Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
Had a great race tonight with GTP_vanos2990 and GTP_THE_HOOLIGAN at suzuka, 750, we really had a hell of a pace one of the races I won I had a total race time of 602.3., thats pretty fast. anyways both guys were really fast and clean, most fun i have had in a while thanks guys.......👍

I had a couple good races at suzuki pp600 but I need to re-learn all the corners again I haven't played in 3 weeks I was spinning out like crazy at suzuki in my black NSX

That's ok, I was clearing the way for you by spinning out like crazy in my red NSX. Actually, I race with a controller and was trying to get used to racing FR and MR cars. I think I need to learn how to race the Clio, those bastard keep passing me in my STi RA.

That's ok, I was clearing the way for you by spinning out like crazy in my red NSX. Actually, I race with a controller and was trying to get used to racing FR and MR cars. I think I need to learn how to race the Clio, those bastard keep passing me in my STi RA.

I race with a controller also but man I have never looked that horrible also six-axis + Ford GT '06 =frustration

Had a bash at the Suzuka 500PP race last night and had a couple of good races. First, I tried the Suzuki Swift, stock expect for 500PP settings, and got my arse handed to me on a plate by the "Tuesday" team - four of them, Blue, Green, Red and Black, and they finished 1,2,3 and 5 :ill: Who are they anyway? They're pretty handy around Suzuka, whoever they are... (they're Dutch, that's all I know!)...

But on watching them, I opted for the Mazda Atenza and tuned it a bit to suit the Suzuka circuit and won both races I tried with it. First race saw some close racing between myself and GTP_nige, but the second race was a three-way tussle which eventually came down to a straight battle between myself and a chap called Hawkfum, in a Mini Cooper. We exchanged the lead several times, but it was clear that he was quicker through the corners, but my Atenza had the measure of the Mini in the straights. On both laps 2 and 3, I had a run on him out of Spoon and passed him by purely having more straight line speed. Both times he let me pass without any hint of a block, and both times he came back at me out of Casio. It came down to basically a drag race down the back straight to decide the winner, and my Atenza's straight line speed won the day...

just had number of good races with GTP_sphinx!

coming up to last corner and wasnt sure if it was my fault but you span! i was in a white m3 and didnt think i made contact with you but if so my bad!

my ID was jackstanley123

Had some great racing with GTP_Stevisiov, GTP_uk86ze and GTP_rxc (unsure of spelling of last one).
Stevisiov was blistering in his Clio 👍

SPHINX!!!!

LMAO, you were wiggling your rear end at me for an entire lap before when I was huffin' and puffin' in my Jag XK and you knew I couldn't keep up with ya!

I'm going flat out trying to catch you whilst all I see is the arse end of a blue Lancer X dancing around on the circuit doing tyre warmers, and I'm thinking; "Gee he's a cheeky bugger!"

But then you stuffed in all up into the turn 1 on lap 3 and slid off the track, hehehehe! I laughed until I cried and then it was my turn to wiggle my arse as I danced off into the lead!

Very enjoyable races tonight!

SPHINX!!!!

LMAO, you were wiggling your rear end at me for an entire lap before when I was huffin' and puffin' in my Jag XK and you knew I couldn't keep up with ya!

I'm going flat out trying to catch you whilst all I see is the arse end of a blue Lancer X dancing around on the circuit doing tyre warmers, and I'm thinking; "Gee he's a cheeky bugger!"

But then you stuffed in all up into the turn 1 on lap 3 and slid off the track, hehehehe! I laughed until I cried and then it was my turn to wiggle my arse as I danced off into the lead!

Very enjoyable races tonight!

LOL,yeah I bet it looked funny. To be honest I did fell a bit :embarrassed: and it wasn't one of my best moments in the game. :sly:

Had a bash at the Suzuka 500PP race last night and had a couple of good races. First, I tried the Suzuki Swift, stock expect for 500PP settings, and got my arse handed to me on a plate by the "Tuesday" team - four of them, Blue, Green, Red and Black, and they finished 1,2,3 and 5 :ill: Who are they anyway? They're pretty handy around Suzuka, whoever they are... (they're Dutch, that's all I know!)...

hi there. ive had a race against most of these lads and i would have to say that most of them are fast..but not so quick that i would have to overdrive to keep with them....many of the races i took part in last night and most nights come to think of it i normaly run first or second... just because a guy has some letters in front of his name.. it dont make him a fast or good driver... many a time you find a fast guy is just that... fast...but speed aint everything(gt spec2 car drivers)fast but more often than not its in the kittylitter....

To uk86ze:

I'm presuming you pulled over after I spun off at Suzuka at the first corner. If you did, then thanks - that's very nice of you. Sorry I ended up forcing you to rear-end me soon afterwards though! I really need to start braking a bit later and taking more risks - need to be more Ayrton Senna and less Ricardo Rosset. :dopey:

Actually, I should've really just pulled over and let you pass in the first place. Sorry. :embarrassed:

Edit: Perhaps I should've stuck this in the apologies thread? LOL!

Props to Kain90 [DE], he stalked me for a lap at Suzuka and didn't touch me once, held off when the opportunity for him wasn't 100% and took it when it was. A good clean racer. 👍

..many of the races i took part in last night and most nights come to think of it i normaly run first or second... just because a guy has some letters in front of his name.. it dont make him a fast or good driver... many a time you find a fast guy is just that... fast...but speed aint everything(gt spec2 car drivers)fast but more often than not its in the kittylitter....

A GTP tag before a name doesn't make him quick or a good racer.

His tag will tell something about his driving,his intentions to race clean.

Just like your post tells me you are an arrogant racer.

cheers.

Had a really good race with P3nT4gR4m along with a few other really fast drivers at Suzuka in the 600pp race. I was trying out the clio for the first time - really impressed with it - though nipping the exit of spoon a bit too tight caused a really stupid spin on the final lap of the race. One driver slowed, I think P3nT4gR4m, cheers to him for stopping even though it was all my fault.

Highlight of the night was going down towards 130R three abreast and all of us making it round. Only to then be rammed up the arse by a Subaru at the first corner of Casio causing all of us to go flying into the run off. Still a fantastic race.

Had a really good race with P3nT4gR4m along with a few other really fast drivers at Suzuka in the 600pp race. I was trying out the clio for the first time - really impressed with it - though nipping the exit of spoon a bit too tight caused a really stupid spin on the final lap of the race. One driver slowed, I think P3nT4gR4m, cheers to him for stopping even though it was all my fault.

Highlight of the night was going down towards 130R three abreast and all of us making it round. Only to then be rammed up the arse by a Subaru at the first corner of Casio causing all of us to go flying into the run off. Still a fantastic race.

I was trying out the clio too. Didn't expect to like it ... and it turns out I was right- horrible little car :grumpy: Good racing with ya tho - the name made me giggle. WP!

*edit*

I feel like starting a new thread - Online races you almost enjoyed. After an hour and a half desperately seeking sanity in 750pp suzuka and repeatedly either being punted off the track or going from 9th to 1st on the 1st corner before being disconnected on the second, I spy Dragonistic in front of me, driving the same viper. FINALLY!!!! A race. And it's shaping up to be a doozy between us and some other guy (mighta been a mines or an s2000. Then, braking into degner the :censored:ing steering wheel comes clean of the desk :banghead:

If you were anywhere near scotland tonight and wondered what the loud swearing noise was then there's your explanation.

Cheers Poncha, A good race, 5 of us in it and 4 with GTP tags. I don't race Suzuka a lot, so I was quite happy with second.
I'm not sure I want to try your NSX though, that back end looked a bit loose for me, and Stevisiov's control of that even looser Clio was awesome. Pity he finally lost it on the last lap, but it did gift me second place :)

Just had some good racing on Suzuka 600pp. When I first joined tonight I saw 4 or 5 names with GTP driving a tuned clio and thought I wasn't going to have much fun. Those clios are just so fast. But I was fairly competitive in my STi and had lots of fun.

Just had some good racing on Suzuka 600pp. When I first joined tonight I saw 4 or 5 names with GTP driving a tuned clio and thought I wasn't going to have much fun. Those clios are just so fast. But I was fairly competitive in my STi and had lots of fun.

I was in there with ya. I'd like to say I enjoyed it as much as you did, but some of the non-GTPers in there decided to make me their play-toy...

But all-in-all it was some mighty fun racing between the pack.

I was in there with ya. I'd like to say I enjoyed it as much as you did, but some of the non-GTPers in there decided to make me their play-toy...

But all-in-all it was some mighty fun racing between the pack.
I saw that. Some dude named xGMeisterX and another guy in a white Amuse S200 I think. I think both of those guys were trying to block you on the straights and it turned into pinball. I don't understand people trying to block like that.

Edit: I just realized that I had a taste of what it'll probably be like when we get private rooms. Without the two d-bags, that is. Nice clean competitive racing, race after race after race. That's gonna be fun.

Well I can tell I'm going to need to play around again with different cars/setups for the S2 tire restriction on the PP600 events now. Joeinda808, you seem to have gotten used to it fairly quickly. And you thought you would let me win? Ha ha.

I just had a great 1on1 race Vs an Evo X (cant remember the psn) in my Tii, European V Japan, first 2 laps were so close but unfortunately on the third he pushed to hard trying to overtake me on T1 and went wide :(.
Great race though with multiple overtakes and retakes, i just had the edge on the straights though so made it hard for him to pass even in my slipstream.

Can't say I've properly enjoyed any races on the new tyres. The most fun moment for me was understeering my Mini Cooper on the right hander just before the hairpin at Suzuka, the rear tyres hitting the grass, and careering through a couple of drivers innocently taking the corner. I felt bad for ramming into them, but I have to say I was laughing out of disbelief and frustration...

I really am enjoying 600PP Suzu challenge I have to say. Still sticking with my Blue F430 and tweaking the hell out of it to try and catch all the Scoobys and Evos out there now. Only managed to win 1 race out of 6 but no-one was playing dodgems thankfully... and I still can't catch an Imprezza with a good driver piloting.

Where are the GTP guys though? I haven't seen anyone today so far, although those GT5Net racers are courteous and make a good race of it. There are still some lunatics flying round doing pirouettes in Clios.. and one nutter drifting like crazy in an M3! haha he nearly killed everyone with his back end.

EDIT - Just had 2 great races with one of the GT5Net lads... GT5Net_grinceur. I know he's not one of us but he's a polite chap and races very thoughtfully.. fast too in his tuned Yellow Evo IX. Kudos for some great overtaking mate! :)

EDIT - Just had 2 great races with one of the GT5Net lads... GT5Net_grinceur. I know he's not one of us but he's a polite chap and races very thoughtfully.. fast too in his tuned Yellow Evo IX. Kudos for some great overtaking mate! :)

I spotted him too earlier at Suzuka 600pp. During that race, I was swiped off the track by someone called jmreyes (he's going on my "list") and on the final lap, he quite blatantly shoved GT5Net_grinceur off the last straight. Plenty of room to pass him, but instead he just seemed to want to kick him off the track for the sake of it.

I was right behind and had to swerve off in the gravel trap to avoid grinceur who was spinning all over the place (had it been jmreyes, I wouldn't have tried to avoid him ;) ) and grinceur seemed to be stuck in the gravel with a penalty, while jmreyes ended up finishing at a normal pace.

I think there should be some sort of reporting system, where you can report punters and over 5-10 reports from different people from different IP addresses, and the reported person should get some sort of 1 month to 3 month ban.

Having said all this, I'm loving the new grid starts. Makes everything feel so much more "proper". 👍

I've raced him before too, very good racer.

:lol: Me and Scooby-wrx-sti had both crashed and basically lost he race by lap 2, so we had a drift session XD Great fun even though i was showing off a bit, especially on the esses :sly:

Edit: Scratch that i just won a race which i drift half of in my F430, its not much slower then normal driving on the S2s and man its fun. Scooby is my witness.

Just had one of the best races in my online experiance so far with GTP. I cant remeber the PSN ID I tryied to go back and race again but I got that damn error message :(... Any way he/she was in a yellow evo (evo 9 i think) and I was in the 02 viper once we pulled away from the other two cars and had the track to are selfs, I bet in the last two and a half laps we passed eachother 10-15 times it was awsome. Not one bump or nudge I ended up putting a rear tier off in the final turn of fuji and spun out but awsome race non the less! Whoever you where in the yellow evo good job! Hope to race you again.

I just had a race with GTP_BrakeFade, standing start at suzuka. 750 I was using the 111r and by turn 1 pretty much everybody had slide off the track but me (dumb luck), and had 3 awesome traffic free laps. I managed 11 seconds in front, and won by 9 seconds.

It was kinda fun, I've never had a race where everybody but me slide off in the first turn like that.

Back