster, I have been reminded. Someone simply reminding me in a polite way would have been nice, and also would have been an answer to my question. It's great to also be reminded how "friendly" this community is.

Hopefully this thread is closed soon.
 
suprtrukr425
Everyone has an opinion, and mine is that the OCD is pointless. Yours can be whatever you want it to be. I had forgotten that there was a disaster, I have been reminded. Someone simply reminding me in a polite way would have been nice, and also would have been an answer to my question. It's great to also be reminded how "friendly" this community is.

Hopefully this thread is closed soon.

Yeah, and that was a real "friendly" way of talking about PD.
 
PD released an unfinished game, and I cut them no slack for that, period.
 
Online Dealership is pointless should be updated daily
 
Online Dealership is pointless should be updated daily

This is also my opinion. UCD change by game days, OCD change every real life day. I'm sure PD has reasons for their system, but two weeks is a week and a half too much.
 
Have some sensitivity, you two posters above this post. I very much doubt that PD care about a videogame right now.
 
This is also my opinion. UCD change by game days, OCD change every real life day. I'm sure PD has reasons for their system, but two weeks is a week and a half too much.

Let's review:
Last week, PD had to announce an emergency patch to seal up the SSR7 online glitch. In addition, they added a series while not removing any of the seasonal races (which means that the OCD wasn't necessary to be changed).

Less than 36 hours later, a devastating earthquake and a equally damaging tsunami hit the northeastern coast of Japan and was felt in Tokyo near PD's HQ. The past week they have been alternating on working and doing nothing due to rolling blackouts and now a possible threat of radiation being released into their atmosphere as a nuclear power plant is partially (or maybe fully) melting down. It would have been understandable if they had simply not extended the deadline for the current seasonal races, but yet they did. Although that's not an update to the OCD, its not like there isn't a UCD for you to look for cars in.
 
Ok, so going back to what i said earlier. I HAVE BEEN DISAPOINTED WITH THE OCD SINCE BEFORE THE DISASTER. I understand that things are bad in Japan. I'm not expecting any crazy fix for this. I'm simply stating my opinion about a feature of the game. I feel it is pointless, and wanted to see if I am the only one frustrated with it. As I said before, a friendly response would have been appriciated.
 
I wasn't talking to you. (Not in a rude tone)
Judging by the track map in your avatar, you must be a pretty good guy.
+1 to the rest of your post.
One of my teachers is from Japan, and was very upset, because 90% of her family lived in the part that was hit the hardest and she hadnt heard from them until just yesterday.
It was heartbreaking how it was affecting people even here in Japan.

Wow that's terrifying. I'm glad she finally did hear back, and I hope the news was at least hopeful. I was just saying living in America it's easy to become desensitized to other countries, but it's no excuse. I caught myself in the same predicament as the poster as for not realizing PD might be affected to that degree.

I still maintain the online UCD is useless except for a few races. Better just to ignore and use your regular UCD (unless buying a truck or FGT). Problem solved.👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back