Online event update

• Thread starter vicheous
  • 246 comments
Excuse me guys but I don't get it, what's wrong with the lastest change on the online events? (I've not turned on my PS3 so I've not seen yet that change, I hope do it later). I just see most of you pretty agry with it and don't know why.

Too much hope for the better, I guess.
I see..

I just asked because after the 1st August update I haven't played GT5P (except for a few races 2 days ago with a friend while talking through Skype). Just because I didn't liked the penaltie changes after that 1st update, but while playing 2 days ago I felt that they have changed one more time or so, they're better now.

So I just asked because I've been like a month without GT5P and I didn't knew which online events were those days. The only I knew was the Suzuka 750 PP that I played 2 days ago, and I was shocked it was 5 laps (shocked on the positive way because I loved it). So now I've turned on my Playstation 3 to see what's going on đź‘Ť

There's any way to know before a race if it's a 3 laps one or a 5 laps one?, because I don't see it shown at any part and I don't want the 3 laps ones..

that would be an improvement too, able to see how many laps you need to race.
and i hope "private" rooms but that will not happen this update.
also it would be fun to see a suzuki swift tuned race ^^

Yes it would be nice if they'd add a car specific race..
Like something with the f2007, but then with other cars... of course I don't want that to lead to a punter fest...It's a little dangerous .. Having for example a suzuki swift tuned race... it's very competitive, but because it's so competitive, I guess a lot of people just will punt to reach a higher position..

Well this is all a bit disappointing, i take it the new F430/GT-R/Z06 fuji event is restricted to sports tyres like the hsr one was?

I think the fuji race sounds interesting, apart from that it's a bit of a limp update. Maybe they are picking these races for a technical reason. At the end of the day though, they will never be able to satisfy everyone. People will always find fault.

Last edited:
Is this an exercise in trying our patience? :grumpy:

This is really getting boring.. my intertest is dropping constantly... PD, what's wrong with you guys? Are you idi**s??

So near and yet so far. F430/GT-R/Z06, one of these cars will dominate all the others (I'm guessing the nissan) so basically we have a GT-R Fuji challenge.

And I'll bet my bum it's slowmo 600pp as well? Whoopee! We get to pony treck round Fuji in a car that you hardly even need to steer. Polyphany Digital can shampoo my crotch :grumpy:

are you kidding me? where is the full update? is it still coming?

someone said 6am (whoever started this thread) but online it says 1 am and all we have is the above mentioned 2 races which sucks i am furious. does anyone know if more races are coming to this update?

no, they don´t care the community!
maybe they will tell us, for example that the international event is much more fun because its looks funny how the cars are jumping around. :grumpy:

:indiff:

I'm thinking about iRacing seriously now.. :grumpy:

Only after he's spent our money. đź‘Ž

Erm, ok, wow. People have gained rediculous amounts of hope from out of no where and now are disappointed?
I mean, how could you have placed so much hope in a simple online event update? It's not like everyone has been happy with the previous ones and they've suddenly started making the events worse and worse.

Did I miss some thread where PD or Kaz said "OMG, this online events update will have the best track+pp combinations ever, 20 lap races! 30 different expert events! All different PP values!!"
You people are crazy sometimes, perhaps you need to stop thinking of the glass as half-full all the time? (though I particularly dislike that expression, it gets the point across, lol)

You're all allowed to moan and complain, but some of you sound like you're truly surprised that the online events are not to your liking, which baffles me because we never really get great event choices, though these current ones are pretty decent and the month when we had the 500/600/750 PP races was good.

Keep hoping to see 600PP and Daytona Road appear in the pro list somewhere, but at least this kickass Suzuka 750 event is still around. Some good racing to be had there.

Still dreaming of the day when we can host our own races with our choice of track and PP.

Erm, ok, wow. People have gained rediculous amounts of hope from out of no where and now are disappointed?
I mean, how could you have placed so much hope in a simple online event update? It's not like everyone has been happy with the previous ones and they've suddenly started making the events worse and worse.

Never lose faith.

Did I miss some thread where PD or Kaz said "OMG, this online events update will have the best track+pp combinations ever, 20 lap races! 30 different expert events! All different PP values!!"
You people are crazy sometimes, perhaps you need to stop thinking of the glass as half-full all the time? (though I particularly dislike that expression, it gets the point across, lol)

I miss that thread too.

You're all allowed to moan and complain, but some of you sound like you're truly surprised that the online events are not to your liking, which baffles me because we never really get great event choices, though these current ones are pretty decent and the month when we had the 500/600/750 PP races was good.

I'm not suprised.. I'm pissed. I guess I'm just tired of waiting... starting to get into me this crap what online is atm (mostly). Moaning makes feel better.. :lol:

sorry but there is a event, 750PP international. yes i like it too, and also i love to race against our US/japan friends and however. but if the servers can´t handle that so please do something else!
i don´t like racing if i can´t be sure what will be happend in the next second, i hate it if i punt somebody because of a lag. :ouch:

its like roulette to race there. :indiff:

sorry but there is a event, 750PP international. yes i like it too, and also i love to race against our US/japan friends and however. but if the servers can´t handle that so please do something else!
i don´t like racing if i can´t be sure what will be happend in the next second, i hate it if i punt somebody because of a lag. :ouch:

Have you Rudi had much lag when I've been the host, would you remember?? Because I rarely see any lag when racing. Just wondering if I'm just lucky with the connection...

Never lose faith.

I miss that thread too.

I'm not suprised.. I'm pissed. I guess I'm just tired of waiting... starting to get into me this crap what online is atm (mostly). Moaning makes feel better.. :lol:

Ya know gaming is about having fun right? ;) I mean, moan away, but sometimes you've just got to put up with it and make the best of it. Where there is no fun, make fun, such as the Low PP thread in the Race Events forum. No matter what PD do to the online events in this game, I will have fun with GT's phyiscs no matter what.

I don't think its a problem with the servers, its just PD's online system of picking hosts seems to be unreliable. This is something I don't like either, but I have managed to have lag-less races anyway.

soory first, i have reported this post then quote. :dunce:

how?

No problem, accidents happen :)

I didn't do anything to have no lag, I was just lucky to get into races where the host had a good connection along with most of the other drivers.
This kind of thing should get sorted out with private rooms, as we can just have people with good connections host races rather than just any old person.

At the moment, the only thing PD can do to help is improve their system for picking the host.

ah you see, just luck and not more.

yes if you are playing after, i will say 18:00 europe time its mostly fine, but before. :nervous:

so way they don´t cancel this international event? :confused:

maybe they don´t know there is a problem. :rolleyes: :lol:

Bleedin' 'eck the events don't look that bad. To tell the truth I haven't been on GT5P that much recently anyway, been having fun with TT and GT4 on the PS2 and I'm happy with the odd goes I get on GT5P until the proper Autumn update comes along with more cars/tracks/damage/whatever else.

excellent. i have a lot of time in the f430 and killed at HSR last time around. maybe i'll be able to improve at fuji.

ah you see, just luck and not more.
yes if you are playing after, i will say 18:00 europe time its mostly fine, but before. :nervous:
so why they don´t cancel this international event? :confused:

maybe they don´t know there is a problem. :rolleyes: :lol:

I don't get more or less lag in international events, only less punters and longer races :)
Also theres always more lagging when the events are updated...
I usually only get lag from certain (unnamed) European countries :indiff:
im sure PD needs the international events to improve the overall online experience đź‘Ť
Big improvements been done already, not really necessary cancelling anything imo ... :)

I had four races at Fuji using my GT-R. Only one of them had lag issues and the race stopped soon after the start (was hoted by a spanish guy). I won two of the races and there was no punting at all. Well, at one session there was a dude who enjoyed driving wrong way all time ghosted:crazy: .
One of my favourite tracks absolutely. But more people needed there! Not once a full grid.. Is everybody at Suzuka?

I had four races at Fuji using my GT-R. Only one of them had lag issues and the race stopped soon after the start (was hoted by a spanish guy). I won two of the races and there was no punting at all. Well, at one session there was a dude who enjoyed driving wrong way all time ghosted:crazy: .
One of my favourite tracks absolutely. But more people needed there! Not once a full grid.. Is everybody at Suzuka?

I'll give it a go later. I love suzuka, but i think a change of scenery night be in order.

I'm guessing most of the disappointment stems from the fact that the "update" was tiny.

That said, the previous cycle was pretty good, with good racing to be had in maybe 80% of the 750pp Suzuka races I enter. The main issue with that race is the absurd dominance of the GTLM, and the silly characteristics of the Clio. Races among other cars (barring punters) is generally very good.

The new Fuji event is 5 laps, region locked, and shows some promise.

Kept the good events, and added another decent one: this update gets đź‘Ť from me.

Curiosity got the better of me so I fired up 800pp Fuji Intemediate.

Holy punting punters of puntation batman!! :eek:

I actually started getting into the spirit of it after a couple of laps and handbraking my GTLM into hairpins, using the other guy as a crashbarrier but I'm glad I have the refuge of the pro events. Suddenly they don't seem so bad in comparison. :crazy:

Back