Online event update

• Thread starter vicheous
  • 246 comments
I hope there would be an "endurance Ferrari F2007 long lapped event race with 16 players" on a different track within the next updates.

But what's the point of making an event like that if no one goes to it? I've seen recent F2007 events with no one hardly racing there at all. Great idea but no one is bothered to use their F2007 any more, when I usually want to race in that car, no one was there.

Last edited:
This is getting so boring...

When GT5 was released here in Germany the news section told us that there will be weekly event updates.

The first update happened 8 weeks after release..

Now they update these events just every 4 weeks or so...

Also months ago the events description showed us a start and end date , but now they leave out the end date because I think they update them only if they got time to do it...

When I read the news section saying "we hope you enjoy the new events" and "we are updating regulary" I have to say :

ITS A JOKE

Thank you for Fuji F430/GT-R/Z06 and S3's.Ferrari with clutch is GREAT!

I've only just got my G25, but the clutch is ace,

Why I like this event though is S3's everybody's on the same tyre with close levels of grip although I would prefer S1's :) but this means you don't get as many incidents because of someone on R1's being chased by a guy with better grip on R3's.

I wish PD would lock the tyres to each car based on the real world grip as described in the manual, or at least have one or two events each update with restrictions.

Funny to see poeple having SO much hope from an Online Race update, like there were going to release GT5 tru that with 1million cars and each and every track ever made (real & virtual), come on guys! online race never get THAT upgraded each time it was updated, so please, stop complaining about that :P And for the lag question, I experience it 1 out of 15-20 race, so maybe its YOUR network that is at fault, I'm running ADSL2, not the fastest available to me with 2 computer constantly on my home network and rarely am I lagging or seeing lag in a 12 racers race.

It pays to be Patient, if some of you know what that means ;)

Just because you hardly experience any problems doesn't mean they don't exist. ;)

There are at least some problems with the online part. Even when I am host (which I am almost all the time since I have an 8Mbit down/1Mbit up connection), I still get the 'Server connection lost' message every now and then.

Must say I have never experienced any lag in any of the races I host though, and have had no complaints from others joining either.

So on my end I'd say it's very stable, but that does not mean that is also the case for the rest of the world ór that the problems other people are experiencing are their fault, I can't say that based on my experience only.

Just because you hardly experience any problems doesn't mean they don't exist. ;)

There are at least some problems with the online part. Even when I am host (which I am almost all the time since I have an 8Mbit down/1Mbit up connection), I still get the 'Server connection lost' message every now and then.

Must say I have never experienced any lag in any of the races I host though, and have had no complaints from others joining either.

So on my end I'd say it's very stable, but that does not mean that is also the case for the rest of the world ór that the problems other people are experiencing are their fault, I can't say that based on my experience only.

This is the nature of the interwebs. It's like a big, complex road system. You send a packet by UPS and sometimes it gets there on time and other times there's congestion somewhere and it gets delayed. It's not really anybody's fault. International events make the issue more likely, with a greater distance between players (more turns and junctions) but one guy with a really bad connection can quite easily screw it up for a lot of people.

Back