Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
I just had a race with GTP_BrakeFade, standing start at suzuka. 750 I was using the 111r and by turn 1 pretty much everybody had slide off the track but me (dumb luck), and had 3 awesome traffic free laps. I managed 11 seconds in front, and won by 9 seconds.

It was kinda fun, I've never had a race where everybody but me slide off in the first turn like that.

I'm guessing you haven't raced 750pp much then? I win at least half my races because that happens. The other half I lose because I get nailed T1. Then there's a small percentage where I meet some tags and we actually get a race

Me and GTP_JohnnyD have been locking horns for the past hour or so in F430s running almost identical times lap after lap dog fighting for the win usually. Our first time of meeting i won by 0.2 after he overtook me on the straight coming into 130R but i got him back on 130Rs exit, (that same thing happened at least 3 times as he was quickest out of spoon but slower on 130R).
We had a couple of incidents at times but overall the racing was of such high quality, we'd be battling away at the front but still leaving the chasing pack behind.

Without doubt the best battles i've been in bar 1.

I just had the pleasure of hosting a few 12-15 car races at 600pp Suzuka. Wild and wooley! There was a bit of banging but it was pretty fun.

Just had a session with peekay66, Womble64 and OzOldTimer. Awesome stuff :D All in R8's, 599PP. Fuji and Suzuka 600PP.
Online doesn't get much more fun :D
Thanks again boys!

Me and GTP_JohnnyD have been locking horns for the past hour or so in F430s running almost identical times lap after lap dog fighting for the win usually. Our first time of meeting i won by 0.2 after he overtook me on the straight coming into 130R but i got him back on 130Rs exit, (that same thing happened at least 3 times as he was quickest out of spoon but slower on 130R).
We had a couple of incidents at times but overall the racing was of such high quality, we'd be battling away at the front but still leaving the chasing pack behind.

Without doubt the best battles i've been in bar 1.

Yeah we had some great races. Like you said you were much faster than me through 130R so we were battling into Casio on virtually every lap. I must appologies for when I took you out on the first part of Spoon curve, that was pure brain fade on my part :guilty:

I look forward to racing you again:tup:👍

Yeah we had some great races. Like you said you were much faster than me through 130R so we were battling into Casio on virtually every lap. I must appologies for when I took you out on the first part of Spoon curve, that was pure brain fade on my part :guilty:

I look forward to racing you again:tup:👍

No worries, i could tell you'd lost control and it wasn't your fault, i was just the unlucky one you took with you, Another tagged me as I was trying to catch my car which is why I went so far off track.

Besides, we were so close eventually one of us was going to push to hard! I rarely have so much confidence to move around another driver like we were doing multiple times.

STIG330CI just thoroughly beat me at suzuka 750 in a tuned z06. It was him in front and me behind, and at one point I believe he got 11 seconds ahead of me (with me not messing up) and I believe he actually stopped and waited for me at the fast right before the hair pin. He then proceeded to still beat me by like 6 seconds.

edit: and the exact same thing just happened again. 111r vs z06, I love it. Except he's so fast I barely have a chance :( If only he was a few seconds slower so I could at least keep him in view.

Just had a race at Suzuka 6OOpp against NitsugaQU [ES] or something like that (don't know if he's a member here) and it was reat racing him. He was in a black Evo X and he was about a second or less behind me (blue impreza '05) during the first 2 laps and then we both braked to late for T1 in the last lap and both went off :D.
He went off at the next turn aswell and I waited to let him back past to acknowledge his good driving. He wanted to let me have his place at the finish, but I stayed behind him.

great fun 👍

Edit: and of course there were the races I had with GTP_ponchanello aswell :sly:

Had some great races with lotsa good guys today and was really pleased.

GTP_DukeofPendle, you kept my mirrors full with that Audi of yours, I hope I stretched you a bit today!

OzOldTimer, you sure don't drive like an ol' timer, hehe, but you were far too kind on Peekay today!

Peekay, an orange Focus isn't as fast as a black one mate, hehe. Hope I helped you with those launches this afternoon!

Womble64, well met, buddy, great close racing, ultra clean, no biffing and barging and it was a real honour.

GTP_Ponchanello... I owe you some decent arse-whoopin' after the floggings you've given me in the TLD NSX '02 hehehe. Pity we didn't get to race today.

Had a great race with Sjaak too, as well as GTP_P3nt4gr4m and all in all, it was easily one of the most enjoyable GT days I've had online.

Ha! Flogging? As if mate! Always pushed hard by you 👍
Yeah, very odd that I couldn't join any races you hosted (i.e. most!). Have never had that problem before!

Back OT, managed to get a couple of races in with Womble. Cheers mate :)

Raced MisterWeary again (near uncatchable in his MY08 STI), and raced Racer_LP for the first time (him in STI RA, me in Evo X). Very close stuff :D
Cheers fellas

Had some great races with lotsa good guys today and was really pleased.

GTP_DukeofPendle, you kept my mirrors full with that Audi of yours, I hope I stretched you a bit today!

OzOldTimer, you sure don't drive like an ol' timer, hehe, but you were far too kind on Peekay today!

Peekay, an orange Focus isn't as fast as a black one mate, hehe. Hope I helped you with those launches this afternoon!

Womble64, well met, buddy, great close racing, ultra clean, no biffing and barging and it was a real honour.

GTP_Ponchanello... I owe you some decent arse-whoopin' after the floggings you've given me in the TLD NSX '02 hehehe. Pity we didn't get to race today.

Had a great race with Sjaak too, as well as GTP_P3nt4gr4m and all in all, it was easily one of the most enjoyable GT days I've had online.

AERO_HDT
Mirrors full of me? I was pushing so hard to keep you in sight man. I thought I had a good setup for the R8, but I was losing big time coming out of the hairpin and chicane. Must be a traction thing.
Credit though, you didn't crack - not once.👍

had a few races on suzuka...quite a few with GTP_DONK, we had a few races but no proper battles, there was one where i was behind you, i caught up roughly 5 seconds over 2 laps i tried to do you on the brakes just after 200R but there was no chance so i turned off into the gravel trap to avoid hitting you (your pretty good on the brakes lol 👍) you were in a red tuned evo. also there was another guy that was with you, i raced him on the next race which you wasn't in and he pushed me off pole for him to take the win tut tut!!! if you know him, sort him out (he had the same car as you)

also had one race with GTP_Grimreaper, you were in a blue skyline if i remember correctly, i was first for the first lap then the group of 3 you were in was catching me and just as you guys were getting close at the end of lap 2 the host quit 👎

nice meeting you...my ID was Sarlech and i was in a white subaru impreza 05. i just changed my name to gtrp_sarlech all though it's not in caps and also its gtrp instead of gtp so i might make it again.

You are right, the orange is very slow. :) My launches sucked but losing a couple of seconds at the start shouldn't be a big thing with the help from the boost and the draft. You were just too fast for me most of the time.

It was great racing with you. Hope to do it again sometime soon.

lots of good people out there,3 stand put like a sore thumb.
1. XTAGGERX-man,what a good,clean,solid racer.We duked it out ( cleanly ) on Daytona .I feel 100% safe around him,knowing he won't do the swerve move and knock ya' into the wall.I've given him the love taps on the straightaways,and vise-versa to get us both going and we just clocked out and left the rest of the field sitting.At one time I may have brushed him into a corner and knocked him off line,felt bad,ran the race till the end and stopped at the finish line,let him take the checkered flag,he would have won it.Two thumbs up to ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.MiSFiTX-again,good,clean,solid,while racing him there were times where I may have stumbled going into a corner,he could have been an idiot,but no,he was clean about it,he laid back till I got back under control and we proceeded a good race,after seeing that,I felt his respect,and I re-paid him by not punting him when he had his issues as well.Twin thumbs to you as well dude !!!!!!!!
3.Suede53-this guy can race,and is he ever tough,all the respect in the world to him as well.He will not force an issue,he also will lay back if he is not in the preferred line and let you by him as to not create a major pile-up and somehow you look back in your mirror and there he is breathing down your back,how's he do it,he's good.
The private room sessions will be a blessing with people like these aboard,won't have to worry about if your gonna get punted when ya pass somebody,you know it will be clean.

gtp_linx I let you take 3rd because I thought maybe you needed money :)

gtp_brakefade...fast s2k. I'd like another shot at it when I'm not stuck behind some slow viper :)

Just had a Suzuka Race with GTP_SRT-4_Mexico (MX), and man was it awesome! I saw you spill it into the sand once, and since the only other guy in the race was a good 15-20 seconds behind, I decided to wait up for you. Man, am I glad I did! I thought I had it too, until I messed it up on the second chicane and did a massive (but unintentional) drift, eventually sending me into the grass. Thumbs up for the win, though.

Was just about to post here that I had a couple of great races with Cold-Fussion...you certainly can swing that Audi around....till next time :) 👍

Had some good racing in between the punts last night with GTP_DukeofPendle, GTP_BurnOut, AutoAki & peekay66 at Suzuka last night, cheers guys!

Peekay66, when you going to get that GTP tag on ya?

Unfortunately, I have never enjoyed my encounters with 'cominatcha', it's a shame too, because he/she is a good driver!

Regards

Back