Opel and Vauxhall Return to Gran Turismo With Corsa GSE Vision Gran Turismo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 173 comments
  • 33,037 views
Also, I wouldn't get too excited about this opening the door for the Calibra DTM car - I would be quite surprised if RaceRoom don't have exclusivity on that season of DTM.
 
It's always good to have new brands added, let's hope it leads to more eventually. See also: Skoda.
 
Also, I wouldn't get too excited about this opening the door for the Calibra DTM car - I would be quite surprised if RaceRoom don't have exclusivity on that season of DTM.
Helps that the Calibra was also in GRID Legends.
 
Also, I wouldn't get too excited about this opening the door for the Calibra DTM car - I would be quite surprised if RaceRoom don't have exclusivity on that season of DTM.
Shouldn't matter for just the car, they'd presumably be licensing the car itself rather than the DTM brand.
 
Kaz must be on fire traveling the world, striking so many new deals, meeting all those important industry figures, attending prestigious events... Too bad it doesn't translate to supporting his game in any meaningful way.

Vauxhall/Opel VGT looks cooler than Corvette IMO but it's yet another overpowered EV. But it's better than another soulless SUV, I guess? Sigh... 😅
 
Last edited:
Another brand with an amazing back-catalogue of cars, and we get an electric batmobile, just like Skoda. I get that plenty of people like the forward-looking VGT stuff but Gran Turismo has historically been about two things;

1. It lets me drive desirable REAL cars I have no hope of experiencing in the real world (Opel Calibra DTM, Lotus Carlton, Vauxhall Chevette HSR)
2. It lets me take a 1.4 Litre Vauxhall Corsa and dump 200 grand into it so it'll outrun a Dodge Viper

VGT does neither. Once again, I know plenty of people will be excited about this one, but for me and many others I'm sure, it'll get used once.
 
omg ogm omg i was waiting and praying to have the opel brand back in gt.. omg im praying to see some blast from past cars from opel.. i can pay a 100E dlc for the opel cars from gt6...
 
omg ogm omg i was waiting and praying to have the opel brand back in gt.. omg im praying to see some blast from past cars from opel.. i can pay a 100E dlc for the opel cars from gt6...
why not yes!! I wonder how many models have been imported since gt6 without going through gt sport!??

I counted 22 imported from GT6 in updates, others will have the exact figures! Place to the expert.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this paves the way for the Nova - such a great little car that reminds me of my youth - or yoof I should say
 
Another brand with an amazing back-catalogue of cars, and we get an electric batmobile, just like Skoda. I get that plenty of people like the forward-looking VGT stuff but Gran Turismo has historically been about two things;

1. It lets me drive desirable REAL cars I have no hope of experiencing in the real world (Opel Calibra DTM, Lotus Carlton, Vauxhall Chevette HSR)
2. It lets me take a 1.4 Litre Vauxhall Corsa and dump 200 grand into it so it'll outrun a Dodge Viper

VGT does neither. Once again, I know plenty of people will be excited about this one, but for me and many others I'm sure, it'll get used once.
I mean in some respects GT has always incorporated concept cars too, hell GT concept merely EXISTS so it often treats them as equal to their road cars, which I personally appreciate, I just wish they were better incorporated into GT7 but I mean...that can be said for a lot of things to be fair. So I understand some of the frustration
 
Last edited:
Can't say I'm that excited. For one thing, it looks absolutely hideous IMO. But also, how many brands do we have that are "one and done?" When Skoda was revealed many players were pleased with the partnership and hoped for some real world cars. Alas, nada so far. At least with Xiaomi we're also getting the SU7 Ultra.
Agreed, I would remove all vision cars from game to be honest ;d
 
It's confirmed that Opel is coming back, since we have in-game images of the car, but the same cannot be said for the Vauxhall (they are the same car, but still...).

I would've expected in-game images of the Vauxhall in the press release (like the Opel press release), if Vauxhall was actually coming back. Wouldn't be surprised if only one VGT (Opel) is coming to Gran Turismo.



Edit: It does say in the Vauxhall press release that it will be playable in GT7, so I guess we will see... Still have my doubts.
 
Last edited:
The only thing i wish for with vauxhall/opel

Is that it could mean we see the return of vauxhall vx220/ Opel speedster
 
Edit: It does say in the Vauxhall press release that it will be playable in GT7
Welcome to my brain at 1am :lol:

I can think of a few possibilities here, but the likeliest I think is an Opel and a Vauxhall brand in-game, each with a VGT model. It's basically how the two brands operated in previous games anyway.
 
If the brands returning entails a VX220/Speedster, I’ll be running out of cars stopping me from the full NFS Hot Pursuit 2 car list in GT7. Pretty much just the Australian market cars and Lotus will be the iffy cars likely to appear.
 
Seeing that we already have in-game images, do you think there's a chance they'll be included in the August update, or is it more likely to see them in the next one?


GywS4xBagAATDQF
 
According the article from Stellantis it would September. But who knows? While I think will enjoy the cars I would be disappointed by an all VGT/concept car update.
 
Seeing that we already have in-game images, do you think there's a chance they'll be included in the August update, or is it more likely to see them in the next one?
As I wrote in the article, "autumn" is the only time given. That rules out August.

The likely timeline is (also in the article): model reveal at IAA Munich on September 8, model at GTWS Berlin on September 20 (and don't be surprised to see it in Nations qualifying), and in-game on September 25.
 
Opel/Vauxhall wishlists here:


Individual Opel/Vauxhall car Suggestions (and voting on existing car Suggestions) here:

 
Funny thing. Last week, i saw parked in the street a tigra Vauxhall (in Spain). Very strange to see one here. And i remember the brand from my gt 4 days, and miss the speedster. By the way, another VE. Anther old sport brand, vehicule, named, profaned as a VE. What a horrendoss times...
 
Looks alright.

VGT thread is, as usual, a bit of a sewer.
 
Here's the Vauxhall-badged version, with the purple (I approve) GT logo and presented as what looks like an in-game model:

1755696137673.webp



Amusingly, there's nothing from GT about this car yet...

As a side-note, does anyone know if @adam thompson is okay? It's been 12hr and he hasn't pooped on my efforts to bring as much clarity to this information as possible yet in the mistaken belief that it passes opinion on the content itself...
 
Back