Online Racing -> Apologies Here!

I hear yah so far my biggest problem is trying to race outside my line, I've been behind a few guys the bobbled and I took the inside thught I slowed enuf to hold it down there but washed up insted. Some times thats resulted in hitting them sometimes not. So anyone thats racing me, im trying to stay off yah. I think Im a good driver just not a good racer yet.

I was racing JudgeJeff for a few races today, I did manage to ram him once by accident.. sorry.. I did stop at the side of the track and let him back past again though :)

-

Stuart

I hear yah so far my biggest problem is trying to race outside my line, I've been behind a few guys the bobbled and I took the inside thught I slowed enuf to hold it down there but washed up insted. Some times thats resulted in hitting them sometimes not. So anyone thats racing me, im trying to stay off yah. I think Im a good driver just not a good racer yet.

Oh! The IMPREZA driver, had a couple of races with you. Gotta work on your pace;)

I had a very bad day on suzuka 500pp and 600pp (orange focus and red evo) this morning, I couldn't set the cars to break properly:) sorry to all gtp drivers I bumped into.

Oh! The IMPREZA driver, had a couple of races with you. Gotta work on your pace;)

We had some good runs, not sure what yah mean by pace. I know one thing thats messing with me is it seams if I get out to a big lead all of a sudden the car wont turn like it did, Ive dove off a few turns and I know i braked at the same spot.

Gotta apologize to GTP_Div and GTP_CudaDude for earilier this morning. Had a few close calls at Suzuka 600 where I misjudged either their brake points or my line going into theirs. Which resulted in me either slightly punting or nudgeing(sp?) them. Sorry!! You both just made me work much harder and I usually slipped up at one point (damn that 180 degree left).

And Zodicus, there's a physics system that "slows" the lead car/s so as not to make the field too far in between. Basically, it lowers your power and grip. So when you're leading, the further out front you are the more you'll have to work.

Apologies to whoever was driving a dark grey Citroen C4 in the PP500 Suzuka (EU version) tonight (if you're on this forum). Your pace wasn't too hot and inevitably with a build-up of cars around some of my passes nudged you wide.

Gotta apologize to GTP_Div and GTP_CudaDude for earilier this morning. Had a few close calls at Suzuka 600 where I misjudged either their brake points or my line going into theirs. Which resulted in me either slightly punting or nudgeing(sp?) them. Sorry!! You both just made me work much harder and I usually slipped up at one point (damn that 180 degree left).

And Zodicus, there's a physics system that "slows" the lead car/s so as not to make the field too far in between. Basically, it lowers your power and grip. So when you're leading, the further out front you are the more you'll have to work.

Aww and here I thought I just drove really good after I spin, yah know the whole in the zone thing. I think I remeber seeing you in a few of the races on suzuka. I love that 180 its my fav turn on the whole corse :)

Actually, Div I need to apologize to you. Just registered, but been lurking around so I knew to look for the GTP for good racers. On Suzuka 750PP on Sunday I rammed into the back of you coming out of a corner. Was trying to avoid someone else. You aren't using the Lion's den tune were you? Seemed like I was a touch faster in certain parts (and out of control in others :banghead:). I was having problems trying to get used to the vette. Didn't help when FORMULA_1_ACE completely juked me on the long sweeping right though.

Hey, geez LOTS of GTP racers but without the tags. No, I do all my own setups, I prefer understeer to oversteer as the latter slows you down way too much, so I gear my settings towards my suited driving style.

A big apology to some guy in a black Mines Skyline, he went through 130R in front of me but he must of had to slow down a lot and I smashed into the back of him with a speed difference of maybe 100Km/h, he then lost the car into a small gravel trap. Sorry, you were probably cursing me, but I did wait to give you the win, who ever you were.

Hey, geez LOTS of GTP racers but without the tags. No, I do all my own setups, I prefer understeer to oversteer as the latter slows you down way too much, so I gear my settings towards my suited driving style.

It's nice not having a GTP_ tag at times, because if there were people thinking about visiting here and playing nice with all the tagged members, but thinking maybe if there weren't any around they could drive as foolishly as possible, think again! GTP_ is all knowing, all seeing!

Just because you don't see GTP_ doesn't mean they don't know what you're doing!

*Looks around* :nervous:

Sorry in advance to all people I'll annoy with my lame driving when I get my replacement PS3 and finally play the damn game, I promise I'll try my best to stay out of the way until I get the hang of it.

Sorry in advance to all people I'll annoy with my lame driving when I get my replacement PS3 and finally play the damn game, I promise I'll try my best to stay out of the way until I get the hang of it.

??????????

Still not playing???

Poor you... :P

Hey, new on the forums, ol' school at the game.... been reading through the forums for some time now and finally decided to join the lot..... I must say, I appreciate the seriousness that comes across from so many of you, understanding what GT is all about.... But I must say, it's a shame that a wall of apologies has to be created in advance because of the blacklist scenario, people destroying the game for the serious people makes this look a bit daft.... We all know the difference between fools destroying the game for the rest of us and people advancing in skills (who makes the occasional mess up, no harm in that)... This is a racing sim, which demands a lot of skill, especially online, high speeds, difficult turns, under -and oversteer and when all this collides in the learning stage stuff will happen.... Which at times looks rather funny :P Well, don't mean to bash this thread, I do understand why you don't want other people be angry at you for some mistakes you made, hope this slight paranoia will end soon, 'cos you're serious about the game and should enjoy every aspect of the beauty in this game and just continue on improving with the mistakes that comes along....

well, glad to finally meet others who appreciate this game for what it is... :)

The only major apology I have so far is one of my first online experiences. It was my first shot at an expert race, and my GT-R was the only one capable of 700pp. So, I took it to Daytona Oval. As the race was starting I realized that I was in the wrong view (bumper, but I prefer cockpit) and so when I tried hitting select, I hit start. My car stopped dead and two guys behind me slammed into me. One was a GTP member and we already discussed it.

I am sure there have been a few instances of me holding a tad too much speed in a turn and going wide, rubbing paint with someone.

And I know there has been more than one occasion where either mine, or the host's connection was bad and one second I had open road in front of me and the next I had a car that appeared out of nowhere that I was slamming into.

So for any of those instances and any future ones, I apologize. I haven't bumped anyone on purpose, yet.

Strayed I'm fairly condifent I've seen you in the Suzuka 700's and you did just fine... Relax, you'll be OK. Maybe I'll log on and check out the action... Still debating.

Yea you got me:lol:

:lol: Yeah I know, sorry.

700s I did pretty well on, I think I went 8 pole finishes in a row one night. The 750s though, the cars a more powerful, the turns quicker. Once I get acclimated it'll be just like the 700s all over again.

GTP_Div..what happened to me, man? Heh. That first race the three of us were doing awesome, then the next race I couldn't seem to control my tail. Blegh. :ouch:

Sorry to someone on a yellow lancer on suzuka 500... ended up hitting you because you were slower in the S's. But I should know better :ouch:

Apologizes to GTP Cuda Dude for annihilating the rear of his 350z at Suzuka today going into the final chicane. I decided to try and push the brakes to the limit and took him out. I was going to overshoot the chicane. I only have maybe a dozen laps experience in the car at Suzuka, so my braking points etc are still being worked out

sorry

Hum...

I was expecting to see an apology from GTP_Frenkyled in here... I guess you think that pushing me off in T2 Suzuka 500PP in one lap and not wait for me, and bumping me twice through the S's in another, is a normal incident... If I see that kind of move again, on me or anybody else you will get reported to Sphinx.

That is not how GTP'rs drive. Get it together.

I would PM you but I couldn't find who you are.

Back