Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
GTP_Ponchanello - Some great races with you this weekend mate. Trying to run at your pace pushed me way out of my comfort zone. Hope to catch you again sometime.

PSN: peekay66

Right back at ya mate đź‘Ť I really enjoy pushing hard to gain a lead or catch up, which I had to do both of with you :)
I'm a fan of both the M3 (which you were using) and the NSX. Great racing!

I had some good fun at Suzuka 750pp tonight, but not because it was good racing!

Jkautz55 is a total basher that I kept getting in to races with, now I was dropping back to last so I could just pick off everyone & I watched Jkautz55 just punting everyone off so I thought of a new game to play.

How many times can you make a basher crash without ever touching him! :D
1. You can change lanes at the last second in the braking zone making him miss punting you & he goes spinning off.
2. you can fake passing him on one side & when he goes to block you you dive to the other side & when he over corrects to try to get you he spins off.
3. when he's blocking you down the front straight you move over like you are going to draft him just before the braking zone & while you are braking he's flown off the track trying to block you but you aren't there.

There was other ways to make him crash without ever touching him but you get the idea!
It was great fun! :lol: :P

I had some good fun at Suzuka 750pp tonight, but not because it was good racing!

Jkautz55 is a total basher that I kept getting in to races with, now I was dropping back to last so I could just pick off everyone & I watched Jkautz55 just punting everyone off so I thought of a new game to play.

1. You can change lanes at the last second in the braking zone making him miss punting you & he goes spinning off.
2. you can fake passing him on one side & when he goes to block you you dive to the other side & when he over corrects to try to get you he spins off.
3. when he's blocking you down the front straight you move over like you are going to draft him just before the braking zone & while you are braking he's flown off the track trying to block you but you aren't there.

There was other ways to make him crash without ever touching him but you get the idea!

I use a variation on 1) - I broadside up to the hairpin on suzuka, so I'm virtually parked on the track facing across the corner and presenting an irresistible target then, when I reckon he's just about to nail me, I punch the throttle into the bend and he shoots into the wall at the end of the gravel pit.

Takes a mix of timing and 4wd to pull of right but it's totally lulzworthy. :D

I use a variation on 1) - I broadside up to the hairpin on suzuka, so I'm virtually parked on the track facing across the corner and presenting an irresistible target then, when I reckon he's just about to nail me, I punch the throttle into the bend and he shoots into the wall at the end of the gravel pit.
The trick there is to know when the game's ghost system is going to kick in. If you do it right, they will turn ghost before trying to ram you out of the turn, which will make it *impossible* for them to do so. Also, since they're ghost, they can't use you as a brake, which means they're firmly parked into the wall on the other side of the kitty litter. :sly: They usually disconnect after this. đź‘Ť Works for Spoon as well. :)

Yeah I noticed you kept dropping back tonight.... I guess I thought it was because you wanted a challenge :) Anyways man you were flying. Every time you got me.

Gtp_loveisdead – skyline mines –suzuka – pp750 - Great race. Hit me up if you want to look at the tune i was running. I think my gearing might help if anything. You are a good drive but I was taking you out of the corners. 👍

Gtp_Ravenmaven - Good driver đź‘Ť

GTP_Chris0 - Great race, I had a couple good ones on Suzuka with you tonight while I was running specks on my Tii.

GTP_L_Hamilton - Great run... also while testing my Tii. Suzuka PP600

Thanks. There were some good races last night...as well as some pile ups.

finally i met GTP_ guy today... it was GTP_torontoblue [CA]
i still on beginner races, i think thats why nobody from GTP was still there.
guess i have to complete the events and move on to next online race class

later on i drove stock F430 against Amuse GT1 and Ford GT Test car...
its not about winning or losing, its the tight race that i enjoyed. I could maintain with their "pace" because they often make mistakes here and there, and luckily won 1 of the races.

finally i met GTP_ guy today... it was GTP_torontoblue [CA]
i still on beginner races, i think thats why nobody from GTP was still there.
guess i have to complete the events and move on to next online race class

later on i drove stock F430 against Amuse GT1 and Ford GT Test car...
its not about winning or losing, its the tight race that i enjoyed. I could maintain with their "pace" because they often make mistakes here and there, and luckily won 1 of the races.

Hee-hee, I was in the beginners races as it was the only place I could race. there just didn't seem to be anybody out there.

I also noticed some racers with (HK), (PT) & (CT) after their names today. I know what HK is but where are the other two and how where they on the US/CA network?

Hee-hee, I was in the beginners races as it was the only place I could race. there just didn't seem to be anybody out there.

I also noticed some racers with (HK), (PT) & (CT) after their names today. I know what HK is but where are the other two and how where they on the US/CA network?

maybe because i'm using Reg.1 (US) version of the game. I also race with someone from (GB) today, but most of the others are from US & CA,

i'm on Singapore (SG) account because there's no option to create indonesian.

Then some other guy who called himself.. erm.. "hkfjkkkdddkdkdkd" (I may have misspelt this ;) ) snatched the lead from both of us and won.

I raced that guy/gal today too, they were pretty quick and seemed clean.

Had a good couple of races today with a French driver, GT5net_grinceur, wasn't quite as quick as me (he was in an Evo IX and I was driving... an Alfa Brera :D) but kept me honest everywhere and did his best to avoid me on the last lap at 130R when I got a little sideways...

Msp3, best person i have ever raced against. I'm not sure if he is on here, but a great racer and courteous. Passes when your supposed to and knows the game well.

Great race man.

Just had two back-to-back races on the PP500 Suzuka with UrbanGorilla and TwistedNavigator (both GB). Great races (not just because I won both ;)) no-one banged out early, no bashing, just good driving from everyone.

Cheers !

Gaz.

Had a decent race with GT5net_Ano[FR](sp?) at Suzuka PP600 earlier đź‘Ť
We ended up finishing at the back of the pack in the end from 1st and 2nd for 2 laps as we waited for each other when the other lost control .. I like the way this race finished between us ... not 1 contact with each other once and yet we waited to continue the scrap and we don't even know each other :)

Thanks mate that was way cool :cheers:
Ron.

EDIT: forgot to mention .. watch out for a driver called Dora Dude[De]! .. this guy is a sack of **** and the worst driver I faced all night and sure enough I have been in with him 3 times already and I'm royally pissed :mad:

Great racing with GTP_Ponchanello yesterday night. A completely no-contact match, just the way it should be. đź‘Ť

I just had a heck of a race that went down to the wire with bigRECK nice race. I wish I would have drafted more at the end lol. Also had another with some guy name Quee-qc or something like that another great race and a very respectful driver.

WOW GTP_Cudadude amazing racing, send me a psn.

EDIT: forgot to mention .. watch out for a driver called Dora Dude[De]! .. this guy is a sack of **** and the worst driver I faced all night and sure enough I have been in with him 3 times already and I'm royally pissed :mad:

Funny that- I raced a guy (mulitple times) with the exact tag of <DorDude [DE]>, and was very enjoyable, so may have been a different guy. Messaged him and got a reply on PSN too.

Great racing with GTP_Ponchanello yesterday night. A completely no-contact match, just the way it should be. đź‘Ť

Was a tightly-fought affair that one :D Good stuff, and hope to see more of ya đź‘Ť

Had some great races w/ a guy named govna 420, 2 races both close and intense... First race we swapped positions a few times over the course of the race, and I was in front before 130R on the last lap, He slipstreamed me, but couldn't get back in the high line so I let him in front and as he went low then out I went high and in and repassed him before the chicane and ended up in first, the second race there were 3 of us and the third guy was a jerk, so he almost ruined the race, if it wasn't for the dang boost, we wouldn't have had to have worried about him, but he caught up in the last lap, and started playing dirty, and almost ruined our race, but we held onto it and pushed through it even with him being a dousche, in the end govna got 1st by 1.3 secs, and I tied with the dousche, and I am being serious, x'15.928 for both of our times :dopey: even though I was pissed he raced dirty I was overjoyed that something so rare happened, I almost forgot that he raced dirty, haha :) Gonna see if I can get him to come join GTPlanet

just having good races with usedID crisisasix (US) .. so much clean races. Bumped him a 1 or 2 times and gave him back his position to express my sorry..
and NO Slipstreaming... sweet..

cheers dude...

@below me, i'm not apologizing he, mate. :P

They would be if I wasn't getting shoved off the track all the time. :(
I think i nudged you a couple of times in the back, i was in the white EVO IX GSR. I got on the throttle a couple of times when i normally do and was expecting you to do the same but you didnt and was too close to try and brake in time but it was only a little tap,didnt seem to unsettle you.

I think i nudged you a couple of times in the back, i was in the white EVO IX GSR. I got on the throttle a couple of times when i normally do and was expecting you to do the same but you didnt and was too close to try and brake in time but it was only a little tap,didnt seem to unsettle you.

It's probably 'cos I'm used to getting tapped. :lol:

It may have been because I had someone in front of me or sometimes if I go heavy on the throttle out of a corner, the back kicks out, so I have to feather it. Still learning (I'm using a DFP and a Playseat), I'll get better in time...

Anyway, my beef is with other people who use me as a brake or barge me straight off - like repeatedly running into me several times in one section, let alone a lap. I've noticed something interesting actually - the "punters" seem to come out to play around 4pm GMT and disappear after 10 or 11pm. It's eerie - it really is as if they're kids coming home from school to cause havoc online and then by 10 it's past their bedtime. :dopey:

It's probably 'cos I'm used to getting tapped. :lol:

It may have been because I had someone in front of me or sometimes if I go heavy on the throttle out of a corner, the back kicks out, so I have to feather it. Still learning (I'm using a DFP and a Playseat), I'll get better in time...

I think it was a GTRP guy that was in front of you that time.One of the problems with the evo is that its brakes a made of chocolate buttons and are as useful as a wet paper bag,so sometimes when coming into 130R or the first corner theres a car a fair few lenths behind then when going into the corner suddenly they are beside my and push me off but because i use the incar view and you cant see the mirrors i end up going off :ouch:

Funny that- I raced a guy (mulitple times) with the exact tag of <DorDude [DE]>, and was very enjoyable, so may have been a different guy. Messaged him and got a reply on PSN too.

Same guy again tonight .. Dordude [de] he obviously doesn't like me as he deliberately took me out on lap 1 again with a nasty side swipe and i had to chase and carve through the traffic just to catch him and smash him offtrack in a purely revengeful move.. I don't give a **** no more about what people say a racer is like .. they obviously play how they feel on the moment and this guy just likes to smash me off track at every opportunity and he's getting used to it đź‘Ž I hope he likes my retorte :mad:

I will exit every race that this tosser is taking part in from now on :grumpy:

Same guy again tonight .. Dordude [de] he obviously doesn't like me as he deliberately took me out on lap 1 again with a nasty side swipe and i had to chase and carve through the traffic just to catch him and smash him offtrack in a purely revengeful move.. I don't give a **** no more about what people say a racer is like .. they obviously play how they feel on the moment and this guy just likes to smash me off track at every opportunity and he's getting used to it đź‘Ž I hope he likes my retorte :mad:

I will exit every race that this tosser is taking part in from now on :grumpy:

Fair call mate. I had about 6 or 7 races with him, and seemed ok. Not defending the bloke (because if he's doing such things to you, he's obviously not a "true" racer in my books), but I might have just caught him in a good mood :sly:

Back OT, I always enjoy racing with AERO_HDT, peekay66, GTP_MisterWeary, and GTP_nd4holdenspd. Close, clean, fast. Can't ask for more :D

I've also raced with Dordude and he was a **** at first but now seems to quitened down with me. Maybe his brother is logged onto his psn network and causing havoc.

DorDude started off as a very 'iffy' driver for me as he was rather vicious in his defence and likewise when overtaking and I tend to give him a very wide berth now, but it seems to me like his driving has improved a little.

But he is still very zealous of anyone trying to get past and will rarely give any room.

BTW, I don't think I've had a 'bad' race with any of the members on this forum and I especially love having a good tight dice with Poncha, Weary and uk86ze. I've only raced against nd4holdenspd once on suzuka and I think the poor bugger got shoved off into a gravel trap by some agros in Clios so I was robbed of the opportunity to really race against him.

Oh and Truth123 is also a great driver too. You can't shake that guy no matter how hard you try and one mistake from you is all it takes for him to get past.

Back