Online Events Renewal - Thursday, 29th January

• Thread starter amar212
  • 142 comments
I'm loving 550 Eiger - so complex, so many ways to improve.

I'm completely baffled by people whining about the slow passing rate, however. Eiger is a good ol'fashioned PP battle track; quite refreshing.
If you don't want to be doomed to 12th, then jeepers, don't enter with 550PP. or 549. OR 548.
The whole fun is to squeak by with the lowest PP possible by figuring out the bare essentials of the tune - do you really need gobs of power to drive downhill hairpins? Can you get away with a fast first sector (but sucky everything else) to stop the others from drafting? Are rear R1s really necessary?

Fun I tell you.

I'm completely baffled by people whining about the slow passing rate, however. Eiger is a good ol'fashioned PP battle track; quite refreshing.
If you don't want to be doomed to 12th, then jeepers, don't enter with 550PP. or 549. OR 548.

I wont....anymore. I'm not whining about the passing rate. I'm upset that they think those racing below 5th place are having fun passing two cars in the whole 5 laps that they give you. Not to mention the 10 second head start the cars ahead of you get while you are waiting to start the race. If they wanted this to be a fun race, they would have made it AT LEAST 15 laps. 650pp Fuji FTW.

Last edited:
Yes, as GT3man said, it's not really the lack of passing which is a problem, it's the lack of laps. By the time you can get yourself into a good rhythm the race is over.

Come to think of it. It is just a lack of laps. You guys are right. I still don't race it for the simple reason that you just can't get any clean laps in before the finish.

If you're up front.

That wasn't an orange focus was it? I accidentally squeezed a black integra into a wall not knowing he was there. Had no idea he was going to keep momentum on the outside of the turn like that. :nervous:

Nah wasnt you, you can tell when a driver doesn't see you compared to a driver driving you into a wall like a action movie. Thaks anyway it cool to see people with class

Come to think of it. It is just a lack of laps. You guys are right. I still don't race it for the simple reason that you just can't get any clean laps in before the finish.

+1 i also wish they allows all cars to make the field diverse. All you see are Type R's.

I don't see all that many Type Rs at Eigar. I think they should have either made the Eigar race:

10 laps
5 laps, grid of 6.
Standing start.

Thanks for all the Eiger info :cheers:

So... if it's made up, and there is so much inspiration there, there is no reason not to have a bigger track 👍

If they wanted this to be a fun race, they would have made it AT LEAST 15 laps.

Agreed.

I really, really wanted to like this event since I enjoy Eiger. Unfortunately, there aren't enough laps to make it meaningful. The fact that it's not a complex enough track to rely on someone making a mistake and *clean* overtaking is very difficult make it a boring race where if you can catch up to someone, you simply can't get past.

There's also the punter problem, since there are no places to overtake cleanly it seems like everyone is quite happy plowing people off into the fence.

I really liked throwing a Focus around the track but I may as well have been doing it in time trial.

+1 i also wish they allows all cars to make the field diverse. All you see are Type R's.

I understand why people all use the same car, I however hate using the most popular car and would rather beat the Type R with another car like the Focus ST or Mini. That is almost impossible to do on Eiger, with its low speed hairpins your limited slip differential is necessary and needed, however PD must only think that Japanese cars have limited slip differentials because the Mini and Focus ST are constantly spinning the inside front wheel in these corners unless you are very slow on the throttle. With my Type-R and Mazda Atenza I can full throttle out of these corners with no wheel spin, same tires and all. They did the same stupid crap with the Muscle cars in GT3, none of them had LSD's, even the cars that came with them IRL. Very annoying and since we can't buy any parts we'll likely have to deal with this crap until the full game, at which point we will have to buy LSD's for cars that already have them. If the SRT-4 and Colbalt SS make it in GT5 I can guarantee they will be wheel spinning monsters without their LSD, 260hp FWD. Geesh PD is so ignorant sometimes.:ouch:

I'm liking the Suzuka East race right now. I hope they upgrade it next time. I think it's perfect for a shorter track.
I love Eiger also but the rolling start really sux if you are at the rear and the "bad sports" make the race no fun at all. Would be a perfect race with clean racers.

Geesh PD is so ignorant sometimes.:ouch:

I think sometimes they just don't get it like when you leave the track at Suzuka, you have no throttle at all to get back into the race. You have to crawl back to the track. And the rolling single file starts. PD wheres your head at?

I say at Eiger, start everyone standing double file on the straightaway at the bottom of the hill. Then the race won't actually "start" until the first car gets to the start/finish line.

Is it possible to tell which events are international and which aren't? If so, I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me. Thanks in advance.

Yes - look at the list of online events in Prologue... the ones that are international will say 'World Event'. None of the Expert events are, and haven't been since Expert dropped the catch-up / rubber-band effect (RBE).

I could swear that I've raced some expert events with some PTs and GB dudes... I'm positive that I've raced PT guys on Suzuka pro and PTs and GBs on the F2007 event. o.o

Was I dreaming or something? :S

I could swear that I've raced some expert events with some PTs and GB dudes... I'm positive that I've raced PT guys on Suzuka pro and PTs and GBs on the F2007 event. o.o

Where are you from?

Mexico, but the great majority of times I get matched against (US) and (CA) people... I think there were (US) people those times I saw (PT) guys, but I don't know for sure. I have the american version, so those guys I raced with must've had the NTSC version as well, that may explain it, like Cohiba said.

Quite a lot of people have bought two or even three versions of the game so they can compete in all regions that way.

No, you get matched against anyone with the same regional version of game, not strictly geography. Being [CA], I usually get [CA], [US] and [BR] matchups. I've also seen sporadic [GB], [MX], [AR], [CO] drivers. One one occasion each, I've seen [RO], [HK], and [KW].

Back